The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

+30
huw
Adam D
Rodney
EX7EY
Qoxiivi
All Time Great
Noble-Surfer
BoxingFan88
3fingers
DuransHorse
Valero's Conscience
aja424
AZZJ44
rob-glos
smashingstormcrow
Mayweathers cellmate
milkyboy
Mad for Chelsea
Mr Bounce
Rowley
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
mobilemaster8
catchweight
jimdig
TopHat24/7
AdamT
kingraf
hazharrison
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34959206

Interesting quote from Haye:

Haye told BBC Sport on Sunday: "Tyson Fury is the number one in the division now. Mark de Mori is ranked number 10, I need to work my way up to two, to number one contender, to get to Tyson Fury."

Di Mori isn't even ranked in the top 100!

Incidentally, has anyone seen pictures of Haye recently? Is he the most jacked heavyweight in history?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down


Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:05 am

EX7EY wrote:I share your thoughts Adam which is why Sohonots comments annoyed me.

Debate I don't mind but flippant comments with no basis in fact rub me up the wrong way.

The Heavyweight champion of the world clearly has more to him than being 'the second coming of the ambling alp', pretty sure about that.

Haye is a blown up Cruiserweight and absolute joke of a heavyweight champ. The only decent guy he fought at heavy was Wlad and he was shut out and made to look ordinary.  Fury made Wlad look pretty ordinary on Saturday.

So anybody that thinks David Haye is walking into an easy nights work against Fury after a three year lay off is deluded.


If Fury maintains his energy and movement whilst working on landing heavier, technically better shots then he makes easy work of Haye.

Anyone that thinks a man of Furies size doesnt posses KO power needs to rethink it. Furies problem with punching power is all down to technique
Tedious as it may be, the phrase "styles makes fights" is as true now as the day it was coined. Fury was decked by Cunningham but Wlad didn't lay a glove on him. Does that mean Cunningham also beats Wlad? It's not conkers, mate. Fighter A beating Fighter B doesn't automatically mean he'll beat Fighter C. History has shown that time and again.


If Fury maintains his energy and movement whilst working on landing heavier, technically better shots then he makes easy work of Haye.
That's an awful lot of if's for a man who's never been gifted with great technique and didn't particularly showcase that at the weekend either. His unorthodox style confounded Wlad and yet now you're suggesting he dispense with that strategy and become a Wlad clone. Weird!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:08 am

I pick Fury, but I can definitely see a way for Haye to win.

Fury has good movement, but he definitely doesn't want to lunge into too many shots from Haye.

To be honest I believe Fury would break him mentally and make him run the way Wlad did. Haye wouldn't intimidate Fury one bit.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by EX7EY Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:14 am

Dave you've taken me a bit out of context mate.

Im not saying Fury 100% beats Haye. For me you can't say anything with 100% certainty until it comes to be.

FOR ME, Haye was a weak Heavyweight champ and IMO he fought nobody but Wlad. I BELIEVE Fury will dispense with Haye but not jsut because he beat Wlad and Wlad beat Haye. A multitude of factors. I think Fury is under rated and Haye is vastly over rated as a heavyweight.

And in the last comment you have highlighted I was merely saying that if Fury maintains what he's already got whilst making improvements in other areas he makes EASY work of Haye. Even without improvement I still beleive he beats Haye, even a peak Haye. Haye will (should) give him more to think about than Wlad though because he throws more than jabs and right crosses.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 37
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:14 am

We all have to see what a 35 year old that's been out for three years and has had a shoulder operation ........

Has got left..

I'll be staggered If having such a pivotal operation doesn't affect him mentally..and if the operation hasn't meant restricted use..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by EX7EY Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:21 am

Let's also have it right, David Haye hasn't come back to unify the heavyweight division like he'd have everyone believe.

David Haye is making (will he really though?!?!) a comeback because he likes money and the limelight.

He will blow away a few doormen and set upa big money fight with either Josh or Fury and then scuttle back into retirement £10 million or so richer but non closer to being a true heavywight champ than he was at his first attempt. The attempt where he danced around a that troll Valuev for 12 rounds and battered over the hill fighters like Ruiz, never was beens like Audley and disrespectful waste of spaces like Chisora

No thanks David. Stay gone. I hope De Mori lands a freak shot and puts him immediately back into retirement.

