The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Preview

+26
BamBam
Knackeredknees
Hood83
Portnoy's Complaint
mbernz
B91212
Bathite
lostinwales
Jimpy
Poorfour
stnick88
ChequeredJersey
Cumbrian
Scrumpy
beshocked
Heaf
formerly known as Sam
BigTrevsbigmac
yappysnap
Bathman_in_London
tooboredtowork
HongKongCherry
Ozzy3213
Geordie
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
LondonTiger
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Preview - Page 2 Empty Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Preview

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Well it is here again, the new season and the Round 1 preview.

Friday 6th September 2013

Newcastle v Bath 19:45
After storming through most of the season, Newcastle seemed to struggle to impose themselves in the play-offs and almost limped into the Premiership. The big name signing for 2013/14 would seem to be Mike blair - and after seeing Fury in the play-offs, Falcons are in need of a quality 9. Te departed Jimmy Gopperth got a lot of stick from fans but his points and his leadership will be missed. Can Phil Godman do that?
Perennial under-performers Bath have been the most visible club in the off-season, both for the signings and the pub fuelled bust-ups. Gary Gold moves "upstairs" to the DoR job with Mike Ford assuming head coach duties. Will that actually change anything? Probably not.
With all their signings, Bath have to be securing a top 6 spot as a minimum and should really be aiming for Top 4 - while finishing 11th would be a success for Falcons this season. Newcastle will be looking to host as many Friday night fixtures as they can, and will need to win a good proportion of those. Later in the season the traditional NE weather may come to their aid, but this week promises to stay fair.
If Bath can overcome both the long journey and the opening ferocity we should expect from Newcastle, they should have far too much class. Big ifs though.

Newcastle Team:
15 Alex Tait, 14 Noah Cato, 13 Danny Barnes, 12 Jamie Helleur, 11 Tom Catterick, 10 Phil Godman, 9 Mike Blair, 1 Franck Montanella, 2 Matt Thompson, 3 Kieran Brookes, 4 Carlo del Fava, 5 Scott MacLeod, 6 Dom Barrow, 7 Andy Saull, 8 Ally Hogg (c)

Replacements: 16 Rob Vickers, 17 Scott Wilson, 18 Gary Strain, 19 Mark Wilson, 20 Chris York, 21 Warren Fury, 22 Joel Hodgson, 23 Adam Powell

Bath Team:
15 Anthony Watson, 14 Semesa Rokoduguni, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Kyle Eastmond, 11 Matt Banahan, 10 George Ford, 9 Peter Stringer, 1 Paul James, 2 Rob Webber, 3 David Wilson, 4 Stuart Hooper ( c ), 5 Dave Attwood, 6 Matt Garvey, 7 Mat Gilbert, 8. Leroy Houston

Replacements

16. Ross Batty, 17. Nathan Catt, 18. Anthony Perenise, 19. Dominic Day, 20. Alafoti Fa'osiliva, 21. Micky Young, 22. Gavin Henson, 23. Tom Biggs

Saturday 7th September 2013

London Irish v Saracens 14:00
The first leg of the Twickenham double-header starts with London Irish "hosting" last season's table toppers Saracens. In the off-season Irish have lost a large number of very important players and frankly replaced them with much lower quality recruits. The premiership final against Leicester feels so long ago now.
Saracens have signed a couple off massive forwards in Johnston and BillyV. While Johnston may not solve Saracens scrummaging uncertainties, if the younger Vunipola can be integrated into the team he will provide some real front foot ball. In turn this could allow Hodgson or Farrell to really stamp their mark on the game and the season and get the Sarries backs firing. Meanwhile back to the front row and Jamie George should get a chance to stake a claim for a place in the side long term.
I suspect we may well see a match similar to last season - stodgy and tentative in the first half, but with Sarries taking Irish apart in the second.

Gloucester v Sale 15:00
It seems strange to think that Gloucester appear a little lightweight in the tight five. The plethora of riches available to them in the back row and then in the backs suggests that should that tight five be able to punch above their weight we could see real fireworks this season. While a young skipper, Tom Savage looks a real leader and will be driving his men forward. With the signing of Tavis Knoyle (a favourite of Nigel Davies) and the big money signing of Jimmy Cowan last season, I do worry about how much gametime the ever improving Dan Robson will get.
Sale Sharks - what can you say. Season before last Steve Diamond manged to turn them into a team that was so much more than the sum of it's parts. Last season they were at times dreadfull. Big signings Gray and Cipriani were absolute flops and young players like Miller, Cliff and Amesbury just did not kick on.
Gloucester surely have to win this?

