The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye tweets that Fury won't take the fight..

+27
TRUSSMAN66
BlakkMamba
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
mobilemaster8
seanmichaels
Strongback
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
Mr Bounce
spencerclarke
mark_england
AlexHuckerby
bhb001
manos de piedra
Adam D
hogey
hampo17
Nico the gman
kingraf
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
jimdig
captain carrantuohil
bellchees
winchester
Rowley
Pedro147
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye tweets that Fury won't take the fight.. Empty Haye tweets that Fury won't take the fight..

Post by Pedro147 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:17 pm

@mrdavidhaye: I did everything in my power to get Fury in the ring. Even gifting him a 50/50 split. But Big Chump won't sign contract 4 the fans #AllTalk

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Haye tweets that Fury won't take the fight.. Empty Re: Haye tweets that Fury won't take the fight..

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:20 pm

Struggling to read that tweet as the vast majority of it appears to be in English. Any chance it could be re-posted in Fury-ese? #idontunderstandtwitter

Back to top Go down

Haye tweets that Fury won't take the fight.. Empty Re: Haye tweets that Fury won't take the fight..

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:21 pm

If this is correct is very odd indeed. Fury was one fight away from a shot at Wlad and blew that out seemingly for the better payday against Haye. Have to ask if this is not the case what exactly his plan is, does not want a title shot and does not want a career high payday. All very odd, will not throw him to the wolves solely because Haye says so but think since he dumped the Pulev fight this is the only fight that would make sense of that decision.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:24 pm

It would be a major blow for heavyweight boxing if this fight didnt go ahead. Haye has been known to lie before though so we will have to wait in see. Maybe its Haye who doesnt want the fight but he is trying to set up Fury for the fall? Werent people saying that Fury turned down another fight so he could fight Haye? Doesnt make sense he would do that if he wanted the fight.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:25 pm

This was the only fight that made side stepping Pulev OK as it was the same level risk and much more reward, anything else now and I'll be very disappointed yet not surprised.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:38 pm

No doubt Fury will suggest that Hayemaker were making unreasonable demands on him ie Fury had to turn up in shape or limit himself to 100 stupid comments per day

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:47 pm

It's as high a standard of verbal sparring as you would expect from such silver-tongued individuals, no doubt about it. Better than they would serve up in the ring, depressingly.

Seriously, my nine and ten year-olds would be missing TV time for this sort of tedious bickering.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:55 pm

Strange that Broner and Malignaggi were classed has being spirited individuals when they began jousting about who had the more girly name and who had slept with who's girlfriend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm

Dave really not sure someone who has a bloke following him round to comb his hair is where we should be setting the bar.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm

I'd be very surprised if Haye offered a 50/50 split??? Surely Haye is the bigger pull.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:02 pm

Wouldn't be surprised at all, Fury is one of the biggest bottle jobs in boxing if not the biggest

Would be a huge fight and more money than fury can get anywhere else, and should he lose its expected so he can move on unlke some euro fighter no-one knows

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:08 pm

I think Haye is having second thoughts about the fight. Maybe he thought that Fury would be forced to fight that other guy for a shot at the title and now Fury has called his bluff Haye is getting cold feet? Id say 50/50 split of the money is fair for both guys so if that is true then one of the two must be having second thoughts? Or maybe Haye is lying about the money split? Hard to know.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:08 pm

@Tyson_Fury: Haye wants 50/50 purse but I said only80/20 my way because I'm what's in!

This now what Fury came back with, said he's wants 80% of the pot!!!!

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm

Dont even know what this response means:

"@Tyson_Fury
Can't believe team haye outed me on twitter not
very professional of u guys now where do I go
from hear! I can't blah any more"

Anyone speak Fury?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:14 pm

Fury I'm whats in, that must be Lancashire pudding then.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:15 pm

Has said now they he might be fighting Fres Oquendo, some 40 year old dude. If this is true and it's still an if then Fury deserves some serious flack. He's now pulled out of 3 biggest challenges. Price when he gave up the title, Pulev and then Haye.

I'm not one for jumping on the Hype Train but this is hard to defend, again if it's true.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:19 pm

Cant see how this couldnt be true, unless his account has been hacked! Its pretty disrespectful to demand 80% against a former world champ, who sells more than you. Tyson Fury then...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:19 pm

ROWLEY wrote:Dave really not sure someone who has a bloke following him round to comb his hair is where we should be setting the bar.

