The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane

+15
TRUSSMAN66
Lumbering_Jack
BritnDub
88Chris05
Scottrf
coxy0001
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
HumanWindmill
manos de piedra
BALTIMORA
Imperial Ghosty
oxring
D4thincarnation
Boxtthis
John Bloody Wayne
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who was better against Mosley

Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Vote_lcap82%Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 31 ]

Total Votes : 38

Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Empty Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 09 May 2011, 5:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know we've already got a thread about Manny v Shane but I can't be bothered to read 5 pages of people calling each other gay to see if this has been covered so here goes.

In general people seem left a little flat by Manny's performence, with his people either blaming Shane's tactics or a mysterious cramp.

Here I'm asking purely who put on the better show against Mosely out of Pacquiao and Mayweather. I think the man they fought was equal. Against Mayweather he looked very dry in the weigh in and against Manny he looked more comfortable at the weight but was a year older.

Of course Shane rocked Floyd whereas Manny decked Mosely, but people generally still seem more impressed by Mayweather, but depending on your trust of compubox the stats don't back that up.

It has Mayweather landing 208/477 (44%) against a Mosley who was coming at him early, and there for the taking for the rest of the night.

Manny on the other hand got 224/727 (31%) against a Mosley who was running for the vast majority.

Do vote (if I succesfully put a poll in) and feel free to leave a comment explaining why.

PS If you think anything anyone says in the thread is wummish you don't actually have to reply...

Last edited by John Bloody Wayne on Mon 09 May 2011, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 09 May 2011, 6:44 pm

How can anyone seriously suggest Manny was better than Floyd against Mosely without being on the wind up...

Dear me.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 6:45 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:You get a good arguement put in front of you and you go back to the stats and face arguement. Have you ever watched the Mayweather v Mosley fight?

Yes I had Mosley winning the first 2 rounds the 2nd round by a landslide and then won the last 10 comfortably.

How could you have had it as a landslide 10-8 at best but that would've been ridiculously generous.

What do you think a landslide is? Or what I meant by it?

You said you had Mosley winning the 2nd round by a landslide. What did you mean if you didn't mean a 10-8 round?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 09 May 2011, 6:46 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:You must be the only person in the world who fought Pacquiao performed better against Mosley than Mayweather

Just twisting the statistics which show Mayweather was more accurate so therefore must have won the round, no need to watch a fight just look at the numbers.

Also who did you have winning Chavez/Taylor going into the 12th round?

So if someone throw one punch and landed it then should shut up shop because there is no way his opponent will beat 100% accuracy.

You could be a judge in Germany.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 6:48 pm

Lot closer on ESB (http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309947):

Pacquiao: 64
Mayweather: 52

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 09 May 2011, 6:48 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:You get a good arguement put in front of you and you go back to the stats and face arguement. Have you ever watched the Mayweather v Mosley fight?

Yes I had Mosley winning the first 2 rounds the 2nd round by a landslide and then won the last 10 comfortably.

How could you have had it as a landslide 10-8 at best but that would've been ridiculously generous.

You said you had Mosley winning the 2nd round by a landslide. What did you mean if you didn't mean a 10-8 round?

He won the round by a long way, it was not even close. I would not call in a 10-8 though. The first round was close but Mosley takes it for me. Second round should not be an argument with anyone, but Atom seems to think it was a draw.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 6:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:You must be the only person in the world who fought Pacquiao performed better against Mosley than Mayweather

Just twisting the statistics which show Mayweather was more accurate so therefore must have won the round, no need to watch a fight just look at the numbers.

Also who did you have winning Chavez/Taylor going into the 12th round?

So if someone throw one punch and landed it then should shut up shop because there is no way his opponent will beat 100% accuracy.

You could be a judge in Germany.

