The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One

+23
Nay
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
Ent
FIFA Diva
President Trump
Crimey
hampo17
Azzy
compelling and rich
Brys
GSC
Gregers
Fernando
Bull
CFCNick
Kurt N. Jurqa
Derbymanc
B91212
Hulking_up
Pr4wn
Hero
pscott
27 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Xbox One - Page 4 Empty Xbox One

Post by pscott Sat 23 Nov 2013, 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

I wondered how things were going , I am pretty jealous as I'm waiting for Friday for my PS4.

The Kinnect apparently works well, how does BF4 feel to have 64 players online. Is Ryse a bit of a disappointment or are you enjoying it.

Dead Rising 3 how are you getting on with it? The videos with hundreds of zombies looked cool.

I read a test on sound levels and I think its quieter than the 360. If you had a PS3 is it quieter than that?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Xbox One - Page 4 Empty Re: Xbox One

Post by Hero Sun 10 May 2015, 6:37 pm

That's the same for us in the UK OK

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 10 May 2015, 8:30 pm

Hero wrote:I also always download the freebie games, usually they're aimed at younger players so my boys enjoy them for a while and can always uninstall them to ensure I've got them at a later point if fancy going back.

Some of them are quite decent; Warframe and Neverwinter being two legitimate mass multiplayers, the former when you consider it's free is quality. Volgar, Pool Nation, Chariot and a few others are decent fun too, despite my age i've spent many an hour on Rayman Legends, something about a freebie though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 10 May 2015, 8:47 pm

Max and the Curse of Brotherhood was very good as is Rayman Legends and Worms. Think it is about time though that some of the first Xbox One games start to now be free like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, even Titanfall now might as well be given away.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 10 May 2015, 8:59 pm

Titanfall was an epic fail, has such a hyped up game ever failed to deliver so badly before?

Ryse was a decent alternative to AC, the historical inaccuracies made it hard for me to truly enjoy the game but was visually the best game so far. Having an exclusive game like Ryse released every three or four months would be a good idea, nobody is going to buying them first hand any more. It's a good concept and you can't grumble, makes the £40 a year much more worthwhile, the insanity if #Idarb was cool until the novelty wore off.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 11 May 2015, 12:27 pm

Titanfall = best game I've ever played. I continue to play it at least an hour a night.

Ryse was beautiful to look at, awful in practice. Rigid, limited, poor controls. There hasn't been a game as good-looking even now.

Just finished Black Flag and am going to move on to Unity. Love the Assassin's Creed series.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 May 2015, 4:20 pm

Yeah I like Titanfall, think its a really good game and actually prefer it to Call of Duty or Halo online

Got Ryse but not played it yet, heard it looks stunning but the gameplay get stale pretty quickly

I'm stuck on Black Flag, wouldn't mind but not even that far into.....was trying for a half hour last before I gave up

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 12 May 2015, 5:24 pm

Yeah Titanfall is a really fun game, I picked it up for a tenner not too long ago and I'd say it's probably the best online FPS I've played. Just the craziness of it makes it a lot of fun and there seemed to be less of a problem with people being too good online making it difficult to get into which I found was always the biggest problem with COD. 

I could understand however being disappointed if I had paid full price considering the lack of single player.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 12 May 2015, 5:35 pm

Hero wrote:That's the same for us in the UK OK
Good to hear thanks, just wondered with EA Access having such a strong North American sports line up if they wouldn't swap some titles out.

I tried BF4 for half an hour last night. FPS are not my favorite although if the game is good enough then I'm happy to play them. Must say I found it pretty impressive graphic and control wise, thanks for the recommendation. I started Far Cry 4 recently on the PS4 and I found it a step up in terms of control and movement. Not making a total like for like comparison between FC4 and BF4 as I expect Far Cry to have the much stronger single player story and better location etc but from a user control point of view BF4 seems much superior.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 12 May 2015, 6:13 pm

BF4 was the worst game of all time. Most bungled launch, most damaging impact on the studio and share price, most devastating to a franchise's reputation. It was the first BF game I'd played, and most certainly the last. Those first three months were an absolute disgrace to gaming.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 May 2015, 9:31 pm

Crimey wrote:Yeah Titanfall is a really fun game, I picked it up for a tenner not too long ago and I'd say it's probably the best online FPS I've played. Just the craziness of it makes it a lot of fun and there seemed to be less of a problem with people being too good online making it difficult to get into which I found was always the biggest problem with COD. 

I could understand however being disappointed if I had paid full price considering the lack of single player.

The lack of single player was my biggest problem with the game. I do like to be able to complete a single player story line to get used to the controls and the physics of the game before delving into the mad world of online which I rarely do unless it's on Destiny which in itself I found to be a bit over rated. As good as it is I did find it a bit boring and repetitive after a while but squading up is what the game is all about so i'm maybe being a bit harsh.

Online shooters have gone downhill or should I stagnated since Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2 which were both epic but impossible to play side by side.