The only benefit David Haye brings in all honesty is his name on a domestic level as fodder for Josh and Fury.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 37
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:21 am

If Haye comes back at his very best and turns up 100% mentally ready, it could be interesting.

To be honest I do think Fury could make it an easy nights work, if he fights to a solid gameplan. If he doesn't lunge in, I don't think Haye would stop him.

Haye is a good boxer with great power, but he isn't Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield.

It's only my opinion, but I don't think he is as good as many portray him to be on here.

I might not know a lot about boxing, but I do think if Fury survives the first 3 or 4, he would drag Haye into the later rounds and Haye would either gas, or just get on his bike looking for the Hail Mary.

I honestly think it could be easy for Fury. Just my opinion guys.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:32 am

He isn't coming back at his best.............Shoulder op... he's 35.. and he's got 3 years of ring rust..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:35 am

In some peoples eyes he doesn't need to be at his best.

In my eyes he will definitely need to be at his best, or Fury is going to gas him and stop him late.

I think Haye's best chance is to make Fury fight a bit wild, then stop him while he lunges in.

Too much gets made of Haye stopping Chisora. He was hurt as well in that fight and looked quite tired. Hard fighting someone so much heavier and looking to lean on you.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Rodney Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:41 am

Can't see Haye reigning whilst the bigger guys have the straps (and that includes Fury) Will say it again he doesn't possess the ability to parry or slip a jab to get his feet set to land his bomb against the bigger opponents. Like to see him Povetkin go at it - but more than likely fed lambs to the slaughter whilst the Joshua fight marinates for Wembley in the late summer.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 45
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:44 am

I agree about getting Haye and Joshua to collide. Haye will be fed to AJ, while setting up a nice retirement fund.

If Fury can beat Wlad and then possibly Wilder, imagine how BIG a fight with AJ would be.

Obviously both guys have to stay undefeated, but if they do and fight late next year or early 2017, then UK boxing will have a superfight.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:44 am

I'm in agreement that Haye will be looking for a big payday (he'd be a fool not to) but would like to think that, with what's out there, he'll also see the chance to grab hold of a title in the meantime. With that in mind, he'll know that he'll need to be in good shape for a long time in order to convince people he's serious and, more importantly, part with their cash. He's currently boxing's version of Daniel Sturridge.

I think Haye's already in Fury's head and he hasn't even had his comeback fight yet. Fury and his camp got more worked up over the possibility of a fight with Haye than they have at any other stage in Fury's career. They hate him and when you combine Fury's ego with Haye's mind games, they'll want to shut him up rather than hope he goes away (he hasn't done it so far has he?)

Haye now just needs to knuckle down and get this fight in January out of the way. If he looks good doing so, you can bet that the tide of public opinion will turn in his favour with people suggesting that "there's no way Fury could withstand those sorts of punches" etc etc etc Of course, if he looks garbage then the fight's dead in the water and we can all move on hopefully.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:48 am

Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:49 am

AdamT wrote:In some peoples eyes he doesn't need to be at his best.

In my eyes he will definitely need to be at his best, or Fury is going to gas him and stop him late.

I think Haye's best chance is to make Fury fight a bit wild, then stop him while he lunges in.

Too much gets made of Haye stopping Chisora. He was hurt as well in that fight and looked quite tired. Hard fighting someone so much heavier and looking to lean on you.
What are you talking about? Haye knocked him out damn near cold, something Fury couldn't do with his washed up remains. If Haye plods forward and swings for the fences like Chis did and allows Fury to lean on him then he f*cking well deserves to lose.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:54 am

To be honest it's a stupid topic and won't happen.

Haye will either have to meet AJ first (get sparked in a couple of one sided rounds) or run back to retirement crying about injuries.