TRUSS says boxing needs people like him. Who am I to argue with the big dumb idiot?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:35 pm

Surely he didn't demand 80% of the purse? He's getting some rotten advice if that's true.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:37 pm

Anyone who thought Fury would really get in the ring with Haye needs their head tested, i think he is well aware himself how poor a fighter he is and will not take a fight against anyone that presents a threat to him. Made we chuckle how his Uncle Winchester still jumps to defend him and suggests Haye is BSing and then along comes Fury tweeting and confirms Haye's story himself.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:43 pm

If he demanded 80%, then he doesn't want the fight. Haye sells more seats, haye is the only reason the fight would be ppv. Fury has seen the future I guess.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:50 pm

I have just texted Peter Fury to get a comment from him....keep you posted.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:52 pm

Something fishy going on there. Sounds like Furys account has been hacked. I cant believe he would publically admit to being "outed".

If Fury was looking for 80% then negotiations would never even have got off the ground. I cant believe Hearn and other sources would say discussions were on going and a fight close if Fury was demanding 80%. Then again, Fury is nuts so anything is possible.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:57 pm

Manos - my only other solution is that this is a roundabout way to promote the fight. I cant believe Fury could be this idiotic.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:03 pm

Or he could just be on the beer and the wind up. I get the impression he enjoys a fews beers and winding people up.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:27 pm

winchester wrote:It would be a major blow for heavyweight boxing if this fight didnt go ahead. Haye has been known to lie before though so we will have to wait in see. Maybe its Haye who doesnt want the fight but he is trying to set up Fury for the fall? Werent people saying that Fury turned down another fight so he could fight Haye? Doesnt make sense he would do that if he wanted the fight.
It would be a minor blow to British boxing. This hardly makes ripple in the world scene

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:35 pm

Fury is terrible with percentages. Not 3 weeks ago this fight was 99% done. He probably thinks 80% is about half

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:42 pm

You cannot believe this could be true. If Haye has indeed offered him 50% he would have to be stupid to almost epic proportions to turn it down. You do not have to have a PhD in Advanced Mathematics to work out that 50% of £10m is better than 80% of £3m or whatever he would generate for pretty much any other opponent. (and I am probably being generous at £3m)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:46 pm

I would think your being overly generous Jeff, I doubt fury has made a million pound purse yet.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:52 pm

Fury hasn't generated a purse near a million yet, how can he say no to a 50/50 split, the fight would be huge asking for 80% quite honestly is the most ridiculous thing ever.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:56 pm

Something fishy going on there. Sounds like Furys account has been hacked. I cant believe he would publically admit to being "outed".

Given his criminal use of the English language, maybe he thinks that's how you spell "busted".

Or he could just be on the beer and the wind up. I get the impression he enjoys a fews beers and winding people up.

Aye, he's been telling people for years he's boxer without ever proving it.

Fury is terrible with percentages. Not 3 weeks ago this fight was 99% done. He probably thinks 80% is about half

Statistics show that 65% of people don't fully understand percentages, the other 50% aren't to sure about it either and 5/4 of the British public don't understand fractions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

Given his criminal use of the English language, maybe he thinks that's how you spell "busted".

Aye, he's been telling people for years he's boxer without ever proving it.

Statistics show that 65% of people don't fully understand percentages, the other 50% aren't to sure about it either and 5/4 of the British public don't understand fractions.

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_england Mon 24 Jun 2013, 8:22 pm

I'd say Fury has bottled it.

It's a win, win situation for Haye. The publicity will be good for him, good payday, and a fight he should really win easily. Tyson Fury is only in contention because of his mouth, as a fighter the best person he's fought was a woefully out of shape Chisora. 

I think deep down Fury realizes Haye would destroy him. He's been knocked down a few times by average fighters, and in his last fight looked like he was going to be stopped by a cruiser weight, so what the hell would Haye do to him?! And I think he's realised that himself so has made unrealistic demands which he knew would ruin the chances of the fight being made.

