The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbo Direct Newbies to watch 2013/14

+21
LeinsterFan4life
munkian
21st Century Schizoid Man
rodders
RuggerRadge2611
Impossible Standards
RDW
George Carlin
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
IanBru
profitius
InjuredYetAgain
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
Bathite
bsando
neilthom7
Seagultaf
wales606
Notch
GavinDragon
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rabbo Direct Newbies to watch 2013/14 - Page 3 Empty Rabbo Direct Newbies to watch 2013/14

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know there has been a thread set up by Geordie Falcon, this is to hone in on the Rabbo for the coming season, who should we be looking out for at your province/region/club?

For the Dragons I would say

Hallam Amos - made his debut at 17 and I think will feature a fair bit this season following on from a good JWC this summer, cuts very good angles

Ieuan Jones - Big ball carrying number 8 who burst on to the scene last year, fully hope he steps up and puts some pressure on one Faletau in the coming season.

Jack Dixon - Another who debuted at a young age, a big lad for his age but will be interesting to see if he has the skill set to go along with his physicality.

Elliot Dee - another Welsh u20 who showed up well last season and had a good season with Bedwas, probably 4th choice hooker at present behing Rhys Thomas Sam Parrry and Gustafason s may be limited to LV games

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Rabbo Direct Newbies to watch 2013/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rabbo Direct Newbies to watch 2013/14

Post by Notch Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm

dragon4life wrote:Craig clarke is an excellent signing for connacht

Outstanding.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Rabbo Direct Newbies to watch 2013/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rabbo Direct Newbies to watch 2013/14

Post by George Carlin Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:44 am

Notch wrote:
dragon4life wrote:Craig clarke is an excellent signing for connacht

Outstanding.
It's a completely amazing signing, really.

What do Munster fans think about Keatley, who presumably will be the incumbent 10. I generally recall him as combatant but solid rather than spectacular. Is that unfair? JJ certainly has a razzle dazzle that he doesn't, from what I've seen of them both.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:22 pm

Keatley blows hot and cold. Can be good one week and bad the next. He does get the Munster backline moving better than ROG and is a better defender but more inconsistent.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:25 pm

It will be interesting how Keatley gets on now that he has a straight run at the position. 5-6 games and we should have a good idea of how he will go.

Also interested in how madigan will get on being the primary 10 at Leinster. He is a small player and doesn't shy from making the tackle. That will lead to a lot of wear and tear over a season as the primary 10.

Felix was damaged goods when he moved to Munster, it was clear that he wasn't keeping healthy and just seemed injury prone (through strain or misfortune). But Conway moving is a whole different scenario. Zebo and Conway in a Rabo back 3 should make Munster entertaining to watch.

I'm hoping for some good stories to come out of the West this year. McSharry, TOH and Henshaw should all be kicking on this season to start pressing for Irish squad places. Hopefully the change in coach over there doesn't set them back.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3