The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson's Autobiography

+3
milkyboy
mobilemaster8
Jamwar1
7 posters

Go down

Tyson's Autobiography Empty Tyson's Autobiography

Post by Jamwar1 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:53 am

I've read it the last couple of days and (spoiler) Cus has just died but I must say, speaking as someone who despised him, I am totally warming to him. I understand there is a very good ghost writer but every despicable act seems to have a catalyst.
Anyone else reading/read it? What are your views?

Jamwar1

Back to top Go down

Tyson's Autobiography Empty Re: Tyson's Autobiography

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 8:00 am

Getting it for Christmas of the missus mate. Looks a great read and has had some terrific reviews.

Have you seen the Tyson movie? Again very moving and a good look into the mind of a ruthless boxer in his prime.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:26 am

Got it on my e-reader....started reading it last night.

Completely unapologetic re his sentence for the attack on Desiree Washington and I'm unsure whether or not his tales of 10yrs old kids robbing each other or committing burglaries and spending the money on playa-esque clothing it believable. If my ten year old nephew got £200 he'd be buying his own bodyweight in sweets, not the latest Adidas/Pierre Cardin gear. Then again, he's not a gangsta so maybe I shouldn't be so critical.

I agree with the OP that everything bad is seemingly attributable to something else. I'll read on but I'm hoping that at some stage he says "I did this terrible thing and I'm the only one to blame. I did it willingly without pressure from anyone else or any outside factors."

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:36 am

Jamwar1 wrote:I've read it the last couple of days and (spoiler) Cus has just died but I must say, speaking as someone who despised him, I am totally warming to him. I understand there is a very good ghost writer but every despicable act seems to have a catalyst.
Jamwar, As spoilers go, I think gus tomato's death is probably safe to discuss now.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:40 am

milkyboy wrote:
Jamwar1 wrote:I've read it the last couple of days and (spoiler) Cus has just died but I must say, speaking as someone who despised him, I am totally warming to him. I understand there is a very good ghost writer but every despicable act seems to have a catalyst.
Jamwar, As spoilers go, I think gus tomato's death is probably safe to discuss now.
Oh ffs...you'll be telling me next that Mike loses a fight or something equally ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:47 am

I'd hate to spoil it for you Dave... It's a real whodunit. Although as you're discovering 'whodunit' and 'whose fault it is' are not necessarily the same thing.

It's a fair cop guv, I'll come quietly. Blame it on society.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:50 am

Was planning on reading it and will at some point but am going to see his one man show next March so think I would rather wait until I had seen that, am obviously familiar with his story but think the show will be better for not reading the book.

And Dave Pierre Cardin? dear god you are in danger of making me look down with the kids.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:00 am

Rowley wrote:Was planning on reading it and will at some point but am going to see his one man show next March so think I would rather wait until I had seen that, am obviously familiar with his story but think the show will be better for not reading the book.

And Dave Pierre Cardin? dear god you are in danger of making me look down with the kids.
Sorry Rowley but it's a quote from the book as to what Mike was wearing...not the stuff I wear.

My clothing line was "Man at the Army Surplus stores" and "whatever tour t-shirt was pulled out of the wardrobe".

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:01 am

I'm getting it off the Mrs at christmas too..........

Forget the Tyson book.........

I have a lot of time for Mike........Boxing needed him and desperately needs another star like him.....

He was the last of Johnson, Louis, Ali transcenders........

Also thought he copped a raw deal in the r*** case and has been used all his life.....

Hope he makes good money out of it and has exorcised a few demons a long the way....

Saw him in that show where he raced his pigeons........and all his local opponents just called him Mike and accepted him as an ordinary Joe.......He seemed to love that !!

As long as you keep your ears out of range when talking to him....There is no problem......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:07 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm getting it off the Mrs at christmas too....
Is that your annual get lucky night truss?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:10 am

I was talking about Turkey.........

and then you came a long...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:14 pm

I always do at the mention of food.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:49 pm

"Copped a raw deal" - jesus Truss. You can't struggle cuddle a woman and not get punished for it!

What did you expect? Do you think he shouldn't have been forced to pay for his crimes?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:57 pm

In the book he sneers at the sentencing.

He claims he inserted two fingers into the nice lady, spent 20 mins giving her cunnilingus and then had sex with her. This may all be true or lies and there's very possibility that she consented to the first two but unfortunately, even if Mike (or anyone else for that matter) has his "person" within another person and then that person suddenly says "NO" if you continue despite their protests, you are guilty of sexual assault. Ignore all that's gone before and whatever "come on" signals you were given.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:12 pm

20 minutes being a cunning linguist. And they say he's not a gentleman.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:55 pm

That's what I thought...it's probably why he got three years instead of ten!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:00 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:"Copped a raw deal" - jesus Truss. You can't struggle cuddle a woman and not get punished for it!

What did you expect? Do you think he shouldn't have been forced to pay for his crimes?

She gets on his bed at 3am...........For a quick chat and a pot of tea..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Was planning on reading it and will at some point but am going to see his one man show next March so think I would rather wait until I had seen that, am obviously familiar with his story but think the show will be better for not reading the book.

Sorry Rowley but it's a quote from the book as to what Mike was wearing...not the stuff I wear.

My clothing line was "Man at the Army Surplus stores" and "whatever tour t-shirt was pulled out of the wardrobe".
Funnily enough, Dave, that's exactly the look I imagined you'd have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:18 pm

I wonder if he includes the bit where he "popped" a pigeon head off in front of journalists. But someone did that to his bird when he was a kid, so that's okay then.
I like Mike but I wouldn't let him near any bird...

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:"Copped a raw deal" - jesus Truss. You can't struggle cuddle a woman and not get punished for it!

She gets on his bed at 3am...........For a quick chat and a pot of tea..
Law only cares if, at any point, she said no, tho....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:40 pm

Doesn't help when his lawyer paints him as an animal.........In a conservative town..

She took his money afterwards though........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:52 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/it-s-17-years-later-and-i-still-don-t-believe-mike-tyson-raped-that-woman

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

So what if she did.......the man was arrogant and stupid. He'd already been given an insight into how despicable some women can be when he married Robin Givens....perhaps all he could see was Robin's face whilst he was exacting some kind of personal revenge on Desiree.

But like me and Toppy say, it doesn't matter if on live tv that she said she wanted to sleep with Tyson, if she says "No" at a later point then, as angry as he may be, he has to respect that decision

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:10 pm

You're arrogant and stupid but I wouldn't want to see you put away for 4 years..

Then again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're arrogant and stupid but I wouldn't want to see you put away for 4 years..

Then again..
So are you and I'd like to see your head popped off like a pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:17 pm

sacking this book off. we're expected to believe that whilst in some juvie facility, Tyson is sparring with some ex-boxer who decides to train Mike then out of the blue says "do you want to meet this legendary trainer Cus D'Amato?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down