The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

+30
huw
Adam D
Rodney
EX7EY
Qoxiivi
All Time Great
Noble-Surfer
BoxingFan88
3fingers
DuransHorse
Valero's Conscience
aja424
AZZJ44
rob-glos
smashingstormcrow
Mayweathers cellmate
milkyboy
Mad for Chelsea
Mr Bounce
Rowley
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
mobilemaster8
catchweight
jimdig
TopHat24/7
AdamT
kingraf
hazharrison
34 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 4 Empty Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34959206

Interesting quote from Haye:

Haye told BBC Sport on Sunday: "Tyson Fury is the number one in the division now. Mark de Mori is ranked number 10, I need to work my way up to two, to number one contender, to get to Tyson Fury."

Di Mori isn't even ranked in the top 100!

Incidentally, has anyone seen pictures of Haye recently? Is he the most jacked heavyweight in history?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 4 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why wouldn't Fury v Wilder do well in the USA......

Fury is no faceless Rusky and Wilder will be the homeboy looking at becoming Undisputed heavyweight king...

Sorry, I must have missed

The part where an internet troll beating American bully has a great chance of being undisputed heavyweight champion by beating a depressive, bi-polar, homophobic Brit..

Don't be editing my posts.....and replacing what I wrote with words that are a closer reflection of the cr*p the TV companies would be trying to sell to the viewing public.....

OK

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 4 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:44 pm

Does anybody really believe Fury is homophobic by the way.....

Get the imprsession it's just school ground nonsense...Think he's more ignorant than homophobic..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:47 pm

I think he is a little silly, but I think he seems a decent guy. As I have mentioned before, I know blokes that have been in his company a few times in their Uni days and they both said he was a very nice fella.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:50 pm

AdamT wrote:Why would he bother for??

Haye should fight AJ.
I can see it on here now

Haye wins - "Former HW Champ beats novice"
Joshua wins - "Latest Brit star beats washed up HW has-been"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:51 pm

My Son was called white trash by someone at his UNI whilst having an argument...(Can't believe anyone as meek as my biggest boy could get into one of them!!)

Got away with it scot free...( Not sure my Son would have If he'd have responded in kind mind)

But I don't regard the perpetrator as a racist for one statement.....People say things they don't mean.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:53 pm

Nope if Fury fights Haye and loses, I will give Haye full credit.

Hell I will even give him credit if he makes it to the ring this time.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Does anybody really believe Fury is homophobic by the way.....

Get the imprsession it's just school ground nonsense...Think he's more ignorant than homophobic..
To be fair, that's the basis for much of this stuff and Fury's already called David Price and someone else "g*y lovers" in the past so either he's genuinely homophobic or just too dumb to learn from his mistakes given he was fined by the BBBC for that outburst.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:My Son was called white trash by someone at his UNI whilst having an argument...(Can't believe anyone as meek as my biggest boy could get into one of them!!)

Got away with it scot free...( Not sure my Son would have If he'd have responded in kind mind)

But I don't regard the perpetrator as a racist for one statement.....People say things they don't mean.
So what about Fury's two outbursts?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:03 pm

Fury's a hard-line Christian - hence his bigoted views on homosexuals.

Ali was a homophobic misogynist. The Sugar Rays and the Mayweathers were wife beaters. Tyson did the lot.

Probably best to stick to the boxing.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:04 pm

Never new Ray Leonard was a bad egg, other than powdering his nose now and then.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:07 pm

hazharrison wrote:Fury's a hard-line Christian - hence his bigoted views on homosexuals.

Ali was a homophobic misogynist. The Sugar Rays and the Mayweathers were wife beaters. Tyson did the lot.

Shame he didn't sing a Cliff Richard song on Saturday night

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:09 pm

Just reading about Ray Robinson. What a c..t he was to his wife and kids.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:17 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Fury's a hard-line Christian - hence his bigoted views on homosexuals.

A hard line christian...... Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

He's not part of the Illuminati..................yet....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:39 pm

Surely if you are a Christian, you must believe 'all creatures great and small, the Lord God made them all.'

Saw an hour long video last night, the one in Germany where Fury said he didn't hate anyone, so that sounds like a live and let live kind of attitude.

Can't believe these bigoted views could come from the same person. Was he taken out of context by any chance?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:41 pm

If we are going to sit and debate sport stars on their stupidity and crimes, we are in for a long night.

Lots of people are idiots, just look at the clowns we meet in every day life.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:42 pm

Not met many hard line religious people who start every other sentence with the word F**K..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:46 pm

The bible states that he who lies with another man shalt verily receive a f*cking good kicking, or words to that effect. ONETWODUNCE will know, what with him being at God's right hand.

