The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread

+48
George Carlin
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Driver
demosthenes
awisepenguin
doctornickolas
Majestic83
sensisball
BigGee
Biltong
TheMildlyFranticLlama
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
justified sinner
Engine#4
Totalflanker
des
Jenifer McLadyboy
R!skysports
madmaccas
alive555
RuggerRadge2611
IanBru
cakeordeath
bsando
reallybored
Solid8
Notch
Captain_Sensible
Pat_Mustard
SGD prop
nickj
alexgmacdonald
InjuredYetAgain
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
GLove39
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
EWT Spoons
VinceWLB
TJ
Weegie Wizard
Tramptastic
Manky-Flanker
21st Century Schizoid Man
Dorothy_Mantooth
RDW
jimbopip
52 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread - Page 14 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread

Post by George Carlin Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

A. Edinburgh

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread - Page 14 Edinbu10

1. Pre-season

Fri 30 Aug 2013, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 15 - 5 Newcastle Falcons

Fri 23 Aug 2013, 19:30
Northampton Saints 24 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

2. 2013/2014 Season - Played

Sat 7 Sep, 19:15
Munster Rugby 34 - 23 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 13 Sep, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 16 - 13 Newport Gwent Dragons

Sat 21 Sep, 18:30
Ospreys 44 - 10 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 27 Sep, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 9 - 22 Scarlets

Sun 6 Oct, 14:05
Cardiff Blues 29 - 12 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 25 Oct, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 13 Benetton Treviso

Fri 1 Nov 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 23 Zebre

Fri 22 Nov 19:05
Ulster Rugby 41 - 17 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 29 Nov 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 43 - 10 Connacht

3. 2013/2014 Season - Next 3 Games

Fri 20 Dec 19:35
Edinburgh Rugby v Leinster

Thu 26 Dec 15:05
Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors

Wed 1 Jan 18:05
Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby

B. Glasgow

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread - Page 14 Glasgo10

1. Pre-season

Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:00
Exeter Chiefs 26 - 29 Glasgow Warriors

2. 2013/2014 Season

Fri 6 Sep, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 15 Cardiff Blues

Fri 13 Sep, 19:05
Ulster Rugby 12 - 13 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 20 Sep, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 12 - 6 Leinster Rugby

Fri 27 Sep, 19:30
Zebre 17 - 24 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 5 Oct, 18:30
Scarlets 12 - 17 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 25 Oct, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 6 - 13 Munster Rugby

Sat 2 Nov, 17:00
Connacht Rugby 12 - 19 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 22 Nov, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 8 - 23 Newport Gwent Dragons

Fri 29 Nov, 19:05
Ospreys 16 - 28 Glasgow Warriors

3. 2013/2014 Season - Next 3 Games

Fri 20 Dec, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors   v   Benetton Treviso

Thu 26 Dec 15:05
Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors

Wed 1 Jan 18:05
Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby

Bearing in mind the above - what I'd like to know for each team is:

1. How is the season likely to go?
2. What are the teams' strengths?
3. What are the teams' weaknesses?
4. What can be done to improve matters for each team?

Any jingoism, sledging or graceless kicking of anyone whilst they are up or down will see posts deleted.

Be gracious and be constructive.

Last edited by George Carlin on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:20 pm

Yes well Morrison probably has hit it spot on here. Too much partying for supposed professional sportsmen - believe there is a clique who disappear to Arta post game rather than face the fans at hospitality or in the Clubhouse as the players used to do. I reckon some Lineen style discipline is required on and off the field. If you fail to adhere you get shipped out. Nothing too complicated. As has been said elsewhere (Toulon or Racing Metro) by club owners - it is easier replacing 1 coach than 50 players.

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread

Post by RDW Sun 15 Dec 2013, 3:15 pm

One of the guys at work days he sees lots of Glasgow players out in nightclubs after every home game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm

Jack Cuthbert to start at full back for Scotland & goal kicker come the 6 Nations..? Discuss...