If I were Haye I would follow the acting path. He seems to be good at playing a character and fooling people.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:56 am

Anyone think the Fury's should enforce VADA testing for future fights?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:57 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....
Poor/lazy comparison TRUSS. Fury doesn't like Haye cos he missed out of the biggest payday of his career however the consensus was that had they fought, Haye would have cleaned his clock for him thus depriving him of a shot at the title. Fury was happy to avoid a nailed on eliminator with Pulev for a bigger payday against and he's upset he lost out. Again, had he beaten Pulev and got his shot at Wlad earlier, there's every chance he'd have lost. Everything's worked out nicely for Fury in these past couple of years but the Haye thing still nags away at him...a bit like Froch and Calzaghe.

Should Haye get a couple of impressive looking wins you can bet the clamour for a fight Fury will be too much for him to resist. If he bins the belts like he said then he becomes no better than Bowe who was roundly ridiculed for his refusal to fight Lewis but without the caveat Bowe had that there were more lucrative fights out there for him. There's nothing bigger than Fury/Haye until Joshua comes of age.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:58 am

Yes Haz I do for sure.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 12:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....
Poor/lazy comparison TRUSS. Fury doesn't like Haye cos he missed out of the biggest payday of his career however the consensus was that had they fought, Haye would have cleaned his clock for him thus depriving him of a shot at the title. Fury was happy to avoid a nailed on eliminator with Pulev for a bigger payday against and he's upset he lost out. Again, had he beaten Pulev and got his shot at Wlad earlier, there's every chance he'd have lost. Everything's worked out nicely for Fury in these past couple of years but the Haye thing still nags away at him...a bit like Froch and Calzaghe.

Should Haye get a couple of impressive looking wins you can bet the clamour for a fight Fury will be too much for him to resist. If he bins the belts like he said then he becomes no better than Bowe who was roundly ridiculed for his refusal to fight Lewis but without the caveat Bowe had that there were more lucrative fights out there for him. There's nothing bigger than Fury/Haye until Joshua comes of age.

Fury doesn't like Haye because he trained for months on end for nothing - twice. Why would he even risk it for a third time?

The Bowe-Lewis comparison doesn't hold. Lewis was the most lucrative fight available to Bowe. His manager, Rock Newman wanted to maximise his time as champion by feeding him easy meat such as Dokes and Ferguson (and what they thought was a finished fighter in Holyfield). There was an agreement in place for the winners of Lewis-Ruddock and Bowe-Holyfield to meet (which Bowe reneged on).

That's a plainly different scenario to Haye and Fury. Haye is fighting a man ranked outside the top 100 (which is incredible when you scan through today's rankings). That (apparently) earns him a top ten rating with the WBA.

Fury vs Klitschko II or Wilder could potentially do better than a Haye fight.

I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 12:50 pm

I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

Couldn't agree more.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:01 pm

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....
Poor/lazy comparison TRUSS. Fury doesn't like Haye cos he missed out of the biggest payday of his career however the consensus was that had they fought, Haye would have cleaned his clock for him thus depriving him of a shot at the title. Fury was happy to avoid a nailed on eliminator with Pulev for a bigger payday against and he's upset he lost out. Again, had he beaten Pulev and got his shot at Wlad earlier, there's every chance he'd have lost. Everything's worked out nicely for Fury in these past couple of years but the Haye thing still nags away at him...a bit like Froch and Calzaghe.

Should Haye get a couple of impressive looking wins you can bet the clamour for a fight Fury will be too much for him to resist. If he bins the belts like he said then he becomes no better than Bowe who was roundly ridiculed for his refusal to fight Lewis but without the caveat Bowe had that there were more lucrative fights out there for him. There's nothing bigger than Fury/Haye until Joshua comes of age.

Fury doesn't like Haye because he trained for months on end for nothing - twice. Why would he even risk it for a third time?

The Bowe-Lewis comparison doesn't hold. Lewis was the most lucrative fight available to Bowe. His manager, Rock Newman wanted to maximise his time as champion by feeding him easy meat such as Dokes and Ferguson (and what they thought was a finished fighter in Holyfield). There was an agreement in place for the winners of Lewis-Ruddock and Bowe-Holyfield to meet (which Bowe reneged on).