Northampton v Exeter 15:00
While Exeter continue to sign lesser known players and create a team ethos, Saints have done the real big name transfers in the summer. Even if they do not stay fit and firing the whole season, the presence of Corbisiero and North in the play-offs (shoudl Saints make them) would give them a sprinkling of stardust they have previously lacked. Kahn Fotuali'i could be the key signing though. While he started slowly at Ospreys (due in large part to having played for two years without a break) the fans at the Liberty will have been sorry to see him go. He is a class act - though there seem to be some suggestions he may play at 10!
While Northampton have had some nerve-tingling matches with Exeter they should win this one with a little breathing space.

London Wasps v Harlequins 16:30
The London double-header culminates with Harlequins as the "away" team. Again a repeat of last seasons fixture, fans will hope to see another cracker. For 60 minutes Wasps were sublime until their conditioning failed. Wasps appear to have made some very shrewd signings and will look to run the ball at every opportunity. they will keep the tempo high - but need better fitness levels than last season.
After finishing last season with a whimper, Quins will be desperate to show they are not a flash in the pan. The performances of Ben Botica could be key as Nick Evans is showing his age and at times was quite frail last season. Enhanced contracts for the home-grown players has limited the funds available for new signings. The loss of Johnston and Kohn certainly reduces the bulk in the Quins pack.

Sunday 8th September 2013

Leicester v Worcester 14:00
Tigers do not always start the season especially well, but against a Worcester team that has lost a number of key players and replaced them in the main with journeymen, they should be seeking a fairly comfortable win.
Leicester will  not look to overplay their Lions players, but their is strength in depth in those positions. Worries about Floods fitness are countered by the good form shown by Lamb and Williams in pre-season. Full back cover is a little light on the ground with Matty Tait not appearing yet following more surgery in the summer.

Last edited by LondonTiger on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Preview

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:03 pm

I'm looking forward to the LDH so much, quite looking forward to being neutral in the other match too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Preview

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:19 am

are you now a Junior Doc, CJ - or another year to go?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:33 am

One more year
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:20 am

Oh well bath fans on Friday night you better bring your brollies and wellies....forecast....HEAVY RAIN...Whistle 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:33 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:One more year
Shouldn't you be working 140 hour weeks in A&E or something?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:35 am

I'm in ophthalmic A and E right now. iPhones. No excuse not to be up to date, takes 2 secs to post and med school involved LOTS of waiting
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:03 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I'm in ophthalmic A and E right now. iPhones. No excuse not to be up to date, takes 2 secs to post and med school involved LOTS of waiting
My ex-wife's last year at Med School included 3 months in St Lucia. The hospital there was an eye-opener - chickens on the ward, checking oxygenation levels during surgery by seeing if the patient was turning blue. then it was all about winning medals etc. (guess she was competetive). She thought that was busy, then the first year as a Junior started Very Happy Pre- working time directive, her first shift started Friday August 1st at 8am, and ended Monday august 4th at 6 pm.

so yeah enjoy this year Smile

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:07 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:I'm in ophthalmic A and E right now. iPhones. No excuse not to be up to date, takes 2 secs to post and med school involved LOTS of waiting
My ex-wife's last year at Med School included 3 months in St Lucia. The hospital there was an eye-opener - chickens on the ward, checking oxygenation levels during surgery by seeing if the patient was turning blue. then it was all about winning medals etc. (guess she was competetive). She thought that was busy, then the first year as a Junior started :DPre- working time directive, her first shift started Friday August 1st at 8am, and ended Monday august 4th at 6 pm.

Are you sure it was St Lucia and not Gloucester? It sounds very similar to our set up... Whistle 
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:09 pm

OP updated with Falcons team - also listed here:

15 Alex Tait, 14 Noah Cato, 13 Danny Barnes, 12 Jamie Helleur, 11 Tom Catterick, 10 Phil Godman, 9 Mike Blair, 1 Franck Montanella, 2 Matt Thompson, 3 Kieran Brookes, 4 Carlo del Fava, 5 Scott MacLeod, 6 Dom Barrow, 7 Andy Saull, 8 Ally Hogg (c)

Replacements: 16 Rob Vickers, 17 Scott Wilson, 18 Gary Strain, 19 Mark Wilson, 20 Chris York, 21 Warren Fury, 22 Joel Hodgson, 23 Adam Powell

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:10 pm

And the Bath Team:

Bath Rugby team to face Newcastle Falcons

15. Anthony Watson, 14. Semesa Rokoduguni, 13. Jonathan Joseph, 12. Kyle Eastmond, 11. Matt Banahan, 10. George Ford, 9. Peter Stringer, 1. Paul James, 2. Rob Webber, 3. David Wilson, 4. Stuart Hooper ( c ), 5. Dave Attwood, 6. Matt Garvey, 7. Mat Gilbert, 8. Leroy Houston

Replacements

16. Ross Batty, 17. Nathan Catt, 18. Anthony Perenise, 19. Dominic Day, 20. Alafoti Fa'osiliva, 21. Micky Young, 22. Gavin Henson, 23. Tom Biggs

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:13 pm

Barrow at 6....?? Didnt see THAT coming!!!

Feckin Cato aswell...not a fan.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:15 pm

Two big lumps head to head on the blindside

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm

I don't like Bath actually having a decent squad, it just goes against my nature! Is Fearns injured?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:19 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:Is Fearns injured?
Perhaps, cannot see any injury information on the Barf website. No bendy and Biggs on the bench, potentially big calls. Heathcote not in the 23 either - wonder if he will rethink decision to stay? Ford will not want to remember his last visit to Kingston Park

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:21 pm

Ford will not want to remember his last visit to Kingston Park.
Absolutely...he was woeful...and it was howling, raining night blowing an absolute gale....whats the weather like tomorrow night....OH....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:38 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
My ex-wife's last year at Med School included 3 months in St Lucia. The hospital there was an eye-opener - chickens on the ward, checking oxygenation levels during surgery by seeing if the patient was turning blue. then it was all about winning medals etc. (guess she was competetive). She thought that was busy, then the first year as a Junior started :DPre- working time directive, her first shift started Friday August 1st at 8am, and ended Monday august 4th at 6 pm.

I will. Can't wait for the on-calls! Now we have working time directive, we get paid for the 40 hours per week but obviously have to work more, but it's better than my dad's day of the 72 hour on call
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:43 pm

CJ,

My ex's generation (only just realised she has been a consultant now for over 10 years - how time flies) will say you lot have it easy.

They were told that by your dads generation, who in turn were told that by the previous one.

Mind you kids generation will have it easier, once my younger daughter has designed the super dooper diagnosis scanning device we see in Star Trek

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:03 pm

I think Bath should be worried about the breakdown battle. Newcastle look to have the better backrow in my opinion. That's the one area I feel that Newcastle have the edge. It's an area I can see other sides in the AP targetting too.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:07 pm

Inclusion of a world class player like Francois Louw will dramatically change the way the Bath back row looks.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:20 pm

Season preview from the Beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23933595
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:54 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:I don't like Bath actually having a decent squad, it just goes against my nature!  Is Fearns injured?
Yes, seems to be a bit of a re-occuring theme really.

Looking forward to seeing how the team looks to play, on a wet newcastle evening, even at the begining of the season, Eastmond and Joesph may find themselves a bit out of the game.

I wonder is Barrow at 6 specifically to try and nulify Garvey's bulk?

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:37 pm

Barrow at 6 would appear to be that Bathman. Thats a move from nowhere...and Will Welch is out injured...who i suspect would have played at 6...

+'s:
Big powerful pack.
We'll match (hopefully) your physicality and breakdown work.
Defence should be very strong and indeed offensive
We're used to the weather up here and most of the guys should be accustomed to it now.

-'s
Lineout will be a disaster again
Godman at 10 Erm 
Still havent seen any consistant attacking form...work in progress.
Cato v Banahan Yikes 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:I don't like Bath actually having a decent squad, it just goes against my nature!  Is Fearns injured?
Maybe he has a hand injury Whistle 

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:53 pm

beshocked wrote:I think Bath should be worried about the breakdown battle. Newcastle look to have the better backrow in my opinion. That's the one area I feel that Newcastle have the edge. It's an area I can see other sides in the AP targetting too.
I'm not so convinced. Gilbert is a great 7, hugely under rated. The welsh region were very sad to let him go and he's gone on to surprise us all.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:55 pm

beshocked wrote:I think Bath should be worried about the breakdown battle. Newcastle look to have the better backrow in my opinion. That's the one area I feel that Newcastle have the edge. It's an area I can see other sides in the AP targetting too.
Exactly, we're missing Fearns, Louw and Sisi from this match day squad, so there's good competition for places now, at last

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:23 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Beat me to the punch...
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:28 pm

Cumbrian wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Beat me to the punch...
That's what Henson said too!

drumroll 
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:40 pm

Bathite I don't expect you to agree with me.

