The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actors that should have made it but didn't !!!

+17
compelling and rich
Dass
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
Il Gialloblu
Enforcer
Adam D
westisbest
Rowley
Shot 21 LCFC
bhb001
Galted
MetalMotty
ONETWOFOREVER
kingraf
Bull
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Go down

Actors that should have made it but didn't !!! Empty Actors that should have made it but didn't !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 pm

When I was a randy teenager had a thing for ROXANNE HART.......She could act...and was very sexy.........Also appeared in quality vehicles like PULSE and HIGHLANDER..........

Thought she'd go on to big things but alas she seemed to slip down the market...........

JAMES REMAR had the coolest role in the Warriors..........Ajax........Was the baddie  in 48hrs and Just about to come to prominence in the HICKS role in ALIENS when he got fired after the first few scenes and MICHAEL BIEHN took the role and became a bigger mainstream star......(is footage with Remar in the movie)

Remar could act................Instead he's been a fringe actor ever since !!!!!!!!!

Both should have had better careers..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Actors that should have made it but didn't !!! Empty Re: Actors that should have made it but didn't !!!

Post by Bull Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Joey Tribbiani - poor guy wanted to be an actor cause Al-Pacino and his your out of order speech, went through a lot the guy, from being Al Pacino's butt to Dr.Drake Ramoray on days of our lives.
not to forget the awful show that was MAC and C.H.E.E.S.E

Bull

Back to top Go down

Actors that should have made it but didn't !!! Empty Re: Actors that should have made it but didn't !!!

Post by kingraf Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Ahh.. Joey. Could have made it to if it wasnt for his stipid friends and Mildly cooked family
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Bruce Lee

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Mark Hamill
starred in the 3 star wars films then disappeared to return 20 years later in the odd tv show and a cameo in jay and silent bob movie

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:20 pm

MetalMotty wrote:Mark Hamill
starred in the 3 star wars films then disappeared to return 20 years later in the odd tv show and a cameo in jay and silent bob movie
His an excellent voice actor

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:42 pm

MetalMotty wrote:Mark Hamill

Probably defined in the role of Skywalker...but you're right thought he'd do more..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:29 am

Jon Cazale - does have the excuse that he didn't make it because he died but his CV is pretty astonishing - Godfather, Godfather II, Conversation, Deer Huner, Dog Day Afternoon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:23 am

Phil Daniels never made it as big as I thought he deserved. I saw him play Alex in a stage production of A Clockwork Orange and he was superb. But not pretty enough to be a leading character and not big enough to be truly menacing. Left playing the runt loser roles I suppose.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:01 am

Hayley Joel Osmond. Didnt he get Oscar nominated or summat like that for his role in The Sixth Sense? Did a couple more after that, but I havent seen him for ages.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:13 am

Edward Furlong is another Shot, was excellent as the kid in the second terminator film but has been stratching around for roles a bit since. Believe he has had his share of drug problems though that probably explains it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:16 am

Cuba Gooding Jr.'s career went to hell after that Oscar.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:23 am

Rowley wrote:Edward Furlong is another Shot, was excellent as the kid in the second terminator film but has been stratching around for roles a bit since. Believe he has had his share of drug problems though that probably explains it.

Yes of course. Think the only other notable film apart from T2 he was in was American History X.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 am

Ralph Macchio.
The Karate Kid movies made him.
There was My cousin Vinny.

Also The Outsiders.
Great film and great cast.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:41 am

Galted wrote:Jon Cazale - does have the excuse that he didn't make it because he died but his CV is pretty astonishing - Godfather, Godfather II, Conversation, Deer Huner, Dog Day Afternoon.

What a lame excuse..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 am

Rowley wrote:Edward Furlong is another Shot, was excellent as the kid in the second terminator film but has been stratching around for roles a bit since. Believe he has had his share of drug problems though that probably explains it.

Have a lot of sympathy for Furlong and the like........The culture back home Is success and any cost and I think the kid was shoved into an industry by grapping parents a la Cory Haim and Lohan..........No bigger exploiter than Hollywood and the kid was exploited at home and at work...

Enough to make anybody look for a crutch........

Hope it never becomes like that in your Country.......As for Ralph Macchio not surprised he didn't go on...Bloody awful.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Galted wrote:Jon Cazale - does have the excuse that he didn't make it because he died but his CV is pretty astonishing - Godfather, Godfather II, Conversation, Deer Huner, Dog Day Afternoon.