You might be crazy and deluded at times but that is quite funny. Floyd/Shane V Manny/Shane - Page 2 732107
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 09 May 2011, 6:49 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Total Punches
Jabs
Power Punches

Mayweather
208 / 477
85 / 210
123 / 267

44%
40%
46%

Mosley
92 / 452
46 / 283
46 / 169

20%
16%
27%

You are absolutely full of shît.

Total Punches Jabs Power Punches
Pacquiao 224 / 727 47 / 374 177 / 353
31% 13% 50%
Mosley 66 / 330 44 / 250 22 / 80
20% 18% 28%

Pacquiao and Mayweather stats side by side, as you can see Pacquiao's are superior.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 6:49 pm

Hardly http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309947

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 6:50 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

He won the round by a long way, it was not even close. I would not call in a 10-8 though. The first round was close but Mosley takes it for me. Second round should not be an argument with anyone, but Atom seems to think it was a draw.

Can't remeber exactly but pretty sure I had the 2nd a 10-9 round for Mosley but that was the only one I gave him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 09 May 2011, 6:51 pm

Scottrf wrote:Lot closer on ESB (http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309947):

Hardly surprising this forum must be the most pro mayweather forum on the net.

I've posted some of the views of this forum on other forums and you would want to know what some people say about this forum's views on Mayweather.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 09 May 2011, 6:51 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Again, everybody said going in to the fight that it would be a non event, and that's precisely what it was. Protest all you will, but this fight stank out the arena and is now stinking out cyberspace.

That maybe be their view but this post is about who did better against Mosley, Pacquiao or Mayweather.

The analysis of which is dependent, to some degree, on the perceived level of the opposition. Mosley had ambition going in to the Mayweather fight. He exhibited zero ambition against Manny and, as a result, the fight was exactly the non event which most people had expected.

The tactic or quality of the opponent was not apart of the question, it was a simple question. Who done better?

Well, I have far greater faith in John Bloody Wayne's intelligence than to assume he meant it to be so simplistic. John will, doubtless, correct me if I'm wrong.

In the meantime, the overwhelming opinion going into the Mosley v Pacquiao fight was that it was a disgrace, and the overwhelming opinion in the aftermath is that it was a disgrace.

PS. I'm a confirmed Manny / Floyd neutral.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Mon 09 May 2011, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 09 May 2011, 6:51 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Hardly http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309947

East side boxing is a magnet for people who like to call each other bitches and threaten others with internet violence.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 May 2011, 6:52 pm

I'll ask again D4, who did you have ahead in Chavez/Taylor going into the 12th round

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 6:53 pm

Yes I am Atom, you obviously aren't if you can't debate without insults.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 09 May 2011, 6:55 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Lot closer on ESB (http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309947):

I've posted some of the views of this forum on other forums and you would want to know what some people say about this forum's views on Mayweather.

Nothing personal, D4, but if you would let up on the rhetoric and the illogical and myopic view which you have concerning Mayweather and Pacquiao you might find that many would be less inclined to look for an excuse to put Manny down.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 May 2011, 6:55 pm

I mean your intelligence must be lacking if you failed to get the point of my remark, if you actually wish to debate something for a change go ahead but your like an old man waiting for a comment to nit pick at

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 09 May 2011, 6:56 pm

D4, genuine question... Who handled Marquez better out of Manny or Floyd. I am genuinely interested to hear your answer.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 6:57 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Again, everybody said going in to the fight that it would be a non event, and that's precisely what it was. Protest all you will, but this fight stank out the arena and is now stinking out cyberspace.

That maybe be their view but this post is about who did better against Mosley, Pacquiao or Mayweather.

The analysis of which is dependent, to some degree, on the perceived level of the opposition. Mosley had ambition going in to the Mayweather fight. He exhibited zero ambition against Manny and, as a result, the fight was exactly the non event which most people had expected.

The tactic or quality of the opponent was not apart of the question, it was a simple question. Who done better?

Well, I have far greater faith in John Bloody Wayne's intelligence than to assume he meant it to be so simplistic. John will, doubtless, correct me if I'm wrong.