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 15 Dec 2013, 4:57 pm

GLove39 wrote:Jack Cuthbert to start at full back for Scotland & goal kicker come the 6 Nations..? Discuss...
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm

GLove39 wrote:Jack Cuthbert to start at full back for Scotland & goal kicker come the 6 Nations..? Discuss...
Is there any way that I could french kiss a skunk instead of having to see that?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm

Well it has to be said that on current form the derby games over the holiday are not going to be the one sided affairs of the past few years.

Great reaction from Edinburgh today, winning tough and ugly is not something that has often been associated with them, but at the end of the day its the win that counts.

I don't believe for a minute that Glasgow's season is dead and buried but it will be soon if they don't start playing the way they should and can. They should take a good look at what Edinburgh did today, it was impressive. Kingsholme is never an easy place to go and win even when Gloucester are not playing well, it is one of the legendary destinations of club rugby. It is even more sweet when they have given you a hiding the week before.

I hope they remember the sound of the shed giving their own team the bird for a long time, I would imagine it is a great feeling. Just remember to keep backing it up!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 15 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm

Agreed - Glasgow can still bounce back agains Treviso in the league first but I don't think that anyone is favourite for the claret jug this year.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 15 Dec 2013, 7:16 pm

Gutsy from Edinburgh today. We've folded all too often like a cheap suit, but i'm proud of that result. Away wins in the HC are not easy, and a huge well done to Atiga and Cuthbert. We've all been cruel to these guys, and world beaters they are not, but credit where credit is due. Well done lads.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 15 Dec 2013, 7:19 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Gutsy from Edinburgh today. We've folded all too often like a cheap suit, but i'm proud of that result. Away wins in the HC are not easy, and a huge well done to Atiga and Cuthbert. We've all been cruel to these guys, and world beaters they are not, but credit where credit is due. Well done lads.
I concur with FES. Dammit.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:40 pm

Well after the massive frustration I felt from Glasgow it's fantastic that Edinburgh still have something to play for in the HK after New Year. We've got Munster away then Perpignan at home - Munster is going to be a huge task but if we can get any kind of point from that game we stand a chance of playing at home to Perpignan for 2nd place in the group. That would be a remarkable achievement for Edinburgh considering all that has been going on.

Are the great unwashed still feeling so confident for boxing day?? Very Happy

I jest of course - Edinburgh are still massively inconsistent but if Glasgow fall short against Treviso next week and we manage to be competitive against Leinster then the momentum will definitely be with Edinburgh.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:44 pm

My bad - just noticed we've got Perpignan then Munster - if we manage to beat Perpignan then that means going to Thomond to try to get 2nd place! Could happen....  Whistle 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 16 Dec 2013, 10:25 am

bonus points are going to have a huge say in the outcome here! Edinburgh are still in with a shout, but we all know that this season we are fully capable of one giant brain fart to end all hopes!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:30 pm

Rugby banter page is claiming Johnnie Beattie is off to the Tigers. Anyone know anything about this?

Would be a good move for him, but I thought they were getting Denton? Reckon that means the Denton deal is off? Surely won't be signing both...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:37 pm

Beattie would be a better signing for them - hands off Denton! We can't afford to lose Talei and Denton in consecutive season, plus see McInally swap to hooker. Losing three number 8's would be careless, however good Du Preez happens to be.

I can see Beattie playing for Leicester, and I think it would really improve him.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:41 pm

I'm confused cause the rumours were that it was a done deal with Denton - maybe Rugby Banter heard a Scottish number 8 was signing and assumed it was Beattie!

I agree though - hands off Denton!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Beattie would be a better signing for them - hands off Denton! We can't afford to lose Talei and Denton in consecutive season, plus see McInally swap to hooker. Losing three number 8's would be careless, however good Du Preez happens to be.

I can see Beattie playing for Leicester, and I think it would really improve him.

I would argue a back row of Leonardi, du Preez, Rennie is better than du Preez, Denton, Rennie. Better workrate imo.

