The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora taking a risk?

+8
Izzi
hampo17
hogey
Rowley
TopHat24/7
catchweight
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chisora taking a risk? Empty Chisora taking a risk?

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:02 am

There's an article in the Daily Mail today suggesting that Dereck Chisora has asked his promoter to try and secure him a fight in April in Moscow against Alexander Povetkin with a view to leapfrogging his way to a shot at Wlad.

Both Fury and Chisora were supposedly fighting in mid-April against the fabled TBA with a view to promoting their rematch later in the year. However it appears Chisora isn't wanting to hang around or is perhaps wanting to steal a march on Fury by getting to the ultimate prize sooner rather than later. The Mail suggests it's move not without risk as whilst Povetkin was outclassed by Wlad, he's no mug and suppose given Chisora's limitations, it's fight that could prove to be a bit of a banana skin.

Is Chisora doing the right thing (should the story prove to have any legs)? Whatever, Chisora lacks, it's isn't confidence and a win could see him propelled to the top of the contender tree and, I suppose with the spectre of David Haye still looming/redusing to go away, perhaps Chisora is conscious of the fact that Fury, despite already being jilted twice at the altar, may once again decided to arrange his "Big Fat Boxing Wedding" should Haye give him the bootie call.

Personally, I'm all for Chisora fighting Povetkin as I have zero interest in watching him fight Fury and how anyone can suggest this is a massive British HW clash is beyond me.

Back to top Go down

Chisora taking a risk? Empty Re: Chisora taking a risk?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:04 am

Chisora - Wlad............Really gets the mouth watering doesn't it...

He doesn't lack confidence...Just class and talent.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:08 am

I'd heavily favour Povetkin Dave, how Chisora keeps getting linked with lucrative matchups is beyond me ? He isn't exciting as a personality or as a fighter and has lost every meaningful fight. I hope Povetkin takes this and removes Del Boy from our TV screens.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:11 am

No chance of Chisora going to Russia. They will have the Fury v Chisora fight in the summer and both of them will fight another pair of nobodies in April before it in the Crapper Box where if either of them get in any bother the ref is there to lend a helping hand.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:11 am

Rodney wrote:I'd heavily favour Povetkin Dave, how Chisora keeps getting linked with lucrative matchups is beyond me ? He isn't exciting as a personality or as a fighter and has lost every meaningful fight. I hope Povetkin takes this and removes Del Boy from our TV screens.

Cheers Rodders

Couldn't agree more..........Just a scumbag that appeals to the lowest common denominator......Unfortunately It's enough to acquire a decent following..

Boring...Can't fight.......and has a crud record..

Apart from that he's great..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:12 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Chisora - Wlad............Really gets the mouth watering doesn't it...

Certainly more than Chisora /Fury II.

Given what I saw on Saturday and what will undoubtedly be more of the same in April, I simply don't see it being billed as two fighters on a collision course. Might as well call it "A distinct lack of appealing options."

Froch/Groves gets the juices flowing, Chisora/Fury barely stops the eyelids drooping.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:25 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Chisora - Wlad............Really gets the mouth watering doesn't it...

Given what I saw on Saturday and what will undoubtedly be more of the same in April, I simply don't see it being billed as two fighters on a collision course. Might as well call it "A distinct lack of appealing options."

Froch/Groves gets the juices flowing, Chisora/Fury barely stops the eyelids drooping.

At least with Fury-chisora ..You aren't sure of the result Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

At least with Fury-chisora ..You aren't sure of the result Mate..
No...everyone loses.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:27 am

Speaking like a true Haye fan.... Cool 

But I agree..I'd rather wash the car.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Speaking like a true Haye fan.... Cool 

But I agree..I'd rather wash the car.
I'll bring mine round...as long as you promise to put the star spangled thong on AFTER I've gone home

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:32 am

It's a watchable domestic clash that's what it should be billed as & I guess It wouldn't be scoffed at, because it's not the worst fight in the world. The fact that it's classed as a stadium fight is a little worrying, anyway Fury wins can't see any improvement in Chisora whilst Fury has slightly better fundamentals.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:35 am

Have a feeling warren thinks It's a huge showdown Rodders..........

I know Bunce will If Warren does...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:36 am

Rodney wrote:It's a watchable domestic clash that's what it should be billed as  & I guess It wouldn't be scoffed at, because it's not the worst fight in the world.  The fact that it's classed as a stadium fight is a little worrying, anyway Fury wins can't see any improvement in Chisora whilst Fury has slightly better fundamentals.