In the meantime, the overwhelming opinion going into the Mosley v Pacquiao fight was that it was a disgrace, and the overwhelming opinion in the aftermath is that it was a disgrace.

That's it Windy stay out of it mate.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 6:59 pm

You seem to think noone could possibly see it differently to yourself, like you do on a number of issues. Just pointing out this is a very pro Mayweather forum.

For a change? I never get personal or argue against the poster rather than the issue like others do.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 7:00 pm

Scottrf wrote:You seem to think noone could possibly see it differently to yourself, like you do on a number of issues. Just pointing out this is a very pro Mayweather forum.

For a change? I never get personal or argue against the poster rather than the issue like others do.

You just going about correcting every mistake people make. Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 May 2011, 7:00 pm

Missed the point Scott didn't you, in which case zip it, don't comment on something you don't know the meaning of

You never actually post anything of any worth

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 09 May 2011, 7:00 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

That's it Windy stay out of it mate.

Haha !

Not a bad idea, kev. Maybe I will.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 09 May 2011, 7:01 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:D4, genuine question... Who handled Marquez better out of Manny or Floyd. I am genuinely interested to hear your answer.

Mayweather but there were several issue that made that happen

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 09 May 2011, 7:02 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

What a surprise. Because something doesn't agree with or support your ridiculously blinkered view it must be biased or wrong. How much longer does this forum have to be saturated in this ?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 7:02 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Missed the point Scott didn't you, in which case zip it, don't comment on something you don't know the meaning of

You never actually post anything of any worth
Your retort would only work if the winner of that round was a divided issue, which it wasn't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 May 2011, 7:03 pm

Like I said you missed the point.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 09 May 2011, 7:03 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:D4, genuine question... Who handled Marquez better out of Manny or Floyd. I am genuinely interested to hear your answer.

Yeah like he's a bigger guy...oh, and a better boxer, with greater ring smarts, more adaptability, and a PLAN B.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 09 May 2011, 7:03 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

I fully agree. Marquez looking horrible at 142, flabby, lacked snap etc...

But the Shane that fought Floyd (although past his best) was a damn side better than the one Manny faced. Surely you can acknowledge this?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 09 May 2011, 7:03 pm

Right, fellas, deep breaths all round.

Let's show some respect :

To the author of the article

To each other

To the forum as a whole

We should know well enough, by now, that this is an emotive subject. We've had plenty of practice in how to deal with it, so let's get it right, this time.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Mon 09 May 2011, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 7:04 pm

It's funny, other times you ask for my opinion on a subject, but when I don't agree with you I 'never post anything of worth'.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 May 2011, 7:05 pm

My opinion isn't there to be agreed with but someone with an ounce of sense would have realised that

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 09 May 2011, 7:13 pm

Some good points have been made on Mayweather's behalf, e.g. he was dominant in more rounds. (I think by Chris)

And there may have been another good point.

But I would still say Manny because of the points I have earlier made.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 09 May 2011, 7:14 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Some good points have been made on Mayweather's behalf, e.g. he was dominant in more rounds. (I think by Chris)

Just as I thought some progress was being made.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 May 2011, 7:15 pm

Who did you have winning Chavez/Taylor?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 May 2011, 7:17 pm

18 - 3 Mayweather......

Guess the "I's" have it....end of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 May 2011, 7:18 pm

Taylor was robbed....

Steele was King's referee....Just watch Tyson-Bruno...

He saw the flashing red lights behind Taylor to signal end of round..

Guy was a disgrace.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 09 May 2011, 7:27 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Some good points have been made on Mayweather's behalf, e.g. he was dominant in more rounds. (I think by Chris)

...because you dream daily of being used as a Manny Pacquiao baby gravy receptacle.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 May 2011, 7:29 pm

Good job nobody takes you seriously then d isn't it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 09 May 2011, 7:31 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479019

Probably the best boxing site on the net.

