The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Offical Brighton & Hove Albion 2013/14 Season Thread

+15
westisbest
hampo17
Good Golly I'm Olly
TopoftheChops
dyrewolfe
cherriesfna
Fernando
Shot 21 LCFC
CFCNick
Duty281
GSC
Crimey
Steel
ncfc_Tooze
Dolphin Ziggler
19 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Offical Brighton & Hove Albion 2013/14 Season Thread  - Page 5 Empty The Offical Brighton & Hove Albion 2013/14 Season Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 28 Jun 2013, 12:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Going to be a disaster.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

The Offical Brighton & Hove Albion 2013/14 Season Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Offical Brighton & Hove Albion 2013/14 Season Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 21 Dec 2013, 7:14 pm

What a frustrating afternoon. A game we completely dominate but just can't score. We saw the return of the Barn Door Ashley Barnes we all know and hate!!!

Keeping a clean sheet against Huddersfield is always a positive. There a good side and i can see them getting a top half finish this season. James Vaughan is one of the best if not the best striker in the league. There back 4 played well, but it was incompetence on our part upfront. Mark Robbins will be delighted with a point. 

Too many chances missed mainly by Ashley Barnes, he was awful, as was Will Buckley, much prefer Craig Conway. Kemy Agustin and David Lopez were great going forward. Liam Bridcutt and Rohan Ince continued to prove there partnership will go a long way for the club. Adam El-Abd was my MOTM, really hope he can keep Greer out of the team.

So 8th in the league, 2 points of play offs. Offered me that at the start of the season for Christmas Day, i would of bitten your hand off. Think were doing better than we were doing last year as well, and we have had about 9 key players injured!!!!

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

The Offical Brighton & Hove Albion 2013/14 Season Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Offical Brighton & Hove Albion 2013/14 Season Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:47 pm

Charlton away on Boxing Day. There pitch is horrific, so ill take a point.

Team ill go for

GK Kuzchak
RB Bruno
LB Ward
CB Upson
CB El-Abd
RCM Ince
CM Bridcutt
LCM Crofts
ARM Spanish Dave
ALM Kazenga Lua Lua
ST Ulloa

Subs
Sexy Pete
Dunk
Calderon
Agustin
Andrews
Buckley
Barnes

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 26 Dec 2013, 7:49 pm

3-2 defeat against a woeful team. Christ.

Wasn't at the game today, went to a non league Sussex derby between Bognor and Lewes.

Sounds like we were the better team today hit the post twice and had 2 cleared of the line. But we defended like idiots and gave Charlton 3 goals as a late Christmas present. 

Great to see Leo Ulloa back and he got 2 goals. Wow we have missed him. Orlandi back on the bench happy news there. 

Something for Oscar to think about. Last 12 games, Ince hasn't played in 2 games, Barnsley and Charlton. Spot the pattern. Needs to be starting. 

Blackpool on Sunday, can't see anything there, looking like a miserable Christmas for BHAFC.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Dec 2013, 10:13 pm

Will you be able to hold onto Ulloa in January though? I suspect one Premier League manager would quite like him...(no prizes for guessing who! Also would imagine Allardyce could have a look given the Hammers problems up top)

In fact his injury might have been a blessing in disguise. Might have taken him off the radar a little bit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 26 Dec 2013, 10:28 pm

Funny you should say that about his Injury Olly, there was an article in the Argus about our good form without Ulloa and how his injury could keep sides from wanting him (same with Bridcutt)

Like i said on the podcast. At the end of January i just want to keep the players we have now, maybe add Craig Conway on loan until the end of the season. But the main aim is to just get the remaining players back from injury and to keep hold of our stars in Bridcutt, Ulloa and Ince. 

Gus is more than welcome to take Buckley though, he has been awful all season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 29 Dec 2013, 5:04 pm

Cracking win!!!

Wasn't at the game so cant' comment in great detail

But sounds like we should of won by a lot.

Kuzchak rarely tested. Calderon with the goal! Blessing in disguise that Bruno was injured really. 

START INCE AND WE WIN!!!!!

Tough game on New Years Day at home to Bournemouth. SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:56 pm

16 things Brighton fans learnt after our win yesterday

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jems2/16-things-brighton-fans-learnt-after-beating-black-f8gc

1 point more than we had this stage last season  Cool

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:47 pm

I heard Bridcutts going Sunderland
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:53 pm

Judging by his reaction after the Charlton game, he will be on his way.

Shame, but Rohan Ince did more than a fine job in his absence, so he can fill the role, he also has potential to become a better player than Bridcutt.

But for now Bridcutt is pure class, you won't name a better DM in the Championship.