Cheers Rodders
The fact they're calling a piddling football ground a stadium speaks volumes.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:37 am

I want to see it but then I have always liked the heavyweights. Its two evenly matched domestic heavyweights in a bit of a pick em. In reality its also a world title door opener which in any other self respecting era would be a farce but in todays rubbish will be good enough. Fury is crap, but I find him watchable because whether hes fighting the local bouncer or a world ranked heavyweight you feel like anythings possible and he does try and put on a show even if it means taking a few whacks to the chin or getting put on his arse. I think hes figured out if you are going to be crap at least be entertaining and that way you will make a bit of money.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:41 am

I'd rather go back in time and have them try to make Bruno/Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:43 am

You not think the fact Lewis beat Mason easily and struggled with Frank....

points to a Bruno blow out.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:43 am

catchweight wrote:No chance of Chisora going to Russia. They will have the Fury v Chisora fight in the summer and both of them will fight another pair of nobodies in April before it in the Crapper Box where if either of them get in any bother the ref is there to lend a helping hand.

See it the same.

Any idea why they aren't just fighting in April? Don't see the point in waiting till summer just for the sake of a 'keep warm' fight in between.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

Because Fury needs about 6 months to actually get in shape

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:46 am

'in shape' being a very fluid term.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:47 am

At least Del looked in decent nick at the weekend, probably only needs to lose another half stone to be in peak condition.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:48 am

Fury is treading water...............He really is............

Needs to get a shop worn Wlad now.........Or he'll be getting Joshua..In a years time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:52 am

What makes you be so sold on Joshua, Truss ?

I thought he was fortunate in the Olympics , ill reserve my judgement after the tomato can process is over.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

I think he is made for the pros Rod......

Huge imposing physique.....Quickish hands for a heavy.........and good power !!!..he's bruno -like In an era when that's more than enough...

Can't see anyone around that matches that.........

Just hope they move him quickly................Like Lomo he's ready now because he can't learn from anyone around the heavy division.....

So not too many stiffs please..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:58 am

Have absolutely no problem with Fury Chisora. Whilst it is certainly not the biggest fight on British soil since Heenan Sayers or whatever other guff Buncey will try and feed us it is a seemingly decent match up between two well matched fighters. The fact that both of them might actually turn up gives it a head start on fights involving some of their domestic heavyweight rivals.

Don’t much care for Chisora or rate him especially highly but he does not lack for ambition and looking to fight Povetkin speaks well of this. Is obviously never going to happen in April, Warren is not risking either guy in a fight that could jeopardize the fight in the summer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:00 pm

He hasn't done anything wrong, you might be right Truss,I'll wait until he ticks a few more box before getting excited.

I agree I hate this period when they are clearly head and shoulders about the opposition, I guess it's about raising the profile but I do wish they'd get a move on. Fighters seem to be millionaires these days before throwing a punch , which concerns me.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:02 pm

Rodney wrote:He hasn't done anything wrong, you might be right Truss,I'll wait until he ticks a few more box before getting excited.

I agree I hate this period when they are clearly head and shoulders about the opposition, I guess it's about raising the profile but I do wish they'd get a move on. Fighters seem to be millionaires these days before throwing a punch , which concerns me.

Cheers Rodders

I agree rodders..............problem is Hearn is feeding his pros a lot of dead meat lately...and It's making his bills boring and tedious....

He's hugely marketable........so It will be stiff galore...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:03 pm

Would like to see him in with Sexton, Towers, MaccyD types.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:04 pm

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/02/fury-sees-anthony-joshua-as-easy-mark-for-him-and-chisora-to-thrash/

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:09 pm

Joshua needs someone like a Kevin Johnson , pretty low risk but who can mess him around a bit. The problem with promoters they'll see this as something that will hinder his immediate marketability rather than an invaluable boxing assignment which will lay sound foundations.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You not think the fact Lewis beat Mason easily and struggled with Frank....

Nope,

Bruno had a mental (inappropriate choice of words perhaps but bear with...) hang-up over the fact that he and Mason were stablemates and friends and I think Bruno lacked a bit of steel in the ring at times. Mason was rough and tough (even with one eye closed and close to defeat he was able to put together on final flurry against Lewis before being stopped) and it's not so far fetched to suggest that he lands on big Frank and then, the tables are turned in his favour.

