The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer

+8
bogbrush
yloponom68
CaledonianCraig
invisiblecoolers
laverfan
summerblues
Lionel Hutz
Henman Bill
12 posters

Go down

Nadal win or tournament win

Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer Vote_lcap40%Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer Vote_lcap60%Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer Empty Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer

Post by Henman Bill Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm

A: Federer beats Nadal, with the best performance of his career, a pure exhibition of tennis but goes on to lose the final.

B; Nadal is injured and pulls out of the match, giving Fed a walkover. Federer goes on to win the tournament.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer Empty Re: Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer

Post by Lionel Hutz Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:21 pm

B.

Lionel Hutz

Back to top Go down

Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer Empty Re: Federer Fans: What Would You Prefer

Post by summerblues Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Between the two, B obviously.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:36 pm

C: Beats Nadal & wins tournament.
Actually just hope Wawrinka plays his best tennis & same for Nadal & Federer. I am hoping to see new tactics from Federer plus the effects of him using the 98" racquet.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:32 pm

C. (Thanks, NS).

HE's article (with the 20+ minute video) is a reminder of what Nadal can bring to the court.

If C. does happen, it may seal Federer's legacy to Tennis history for a long time to come.

PS: SoCal would prefer a D. Nadal beats Federer and wins the tourney. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:40 pm

I go for C as well, Fed to win the tourney be beating Nadal enroute, what a dream come true for Fed fans.  Very Happy 

But anyways we are already told Nadal carries blisters, so if at all the win happens it will be tainted to prevent Fed fans enjoying  Sad , so better Rafa win it, and then we can all boast how Rafa won the title with 1 hand and 1 leg.  Hug 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:43 pm

It works two ways though ic. If Rafael wins Fed fans will look to dilute it with 'Oh Roger is past his best, Oh Roger is 32 but let's just stretch it to 33'.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by yloponom68 Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 am

Think that whomever wins this semi, will win the title. Stanislav has been astounding but just have a feeling that the final will be a step too far - WITH THE CAVEAT - if it's a 12-10 win for either FedEx or Rafa, then he'll win.

And for crying out loud - blisters, healed back, healed knees, new racquet, age, blah, blah, blah - if anyone who's witnessed the rivalry has learned only one thing - it's that all these things will mean NOTHING when the match comes to the match.

These guys are monsters of the game and wont' be letting anything other than how they're playing in terms of their actual GAMES, come into it. Can see either winning in 3, 4 or 5 sets - it's so up in the air at this point.

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:26 am

laverfan wrote:C. (Thanks, NS).

HE's article (with the 20+ minute video) is a reminder of what Nadal can bring to the court.

If C. does happen, it may seal Federer's legacy to Tennis history for a long time to come.

PS: SoCal would prefer a D. Nadal beats Federer and wins the tourney. Wink
He's been "sealing the legacy" since RG '09 but someone always claims it isn't enough.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:06 am

CC - I think we need a bit of a reality check when it comes to acceptance of just how much age is a key factor as far as Slam-winning prospects go.

It's true that players are indeed better-conditioned and able to take advantage of advances in sports medicine, improved diet regimes, better equipment etc etc.

But seven Bo5 rounds is still quite an ask for anyone, and becomes much more so as the years go by.

Only three players over 32 have won a Slam in the past 45 years - so, a ratio of 1.6% in over 180 Slams

When old players start winning Slams on a reasonably regular basis, I will start to believe age is NOT an issue.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:06 am

Age is evidently not an issue otherwise Fed would not have outlasted Murray. Let us also remember he has had relatively short matches prior to that (in fact very short). And what is that old adage? When you step onto court you are fit enough. May the best man win is what I say and to hell with excuses.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:21 am

It's a difficult one because age obviously is a big factor, yet Fed hasn't looked as fresh and nimble as he has these 2 weeks for a good 2 years.

And yes he did outplay AND outlast Murray, but for the first time in about 5 years it was a match that was going to favour Fed more the longer it went. This one isn't.

He has to win the first set in my opinion. I hope he does win because Fed v Stan would be fun to watch.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:26 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Age is evidently not an issue otherwise Fed would not have outlasted Murray. Let us also remember he has had relatively short matches prior to that (in fact very short). And what is that old adage? When you step onto court you are fit enough. May the best man win is what I say and to hell with excuses.

You seem to have completely ignored lags' post. See Danny's post also - he was always going to outlast Murray, due to Murray's lack of match fitness. It won't happen in this match, though.

I agree that there should be no excuses either way, but discounting age from any and all discussions seems...odd.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:22 am

I voted a. I don't want anyone winning big tournaments because of injury, it sucks.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:57 am

Choosing c is just dodging the question, choosing c was not an option...

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:59 am

Henman Bill wrote:Choosing c is just dodging the question, choosing c was not an option...
Exactly my sentiment.

BTW, nobody selected d:  Lose to Rafa

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down