Ulloa he's the main player we need to keep. If he goes, we've had it.

Also if Bridcutt goes, there might be some funds to get a couple of players in. Craig Conway hopefully being one of them.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm

Well if you show me a more one sided 1-1 draw this season ill be beyond amazed. 

Great performance but the only thing missing a sack full of goals and of course 3 points!!!

First half was all Brighton. Andrew Crofts long range ping hitting the post and Leo Ulloa managing to somehow miss from 6 yards the best chances. Pure domination. Then the big moment. Bournemouth lad runs into the area with the ball, superbly tackled by Calderon and a corner given. Well no, the referee thought there was a foul. No appeals from any Bournemouth players, just one Muppet in charge of the game thought it was a foul. In excusable that decision, idiots like this are wrecking football. Penalty well taken none the less.

2nd half was a bit bland at times. Still Lua Lua hit the bar and Lee Camp pulled of some incredible saves. Best keeper i have ever seen at the AMEX. He was superb. Then a massive scramble and eventually the ball finds its way in, top header by Stephen Ward. Then after in added time we had 3 chances to win the game. Barnes hits the bar, Bridcutt shoots straight at the keeper and Agustin has a shot cleared of the line.

Good point, but we 100% deserved all 3 and should be in the play offs, after Ipswich and Leeds bottled there games. Onto the magic of the cup now. Reading at home, would love a win unlike the capital one cup, i actually would like a run in this and will care if we lose!!!

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:02 am

We have hit the woodwork 7 times in 3 games. Sums up our luck this season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 04 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm

Outstanding performance today! Love the FA Cup and to beat a big Championship side like Reading at home with ease was brilliant. The only dissapointment was that we didn't win by a lot more!!! Nigel Adkins runner up again, happy days. 

Clear to everyone that Oscar was giving young and fringe players a go. Adam Chickson, Solly March and Jake Forster Caskey given starts. As well as Brezovan, Andrews and Agustin. 8 Changes in total, so was always going to be a tough game. 

1st half was brilliant. Reading rarely had a chance. Brighton in full control. Keith Andrews, Solly March and Ashley Barnes all hitting the bar. 10 times in 4 games. What do we have to do for some luck! Well after that there was some minor luck in our goal, fantastic lay off by Barnes and Crofts rammed home which did take a minor deflection. 

2nd half, Lua Lua, Agustin and Barnes all causing some brilliant saves from the Reading Keeper. But all of our domination was going to go to waste right at the end, Le Fondre some how blasting the ball over from 6 yards. 

Happy days, into round 4. Roll on the draw. League one/league two club at home. Or a big Prem side away. PLEASE don't let it be Palace, can't bare more humiliation. 

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm

George Barker moved to Swindon.

All the best to the lad, never could hack it at Championship level, but good attitude and always put in 110%.

I remember Swindon fans, describing Gordon Greer's move to us as a sideways move. There now taking all of our rejects  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:46 pm

Nick what you think of Bridcutt situation?

I'd love us to swoop in and take him, don't reckon your board will sell up to Sunderland...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 07 Jan 2014, 11:08 pm

Well he is off, no doubt about it, like i have said i am buzzing to see him in the prem, top player and a great lad. 100% the best Center midfielder in the Championship last season.

Id rather he joined Norwich, christ him and Bennett together, Norwich would probably become my 2nd team!! Sunderland though seems to be where he wants to go, to link up with Gus, but as you say Olly, we really don't want to do business with Sunderland, so you never know who he might go to.

Personally anything over 3 million and im happy. He doesn't seem to fit Oscar's style of play, Rohan Ince and Keith Andrews seem to do a better job in that holding role this season, as Oscar likes to attack that bit more. 

Cash in on him. Get Craig Conway and either an attacking midfielder or a striker who generally will bring goals to the table, but that is difficult to find.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 08 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

Signed Johnny Obkia on loan from Tottenham for a month.

Player i have always liked. Not sure what he will bring to the table that Lita didn't though.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 09 Jan 2014, 5:20 pm

Well Burnley seemed to have match the 750K we wanted for Ashley Barnes, but Leeds have also become interested and could make a bigger bid.

Sad news.  Hopefully we can add another striker in, and i want a big name.

Joe Mason of Cardiff, doesn't excite me.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 09 Jan 2014, 5:47 pm

Martyn Waghorn would be a good signing for you. Cant seem to get a game for us although to be fair he has Vardy, Nugent, Wood and Schlupp to contend with (as well as Kevin Phillips if we sign him). He isnt a massive name but I think he would do a good job for you.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 09 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm

I just want someone capable of putting it in the net. Charlie Austin would turn into Benjani in a Forest shirt
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 09 Jan 2014, 5:50 pm

Didnt Waghorn sign for Millwall permanantly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 09 Jan 2014, 5:53 pm

Not as far as Im aware. He came back to us a couple of weeks ago when his loan spell ended and was on the bench against Stoke. Unless he has moved sometime today but there is nothing on the BBC website.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 09 Jan 2014, 6:20 pm

Again Waghorn isn't a big enough name. Tbh i was buzzing with Lita, we just never played him.

