The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

+30
huw
Adam D
Rodney
EX7EY
Qoxiivi
All Time Great
Noble-Surfer
BoxingFan88
3fingers
DuransHorse
Valero's Conscience
aja424
AZZJ44
rob-glos
smashingstormcrow
Mayweathers cellmate
milkyboy
Mad for Chelsea
Mr Bounce
Rowley
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
mobilemaster8
catchweight
jimdig
TopHat24/7
AdamT
kingraf
hazharrison
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" Empty Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:20 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34959206

Interesting quote from Haye:

Haye told BBC Sport on Sunday: "Tyson Fury is the number one in the division now. Mark de Mori is ranked number 10, I need to work my way up to two, to number one contender, to get to Tyson Fury."

Di Mori isn't even ranked in the top 100!

Incidentally, has anyone seen pictures of Haye recently? Is he the most jacked heavyweight in history?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by kingraf Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm

hazharrison wrote:

Incidentally, has anyone seen pictures of Haye recently? Is he the most jacked heavyweight in history?

Have you seen pictures of di Mori?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:22 pm

kingraf wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Have you seen pictures of di Mori?

He's a bodybuilder. Maybe they could just have a pose off and save the bruises?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:24 pm

I haven't seen recent pics.

Personally I wouldn't blame Fury for not fighting him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:26 pm

AdamT wrote:I haven't seen recent pics.

Personally I wouldn't blame Fury for not fighting him.

There was a pic on Twitter last night - Haye with Shane McGuigan. He looks like The Hulk. All natural I'm sure.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Oh of course. Mr Haye would be on that there protein.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Good. Just another reason to like Tyson Fury.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:29 pm

I might put him on Christmas card list!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:32 pm

"New HW Champ Fury already ducking Haye" shocker!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Don't know if you're serious Dave, but the prima dona pulled out of fights twice. I wouldn't give him f..k all either.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Haye is irrelevant, he hasn't fought in 3 years. There is nothing to suggest my grandma can't beat him up. He's 5 years past his "retirement" age. He's scheduled to fight a bodybuilder no one has ever heard of. Haye's problem has always been that he talks more than he fights.
If he put 2-3 meaningful fights together in 12 months, then maybe he could talk about challenging for belts. But at the moment he's totally irrelevant.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Racking my brains looking at who Fury could fight next (if he gets a voluntary). Bryant Jennings anyone? American - top ten. Highly beatable.

If he has to take a mandatory: Chagaev, Glazkov or Charles Martin (never heard of him).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Haz it has to be said and I don't mind ripping the sh1t out of myself, If I watched Fury vs Wlad in slow motion, would I die?? Surely no one could survive that.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Big daddy browne could be a fun fight

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

So he has now dismissed fighting Wilder and Haye.

So that's a unification out the window and a domestic super fight worth millions as well.

David PRICE anyone?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:25 pm

He deserves at least 1 gimme defence since his second will most likely be WK. If he gets through that again then he can do what he wants - nobody holds a legitimate claim.

AJ is the big money-spinner but I don't think that's cash rich for another 12-18 months.

If AJ can depose of Wilder in that time then there'll be super money in that fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 pm

I'd like AJ to get rid of both Haye and Wilder, then that leaves Fury time to fight Wlad and a couple of gimmies.

Huge fight at Wembley 2017.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Maybe a fight vs cousin Fury?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:41 pm

They won't fight each other.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Hope he does ignore Haye, let him fight his way up to mandatory position and let the guys that have been actually slogging it out instead of yapping about it get the chance.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 pm

I think Haye will fight AJ. Massive money to be made and if he believes he is good enough, that will be his ticked to Fury or whoever the champ will be.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Financially Haye makes sense........

In fairness to Haye..Big name fighters coming out of retirement have a history of getting a crack when they want to.......

Money orientated business.......

Have no problem with all the crap about......with Haye getting a shot.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Let Haye work for it and get 3 or 4 winning fights under his belt against credible opposition before he gets a chance. Should only take him 18 months

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:17 pm

He isn't going to have to work for it is he ??

He's a marketable fighter in a who's who of boring Eastern Euro bollox..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Plus Haye can dig. all he needs are a couple of quick ko's and he is back in business.

I'd like to see him fight AJ and if he does beat AJ, then Fury should fight him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 pm

It's the messing about he did to Fury which is why he should ignore him. Fury could/should take on a couple of the yanks stateside and make a bit of cash

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:29 pm

He could do that and aim for Wilder, before Haye or Joshua get there first.

Haye is crafty. Even though he is in the media talking about AJ, and Fury, you better believe he will be aiming for Wilder.

I reckon Haye will see that as an easy way for a strap and put himself in contention for a mega fight at Wembley.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 pm

If you can get five times more for a guy.......Then it's not easy to bear grudges..

Fury changes his tune every week...

One minute it's about the money...Then it isn't......He's retiring ...Then he isn't..

He'll want to smash Haye up tomorrow !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:31 pm

Whilst I can understand his position re Haye in the last couple of days Fury has dismissed both Haye and Wilder. Personally would like to see the heavyweight champion of the world discussing who he would fight rather than who he won't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 pm

"I'll never fight Haye" probably means "Let's talk about when, where and how much"...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:39 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:"I'll never fight Haye" probably means "Let's talk about when, where and how much"...

