The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lara v Angulo

5 posters

Go down

Lara v Angulo Empty Lara v Angulo

Post by No1Jonesy Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:39 pm

For me this was the best fight of the weekend and not seeing anything on here discussing it really does both these fighters a disservice. If you haven't seen it yet then I highly recommened watching it! Was on the undercard of Maidana v Lopez in the early hours on Boxnation

Angulo is a warrior and he pushed Lara further than I hadn't seen before, and the way he worked his body all night to open up Lara to deck him twice was a beautiful thing. That said, Lara's skills and heart really shone and the power his left hand carries is easy to see - just look at Angulo's face.

So what next for Lara? In this fight he was fighting like an amteur at times (no an amateur in the sense he didnt know what he was doing - an amateur fighting at the Olympics) so if he can work on that then a rematch with Martirosyanto clear up that TD I can see him becoming the man a LM. I think the winner/loser of the FMJ v Alvarez should deffo be on his agenda

Great talent

Last edited by No1Jonesy on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Lara v Angulo Empty Re: Lara v Angulo

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Hell of a fight and angulo put up a great effort in a fight most thought he would be boxed out of. Lara showed real grit in coming back, was entertaining for once and showed the sort of vulnerabilities that should guarentee him more fights against bigger names.

Next for Lara. I wouldn't mind seeing him in with Trout, Alvarez/Floyd loser. Kirkland would be great if he was fighting, but god knows what he is playing at these days.

Hell of a fight tho from Lara and Angulo

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Think Canelo beats Lara, he is a good defensive boxer but he was caught on the ropes pretty easily by a fighter who is very slow and pretty limited

That said it was a great fight with a bit of a anticlimactic finish

Angulo had blocked with his face for too long and that's why he marked up so badly. Lara isn't a huge puncher but hit him often enough to accumulate damage. Lara was hurt multiple times by Angulo and barring the cut stoppage I thought that there was only one winner in Angulo. Decked twice and hard, and was getting his body pounded

Good fight but hard to see where each go from here. Angulo will take a while to recover and Lara is a hard one to manage and didnt look all that good in fairness as Angulo was tailor made for him yet he couldn't handle the pressure

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:55 pm

I wouldn't say he couldn't handle it, since he won, but he struggled with Angulo more than we would have expected beforehand. That said, Angulo was far better than I expected. He switch hit with some success for a start. I think Kirkland would be perfect for Lara as he is always entertaining, is powerful but open to counters. Wide open in fact

Always Cotto if Hayman can sort it. I don't want that, but it's another name for Lara

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:58 pm

WHU it wasn't a cut - it looked like Lara fractured Angulo's eye socket from a straight left, was a good fight back and finish

Angulo is a completely different fighter than Alvarez and the only thing you could argue that links them is they pressure. With a less rugged come forward fighter with better skill I feel Lara will be more comfortable to be honest. Alvarez wont just be in Lara's face eating 4-5 to land 1.

I thought Lara's movement (for the most part)and punches were on point and we now know he has enough heart to get back up and still win

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 pm

I know but I was referring to the stoppage, it was stopped on facial damage not by putting Angulo on his back or forcing the corner to stop it

The fact is Angulo has been outboxed often and was suppose to be tailor made for Lara. No head movement, slow footwork, comes in straight lines and slow hands, against a fleet footed pure boxer in Lara and Angulo was giving him fits

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Great action fight and great performance. However I wouldn't fancy Lara's chances against someone like Alvarez unless he improved his inside game. The way he moved out of danger was impressive, but he really couldn't put together any offense outside of a get out of jail right hook when Angulo was up close.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Alvarez has very good head movement and got close to a much better and slicker mover in Trout and had the power to deck him and it seemed as though Trout had a very good set of whiskers on him but alvarez's power was able to get to him a couple of times and deck him once.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:26 pm

How big was the ring for Lara/Angulo? It looked small, but maybe that was El Perro's doing...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:28 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:How big was the ring for Lara/Angulo? It looked small, but maybe that was El Perro's doing...

Good point, it did look slightly small, but lets not forget, they weren't the main event. Maidana/Lopez was and they probably wanted that to be as big a war as possible.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Aye, true.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down