If anyone was to make unrealistic demands it could have been Haye. Better boxing CV, fought better fighters, bigger name. He by all accounts was offering a 50-50 split, which is the fairest way to do it, even though Haye is the bigger selling point to the fight. For Fury, a man who has fought many average fighters, and is probably only in this position because he shoots his mouth off all the time, to ask for 80-20, that's just ridiculous. He just wanted out.

As has been mentioned, he's bottled three fights now, all three would have been his biggest challenge. Just getting publicity by making all these ludicrous statements, so he's getting his name known, but then not following them up, by which time he's got the publicity he wanted. Would be very interesting to see him after someone has knocked him out.

mark_england

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 8:22 pm

Yeah, Dave. There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:05 pm

Just been reading through all the tweets of tyson, his uncle and hughie and it just sounds like they are taking the pish with the 80% comment as they feel the fight is still going ahead and are just on the wind up to get people angry. Very childish but it worked. I just hope all the 'banter' is made worth it with the fight. Got a feeling it's going to get tedious from both sides. Heres hoping for a double knockout

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:08 pm

I agree with Spencer on the double KO although I honestly don't believe they'll allow Fury to get up again and let Haye knock him out a second time.

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:14 pm

Quality dave! :-) I bet az is loving these twitter comments.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm

The Fury family is incredibly thick, though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:44 pm

Peter Fury seems to have some form of sense even though he doesn't appear to be the brightest button either.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:44 pm

kingraf wrote:Manos - my only other solution is that this is a roundabout way to promote the fight. I cant believe Fury could be this idiotic.
I reckon this could be what they're both doing. Stage something like this so EVERYONE is talking about it then stall for a bit longer before ramping up the insults then announcing a date. Press conference fireworks from then on. More butts on seats = more money and less embarrassment for Tyson when he finishes the fight on the canvas.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I agree with Spencer on the double KO although I honestly don't believe they'll allow Fury to get up again and let Haye knock him out a second time.

Haha.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:
kingraf wrote:Manos - my only other solution is that this is a roundabout way to promote the fight. I cant believe Fury could be this idiotic.
I reckon this could be what they're both doing. Stage something like this so EVERYONE is talking about it then stall for a bit longer before ramping up the insults then announcing a date. Press conference fireworks from then on. More butts on seats = more money and less embarrassment for Tyson when he finishes the fight on the canvas.

Probably true, think a good number of us are underestimating the Fury camp. Lets face facts the guy is on the cusp of earning around the £5m mark. For a guy of moderate talent who has thus far not been in a world title fight someone is doing something right and struggle to imagine it is Hennessy, as that would be breaking the habit of a lifetime for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:07 pm

... Yep 40 replies on this board from his little antics... and people call him stupid. He has us hanging on his every tweet.

To paraphrase rowan atkinson, he's not mad, he's furyous.

Except, well, he is a bit dingbats obviously.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 25 Jun 2013, 12:07 am

When I read the OP the first thing I thought was this is stage managed. I wouldn't entertain what either fighter has to say as one is completely disengenuous and deluded about his own importance and the other I'm convinced is suffering from some form of mania.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 25 Jun 2013, 6:21 am

Hulkamania?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 25 Jun 2013, 8:09 am

Well it is coming across like the WWE so it would be appropriate

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 25 Jun 2013, 8:27 am

Tyson Fury@Tyson_Fury 22 Jun
@hughiefury15 hates every person that hates on @Tyson_Fury & will laya smack down on them! Fact

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 8:37 am

Hahaha this guy is a bell end. 80%?! Haha that's absolutely amazing. Its like Holyfield demanding 75% against Wladamir tomorrow.

i only want this fight signed so Haye can knock him off the scene....thats it.

come on Tyson, sign your career ending warrant.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:46 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Fury's learnt from the best....(PBF)

Given that Haye has the higher ranking, is the only one that's already PPV, is the only one that's held a portion of the world title at the weight and brings the most money and credibility to the table 80:20 is ridiculous and can only be called 1 thing - A DUCK!!

So, the list of Fury's ducking now reads:

Price - his mandatory for Brit & C'wealth, dumped the belts & pulled out of purse bids.
Pulev - for #1 contender status and guaranteed title shot (with a proper purse split), pulled out of purse bids.
Haye - top domestic HW, highest ranked non-K HW and biggest money spinner possible.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:49 am

Who is the highest ducker out of Fury and Danny Garcia?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next