And the question there was about what fight was more exciting.

I don't think we will find a forum that will top our pro mayweather support.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 May 2011, 7:33 pm

I'm not having a pop d4 so don't take this the wrong way but can I ask you if you've ever had a girlfriend???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 May 2011, 7:36 pm

Truss if you read through this thread you'll see why I specifically brought up Chavez/Taylor

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 09 May 2011, 7:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm not having a pop d4 so don't take this the wrong way but can I ask you if you've ever had a girlfriend???

I think you may need diagrams Truss.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 09 May 2011, 7:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479019

Probably the best boxing site on the net.

And the question there was about what fight was more exciting.

I don't think we will find a forum that will top our pro mayweather support.

You complained, a few posts ago, that the essence of this thread concerns who did better against Mosley. That is a two way street.

Also, it is a question of opinion as to which is the best site on the net. The other day I mentioned, in passing, an American site which has many ex pros, trainers and highly esteemed journos among its membership. I've been far too busy watching things here, today, and have been unable to have a look at what they are saying. As pros and fight insiders I suspect that their analysis will be stone cold and unforgiving.

Depending upon progress here, I might pop over there a little later and see what the inside view is.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 09 May 2011, 7:42 pm

Is this a rhetorical question?

Mayweather put on a clinic against Mosley, Pacquiao fought an older more negative version and looked lacklustre, inaccurate, flat-footed and tactically naive. Floyd threw much less but landed a much higher percentage - he threw 250 punches LESS than manny, but manny only landed 16 more punches altogether. That in itself tells the story. But even without knowing the stats anyone with eyes can see that mayweather boxed better and smarter.

However I don't really go along with being too harsh on manny. He didn't look great, but Shane was very poor also. Even the best fighters are entitled to an off night and this applies to manny also. I don't think Shane was a good choice of opponent and I think the criticism manny has received might be a bit of karma or whatever, but he's still the no1 fighter in the world. It's all very well saying mayweather performed better against Mosley which he did, but that was a year ago and mayweather has done nothing positive in boxing since. Manny keeps active and the more you fight the more you increase your chances of putting in a below par performance, but at least he's actually lacing them up and putting himself out there, mayweathers done plenty of talking in the last year and not much else.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 May 2011, 7:50 pm

21-3 Mayweather is quite revealing and a very convincing majority.

I think d4 could make a case for Custer winning big horn..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 09 May 2011, 7:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:21-3 Mayweather is quite revealing and a very convincing majority.

I think d4 could make a case for Custer winning big horn..

Don't be silly, Truss. Manny has the biggest horn.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 09 May 2011, 8:02 pm

Well I knew I was chucking a shark into a pirrahna tank in this one so no surprises with the content. There are some good points being made behind...everything else, but that's 606!

I wrote this as a kind of devil's advocate/catylyst for discussion, but there's one thing that keeps getting repeated that I disagree with, the subject of the Mosley that fought Pcaquiao supposedly being worse.

First off, he looked far better in the weigh in, as I alluded to earlier. He looked dry right before the Mayweather fight too. He switched off against Mayweather after Mayweather adapted to his tactic of left to the body (to bring Mayweather's guard down) overhand right to the head, which worked briefly in the 2nd before Floyd adapted.

Against Pacquiao it seemed to be more of a matter of whoever had the greater arsenal would win, gameplan not coming into it so much. Hence why Mosley was backing up and happy to survive. He may have simply realised early he was outgunned, and there wasn't much he could do about it.

So I'm not so quick to declare Mayweather's opponent superior.

One question, how in the hell did Taylor/Chavez come into it!?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 8:10 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:One question, how in the hell did Taylor/Chavez come into it!?
Wouldn't go there. If you don't understand any of his points in the way he wanted you automatically become someone with no intelligence.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 May 2011, 8:13 pm

Is that aimed at me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 09 May 2011, 8:16 pm

Nope.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down