He's full of crap..

Mention 10 million and 50,000 at Old trafford or the Etihad..............and he'll be signing tomorrow.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:14 am

you would maybe have thought by now to take anything Fury says with more than a pinch of salt Very Happy

Having said that, Fury would surely be justified in leading Haye a rather merry dance on this one? What goes around and all that...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:29 am

truss is right that money talks and never worry too much what any fighter, never mind a loose cannon like fury, says on any given day.

That said... you can understand him not wanting to fight haye after what went on before... irrespective of whether its a convenient way of sidestepping a potential threat

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:55 am

Would Haye be a threat to a motivated Fury? Even a peak Haye? Doubt it. Would be a guaranteed stinker too. Haye has comeback for a showdown with joshua late next year. Expect him to get KO'd into retirement. Fury has bigger fish to fry.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:02 am

funny thing how 1 fight changes perspectives... haye was a big favourite going into the fury fights.

Just because haye couldn't get to wlad, doesn't mean he couldn't get to fury

wlad haye fury could be  paper scissors stone

Not saying it would be, just could be... all assuming haye is something like his best

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:06 am

funny I was saying before the fight, Fury would have a better chance against Wlad, than he would of had he fought Haye at that time.

Would probably have Fury as favourite now. I guess we will have to see how Haye looks against someone credible, before we really talk about Fury or AJ at this point.

It is good for British boxing to have these guys mixing it up. Couple of huge potential fights over here and add in Deontay Wilder to the mix, if he beats Povetkin.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:06 am

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Would Haye be a threat to a motivated Fury? Even a peak Haye? Doubt it. Would be a guaranteed stinker too.

I think Haye could be a threat to Fury, yes. Just my opinion, but I think Wlad had a bad night against Fury, and Haye had a bad night against Wlad. Although at the moment Fury would probably be the favourite. Although I do agree it would be a poor fight, with Haye circling and trying to frustrate the big man into making a mistake.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:10 am

Would Haye be able to do anything off the back foot vs Fury? Seriously doubt it. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the negotiations though, watching Haye grovel for 20%.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:14 am

Would he be worried enough by fury's power to always be on the back foot? I don't know the answer, I just think that someone with haye's power and speed are likely to be viewed by most as at least, a potential threat.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:15 am

smashingstormcrow wrote:
Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Would Haye be a threat to a motivated Fury? Even a peak Haye? Doubt it. Would be a guaranteed stinker too.

I think Haye could be a threat to Fury, yes. Just my opinion, but I think Wlad had a bad night against Fury, and Haye had a bad night against Wlad. Although at the moment Fury would probably be the favourite. Although I do agree it would be a poor fight, with Haye circling and trying to frustrate the big man into making a mistake.

Cunningham should have beaten Fury.........Haye is much better and powerful than Cunningham.....

I'd pick a half decent Haye to win.......If he potshots for twelve rounds he's bound to land eventually.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:18 am

Dunno. Haye struggled with Klitschko and even Valuev in his prime, can't see him causing Fury any bother. Could imagine Fury taking his best shots well even if he did land.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:19 am

Fury is also better than Carl Thompson. Wouldn't pick one bad fight to judge a winner.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:19 am

I'd favour Fury. Haye was blowing after a few rounds with Chisora (who can't punch for toffee). Haye only just pipped Valuev, and Fury's a better fighter than the Russian.

Haye would have a puncher's chance of course (especially with his new found bulk).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:20 am

He must have hit the weights hard Shocked

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:46 am

AdamT wrote:Fury is also better than Carl Thompson. Wouldn't pick one bad fight to judge a winner.

I'm not chucking in one bad fight to pick a winner.............I'm looking at the styles..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:53 am

but if you're looking at styles surely the only measure to Haye are his Valuev and Klitschko fights, since those are the only two guys he fought with similar size to Fury?

Now in both those fights Haye didn't unload, he tried to pot shot his way to victory, relying on his superior speed to avoid the opponents punches while landing a few of his own. It worked against Valuev, but not against Klitschko who was just about able to hunt him down.

I would certainly rate Fury above Valuev speed-wise, so think Haye will find it harder to avoid his punches.

Of course Haye may decide to fight in a completely different way too...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:00 am

Haye was intimidated by Wlad........Who wouldn't be intimidated by Valuev ??

Cunningham fight should give Haye a lot of confidence..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:09 am

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]
smashingstormcrow wrote:

Cunningham should have beaten Fury.........Haye is much better and powerful than Cunningham.....

I'd pick a half decent Haye to win.......If he potshots for twelve rounds he's bound to land eventually.

Wlad is also better and more powerful than Cunningham.
He lost.

Haye struggled to get anywhere near Valuev and potshotted for twelve rounds against Wlad without landing at any point.

Before Saturday I would have picked Haye to beat Fury, not so sure now.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:14 am

Wlad is a different type of fighter than Cunningham..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:25 am

Yes.

A better one.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next