That's a plainly different scenario to Haye and Fury. Haye is fighting a man ranked outside the top 100 (which is incredible when you scan through today's rankings). That (apparently) earns him a top ten rating with the WBA.

Fury vs Klitschko II or Wilder could potentially do better than a Haye fight.

I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

No-one in the USA is interested in Wilder let alone the UK. Many are already saying they wouldn't watch a re-hash of the Wlad match. Wlad won't be going in guns blazing and Fury is unlikely to take too many risks so soon after winning the titles. Like it or not, and you clearly don't, a Haye/Fury fight sells in the UK and sells BIG. Maybe Joshua is going to be a bigger seller but not yet. He needs a few more wins. As TRUSS said elsewhere, Haye is a former HW Champ who can jump the queue with a couple of easy fights. People will pay to watch him fight, win or lose.

The HW division stopped being about who was the very best years ago and is still about how much money can be made for the least risk. Naïve of you to believe otherwise. When it comes to the crunch, Fury will happily accept a massive payday to face Haye.

As for reasons why Fury would risk a Haye fight a third time, there are close to ten million reasons why. Also, if Haye DOES pull out, Fury still has his belts and hasn't missed an opportunity to be a World Champion. Win/Win for him.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:04 pm

AdamT wrote:I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

Couldn't agree more.
Cheers Pee Wee

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:05 pm

Yeah but Dave if Haye pulls out 8 weeks into camp, Fury loses potentially another big pay day, unless he gets someone dangerous in short notice. That is too big a risk, to prepare for "sick note" Haye, then maybe have to take on someone dangerous with a different style.

If I was Fury I'd say, beat AJ and earn your shot. He won't!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

Couldn't agree more.
Cheers Pee Wee


Wink

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Adam D Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:08 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....
Poor/lazy comparison TRUSS. Fury doesn't like Haye cos he missed out of the biggest payday of his career however the consensus was that had they fought, Haye would have cleaned his clock for him thus depriving him of a shot at the title. Fury was happy to avoid a nailed on eliminator with Pulev for a bigger payday against and he's upset he lost out. Again, had he beaten Pulev and got his shot at Wlad earlier, there's every chance he'd have lost. Everything's worked out nicely for Fury in these past couple of years but the Haye thing still nags away at him...a bit like Froch and Calzaghe.


Haye took a year out of Furys life without any repercussions. He paid for two training camps only for Haye to duck him. Twice.

Haye was massive favourite but so was Wlad. Proves nothing.

Fury was talking a similar confident game ahead of Haye so who says he wouldnt have done the same to him?

I dont believe for a second that Haye is under Tysons skin. If anything, I would suggest its the other way around. Tyson holds all the cards and will enjoy pulling the Haye strings.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 50
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:17 pm

Also would just like to add, I have nothing against Haye and for his weight, he is a good technician with great power.

Just don't like the whole jumping the queue craic. If Haye beats Joshua/Whyte, then calls out Fury? Then yes, Fury should step up. Anyway after AJ beats Whyte, he should call Haye out and send him back to "I'm a Celebrity!"

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:25 pm

So it's alright for AJ to beat a "35 year old washed former HW Champion with a history of ducking" and jump the queue for a title shot?

Okay..............

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by huw Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:26 pm

Haye left him out of pocket twice, why would he do that again.

Liked Haye as a boxer but he needs Fury far more than Fury needs him.

Fury also did what Haye didn't do in beating Wlad and was actually on point with what he said he was going to do, Haye talked in a similar manner about how he was going to dominate Wlad and instead hid.

Fury may have some dreadful viewpoints on life but as a fighter he has now achieved a right to choose not to fight someone who has been retired for a few years and fought nobody yet since coming back.

If he did fight Haye plenty of people would be giving him stick for opting to fight someone who isn't ranked and hasn't fought for 3 years.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm

Also just to add, Haye paid for two training camps as well...or were his free?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:So it's alright for AJ to beat a "35 year old washed former HW Champion with a history of ducking" and jump the queue for a title shot?

Okay..............


