The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodgate or Wharburton...er...gate. Which has caused a bigger fuss?

4 posters

Go down

Bodgate or Wharburton...er...gate. Which has caused a bigger fuss? Empty Bodgate or Wharburton...er...gate. Which has caused a bigger fuss?

Post by mankiaow Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:27 am

With us Irish being particularly miffed at the dropping of BOD (by a coach of Wales), how does the furore compare with the sending off of the Welsh hero Sam Wharburton in the last RWC (by an Irish ref, or French depending on who is moaning about him)?

Keeping in mind that time heals all(most) wounds!

mankiaow

Back to top Go down

Bodgate or Wharburton...er...gate. Which has caused a bigger fuss? Empty Re: Bodgate or Wharburton...er...gate. Which has caused a bigger fuss?

Post by Scarpia Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:10 am

It's Warburton actually. Although the incidents are not really comparable (one was a heat of the moment action by the player and a heat of the moment decision by the ref whereas the other is a considered decision) the feelings are probably very similar. I was devastated when Sam was carded. To see Wales in a World Cup Final would have been wonderful and playing with 14 men effectively put an end to that, although we still could have won the game. This is slightly different. BOD is not starting and I honestly believe his absence does not have such a big impact on the outcome of this match. I thought his being speartackled by NZ had more effect. I do feel sorry for BOD. He has been a great servant to the game and it would have been good for him to play a final Lions test. But WG decided he wasn't the right man for this game.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Bodgate or Wharburton...er...gate. Which has caused a bigger fuss? Empty Re: Bodgate or Wharburton...er...gate. Which has caused a bigger fuss?

Post by SecretFly Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

Laugh Even in which is the 'Biggest' shock competition, the Welsh think they have it.

What an ultra competitive bunch.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:21 am

Equally which BoD controversy has caused more fuss? Will people still be talking about Gatland's disgraceful dumping of Odriscoll in 10 years time? Will it be be one rugby folklore? I suspect, only if the Lions lose.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Sat 06 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:Laugh Even in which is the 'Biggest' shock competition, the Welsh think they have it.

What an ultra competitive bunch.

"It's Warburton actually" was a spelling correction not the answer to the question.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down