However, I'm sure that, like many Christians, Tyson Fury treats the Bible like a party buffet, picking and choosing the bits he wishes to believe whilst dismissing the rest as b*llocks (y'know, stuff like Methuselah living to be 900 years old)

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:49 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Surely if you are a Christian, you must believe 'all creatures great and small, the Lord God made them all.'

Saw an hour long video last night, the one in Germany where Fury said he didn't hate anyone, so that sounds like a live and let live kind of attitude.

Can't believe these bigoted views could come from the same person. Was he taken out of context by any chance?

What do you reckon?:

“There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home,” he said.

“One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other one’s paedophilia.

“Who would have thought in the 50s and 60s that those first two would be legalised?” he added.

“When I say paedophiles can be made legal, that sounds like crazy talk doesn’t it?

“But back in the 50s and early 60s, for them first two to be made legal would have been looked on as a crazy man again.”

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:The bible states that he who lies with another man shalt verily receive a f*cking good kicking, or words to that effect. ONETWODUNCE will know,  what with him being at God's right hand.

However, I'm sure that, like many Christians, Tyson Fury treats the Bible like a party buffet, picking and choosing the bits he wishes to believe whilst dismissing the rest as b*llocks (y'know, stuff like Methuselah living to be 900 years old)

Turn the other cheek vs an eye for an eye!!

Give me your f....g eye you cu.t you!!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:01 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/12027140/Tyson-Furys-hatred-is-a-lot-more-dangerous-than-his-boxing.html

Ah, right, I get it now.

Fury threatened to get his brother to break Oliver Holt's (a guy who claims Mike Tyson is his sporting hero yet criticised Fury for his remarks) jaw.

The football journalists have obviously banded together. Deary me....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:34 pm

Nothing acceptable about fury's comments, but smug Cnut Oliver holt might be improved with a broken jaw

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:41 pm

AdamT wrote:Never new Ray Leonard was a bad egg, other than powdering his nose now and then.

The judge at the time said he beat his wife, but if you look at it again 20 years later you realise that actually she gave him a quiet beating

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:45 pm

milkyboy wrote:
AdamT wrote:Never new Ray Leonard was a bad egg, other than powdering his nose now and then.

The judge at the time said he beat his wife, but if you look at it again 20 years later you realise that actually she gave him a quiet beating

The judge also said she should have switched to southpaw earlier..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 5:31 pm

Did he use the bolo punch?

I heard Floyd just used the shoulder roll and threw a couple of soft right hand leads. Hardly enough to get prosecuted. Surely a dead arm or headlock would of did more damage.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:07 pm

This isn't meant as a criticism of Fury but even as champion I doubt he'll be able to laud it over Haye in the slightest, at the end of the day money talks, one of them is a big name boxer in this country and the other as of yet isn't. Haye doing all this celebrity crap has probably boosted his profile more than actually boxing ever did, his fight with Wlad was big big news over here and wrongly Fury's went under the radar somewhat.

Fury is the champion and by virtue of that deserves the lion share against anyone but he's probably behind Haye and AJ when it comes to the public consciousness. I don't think for a second that Fury should consider a fight with Haye as he's too unreliable but the lure of that big paycheck may prove irresistible.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:09 pm

EX7EY wrote:I share your thoughts Adam which is why Sohonots comments annoyed me.

Debate I don't mind but flippant comments with no basis in fact rub me up the wrong way.

The Heavyweight champion of the world clearly has more to him than being 'the second coming of the ambling alp', pretty sure about that.

Haye is a blown up Cruiserweight and absolute joke of a heavyweight champ. The only decent guy he fought at heavy was Wlad and he was shut out and made to look ordinary.  Fury made Wlad look pretty ordinary on Saturday.

So anybody that thinks David Haye is walking into an easy nights work against Fury after a three year lay off is deluded.

If Fury maintains his energy and movement whilst working on landing heavier, technically better shots then he makes easy work of Haye.

Anyone that thinks a man of Furies size doesnt posses KO power needs to rethink it. Furies problem with punching power is all down to technique

Apologies for annoying you, certainly wasn't the intention. Obviously we have crossed wires here. I have nothing but respect for Fury and what he did Saturday night and totally agree with you that he was the aggressor, made Wlad look ordinary and although I only saw the 2nd half no doubt in my mind who looked like the champ. Nowhere have I slated Fury's win, I am not a fan of Wlad in the slightest and I think i have been pretty clear on my posts regarding this.

He looked good, bobbing, weaving & slipping punches but this was against a guy that threw nothing, not so difficult to do, but again full credit to Fury. And I agree with fraudleyesque proportions with regards to Wlad when Fury landed. I still don't think that Fury possess's great footwork, look back at previous fights, especially when he has been rocked or floored. The ambling alp was on the end of the 2nd coming of ali, people until this point completely slated Fury, many said he'd be ko'd inside 6 or even less, now people are all over Fury, talk about jumping on the bandwagon. I have always said that Fury's best attributes are his hand speed and his ability to switch from body to head, not seen much evidence of ko power but I take your points on board, but this has to be rectified, good basic technique is a must.

Also I have not gone on record here to say that Haye is walking into an easy payday and nor am I a particularly big fan of Haye. Like most on here I don't like the guys attitude and believe he shouldn';t just get a title shot because 'he is David Haye'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:57 pm

Never knew Ray Leonard was a wife beater. Looks too clean-cut.

As for Haye, well yes I agree he should be made to work his way up, but boxing doesn't work like that these days, couple of nomarks should do the trick.

Reckon Fury's only keeping the belts warm for Joshua mind.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:05 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Does anybody really believe Fury is homophobic by the way.....

No, he has just not conformed to the pathetic politically correct nightmare society has been moulded into...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 02 Dec 2015, 8:28 am

There's politically Correct nonsense and there's making disparaging and hateful comments that just stir up trouble

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:13 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Never knew Ray Leonard was a wife beater. Looks too clean-cut.

As for Haye, well yes I agree he should be made to work his way up, but boxing doesn't work like that these days, couple of nomarks should do the trick.

Reckon Fury's only keeping the belts warm for Joshua mind.
Still struggling with who exactly it was Fury beat to give him his title shot against Wlad. Remind us....

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:27 am

He worked his way up too mandatory, that's what Haye should have to do

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:44 am

Went the traditional British and European way. And then became mandatory. I know there are more than one belt but can't argue he didn't work his way there surely.

Don't get me wrong  Dave, I think speed could turn out to be Fury's Achilles heel and that's a good fight with Haye but if I was Fury I wouldn't give Haye the time of day. But you really believe he won't fight Haye? Why mention Haye's name in the post fight presser? They're already promoting it! Know it's their best payday bar Joshua. And probably easier challenge than Joshua.

Of course, he'll probably do his mandatory an Klit rematch first though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:13 am

Derbymanc wrote:He worked his way up too mandatory, that's what Haye should have to do
Not what I asked, I asked who he'd beaten.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:57 pm

He just beat Wlad, something Hayemaker couldn't quite manage.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:23 pm

Can't see Haye vs Fury happening. Makes much more sense for Haye to be used as cannon fodder to elevate Joshua into a better position for the real BIG HW fight - Fury vs Joshua.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm

Noone said Fury had beaten the cream of the Crop to get there though Dave, just that Haye should have to work his way up. about 20 fights should do it Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:36 pm

AdamT wrote:He just beat Wlad, something Hayemaker couldn't quite manage.

Aww Peewee made a funny...clever boy. Now have a sweetie and a lie down. You make it sound like it's something that happened on a weekly basis...without, more importantly, being able to answer the question I asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:44 pm

Must admit I don't know what Haye has done to have garnered such a loyal defender in DAVE....

Misguided loyalty perhaps....but applaudable none the less.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Must admit I don't know what Haye has done to have garnered such a loyal defender in DAVE....

Misguided loyalty perhaps....but applaudable none the less.
Simply asking that if Fury beat chaff to get a mandatory position then why does Haye, a fighter with legitimate HW credentials (irrespective of one's personal feeling about the man) have to "prove" himself. Like you say, most ex-world champs are able to waltz in a get themselves a shot without too much fuss these days but some on here seem to be setting the bar somewhat high in light of Fury's level of opposition pre-Wlad.

Given the credentials of some of the dross Wlad faced during his tenure, I think some posters are failing to look at the big picture....a genuine grudge match on British soil and the potential to top the Groves/Froch fight at Wembley which would p!ss Carl off immensely and therefore surely another good reason to get it on.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:32 pm

The first thing Haye needs to prove is he can actually come back, sign up to a fight and show up when its supposed to happen. Id he actully going to show up for this fight against this weightlifter or will he head back into retirement if he relises hes not going to be gifted a title shot on the back of it?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 03 Dec 2015, 8:36 am

I'm not saying he should never get a shot Dave just that he should get himself into that mandatory position. After messing Fury about don't think he should expect anything less, and if he's really back to give 100 percent etc etc then he needs to prove to the fans that he's taking it seriously. I don't mind if he has 3 or 4 fights against lower opposition but don't see (and this goes for anyone really) why he should be able to jump the queue when others have been fighting regularly to get there.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 03 Dec 2015, 9:02 am

Money talks. Haye's a self publicist and for his style of fighter time is against him. He'll need to fast track. I actually don't mind him queue jumping in a world where rankings are tosh and talent is sparse.... once he's proved he's for real, by that he needs to be active, prove to himself and fans that he's serious and still has something to offer.

If he looks sharp after a couple of fights in the spring then people will be clamouring for haye v fury or aj.

Whatever he says, whatever people think is fair, the idea that he's going to patiently work his way up to number 1 contender is a flight of fancy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4