The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi

+3
laverfan
Jahu
invisiblecoolers
7 posters

Go down

Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi Empty Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 23 May 2014, 3:26 am

For the first time Fed will start as a favorite against Rafa in a FO if they happen to meet in second semi-final knowing the winner will meet Djoko in the finals, coz the last Rafa needs is to lose to Djoko on FO finals to complete a career Grand slam of defeats to one player in GS finals.

As I posted at the start of the clay season Rafa is clearly not happy to play his arch rival and has no game plan to stop him at the moment, this stress is making him mentally saturated, he has lost focus completely this season resulting in losses to person whom he would beat in mid night sleep at clay. picard 

Rafa like Federer of the past is fighting his own demons, no more believes he can stop Djoko and Djoko for his sake plays more comfortably versus Rafa than ordinary players  Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi 1347041234 I won't be surprised if Rafa lose a semifinal against Federer if he knows Djoko already in the finals, Rafa has no shame in losing to a player whom he has beaten 5-0 at this slam, in comparison a defeat at the hand of Djoko will pour in a lot of question against his legacy and he is well aware of it and the pressure is mounting.

In all fairness Djoko deserve a French Open success and one deserves it when he gets it and its gonna be one hell of a task to stop him if he gets past initial rounds, like everybody's fear its more than likely Djoko might fall in the early rounds if he doesn't keep his focus.

I predict Roger to be in Rafa's draw and Stan to be in Djoko's draw but Stan to go down before he reaches semi stage and my prediction is Djoko- Federer finals if the Rafa-Fed semi is played second if not Djoko- Rafa finals and Djoko to complete his career slam.

Djoko- Fed finals is my wish  warning and the Djoko will start 55-45 favorite.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi Empty Re: Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi

Post by Jahu Fri 23 May 2014, 7:32 am

No chance. FO wants Djoko to drop before the final, meaning they want Fed to beat him.

So for the final, they want Nadal there, and anyone else but Djoko.

So Fed-Djoko in same half.

Am I sounding at my best or what?  Laugh 

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi Empty Re: Federer would prefer to be in Rafa's semi

Post by laverfan Fri 23 May 2014, 11:51 am

RG draws are here...

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ms/r1s1.html

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 May 2014, 4:34 pm

If Fed wants to go home a little earlier to be with his 4 kids, then yeah im sure he would prefer Rafa in his half.

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Fri 23 May 2014, 5:17 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:For the first time Fed will start as a favorite against Rafa in a FO

Given their rankings and the amount of clay court matches won by both players this season are you sure about this?
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri 23 May 2014, 5:58 pm

I mostly like your posts invisible, but on RG prospects I don't think your analysis here stands up to scrutiny. Maybe you had a glass or two before writing it ..... Wink 

Wrt Federer v Nadal ...... I'm struggling to see how a near-33 y.o. Fed could start favourite against the King of Clay still (just about) in his prime, a fearsome obstacle who has made this event his very own over countless years *

Wrt Djokovic deserving "a French Open success" ....... I'd say that anyone who can get through seven Bo5 rounds over two weeks deserves the title.  However, nobody - whether named Djokovic or otherwise - "deserves" it by way of divine right.

Try as one might, it's pretty difficult to picture anyone other than one of the two top seeds holding up the RG trophy, with Murray and Wawrinka being the only realistic 'outsiders' IMHO.

* IIRC, The Beatles were top of the charts when Rafa first won RG

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sat 24 May 2014, 8:39 am

Rog aint beaten Rafa in a GS five-setter since 07. Rafa has lost just one match at RG. I think Rog is pretty happy where he is in the draw.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Mon 02 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm

Whistle 
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Tue 24 Jun 2014, 3:19 am

Federer is a good semi-final opponent for Nadal because the points are a lot quicker, so it allows Nadal to enter the final physically fresh and full of confidence. This applies to all slams in which they may meet in a semi.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down