Bruno/Mason was one of the "ones that got away" in British HW boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/02/fury-sees-anthony-joshua-as-easy-mark-for-him-and-chisora-to-thrash/

Scott Gilfoid writes the worst boxing articles in the world, his knowledge is embarrassingly bad and if he doesnt know anything about fighter he just makes it up, his description of Joshua is ridiculous.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Would like to see him in with Sexton, Towers, MaccyD types.
Said elsewhere that he needs someone with Sexton's experience to pose a few more questions. Towers is garbage and Joshua should walk right through him. Dunno where McDermott is headed in his career but it's hard to know if he's going to show up in the ring.

Joshua, for me has shown a marked improvement since the Olympics (I should bloody well think so since they were nearly two years ago!!!!) but I agree that all they'll do is pad his record out and not learn anything from the David Price fiasco

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:17 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You not think the fact Lewis beat Mason easily and struggled with Frank....

Nope,

Bruno had a mental (inappropriate choice of words perhaps but bear with...) hang-up over the fact that he and Mason were stablemates and friends and I think Bruno lacked a bit of steel in the ring at times. Mason was rough and tough (even with one eye closed and close to defeat he was able to put together on final flurry against Lewis before being stopped) and it's not so far fetched to suggest that he lands on big Frank and then, the tables are turned in his favour.

Can't see him getting past Bruno's jab.........Frank's only mental hang up I ever saw was Tyson 2.......

Beating Lewis early certainly doesn't point to one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:19 pm

I rate Fury, Chisora and even little Hughie as having more talent then the lumbering, arm-punching Joshua. He reminds me a lot of Frank Bruno, a fighter with a ton of muscles, but not much in the way of hand speed, flexibility or power. I thought Joshua lost all four of his fights in the London Olympics, and I came away much more impressed with his opponents Erislandy Savon, Zhilei Zhang, Ivan Dychko and Roberto Cammarelle than I was with him. I thought those four fights were badly scored fights to the extreme, especially the Savon and Cammerelle fights.

Hearn needs to take his time with Joshua, have him trim off 25 pounds of useless muscle, work on his defense, and try to get him to throw with more speed somehow. Joshua pushes his punches like he’s throwing shots in a swimming pool. There’s so much resistance when he throws a shot, and it’s like he’s got something pulling his arms in the opposite direction.

I scanned the article and those paragraphs really stood out as idiotic and stupid writing. I've yet see Joshua throw an arm punch for starters, he throws everything with the intention to hurt and also throws them at speed as show in the Darch fight.

Truss said last week he didn't want our writers to write articles about Fury that only portray him in a good light (which we don't Wink )but this one takes the biscuit. I doubt he's ever watched Joshua fight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Nope,

Can't see him getting past Bruno's jab.........Frank's only mental hang up I ever saw was Tyson 2.......

Beating Lewis early certainly doesn't point to one..
However falling apart late on....DOES!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:24 pm

hogey wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/02/fury-sees-anthony-joshua-as-easy-mark-for-him-and-chisora-to-thrash/

Scott Gilfoid writes the worst boxing articles in the world, his knowledge is embarrassingly bad and if he doesnt know anything about fighter he just makes it up, his description of Joshua is ridiculous.  

I know, it actually makes me angry that he has such an outlet for his retardation. He is someone who needs every article proof-reading, followed by it being dismissed with a massive smack across the chops.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:27 pm

hampo171 wrote:
I rate Fury, Chisora and even little Hughie as having more talent then the lumbering, arm-punching Joshua. He reminds me a lot of Frank Bruno, a fighter with a ton of muscles, but not much in the way of hand speed, flexibility or power. I thought Joshua lost all four of his fights in the London Olympics, and I came away much more impressed with his opponents Erislandy Savon, Zhilei Zhang, Ivan Dychko and Roberto Cammarelle than I was with him. I thought those four fights were badly scored fights to the extreme, especially the Savon and Cammerelle fights.

Hearn needs to take his time with Joshua, have him trim off 25 pounds of useless muscle, work on his defense, and try to get him to throw with more speed somehow. Joshua pushes his punches like he’s throwing shots in a swimming pool. There’s so much resistance when he throws a shot, and it’s like he’s got something pulling his arms in the opposite direction.

I scanned the article and those paragraphs really stood out as idiotic and stupid writing. I've yet see Joshua throw an arm punch for starters, he throws everything with the intention to hurt and also throws them at speed as show in the Darch fight.

Truss said last week he didn't want our writers to write articles about Fury that only portray him in a good light (which we don't Wink)but this one takes the biscuit. I doubt he's ever watched Joshua fight.