Best games on the Xbox One so far have to be;

Watchdogs- My personal favourite so far, the dynamics of the game are second to none thus far
Sunset Overdrive- Mad fun and doesn't take itself too seriously
Fifa 15- standard really
Halo Collection- not strictly Xbox one, great value for all four games though
Rayman Legends- Old school, shows the old ways are sometimes the best
Destiny
Forza 4- stunning graphics
Lego Marvel Superheroes- my daughter loved watching it and attempting to play
Zoo Tycoon- bit shallow but worth it if you can pick it up cheaply
Screamride- you can spend hours on the demolition mode alone
Assassins Creed Black Flag- mainly for the naval bits.

Crime and Punishment, Shadows of Mordor, D4, Castlestorm, Killer Instinct and Dead Rising are all worth a try too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 20 May 2015, 11:56 am

I think Titanfall did do something different with the first person shooter though, it was very unique in its ideas and combined a lot of different game concepts together. The actual first person shooter elements were like a combination of Halo and Call of Duty whilst I've never really played anything like the mechas. The combination of the two just made it a really fun game to play for 20 minutes for me. I do think my perception will be skewed because I only paid a tenner for it though, makes it seem much more value for money.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 20 May 2015, 1:53 pm

Having the battles over split levels, meaning you're not just looking for guys jumping around or camping, changes the dynamic. So you're now on the lookout for wallrunners, wallhangers, titans, spectres, grunts, titans falling on your head, ghosts, stimmers, the lot. It's a new type of shooter and it's still fresh for me.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 20 May 2015, 6:22 pm

Crimey wrote:I think Titanfall did do something different with the first person shooter though, it was very unique in its ideas and combined a lot of different game concepts together. The actual first person shooter elements were like a combination of Halo and Call of Duty whilst I've never really played anything like the mechas. The combination of the two just made it a really fun game to play for 20 minutes for me. I do think my perception will be skewed because I only paid a tenner for it though, makes it seem much more value for money.

I bought it on release so the value for money was poor, it's not a £45 game by any stretch of the imagination, been a while since i've played it so may give it another go.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 24 May 2015, 3:24 pm

I was listening to an IGN podcast at work last week and they were bemoaning the 'bonus' of Pool Nation being being on Games with Gold for another month and in general the poor games that have been available for Xbone since it's launch. One of the guys said that he knows what an upcoming game (didn't specifically say June) is and that he thinks people will be very happy with the choice although of course he couldn't say anything further. After the money MS put into Titanfall for exclusivity then maybe that is the title in question. Would be good timing too as Titanfall 2 (or whatever they choose to call it) is rumoured to be being announced at E3 in June although not a console exclusive this time.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 28 May 2015, 2:22 pm

I've gone back to Black Flag to get some of the achievements and I have to say, it's far more fun than doing the storyline! Capturing all the forts, doing templar hunts, it's really great fun and visually compelling. What an incredible game.

Nando you still playing Don Bradman?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 28 May 2015, 2:27 pm

I'm enjoying Black Flag as well now after B9's free code (thanks once again!)

Witcher 3 or Elder Scrolls online when it's out next week?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 28 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Elder Scrolls, already pre-ordered from Game Xbox One - Page 4 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 28 May 2015, 4:12 pm

Azzy wrote:I've gone back to Black Flag to get some of the achievements and I have to say, it's far more fun than doing the storyline! Capturing all the forts, doing templar hunts, it's really great fun and visually compelling. What an incredible game.

Nando you still playing Don Bradman?

No i had it on PS4 so traded it in yesterday got Fifa instead. So now up to Fifa/Project Cars (It's awesome) & Forza 5 (it's awful)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 28 May 2015, 4:36 pm

Have your eyes managed to adjust to the poor graphics of the One compared to the PS4? (as Viva would have you believe)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 28 May 2015, 4:47 pm

They are on Project Cars tbf Laugh It may not be good for gaming as PS4 but App wise it's hell of a lot better, struggled with WWE Network on PS4 was always behind people but watched the last PPV like it was HD on Xbox Xbox One - Page 4 3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 28 May 2015, 5:01 pm

Hero wrote:Have your eyes managed to adjust to the poor graphics of the One compared to the PS4? (as Viva would have you believe)

Its a fact not Viva folklore.

Witcher 3, my God what a game I urge you to get that. When's Elder Scrolls coming out?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 29 May 2015, 9:53 am

Witcher 3 couldn't excite me, I watched probably a dozen trailers and several Twitch feeds since release, it's just not interesting enough for me.

Elder Scrolls is out early June, 9th maybe? I'm getting mine for Father's Day so have to wait two weeks to get it on. Just enough time to finish Black Flag's achievements and delete it from the hard drive to make room Xbox One - Page 4 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 10:10 am

Downloaded the project cars patch yesterday.....now that the steering has been sorted I'm hooked

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 29 May 2015, 10:11 am

Viva, is Witcher 3 better than Dragon Age Inquisition as that had me hooked for months.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 29 May 2015, 10:29 am

I think Witcher 3 is better but I can see why someone else would prefer Dragon Age.