Depending on how good Coman is, Denton leaving wouldn't be that big a loss.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

Perhaps its Tomas Leonardi they really want....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

I wakened up t'other morn convinced that DTH was off to the Tigers at the end of the season, is this some kind of mass hysteria which only affects Scottish rugby types when their club are playing schiess?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:52 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Perhaps its Tomas Leonardi they really want....

Hopefully not i rate him pretty high, think Sean O'Brien...

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:55 pm

Hmmm, not sure he's quite in the Sean O'Brien league. He hasn't been a bad signing by any means, I just rate Basilia, Denton and Du Preez as better players so if we had to loose someone.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:59 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Hmmm, not sure he's quite in the Sean O'Brien league. He hasn't been a bad signing by any means, I just rate Basilia, Denton and Du Preez as better players so if we had to loose someone.....

Basiliaia's fitness has been an issue, he is also prone to miss tackles here and there, Denton is very one dimensionnal if you see what i mean.
Leonardi is a more complete player than both of them imo.

ps i like Basil very much too, great player to have in your squad.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:09 pm

Is Basalaia injured? He started the season really well but has dropped out of it.

Denton is a Scotland international number 8 - we definitely don't want to lose him.

Leonardi, Basalaia, Du Preez etc. will do a decent job, but none of them are Scottish - I've said on here before I've got nothing wrong with NSQ players if they're good enough, but we need to be holding on to someone like Denton.

Ford on the other hand...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 16 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm

I'd really not worry about Denton going! he is poo!

Cornel is SQ also so.....................
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 16 Dec 2013, 3:32 pm

tigertattie wrote:

Cornel is SQ also so.....................

Um, no he's not...

Don't know where this Denton is rubbish chat has come from either - for a 23 year old he's doing pretty well!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 16 Dec 2013, 3:54 pm

I think tattie might be jumping the gun a bit. I think he's said he would play for Scotland once he's eligible. But that won't be for a bit yet.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:40 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:I think tattie might be jumping the gun a bit.  I think he's said he would play for Scotland once he's eligible.  But that won't be for a bit yet.

aye, never made myself fully clear there lol

Put I stil lsay Denton is not that great! He is an up the jumper one dimensional player. I'd select Beattie, Wilson or Ally Hogg over Denton right now!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm

The Tigers link to Denton has been solid and persistent for a couple of seasons now.

Is Beattie linked just because Pelly has just finished a couple of games against the Tigers? Can someone post a link to substantiate the rumours?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm

Whatever happened to Ally Hogg? no longer mentioned as a Scotland player

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:42 pm

Denton's job in the team is to carry the ball and get over the gainline - he does that very well. Yes he might not have the handling skills and awareness yet, but again he is only 23 and that will come!

Really can't believe any Edinburgh fan would be happy to see him go.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:53 pm

OP updated.

Bunch of flowers to Edinburgh, who are starting to show signs of promise.

Bunch of arse to Glasgow, who are starting to show signs of psychosis.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:00 pm

Very little wrong with Denton's performances this season. He's carried hard and shown the odd flash of skill (see Tonks' try against Glaws). At 23 he's an excellent prospect, and completely deserved the caps he's had thus far. Sure, he doesn't always make the right decisions, but he's still young. Physically he's very strong and abrasive. We certainly don't want to lose him.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:33 am

Think Friday will tell us quite a bit about how the 1872 games will go. Embra v Leinster is a good pointer as to how much they have improved. Warriors v Treviso is a huge test to see if the wheels can get glued back on - Toonie's coaching and selecting will be examined keenly as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:37 am

Had a further thought on the Gloucester win - encouragingly that side will pretty much be the side that we will be putting out during all the games around the 6N. Apart from Ford and maybe Dickinson the rest are unlikely to be involved with Scotland.

It is such a key period as there are actually quite a lot of games being played over the 6N where the internationalists won't be available.

If the team can raise their game to beat Gloucester away then it hopefully bodes well for those key Rabbo games.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:56 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Had a further thought on the Gloucester win - encouragingly that side will pretty much be the side that we will be putting out during all the games around the 6N.  Apart from Ford and maybe Dickinson the rest are unlikely to be involved with Scotland.