He is complete and utter garbage but, on the plus side, he makes v2 magazine look even better than it already is! Smile

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
hogey wrote:

I know, it actually makes me angry that he has such an outlet for his retardation.  He is someone who needs every article proof-reading, followed by it being dismissed with a massive smack across the chops.
Sounds like TRUSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:30 pm

To be fair he got robbed blind in arguably his best performance to date against Helenius. Not entirely sure Povetkin is much of a step up from that to be honest.

Would actually give him a half decent chance against Helenius and think his size and wild looping punches would give Wlad issues... The guy doesn't like being backed up, but Chisora would have to walk through that hammer of a jab and then be prepared to be mauled with his giant daddy long leg arms when he gets on the inside.

Mark my words, Chisora to dethrone Wlad!

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
hogey wrote:

I know, it actually makes me angry that he has such an outlet for his retardation.  He is someone who needs every article proof-reading, followed by it being dismissed with a massive smack across the chops.
Sounds like TRUSS

Could do with some of my stuff Proof reading...I guess.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:39 pm

Izzi wrote:To be fair he got robbed blind in arguably his best performance to date against Helenius. Not entirely sure Povetkin is much of a step up from that to be honest.

Would actually give him a half decent chance against Helenius and think his size and wild looping  punches would give Wlad issues... The guy doesn't like being backed up, but Chisora would have to walk through that hammer of a jab and then be prepared to be mauled with his giant daddy long leg arms when he gets on the inside.

To quote our dear departed Windy...nought out of ten. Of course, I jest....however, Chisora lacks the head movement to slip one in twenty of WK's jabs and when he throws the right, he telegraphs it so much, there's every possibility that Wlad could go home, have a bath, a nap, come back and still avoid the punch.

Of course if Povetkin wins, does that mean we have to endure a rematch or does Povetkin put it of for another five years?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm

Of course there is always the chance of a mini tremor in the auditorium...leading to an almost invisible piece of loose ceiling falling on Wlad's head as Chisora goes to land a jab..

and the ref counting to ten..

We can't rule out all the options..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Of course there is always the chance of a mini tremor in the auditorium...leading to an almost invisible piece of loose ceiling falling on Wlad's head as Chisora goes to land a jab..

and the ref counting to ten..

We can't rule out all the options..
Ceiling? CEILING?!?!?!?!?!

This would be an outdoor football stadium extravaganza.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:46 pm

Maybe a meteorite shower..In Wlad's half of the ring.. thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:49 pm

Izzi wrote:To be fair he got robbed blind in arguably his best performance to date against Helenius. Not entirely sure Povetkin is much of a step up from that to be honest.

Would actually give him a half decent chance against Helenius and think his size and wild looping  punches would give Wlad issues... The guy doesn't like being backed up, but Chisora would have to walk through that hammer of a jab and then be prepared to be mauled with his giant daddy long leg arms when he gets on the inside.

Genuinely can't tell if you're series or on the pisstake.

Being short and throwing wild looping punches is THE way to beat Wlad?????  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Being short and throwing wild looping punches is THE way to beat Wlad?????  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
It is when you're the enigma known as DelBoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:07 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Nah don't give him a prayer. But Chisora is one of a very few men brave enough to stand there and absorb the punishment Wlad will dish out. Also stupid enough to try and cavalry charge him, so at least the fight would be mildly entertaining.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm

Izzi wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Nah don't give him a prayer. But Chisora is one of a very few men brave enough to stand there and absorb the punishment Wlad will dish out. Also stupid enough to try and cavalry charge him, so at least the fight would be mildly entertaining.
Fury might decide to do an impromptu rendition of "Livin' in America" making it mildly hilarious by virtue of being inappropriate and geographically incorrect...still wouldn't give him a chance of winning.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:58 am

I don't know, I give Chisora a chance vs Wlad. A punchers chance, but a chance nonetheless. He managed to hurt Vitali in their fight, and if he can hurt Vitali, I suspect he can drop Wlad. Unlike Haye, he won't be afraid of taking damage to get in there.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:45 am

Vitali has no qualms with people getting up close, he likes a scrap. Wlad is a different animal altogether. He'd keep my two year old daughter at bay if there was the slightest suggestion she might land on him (I reckon she'd knock him spark out as well...she packs a wallop in either hand).

No way in Hell that Wlad allows anyone with a punches chances to get close. He'll be one the back foot and jabbing all night long. Chisora will be wrestled to within an inch of his life if he does manage to get in close

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next