Certainly Saull and Hogg are better than their opposite numbers.

He is a great 7? Based on what exactly? Surprise you all at Bath with his paltry amount of games for you?

I would agree with there is plenty of competition for spots in the Bath backrow but don't see the backrow as a Bath strength as of yet.

Other than Louw the backrow options of Bath are largely unproven.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:59 pm

i really like the look of David Sisi

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:26 pm

Getting pretty excited now, didn't realsie how much I've missed the AP until the last couple of days. For what it's worth, my predictions for this weekend are-

*Newcastle by less than 7
Sarries by more than 7, TBP
Gloucester by more than 7, TBP
Saints by less than 7
Quins by less than 7
Tigers by more than 7, TBP*

(* format shamelessly copied and pasted from an earlier ChequeredJersey post, amended with my predictions)

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:33 pm

LondonTiger wrote:i really like the look of David Sisi

He's a really good player with huge potential, but does appear to be very prone to injury, which is a worry so early on in his career.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:38 pm

Unproven? Bit confused by that comment. I'd be interested to hear what other posters thought? Do others think we don't have any strength in depth in the back row?

Leroy Houston has won a S15 title and played super rugby for 3 season, not really how that makes him unproven?

Garvey had an outstanding season last year in a struggling pack. Ask any Irish fan and they'll say that he is biggest loss to them. Again, not sure how he's unproven? Playing week in week out in a struggling pack and still getting applauded for your level of performance is proving your ability, no?

Fearns is proven at prem level and been in Saxons. Sisi is a promising youngster, that still has to prove it in the prem.

Gilbert is a great little 7, based on my opinion, but also the Scarlets fans that were gutted to see him go, but you don't have to agree with me. He isn't an international, probably won't ever be, but he's a good option at prem level. He's played plenty of games for us, but not many televised games, so I guess you won't have seen him. Of course, you've never heard of him, so he must be terrible. Personally, I think Saull is an awful player and Sarries obviously do to, as they've preferred a much younger and more talented Fraser.

You could equally argue Hogg is unproven, as he's not played prem rugby in so long, but I wouldnt say so.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Thu 05 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Oh well bath fans on Friday night you better bring your brollies and wellies....forecast....HEAVY RAIN...Whistle 
Have you got a rain-maker on the books? Given recent weather this all looks a bit suspicious to me Wink 

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Thu 05 Sep 2013, 6:52 pm

Bathite wrote:

Garvey had an outstanding season last year in a struggling pack. Ask any Irish fan and they'll say that he is biggest loss to them. Again, not sure how he's unproven? Playing week in week out in a struggling pack and still getting applauded for your level of performance is proving your ability, no?

Yep, pesky poachers Sad

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:52 pm

B91212 wrote:Getting pretty excited now, didn't realsie how much I've missed the AP until the last couple of days. For what it's worth, my predictions for this weekend are-

*Newcastle by less than 7
Gloucester by more than 7, TBP
Saints by less than 7
Quins by less than 7
Tigers by more than 7, TBP*

(* format shamelessly copied and pasted from an earlier ChequeredJersey post, amended with my predictions)
No worries, I stole my format!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 8:37 am

Heaf wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Oh well bath fans on Friday night you better bring your brollies and wellies....forecast....HEAVY RAIN...Whistle 
Have you got a rain-maker on the books?  Given recent weather this all looks a bit suspicious to me Wink 
And right on cue.....the skies are black...the heavens are pouring down with torrential rain and there are floods expected....and its blowing a gale...

Until midnight tonight....mmmuuuwwwaaahahahahahahahahahahahah

Welcome back to the House of Pain George Ford Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:49 am

Even so GF, the girls will be out in Newcastle tonight in the shortest of skirts, the skimpiest of tops and fully replete with purple leg blotch.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:01 am

Sporting "the greyhound"

The skirt that's so short, it's only ever an inch away from the hair (hare)

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:45 am

Bath by less than 7
Gloucester by less than 7
Saints by less than 7
Quins by less than 7
Tigers by more than 7, TBP

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:01 am

And its so true .....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:25 am

Ah man, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve here waiting for todays team announcement and kick off tomorrow! Leprechaun
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:54 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:Ah man, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve here waiting for todays team announcement and kick off tomorrow! Leprechaun
+1!!!