It is such a key period as there are actually quite a lot of games being played over the 6N where the internationalists won't be available.

If the team can raise their game to beat Gloucester away then it hopefully bodes well for those key Rabbo games.

A few more games like that from Hart and Tonks and they will come into the mix!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:27 am

Yeah Grayson Hart was a pleasant surprise. His only previous appearance was off the bench where I thought he looked a bit of a headless chicken who didn’t fully know what he was doing. Luckily he proved me wrong on Sunday! He is a very direct 9 and is pretty physical. His kicking game was very good too. Considering this was his first start for Edinburgh and it was probably the highest level of rugby he’s ever played at, he definitely did very well .

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:43 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Yeah Grayson Hart was a pleasant surprise. His only previous appearance was off the bench where I thought he looked a bit of a headless chicken who didn’t fully know what he was doing. Luckily he proved me wrong on Sunday! He is a very direct 9 and is pretty physical.  His kicking game was very good too. Considering this was his first start for Edinburgh and it was probably the highest level of rugby he’s ever played at, he definitely did very well .

I think he kicked around the fringes of super rugby in Auckland and in Sydney, getting a few games but never really nailing down a place. I think in Oz that was largely due to politics and bad luck

A lot of good players just never get the chance to show what they can do. Look at Ryan Wilson and Peter Murchie at Glasgow as well as Greg Tonks at Edinburgh, essentially Aviva premiership cast offs, in Wilson and Murchie's case never really made it out of the championship yet given the opportunity and game time proved that they are very good players. You could add Mike Cussack and Thom and Max Evans to that list as well as plenty others. Professional sport is an unforgiving arena where you may not get to many, if any chances!

I think he had a few injury issues when he first got here but fair play to him in that he has grabbed his chance with both hands. He is not a kid at the end of the day and does have a good variety of experience as well as a pretty good pedigree. I think he has just leapfrogged the youngsters into second spot in the Edinburgh scrum half pecking order.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:54 am

BigGee wrote: I think he has just leapfrogged the youngsters into second spot in the Edinburgh scrum half pecking order.

I suspect we'll see when he announces the team for Leinster and the 1872! He's SQ so would be happy with either backup scrum half. Kennedy seems to have definitely slipped down the pecking order, but out of the 4 main scrum half he's been the one I've been least impressed with.

Also worth remembering we have Chris Leck and Alex Black on our books - chances of them playing a single game this year are very small!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:10 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Also worth remembering we have Chris Leck and Alex Black on our books - chances of them playing a single game this year are very small!

I think they can be quietly forgotten about. Poor signings in truth and never really made the grade, they will be gone at the end of the year. 4 scrum halves is quite enough to be going on with and should cover all injury/international calls etc.

I agree about Kennedy as well, looked like the young pretender last year and now in danger of sliding into oblivion, without really doing an awful lot wrong and certainly no more than plenty of others in the squad. As I said before, professional sport is a tough place!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:14 am

Kennedy did feature a lot at the start of the season, and has been on the bench, but Solomons generally lets people play the full 80 and doesn't use subs for the sake of it, so his gametime has been limited.

Should send him back to Glasgow - they could do with some direction and control to their game just now!  Very Happy 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:24 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Kennedy did feature a lot at the start of the season, and has been on the bench, but Solomons generally lets people play the full 80 and doesn't use subs for the sake of it, so his gametime has been limited.

Should send him back to Glasgow - they could do with some direction and control to their game just now!  Very Happy 

I'd laugh if it was not true!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:28 am

Haven't seen any of the game but from reading posts on here it seems Tonks played well at 10 on Sunday. If he gets a run of games there and given neither Weir or Jackson are playing particularly well, is he going to be a serious contender for stand-off in the 6Ns?

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:39 am

MacKnocked-on wrote:Haven't seen any of the game but from reading posts on here it seems Tonks played well at 10 on Sunday. If he gets a run of games there and given neither Weir or Jackson are playing particularly well, is he going to be a serious contender for stand-off in the 6Ns?  

