The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tysons mixed messages

+4
Sugar Boy Sweetie
JACKMAGIC
Rowley
eddyfightfan
8 posters

Go down

tysons mixed messages Empty tysons mixed messages

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:33 pm

with the upcoming british/commonwealth heavyweight title fight between derek chisora and tyson fury (been shown for free on channel 5- which is great news) happening on the 23rd july, and wlad very interested in the bout (he will be ringside), looking for his next opponent, fury seems to be sending out mixed messages. he all know chisora is up for the challenge having twice been scheduled to fight wlad already but fury it seems cant make up his mind.

both men seem pretty evenly matched, both 14-0, fury has the power but chisora has faced the better oppostion. personally i fancy chisora as he is much better rounded and has a better work rate. however if fury manages to pull off the upset i don't think he would face wlad. he has come on record saying that wlad is beatable and that he would beat him, but then a few days later comes out and says "im not ready for a klitchscho yet".

do you think (if he wins) he will step in with wlad? and would he last 5 minutes? does he even stand a chance against chisora? personally i dont think so, i dont rate him at all- think he stands far to upright and comes in overweight and under prepared.

where do you see furys career taking him over the next year or so?

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/11/07/12/manual_102345.html&BID=543
http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/11/07/12/manual_132839.html&BID=543

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

tysons mixed messages Empty Re: tysons mixed messages

Post by Rowley Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

Liek you Eddy think Chisora will beat him. Actually think there is something to work with with Fury, he has a decent jab when he uses it and obviously is physically a big unit. However as you rightly say his conditioning is pretty poor and for such a big lump am not convinced how hard he digs, also have had cause to question his commitment in the past. Remember in the run up to the Big John fight his only sparring was against his brother, hardly suggests a guy taking things seriously.

I actually agree with him that he is not ready for Wlad, if indeed he ever will be but as I think Chisora would beat him this is all pretty much moot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

Should have added am yet to be convinced by Chisora yet but think his conditioning is a little better and he showed against Sexton he could show a little variation and perhaps was a little more rounded than Tyson at the minute, good fight though, on the back of Groves Degale nice to see domestic rivals meeting each other

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKMAGIC Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:41 pm

Wlad would school Fury in every department. It would be a ridiculous match up, and the fact it is even a possibility once again highlights on going joke that is the current heavy weight division.

JACKMAGIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm

Fury doesn't hit with power that's representative of his size, his conditioning is poor, he occaisionally looks to have a decent jab but is lazy with it. Chisora is a better all rounder, he could come undone by not having the power to get tysons respect and end up being out muscled by the bigger stronger man, but I fancy him to outbox fury over the distance - he has decent upper body movement, good punch variety and a good chin. Neither guy would stand a chance against wlad. Fury would be more interesting as it's not often you see wlad at a size disadvantage, but fury just doesn't have the brains or fundamental skills to beat a top heavy like wlad, and he'd do well to avoid him and make any assault on the world title once the k-bros have hung em up.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:19 pm

I actually fancy Fury to take this one, I think he's shown decent athleticism and hand speed for a big man (obviously he is generally out of shape, but he seems to move quite naturally) has a nice variety of punches, and when we take into account his stature as well, he could pose Chisora some serious questions. I think he probably knows he's not ready for a Klitschko yet but obviously doesn't want to sound like he's scared of them or rule out a fight in the future.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:45 pm

I don't want to sound like I'm knocking the guy... I like watching his fights for sheer entertainment value, but he seems like a bit if a clown, isn't focused in the ring and gases far too easily later on in a fight. Chisora all the way for me in this one.

Which would probably leave Fury in the British level for a while. I see him having some success in Euro level if he focuses on using his physical attributes to the best of his ability and not do silly little things like the Ali shuffle or using so much stamina by trying to blast guys out of the ring in 3.

Saying that I can't help but watch the guy for the sheer insanity he brings to a fight!

I think a fight with David Price would be a good call in the foreseeable future. Two big heavies going at it.

Also, does anyone see this as a warm up fight for Chisora to get ready for Wlad? Chisora, using the opportunity to measure up a game plan against a much taller boxer?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

the price/dallas fight was meant to be a title eliminator, to get a shot at the winner of this one- if chisora does face wlad then i recok it will be price vs fury. again i'd have to go against fury and back price.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:the price/dallas fight was meant to be a title eliminator, to get a shot at the winner of this one- if chisora does face wlad then i recok it will be price vs fury. again i'd have to go against fury and back price.

Ooooh, I didn't know that. Yeah I would back Price too. Looks very sharp and strong.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:07 pm

if i had to choose between price, fury and chisora to go up against wlad i think i'd pick price. i just dont see a small heavyweight getting past wlads jab- i think it needs big tall heavyweight with a big reach who cancels out wlad natural advantage

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:42 pm

Chisora Vs. Price would be very interesting and to be fair this fight is mouth watering enough for me, although I don't like Fury although he does come out with some crackers "McMuffin" and Chisora with the whole biting incident they're both plonkers at times but clearly some of the best HW's we have domestically I back Chisora to win, then lose to Price.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

not forgeting the near brawl that happened due to chisora kissing his opponent, chisora is a really funny guy.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm

Oh my God Karl whatshisface that beat Danny Williams on Prizefighter a while back, that was hilarious, to be fair CHisora busted him up pretty badly.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:39 pm

Haha, that was good. Didn't he send a bunch of flowers and chocolates to him aswell due to it being Valentines day?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:01 am

I think Tyson Fury is British title level at best. I think Chisora will stop him late. He's not sending a good message out to his opponent either suggesting he's not ready for Klitschko, when his opponent was scheduled to face him twice recently.

🤦
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:38 am

i hope chisora does fight wlad, wlad has mentioned he would be interested in that fight in england, would love to see how wlad copes away from home, could be the edge chisora needs

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:57 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i hope chisora does fight wlad, wlad has mentioned he would be interested in that fight in england, would love to see how wlad copes away from home, could be the edge chisora needs

Would be happy to see Chisora get a shot at Wlad, especially the rudey poo he's already put up with concerning Klitschko. I think he would give it a go because he knows it's more likely to end in a KO defeat, than on points. Don't think he wouldn't be scared to rough Wlad up either but doubt he's big enough to.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:22 pm

do be fair apart from povetkin, who doesnt seem to happy about the idea, who else if there for wlad to fight?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:38 am

seems fury has changed his mind again

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2011/furys-three-step-plan-greatness-chisora-haye-wlad-klitschko

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:56 am

eddyfightfan wrote:seems fury has changed his mind again

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2011/furys-three-step-plan-greatness-chisora-haye-wlad-klitschko

He ought to make his mind up. I think his plan could fall apart at the first step.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Jul 2011, 3:30 am

if he beats them in that order ill eat my hat

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down