Kevin Doyle would be my pick.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 10 Jan 2014, 2:13 pm

Ashley Barnes gone to Burnley for 750K. Was probably leaving at the end of the season anyway, so better getting some dosh for him rather than losing him for nothing. Good luck to him trying to get in ahead of Danny Ings and Sam Vokes. 

Rohan Ince signs a contract extension. Fantastic news, he has been outstanding this season and looks a real prospect for the future.

Joe Mason has been linked. I want a bigger name. 

Team for tomorrow against Birmingham ill go for

GK Polish Tom
RB Bruno
LB Ward
CB Upson
CB El-Abd
RCM Crofts
CM Ince
LCM Agustin
ARM Spanish Dave
ST Ulloa
ALM Lua Lua

Subs
Sexy Pete
Greer
Calderon
Andrews
Orlandi
March
Obika

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 11 Jan 2014, 7:13 pm

Yahoo  Yahoo  Yahoo  Yahoo 

Great win. Pure domination but again we just can't bluddy take our chances!!! 

1st half im not sure Birmingham had a shot. Darren Randolph the Birmingham keeper must of pulled of about 4 world class saves. Lua Lua having 2 thunderbolts saved and Crofts and Ward also going close.

2nd half i was beginning to think it would be another one of those days, but a moment of magic started and then finished by Spanish Dave sent the AMEX into raptures. Cracking goal. Chances would continue go begging and it all nearly counted for nothing and Chris Burke almost robbed a point for Birmingham. 

Andrew Crofts was my MOTM today but sadly he left the AMEX on crutches, very worrying indeed. What with Bridcutt on his way, this could really balls our midfield up. Poor old Oscar!

So great win and doesn't the Championship look a bit more presentable now!!! 4 away games on the trot now. Wow this is going to be tough. Derby away next week, buzzing for an away day been too long!!! SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm

Win came at a price yesterday. Andrew Crofts ruled out for the season. Major blow, he has been outstanding this season. His challenging has been excellent, his goals have been a big bonus, but his general all round play has been brilliant. Big loss, with Bridcutt on his way that leaves the center mids as

Andrews
Ince
Agustin
Forster Caskey
Orlandi and Spanish Dave can also play in the middle but are mainly used out wide. Could be wise to dip into the market for another player.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:55 pm

Why is your dump club targetting Grabban at Bournemouth? You'd be better off with Emile Heskey  Whistle 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 14 Jan 2014, 10:20 pm

Replacement for Barnes. Can't be any worse than Barnes.

However id love us to sell Bridcutt and get Connor Wickham as part of the deal.

Then try get someone like Frimpong on loan. 

For the record we've signed some young lad from Preston called Jeffrey Monakana. 19 and has played over 40 games in League One. Will be added to the development squad.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm

Lewis Grabban lolz.

Probs gonna pay more for him than you got for Barnes lolz.

Lolz lolz lolz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm

That's probably true. In fact I think Bournemouth originally paid Rotherham around the £750k area for Money Grabban, and since then he's become a regular Championship goal scorer.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm

In fact since Fleetwood got £1m+ from Leicester for Jamie Vardy, a player who had only ever scored goals in non league, the days of signing cheap lower league goalscorers are probably over!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm

Peterborough seemed to always snap up players on the cheap and then sell them on for shi*t loads. CMS, Aaron Mclean and Dwight Gayle to name a few. Also payed big money for Tyrone Barnet and Assombolonga both again both proved the goods.

According to many Bournemouth fans, Grabban has been there best striker this season, and perhaps there best player.

Can't be any worse than Barnes. 

Not really sure the funny side in this signing tbh, but i would of rathered Connor Wickham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:21 pm

Marky wrote:In fact since Fleetwood got £1m+ from Leicester for Jamie Vardy, a player who had only ever scored goals in non league, the days of signing cheap lower league goalscorers are probably over!

Vardy had a tough adjustment period last season, but I can safely say now that he is worth the money we paid for him.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:21 pm

Vardy and Nugent is a fantastic pairing, will tear most sides apart in this league.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 16 Jan 2014, 11:47 pm

Very sad day for Brighton.

After being with the club since he was 11. Adam El-Abd has left and signed for Bristol City on a 3 year deal. Fantastic servant to the club. Always always, put in 100% and he was a joy to watch.