Well one Swallow does not make a summer as they say, but the truth is that anyone who puts in a decent run of games at 10 is going to come into the Scotland mix, it really is our Achilles heal and the position that is most holding us back. Really hard to be a decent international side without a playmaker.

Probably best not to get to carried away though. He did well on a wretched day against a poor Gloucester side. Leinster this weekend will be a different kettle of fish even if they do rest a few. Lets see how he does then if he plays, which I hope he does. Tonks has already proved he is a good footballer, so I am hopeful that he can step it up in this pivotal position.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 17 Dec 2013, 12:04 pm

BigGee wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:Haven't seen any of the game but from reading posts on here it seems Tonks played well at 10 on Sunday. If he gets a run of games there and given neither Weir or Jackson are playing particularly well, is he going to be a serious contender for stand-off in the 6Ns?  

Well one Swallow does not make a summer as they say, but the truth is that anyone who puts in a decent run of games at 10 is going to come into the Scotland mix, it really is our Achilles heal and the position that is most holding us back. Really hard to be a decent international side without a playmaker.

Probably best not to get to carried away though. He did well on a wretched day against a poor Gloucester side. Leinster this weekend will be a different kettle of fish even if they do rest a few. Lets see how he does then if he plays, which I hope he does. Tonks has already proved he is a good footballer, so I am hopeful that he can step it up in this pivotal position.

Yes, hopefully Solomons will select him at 10 for this weekend to see how he goes against a top team like Leinster, I'm sure Scott Johnson would be keen to see how Tonks does. Cuthbert is obviously a fullback not a wing and should get another chance at 15.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 17 Dec 2013, 12:32 pm

Does anyone know if Tom Heathcote is getting any game time at all at Bath or is it still nepotism-tastic over at the Rec? I am fairly sure Heathcote starts in all the Amlin matches.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 12:41 pm

George Carlin wrote:Does anyone know if Tom Heathcote is getting any game time at all at Bath or is it still nepotism-tastic over at the Rec? I am fairly sure Heathcote starts in all the Amlin matches.

He is warming the pine for all the important games and gets the odd start in Amlin, LV cup etc. to give Ford a rest. This year has been a right off for him and he needs to get out of Bath ASAP. He is their back up though and they are not going to let him go until his contract is up (at the end of this season I believe). Hopefully then it will be destination Edinburgh. From what I have seen of him playing the last couple of years in the AP, he did look the most complete SQ stand off around. How this year is going to have effected him and his confidence only time will tell, but you would hope he will come through it intact. He did not become a bad player, he just happened to play for a club where the coach signed his son!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 17 Dec 2013, 1:20 pm

Alex Grove re-signs for Worcester for 2 years. Could have done with him at Edinburgh!

BBC also win the prize for worst photo to go with an article, ever...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/25414681

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 17 Dec 2013, 1:28 pm

That's annoying about Grove, but I still believe that Dougie Fife will end up an outside centre, so I'd rather we focus on sorting out wingers, which (fly half aside) is our weakest position.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 1:38 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Alex Grove re-signs for Worcester for 2 years.  Could have done with him at Edinburgh!

BBC also win the prize for worst photo to go with an article, ever...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/25414681

Settling for a team that is going down and with no guarantee of bouncing back with some of the other teams in the championship. Does not suggest to me that he has a lot left in the way of ambition. He has been down with them before and whilst his loyalty is commendable it is not going to do anything to further his career. He looked a good player when he was capped but sadly it will be hard to see him adding to that from the second division. He looks like he has settled for that.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 17 Dec 2013, 1:46 pm

It suggests to me that Edinburgh and the SRU just don't rate him. I'm sure had Lineen and co been in his ear about joining Edinburgh on a full time contract to resurrect his Scotland career he could have been pursuaded, but for whatever reason (which escapes me) successive Scotland coaches haven't rated him.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 17 Dec 2013, 2:36 pm

That's very disappointing about Grove. I agree that it seems to be a statement that Grove has found his level. I would have liked to see him at 13 with Scott at 12. No way Wuss are going to avoid the drop this year. When he gets done there he'll be 28 and surely out of the international game.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next