Yes because he is on the way up. It is Haye who is accusing Fury of ducking and he hasn't fought in a 100 years. Haye ducked the fight with Wlad, while he was in bloody in the ring with him.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by milkyboy Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Also just to add, Haye paid for two training camps as well...or were his free?

Good point Dave. Haye should hate fury for being the man he injured himself training for... Yet he's the one offering the olive branch. 

Some people eh.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by EX7EY Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:37 pm

Dave are you on a wind up on this thread or something? Im getting that vibe...

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 37
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....
Poor/lazy comparison TRUSS. Fury doesn't like Haye cos he missed out of the biggest payday of his career however the consensus was that had they fought, Haye would have cleaned his clock for him thus depriving him of a shot at the title. Fury was happy to avoid a nailed on eliminator with Pulev for a bigger payday against and he's upset he lost out. Again, had he beaten Pulev and got his shot at Wlad earlier, there's every chance he'd have lost. Everything's worked out nicely for Fury in these past couple of years but the Haye thing still nags away at him...a bit like Froch and Calzaghe.

Should Haye get a couple of impressive looking wins you can bet the clamour for a fight Fury will be too much for him to resist. If he bins the belts like he said then he becomes no better than Bowe who was roundly ridiculed for his refusal to fight Lewis but without the caveat Bowe had that there were more lucrative fights out there for him. There's nothing bigger than Fury/Haye until Joshua comes of age.

Fury doesn't like Haye because he trained for months on end for nothing - twice. Why would he even risk it for a third time?

The Bowe-Lewis comparison doesn't hold. Lewis was the most lucrative fight available to Bowe. His manager, Rock Newman wanted to maximise his time as champion by feeding him easy meat such as Dokes and Ferguson (and what they thought was a finished fighter in Holyfield). There was an agreement in place for the winners of Lewis-Ruddock and Bowe-Holyfield to meet (which Bowe reneged on).

That's a plainly different scenario to Haye and Fury. Haye is fighting a man ranked outside the top 100 (which is incredible when you scan through today's rankings). That (apparently) earns him a top ten rating with the WBA.

Fury vs Klitschko II or Wilder could potentially do better than a Haye fight.

I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

No-one in the USA is interested in Wilder let alone the UK. Many are already saying they wouldn't watch a re-hash of the Wlad match. Wlad won't be going in guns blazing and Fury is unlikely to take too many risks so soon after winning the titles. Like it or not, and you clearly don't, a Haye/Fury fight sells in the UK and sells BIG. Maybe Joshua is going to be a bigger seller but not yet. He needs a few more wins. As TRUSS said elsewhere, Haye is a former HW Champ who can jump the queue with a couple of easy fights. People will pay to watch him fight, win or lose.

The HW division stopped being about who was the very best years ago and is still about how much money can be made for the least risk. Naïve of you to believe otherwise. When it comes to the crunch, Fury will happily accept a massive payday to face Haye.

As for reasons why Fury would risk a Haye fight a third time, there are close to ten million reasons why. Also, if Haye DOES pull out, Fury still has his belts and hasn't missed an opportunity to be a World Champion. Win/Win for him.

Fury won't fight Haye - would you work for months on the off chance you wouldn't be paid (especially after you'd been burned twice before)? I know I wouldn't. And we're not talking my line of work (sitting on my 'arris typing all day).

Fury vs Wilder could do well in the States and the Klitschko return would be massive in Germany (they love boring fights over there).

Genuinely feel Haye will go the Joshua route.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:56 pm

milkyboy wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Also just to add, Haye paid for two training camps as well...or were his free?

Good point Dave. Haye should hate fury for being the man he injured himself training for... Yet he's the one offering the olive branch. 

Some people eh.
No-one saying Haye should hate Fury for him getting injured...("Oh you pesky Fury, if you hadn't agreed to fight me, I've have never had to train and wouldn't have got hurt") but Haye also missed out on the chance to make money and maybe another title shot. From the way you people talk, it appears Haye had nothing better to do but sp*nk away a load of dosh on two training camps he had no intention of completing.