The reality of it all, is he has been our 3rd choice center back, however when he got his chance when Greer was injured, i personally thought he did a better job. But he got dropped to the bench on Saturday and evidently wants to play football. 

Wish him all the best. Him and his wife Jade are brilliant. For instance he always supports my mates 24 hour football charity game, but donating money and coming down and supporting myself and the other lads playing. Top bloke. 

Bristol City have pulled of a brilliant signing. Full credit to Steve Cottteril.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 18 Jan 2014, 4:26 pm

LOL you got rejected by Grabban signed a new contract at Bournemouth

That's embarrassing dude.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:14 pm

Fernando wrote:LOL you got rejected by Grabban signed a new contract at Bournemouth

Majestic lolz.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 19 Jan 2014, 1:48 pm

Fernando wrote:LOL you got rejected by Grabban signed a new contract at Bournemouth

Got a good mate, who works at Bournemouth FC, told me that Grabban wanted a better contract at Bournemouth but they weren't interested, so he started to talk to Brighton (who would obviously offer a better contract) so Bourenmouth panicked and matched it. No problem, fair enough.

We need a striker though, ill take just about anyone.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 19 Jan 2014, 1:57 pm

I know a guy who works at Bournemouth and he said after looking around Brighton Grabban took a pay cut to stay
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 19 Jan 2014, 2:12 pm

Well as always away days, are more about the day out and getting battered!! So in that aspect it was another brilliant day. 

The 90 minutes of football on the other hand was a disgrace. Both sides were awful, just a bit of magic from Patrick Bamford won Derby the game. Apart from that, both sides deserved a 0-0 draw because it was a dire game.

1st half i think we had the best chance of the game, Matty Upson having a header from a corner superbly saved by Lee Grant. Apart from that nothing.

2nd half more of the same boring stuff. Nothing. For entertainment wise, 20 minutes of singing you live in a sh*t hole. Then the moment of magic.

Need to really play 2 upfront, feel sorry for Ulloa battles hard, holds it up, but there's no one bluddy there!

Port Vale away next weekend, still debating whether to go or not. Probably lose. Micky Adams loves a cup match.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 19 Jan 2014, 2:13 pm

GSC wrote:I know a guy who works at Bournemouth and he said after looking around Brighton Grabban took a pay cut to stay

Hmm don't think that's true. Really couldn't care less anyway lol

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:16 am

Could be worse. You could be a Bolton fan.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 Jan 2014, 3:37 pm

Indeed or Birmingham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:00 pm

Bluddy Watford away has sold out. Southern sides need to give us better allocation, QPR and now Watford i have missed getting a ticket because they sell out so blud*y quick!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm

Vicarage Road and Loftus Park are tiny though
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm

Hmmm Loftus, sounded like QPR were idiots. Could of given us the lower tier, like they gave Sheffield Wednesday when they visited, but chose not to.

Watford on the other hand is kind of fair enough, since we have the share the stand with them behind the goal, as one side of the pitch has no stand what so ever. 

Bournemouth were being stingy as well. But i think that was more the Police having a say, as there has been trouble there before. 

For Millwall ill have to be quick and not faff around i guess. Love the den.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 20 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Port Vale away next weekend, still debating whether to go or not. Probably lose. Micky Adams loves a cup match.

It could be Brighton at home to the Dog and Duck 6th XI's reserves and you'd find a reason to say Brighton will probably lose Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:22 pm

Good 3-1 win at Port Vale yesterday. Really tough pitch and conditions. A weak team out and the boys did the business.

Rohan Ince, Solly March and Johnny Obika getting there 1st goals for the club, hopefully first of many.

Please can we have a big team away now. Whats the bet, we get Hull, Wigan or Sheffield Wednesday away.

Burnley away Tuesday night, no points there for sure. 

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:28 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Good 3-1 win at Port Vale yesterday. Really tough pitch and conditions. A weak team out and the boys did the business.

Rohan Ince, Solly March and Johnny Obika getting there 1st goals for the club, hopefully first of many.

Please can we have a big team away now. Whats the bet, we get Hull, Wigan or Sheffield Wednesday away.

Burnley away Tuesday night, no points there for sure. 

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I hope you lose to be honest. 6th place is between Reading, Brighton, Ipswich, Wigan and Blackburn and possibly boro and leeds. It's going to be tight for 6th place

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:19 pm

Indeed. I would say were better than Blackburn.

But the other sides have a much stronger squad and a better budget than us. 

If we don't bring in some new faces in the next week or so, were screwed.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:54 am

Do us a favour and win tomorrow. Cheers.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next