It's been a long wait, but we're nearly there...
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:56 am

Guscott's Premiership prediction (from the BBC)

1. Saracens (finish top and win the Premiership final)
2. Northampton Saints
3. Leicester Tigers
4. Harlequins
5. Gloucester ?????? (the mans mad!)
6. Bath
7. Exeter Chiefs
8. London Wasps
9. Worcester Warriors
10. Newcastle Falcons
11. London Irish
12 . Sale Sharks
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm

London Irish team to face Saracens:

15. Topsy Ojo*; 14. Marland Yarde*; 13. Guy Armitage; 12. Eamonn Sheridan; 11. Sailosi Tagicakibau*; 10. Ian Humphreys; 9. Tomás O’Leary* (Captain); 1. Matt Parr; 2. David Paice*; 3. Halani Aulika*; 4. Nic Rouse; 5. Bryn Evans*; 6. Kieran Low; 7. Ofisa Treviranus*; 8. Jon Fisher

Replacements: 16. Jimmy Stevens; 17 John Yapp*; 18. Leo Halavatau; 19. Declan Danaher; 20. Chris Hala’ufia*; 21. Andrew Fenby; 22. Shane Geraghty*; 23. Darren Allinson

No Skivs is a blow for us.  Backline is as I expected.  Pack needs to really front us tomorrow.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm

Scrumpy wrote:Guscott's Premiership prediction (from the BBC)

1. Saracens (finish top and win the Premiership final)
2. Northampton Saints
3. Leicester Tigers
4. Harlequins
5. Gloucester ??????  (the mans mad!)
6. Bath
7. Exeter Chiefs
8. London Wasps
9. Worcester Warriors
10. Newcastle Falcons
11. London Irish
12 . Sale Sharks
This is a clever ploy. His predictions are so bad that they are guaranteed to be the opposite. So this is his attempt to ensure Bath finish above us! not going to happen though! boxing Wink 
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:03 pm

Glaws team:
Rob Cook; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Billy Twelvetrees, James Simpson-Daniel; Freddie Burns, Dan Robson; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Rupert Harden; Tom Savage (capt), Lua Lokotui; Sione Kalamafoni, Matt Kvesic, Ben Morgan

Replacements:

Dan George, Dan Murphy, Yann Thomas, Elliott Stooke, Akapusi Qera, Tavis Knoyle, Mike Tindall, Martyn Thomas
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:04 pm

CHIEFS TEAM TO FACE NORTHAMPTON SAINTS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Matt Jess
13 Ian Whitten
12 Jason Shoemark
11 Tom James
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Haydn Thomas
1 Brett Sturgess
2 Jack Yeandle
3 Hoani Tui
4 Dean Mumm (capt)
5 Damian Welch
6 Tom Johnson
7 James Scaysbrook
8 Dave Ewers

16 Chris Whitehead
17 Ben Moon
18 Carl Rimmer
19 Tom Hayes
20 Ben White
21 Dave Lewis
22 Henry Slade
23 Sam Hill

Fairly extensive injury list this early in the season: Arscott, Nowell, Naqelevuki, Chudley, LC-D, Mitchell, Hanks

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:11 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:Glaws team:
Rob Cook; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Billy Twelvetrees, James Simpson-Daniel; Freddie Burns, Dan Robson; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Rupert Harden; Tom Savage (capt), Lua Lokotui; Sione Kalamafoni, Matt Kvesic, Ben Morgan

Replacements:

Dan George, Dan Murphy, Yann Thomas, Elliott Stooke, Akapusi Qera, Tavis Knoyle, Mike Tindall, Martyn Thomas

Best back-row in the Premiership? It's got to be up there in my opinion.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:16 pm

I'm certainly rather happy with it Cumbrian, especially as we can call on Q from the bench for reinforcement! Kvesic will give it a better balance than we had last year. Based upon his performance against Scarlets he's starting where he left off against Argentina.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm

Saracens line-up vs London Irish
15 Chris Wyles
14 Chris Ashton
13 Joel Tomkins
12 Brad Barritt
11 David Strettle
10 Owen Farrell
9 Richard Wigglesworth
1 Rhys Gill
2 Jamie George
3 Matt Stevens
4 Steve Borthwick ©
5 Alistair Hargreaves
6 Billy Vunipola
7 Jacques Burger
8 Ernst Joubert
Replacements;
16 Scott Spurling
17 Mako Vunipola
18 Petrus du Plessis
19 George Kruis
20 Jackson Wray
21 Ben Spencer
22 Nils Mordt
23 Ben Ransom

Don't feel like the try bonus point is going to happen.

Powerful pack though. I hope they can dominate their opposite numbers.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next