EX7EY, as for being on a wind up, I'm not but some people do seem to be getting wound up. Just pointing out that a few short months ago, Fury was considered as likely a World Champion as Boris Johnson and now some people seem to be riding his d!ck for all they're worth

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:59 pm

Fury is getting his d1ck rid, because he went to Germany and actually landed a punch or two on Wlad.

I fought David Haye was Mo Farah that night against Wlad. He put in as many miles about the ring.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Scottrf Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:00 pm

DAVE667 wrote:No-one saying Haye should hate Fury for him getting injured...("Oh you pesky Fury, if you hadn't agreed to fight me, I've have never had to train and wouldn't have got hurt") but Haye also missed out on the chance to make money and maybe another title shot. From the way you people talk, it appears Haye had nothing better to do but sp*nk away a load of dosh on two training camps he had no intention of completing.
I think it's more that nobody believes his injuries because they've been a way of conveniently cancelling fights in the past.

Scottrf

Posts : 14359
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:01 pm

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....
Poor/lazy comparison TRUSS. Fury doesn't like Haye cos he missed out of the biggest payday of his career however the consensus was that had they fought, Haye would have cleaned his clock for him thus depriving him of a shot at the title. Fury was happy to avoid a nailed on eliminator with Pulev for a bigger payday against and he's upset he lost out. Again, had he beaten Pulev and got his shot at Wlad earlier, there's every chance he'd have lost. Everything's worked out nicely for Fury in these past couple of years but the Haye thing still nags away at him...a bit like Froch and Calzaghe.

Should Haye get a couple of impressive looking wins you can bet the clamour for a fight Fury will be too much for him to resist. If he bins the belts like he said then he becomes no better than Bowe who was roundly ridiculed for his refusal to fight Lewis but without the caveat Bowe had that there were more lucrative fights out there for him. There's nothing bigger than Fury/Haye until Joshua comes of age.

Fury doesn't like Haye because he trained for months on end for nothing - twice. Why would he even risk it for a third time?

The Bowe-Lewis comparison doesn't hold. Lewis was the most lucrative fight available to Bowe. His manager, Rock Newman wanted to maximise his time as champion by feeding him easy meat such as Dokes and Ferguson (and what they thought was a finished fighter in Holyfield). There was an agreement in place for the winners of Lewis-Ruddock and Bowe-Holyfield to meet (which Bowe reneged on).

That's a plainly different scenario to Haye and Fury. Haye is fighting a man ranked outside the top 100 (which is incredible when you scan through today's rankings). That (apparently) earns him a top ten rating with the WBA.

Fury vs Klitschko II or Wilder could potentially do better than a Haye fight.

I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

No-one in the USA is interested in Wilder let alone the UK. Many are already saying they wouldn't watch a re-hash of the Wlad match. Wlad won't be going in guns blazing and Fury is unlikely to take too many risks so soon after winning the titles. Like it or not, and you clearly don't, a Haye/Fury fight sells in the UK and sells BIG. Maybe Joshua is going to be a bigger seller but not yet. He needs a few more wins. As TRUSS said elsewhere, Haye is a former HW Champ who can jump the queue with a couple of easy fights. People will pay to watch him fight, win or lose.

The HW division stopped being about who was the very best years ago and is still about how much money can be made for the least risk. Naïve of you to believe otherwise. When it comes to the crunch, Fury will happily accept a massive payday to face Haye.

As for reasons why Fury would risk a Haye fight a third time, there are close to ten million reasons why. Also, if Haye DOES pull out, Fury still has his belts and hasn't missed an opportunity to be a World Champion. Win/Win for him.

Fury won't fight Haye - would you work for months on the off chance you wouldn't be paid (especially after you'd been burned twice before)? I know I wouldn't. And we're not talking my line of work (sitting on my 'arris typing all day).

Fury vs Wilder could do well in the States and the Klitschko return would be massive in Germany (they love boring fights over there).