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 29 May 2015, 10:39 am

Because you can have gay sax, am I right? Yeah! Xbox One - Page 4 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 4:14 am

So the games for gold for June have been announced. Thought they would better due to E3 being around the corner- Massive Chalice and Pool Nation (again!) one Xbox one and Just Cause 2 and Thief on the 360. Never played JC2 but I've read it has one of the biggest open worlds ever so might give it a go although not turned the 360 on in over a year. Played Thief on PS4 and although it didn't get great reviews I thought it was solid enough.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 4:23 am

Interesting reading the posts on The Witcher 3. I will be getting it once I've cleared some of my backlog of other games and also trying not to pay full price for a game mocing forward (last one was The Order 1886 that made up my mind).

200+ hours long? Wow, think I will save it for winter.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:48 am

Massive Chalice looks really good, am very happy with that being the free game. Pool Nation was very poor and took ages to load, that was deleted very quickly.

I spent 10 hours over the weekend on Black Flag and have only a handful of achievements left to complete - I shan't bother with them all but it's a great feeling, completing the storyline then sailing round the Caribbean plundering and stealing.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 01 Jun 2015, 1:16 pm

Yeah Massive Chalice looks a fairly decent one in a Xcom style.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jun 2015, 1:21 pm

managed to offload some EA games over the weekend, got like £70 for Fifa, Madden and NHL and still get to play them because they're in the EA vault, thats covered the price for Arkham at the end of this month Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 01 Jun 2015, 3:33 pm

My friend has been telling me about Witcher 3. It sounds horrific (in a good way)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

Massive Chalice is an Indy fantasy version of Xcom, not bad at all to play.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 08 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

gazzyD wrote:Downloaded the project cars patch yesterday.....now that the steering has been sorted I'm hooked

Glad your enjoying it fella Ok! If ever want to join a league let me know fella. Also since you like Project Cars this may be of interest to you in the future....

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 08 Jun 2015, 4:21 pm

Hero wrote:Massive Chalice is an Indy fantasy version of Xcom, not bad at all to play.

Anyone else tried this yet? The Hunters seem the only decent class I've found so far, the alchemists are alright but need more flasks, 4 is just not enough and the ones with the big stick things are just useless especially when one of the main critters just runs up to your guys and explodes for AOE damage.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 08 Jun 2015, 4:24 pm

Was waiting for your feedback to be honest Hero and it doesn't sound too promising so may give it a wide berth, anyone interested in any online gaming drop a PM with your gamertag.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 08 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm

It's not too bad, I would have been disappointed if I'd paid for it, but I've played a few hours on it and will probably carry on with it so it shows it's not too bad.

My tag is hero606v2 don't mind that being public knowledge!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:38 pm

It's a free game, you literally cannot complain. Better than Child of Light that's for sure.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:56 pm

Got Dragon Age: Inquistion in the end, not played much but enjoying it a lot more than the first Dragon Age. Think the combat isn't fantastic but imagine that's because I'm not really using the tactical element to it. Enjoying the world and the sandbox nature of it though, the environments feel big compared to the first one. Still doesn't get close to the depth of Mass Effect though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:11 pm

Azzy wrote:It's a free game, you literally cannot complain. Better than Child of Light that's for sure.

Child of Light I didn't mind either though, like Final Fantasy in watercolours.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:05 pm

Crimey wrote:Got Dragon Age: Inquistion in the end, not played much but enjoying it a lot more than the first Dragon Age. Think the combat isn't fantastic but imagine that's because I'm not really using the tactical element to it. Enjoying the world and the sandbox nature of it though, the environments feel big compared to the first one. Still doesn't get close to the depth of Mass Effect though.
It's no Skyrim, but it's filled the gap until ESO comes out tomorrow Xbox One - Page 4 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 8:16 pm

Fernando wrote:
gazzyD wrote:Downloaded the project cars patch yesterday.....now that the steering has been sorted I'm hooked

Glad your enjoying it fella Ok! If ever want to join a league let me know fella. Also since you like Project Cars this may be of interest to you in the future....

Aye will do cheers. That game looks alright, although think between project cars and forza I'll probably be sorted for racing games

Not long now till the next arkham game, cant waot for it

Hopefully will have finished far cry 4 by then......my favourite game ive played on xbox one to date

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 09 Jun 2015, 9:35 pm

ESO ordered, arriving tomorrow Smile

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:07 pm

Hero wrote:ESO ordered, arriving tomorrow Smile
Be prepared for the long install, 45mins and counting Xbox One - Page 4 3559488474

Also, it's around 80GB total file, so make room on your HD.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

I'll bung it in when I get home then, yeah that's a whopper of a file!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 09 Jun 2015, 11:11 pm

How's it playing?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:23 am

Good - not the greatest graphics, and full of moaning Yanks saying the NA server isn't working, but great so far Xbox One - Page 4 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 10 Jun 2015, 7:43 am

You'll have to let me know which side you've joined.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 10 Jun 2015, 11:32 am

Cool, will do. Can't remember right now but when I play tonight I'll PM you Smile

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 10 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

There's rules on only being able to join with people of the same side etc ala WOW so I'll create one the same as you.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next