What a lame excuse..

Makes it worse that a newer generation of actors like River Phoenix & Heath Ledger have started using it as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 am

How about Christian Slater?

I like him in virtually everything and yet he really isnt a star. (anymore)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

Slater is a tough one to call.........True romance....Broken arrow...Pump up the volume...

Interesting choice........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 am

Adam D wrote:How about Christian Slater?

Not a bad shout. He isn't a star, but is definitely a name. I'm sure he will get his own TV series soon ala Kevin bacon et al

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Ray Liotta was brilliant in Goodfellas, but hasn't really done much since. Always thought he should have been a major star.

I think Christian Slater is probably a good shout, a bit like Mickey Rourke where the career starts strongly and then peters out. Admittedly Rourke has had somewhat of a resurgence in recent years.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:38 pm

The guy who played Carlton in the Fresh Prince, Alfonso Ribiero. Was probably never going to match Will Smith in Star pover, but I suspect playing a coconut well did his career more harm than good eventually
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Speaking of Christian Slater, has anyone seen Slipstream?

It's really, really weird. And also pretty rubbish.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Linda Lovelace, made one good film...

Winnie from the wonder years!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:39 pm

kingraf wrote:The guy who played Carlton in the Fresh Prince, Alfonso Ribiero.

Great dancer though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

bhb001 wrote:
Adam D wrote:How about Christian Slater?

Not a bad shout. He isn't a star, but is definitely a name. I'm sure he will get his own TV series soon ala Kevin bacon et al

Speaking of tv roles for Mr Slater, he has a new tv series coming up for ABC in the coming years scheduling alongside Steve Zahn. It's called Mind Games, premise isn't anything new but will be interesting to see how it does.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:03 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Linda Lovelace, made one good film...

Winnie from the wonder years!

Winnie decided to become a famous mathematician instead of actress.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:33 pm

No way did not know that galted, cheers

though sure i saw her rock up in an episode of Big bang theory or something similar...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Always thought Carl weathers had more acting ability than all the other beefsters of the 80s and he never kicked on post..Action Jackson

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Speaking of Christian Slater, has anyone seen Slipstream?

It's really, really weird. And also pretty rubbish.

not really selling it to me there mate

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Always thought Carl weathers had more acting ability than all the other beefsters of the 80s and he never kicked on post..Action Jackson

wasnt he in Predator as well?

Not saying he had a great career but surely that was a huge hit!

Action Jackson was brilliant by the way!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Apollo Creed too. Pity his now mainly used as a punchline in rap songs
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:05 pm

He was huge (physically) in Predator, Arnold apparently upped the ante in his workouts to be able to match up in their scenes.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Adam D wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Action Jackson was brilliant by the way!

Here it is in 13 minutes.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:07 am

karen Allen.......Appeared in Starman and Raiders of the lost ark......But didn't kick on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Paul LeMat. Was in American Graffiti and was critically acclaimed at the time for his role as John Milner, but never really hit the heights he was aiming for.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:04 am

How about Christopher Reeve?

He tried to break out to do other things but just couldn't get past the Superman thing. Shame really.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:19 am

Eli Wallach

Tuco in The Good the Bad and the Ugly

main baddie in the Magnificent 7

Great actor and starred with some real icons of film but never got hold of leading man status

Tuco is one of my fav roles

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Apologies for being late to this party but some very good shouts above.

Particularly liked the one for John Cazale. Another who was in The Godfather: Part II and deserved greater recognition is Michael V Gazzo; his portrayal of mafiosa Frankie Pentangeli was absolutely excellent.

However, for me, the stand out winner for this thread has to be the shamefully underused and almost unknown Skip Martin. Due to his dwarfism and the less politically correct times in which he lived (1928 - 1984) and worked, he featured in only a small number of films and had to resort much of the time to working as a London tobacconist. Nonetheless, his role in The Masque of the Red Death (alongside Vincent Price) provides a masterpiece of differing emotions and, imo, merited a Best Supporting Oscar. He was also first rate in Vampire Circus, a real horror oddity.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Good call on Gazzo guildford, yet another extraordinary performance in a film chock full of them. Is a great shame Lee Strasbourg did not step in front of the cameras more frequently his performance as Hyman Roth is brilliant, manages to look virtually decrepit but also absolutely terrifying when he needed to be. Part two is quite possibly my favourite film ever.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down