Genuinely feel Haye will go the Joshua route.
He was happy to sit and wait for Wlad's calf "injury" to heal wasn't he? Bear in mind, Wlad also cancelled his fight with Chisora due to "rib injury" Wlad has as much form for pulling out of fights as Haye (don't even bother talking about the Setanta issue, every knows the reasons why he pulled out of that fight) More importantly, if everyone felt that way, boxing as we know it would end overnight as no-one would agree to fight anyone for fear of it being cancelled.

Fury vs Wilder could do well in the States...really?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by EX7EY Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:02 pm

DAVE, boxing is a fickle sport where hardly any body is ever a winner, ironically.

You lose, you're a bum. You beat the man, he was washed up / shot.

Fury put on a well disciplined display on Saturday against a bonafied champ whohas dominated the division for the last decade. There is nothing wrong with people holding hands up and saying they were wrong. Not quite riding his d!ck, just giving credit where it's due.

Tyson Fury has left most of us red faced, myself included as I backed against him despite thinking he did have a slim chance.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 37
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:04 pm

Why wouldn't Fury v Wilder do well in the USA......

Fury is no faceless Rusky and Wilder will be the homeboy looking at becoming Undisputed heavyweight king...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:05 pm

Of course Wilder vs Fury sells in the States.

Fury will mouth off, how he is the greatest since Ali and would kill every boxer and all them MMA clowns on the same night.

They will pay to see him lose. Also an American fighting for the undisputed belts, would sell pretty well.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by EX7EY Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:10 pm

I think Fury v Wilder would be really big in the states. Both the UK and US have the opportunity to have an undisputed Heavyweight champion of the World again. I think the HW division is going to come good over the next decade personally and this is the beginning of it.

Half the problem with the HW division is the belts have been hidden away in Germany for over a decade with the Robotnik brothers completely erradicating any interest in it at all.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 37
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:15 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Fury is enjoying the fact he can lord it over Haye.....

Your argument is as perverse as suggesting an employee that has just been sacked wins because his employer is still thinking about him....
Poor/lazy comparison TRUSS. Fury doesn't like Haye cos he missed out of the biggest payday of his career however the consensus was that had they fought, Haye would have cleaned his clock for him thus depriving him of a shot at the title. Fury was happy to avoid a nailed on eliminator with Pulev for a bigger payday against and he's upset he lost out. Again, had he beaten Pulev and got his shot at Wlad earlier, there's every chance he'd have lost. Everything's worked out nicely for Fury in these past couple of years but the Haye thing still nags away at him...a bit like Froch and Calzaghe.

Should Haye get a couple of impressive looking wins you can bet the clamour for a fight Fury will be too much for him to resist. If he bins the belts like he said then he becomes no better than Bowe who was roundly ridiculed for his refusal to fight Lewis but without the caveat Bowe had that there were more lucrative fights out there for him. There's nothing bigger than Fury/Haye until Joshua comes of age.

Fury doesn't like Haye because he trained for months on end for nothing - twice. Why would he even risk it for a third time?

The Bowe-Lewis comparison doesn't hold. Lewis was the most lucrative fight available to Bowe. His manager, Rock Newman wanted to maximise his time as champion by feeding him easy meat such as Dokes and Ferguson (and what they thought was a finished fighter in Holyfield). There was an agreement in place for the winners of Lewis-Ruddock and Bowe-Holyfield to meet (which Bowe reneged on).

That's a plainly different scenario to Haye and Fury. Haye is fighting a man ranked outside the top 100 (which is incredible when you scan through today's rankings). That (apparently) earns him a top ten rating with the WBA.

Fury vs Klitschko II or Wilder could potentially do better than a Haye fight.

I think Haye will face a couple of patsies before cashing in against Joshua. He'll lose that one.

No-one in the USA is interested in Wilder let alone the UK. Many are already saying they wouldn't watch a re-hash of the Wlad match. Wlad won't be going in guns blazing and Fury is unlikely to take too many risks so soon after winning the titles. Like it or not, and you clearly don't, a Haye/Fury fight sells in the UK and sells BIG. Maybe Joshua is going to be a bigger seller but not yet. He needs a few more wins. As TRUSS said elsewhere, Haye is a former HW Champ who can jump the queue with a couple of easy fights. People will pay to watch him fight, win or lose.

The HW division stopped being about who was the very best years ago and is still about how much money can be made for the least risk. Naïve of you to believe otherwise. When it comes to the crunch, Fury will happily accept a massive payday to face Haye.

As for reasons why Fury would risk a Haye fight a third time, there are close to ten million reasons why. Also, if Haye DOES pull out, Fury still has his belts and hasn't missed an opportunity to be a World Champion. Win/Win for him.

Fury won't fight Haye - would you work for months on the off chance you wouldn't be paid (especially after you'd been burned twice before)? I know I wouldn't. And we're not talking my line of work (sitting on my 'arris typing all day).

Fury vs Wilder could do well in the States and the Klitschko return would be massive in Germany (they love boring fights over there).

Genuinely feel Haye will go the Joshua route.
He was happy to sit and wait for Wlad's calf "injury" to heal wasn't he? Bear in mind, Wlad also cancelled his fight with Chisora due to "rib injury" Wlad has as much form for pulling out of fights as Haye (don't even bother talking about the Setanta issue, every knows the reasons why he pulled out of that fight) More importantly, if everyone felt that way, boxing as we know it would end overnight as no-one would agree to fight anyone for fear of it being cancelled.

Fury vs Wilder could do well in the States...really?

Why not? Wilder's doing good business fighting fat doormen - a Fury fight - the best match-up in the division currently - would do far better.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why wouldn't Fury v Wilder do well in the USA......

Fury is no faceless Rusky and Wilder will be the homeboy looking at becoming Undisputed heavyweight king...
Sorry, I must have missed the meeting where the Americans had stopped rating English HW the same way we used to view Scottish Goalkeepers in the 80's (a great period, I'm sure you'll agree) and when did Wilder stop fighting internet trolls in his back garden with the curtains closed to become such a huge attraction?

Fury could fight three times in the USA and not make as much as a fight on English/British soil against Haye. They both hate each other, there's no "grudge" to manufacture. Amazed Fast Eddie hasn't already cleared a space in his diary and started PM'ing David Haye on Twitter or whatever the f*ck it is they do on there

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:16 pm

The reason the Americans have no interest in HW boxing is that they haven't had any decent fighters for years and now in Deontay Wilder......they still don't!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:16 pm

Fury only hates Haye, because he was robbed of the chance of humiliating him and making a few million squid in the process.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why wouldn't Fury v Wilder do well in the USA......

Fury is no faceless Rusky and Wilder will be the homeboy looking at becoming Undisputed heavyweight king...

Sorry, I must have missed

The part where an American has a great chance of being undisputed heavyweight champion by beating a fun, charismatic marketable Brit..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why wouldn't Fury v Wilder do well in the USA......

Fury is no faceless Rusky and Wilder will be the homeboy looking at becoming Undisputed heavyweight king...

Sorry, I must have missed

The part where an internet troll beating American bully has a great chance of being undisputed heavyweight champion by beating a depressive, bi-polar, homophobic Brit..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:29 pm

AdamT wrote:Fury only hates Haye, because he was robbed of the chance of humiliating him and making a few million squid in the process.
And he still has that chance...pay attention lad!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:30 pm

Why would he bother for??

Haye should fight AJ.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why wouldn't Fury v Wilder do well in the USA......

Fury is no faceless Rusky and Wilder will be the homeboy looking at becoming Undisputed heavyweight king...

Sorry, I must have missed

The part where an internet troll beating American bully has a great chance of being undisputed heavyweight champion by beating a depressive, bi-polar, homophobic Brit..

Don't be editing my posts.....and replacing what I wrote with inflammatory statements.....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by jimdig Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:42 pm

It's very likely that Haye could get "hattoned" in his come back fight. A 3 year lay off , 35 years old and reconstructive shoulder surgery should not make him a better fighter. His oponent is hand selected so that he has ever advantage (unlike Hatton), he's a small heavy, which I have no real problem with considering his lay off. But I think it's crazy talk to say that this completely unknown quantity will beat Fury.

jimdig

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury: "I'll Never Fight 'Pretender' Haye"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum