The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salido vs Lomenchenko

+22
joeyjojo618
seanmichaels
ONETWOFOREVER
Herman Jaeger
AlexHuckerby
Sir. badgerhands
Hammersmith harrier
owen10ozzy
Rowley
milkyboy
John Bloody Wayne
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
spencerclarke
hazharrison
Strongback
Valero's Conscience
TopHat24/7
Gerry SA
88Chris05
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Salido vs Lomenchenko  - Page 2 Empty Salido vs Lomenchenko

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

A lot of repeatitive drival about Floyd, Khan etc on here so how about discussing this fire cracker this weekend as there hasn't been much said recently...

Does Lomenchenko have it in him to bypass the experience factor of the pro game to tackle one of the sports toughest names?

Does he deserve to even be fighting for the belt in the first place??

What next for both guys win or lose?

Salido has been in with the best, both winning and losing. Lomenchenko, as talented as he is has never fought over 4 rounds!!

If this fight goes into the middle, late rounds how will the Ukrainian cope?

So many ways to look at this bout and I for one see it as the fight of a fantastic weekend of boxing

Answers on a postcard please

Cheers

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Salido vs Lomenchenko  - Page 2 Empty Re: Salido vs Lomenchenko

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:03 am

Both?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:07 am

Neither. Witches.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:42 am

Truss was wrong yet again!!! Everyone copy and paste his ignorant prediction and remind him of it every time he writes off a veteran like Salido!!!!

Haha oj big lad, but it did show that experience is key
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:45 am

Wrong about Joshua's opponent falling down at the first opportunity ??

Wrong about Crawford winning ?? Nope...

I got this one wrong....Well done  clap  you've never been "Ignorant!!"

.................Go and treat us to another Fury is wonderful article...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:20 am

I for one am glad that Lomachenko lost, I don't like the trend of going by the path of least resistance even if it is only your second fight. Would have been a massive con had he won the title, Salido was gifted it back after losing to Garcia just so Lomachenko had a supposedly easy course to take. Glad it backfired maybe he can about deserving a world title now.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:10 am

Wasn't impressed by Lomenchenko at all last night, he didn't seem to have the power to keep Salido off him, but at the same time Salido got away with a lot of borderline low blows.

Chavez looked good, and looked comfortable at the SMW limit.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:48 am

Il write about Fury when you stop with the Guerrero was a top p4per.

Oh you predicted the Joshua fight!!!??? You're kidding, how did you know he would stop the fat guy???? You should start charging people for your fortune telling services.

Anywhoooooo all that aside, how did you feel when the Antonio Marg type, easy to hit, loser beat the double Olympic medal winner....using the Joshua fight to back up the ignorance is priceless lol
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:51 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Il write about Fury when you stop with the Guerrero was a top p4per.

Oh you predicted the Joshua fight!!!??? You're kidding, how did you know he would stop the fat guy???? You should start charging people for your fortune telling services.

Anywhoooooo all that aside, how did you feel when the Antonio Marg type, easy to hit, loser beat the double Olympic medal winner....using the Joshua fight to back up the ignorance is priceless lol

That's five times you've called me ignorant.........Coupled with the other sarcasm....Very good !! thumbsup 

My advice ?? save it for someone who cares !!  Wink Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:58 am

If I had of took your advice last time I would have taken lomo to win....
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Doesn't it prove taking the longer route is actually beneficial last night though Truss? To befair the guy stood up to Chisora for 9 rounds who is around fringe world level these days at HW and to swat him like a fly was impressive, but of course you can't see it like that.

I'm almost glad Loma lost just for the fact it made you look stupid and ignorant as usual, not that that's very hard to do.

"What's the point of Amir Khan?"

"Amir Khan is a great challenge to Mayweather"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Anyone feel that the Salido not making the weight effected the fight at all? Not seen it so just going from you guys and reports I've read.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Not sure how it makes Truss look stupid and ignorant? He called a fight wrong. Alex and reborn you are both sounding slightly hysterical.

Last night did not necessarily prove Truss wrong. Who learned more last night - Lomenchenko in a hard 12 round defeat or Joshua knocking the can over in a minute? I genuinely do not know. Lomenchenko did show that he is able to compete at world level after one fight however.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:18 pm

We all get it wrong some times. Just a part of the game. Loads of people picked Lomachenko, myself included, I'm not gonna act like I didn't.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:21 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:Not sure how it makes Truss look stupid and ignorant? He called a fight wrong. Alex and reborn you are both sounding slightly hysterical.

Last night did not necessarily prove Truss wrong. Who learned more last night - Lomenchenko in a hard 12 round defeat or Joshua knocking the can over in a minute? I genuinely do not know. Lomenchenko did show that he is able to compete at world level after one fight however.
I think it's the complete dismissal of a fighter he hasn't seen fight Joey, the only insight he gave was Salido having 12 defeats or however many it is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Did the weight have an bearing on the outcome last night??

He was VERY unprofessional coming in over weight then hydrating 20lbs over night ON TOP of that.

A bit of a low blow (literally according to reports) to Lomachenko.

was supposed to be fighting a world champ and a professional one at that.

Salido just decided to forget everything, low blow to victory and come in 3 weight divisions heavier against a novice Pro.

Shame really.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
joeyjojo618 wrote:Not sure how it makes Truss look stupid and ignorant? He called a fight wrong. Alex and reborn you are both sounding slightly hysterical.

I think it's the complete dismissal of a fighter he hasn't seen fight Joey, the only insight he gave was Salido having 12 defeats or however many it is.

Stop starting stuff on here all the time !!...

How do you know I haven't seen him fight.....

So smug and no reason for it....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Well he's not American Truss and he's not fought any notable Americans either aside from Garcia who's Mexican anyway plus your insight into the fight was the amount of losses on his record.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:50 pm

The guy that dismisses Robert Guerrera ad nauseum has spoken...

Let's just say you're right about me not watching Salido.....

I don't want us to argue and both get kicked off..........Because one of us isn't used to it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Interesting you say that, you should check out Salido handing Guerrero his butt on a plate, granted he failed a drug test but still an interesting view.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:42 am

Because of his attitude not just because he got it wrong, I went out on one and said Bute would stop Froch, how absolutely dumb does that seem now? Its the general way he acts and dismisses things, everything he says is a God given fact.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:51 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Loma UD.

6-3 up after 9 but Salido rallies and takes the 10th & 11th, Loma digging deep in the 12th to secure the round and win the title, as well as the accolade of fastest ever world champion.

Well, I was right about the 12th at least!!

Scored it to Loma, personally, but happy with the money I stuck on Salido at 5/1!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 pm

I had it very close and definitely think Salido not making the weight and probably not even trying to gave him a major advantage, the Ref was a disgrace as well and should have not allowed the persistent fouling but he has a history of such shoddy efforts. Loma far from disgraced himself and in a rematch i think would win a comfortable decision the fight Saturaday will have taught him more than any 15 other fights could have about what the pro game is all about and i think we will see a more aggressive fighter in future fights.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Loma knows he only needs to fight like he did in the 12th and he takes him with ease, probably inside the distance.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Don't know re the weight, you can say he didn't try, or that he killed himself trying, before being advised to give it up. Who knows? If anything, salido normally comes on strong but looked spent in the 11th and 12th, though exacerbated by being caught by good work from lomachenko in the 12th.

I thought it was a tough fight to score and although the consensus was for salido, I could see the argument just as easily the other way.

Ref was poor, though salido is the master of the blind side low blow, and lomachenko was doing his fair share of holding too

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:14 pm

milkyboy wrote:Don't know re the weight, you can say he didn't try, or that he killed himself trying, before being advised to give it up. Who knows?

He was given the opportunity to burn off the last 2 lbs and chose not to bother - that's someone with no interest in making weight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:17 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Don't know re the weight, you can say he didn't try, or that he killed himself trying, before being advised to give it up. Who knows?

He was given the opportunity to burn off the last 2 lbs and chose not to bother - that's someone with no interest in making weight.  

He said on HBO that if he had tried to make the weight after originally not making it he would have been in serious trouble, think after not being able to make it he figured he was gonna have to accept it and try and use it to his advantage. He was absolutely gassed in the 11th and 12th when he usually is his element, he was weight drained really.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:27 pm

He was 4 lbs over, before the weigh in, lost 2 of them, was advised by the doctor not to try any further... That's what they said in commentary.

Of course, they could never have tried too hard if he was planning on moving up anyway. None of us know, we're guessing. I'm just going on what my eyes tell me,  and he looked weary when he's normally in his element to me... Of course it could have been lomachenko's fitness that just made it look that way, but on balance I'm not thinking the weight was a huge factor in the fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Milky I think the weight made Loma weary on the inside and made him grab hold a lot more due to him not wanting to exchange with a guy much stronger than him, however it paid it's price at the end in my view with him gassing badly.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Don't remember any of the pre-fight spiel I was listening to ever say he was doctor advised.

Either way I still don't care, fact is he still didn't make the effort to make the weight and should be faced with a stiffer penalty than a ridiculous $15k fine.

He's just pulled out a massive advantage over his opponent ffs.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Perhaps Alex, but even had he made weight he'd have rehydrated to a similar weight. Personally, I Don't think a couple of pounds defines how the fight went, in terms of a contest. However...

I think had he killed himself to make the weight and succeeded he would probably have been dead at the weight and lost.  So clearly it made a difference in that respect.

However dissatisfying it is, we probably got a more competitive fight because he didn't.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:42 pm

We also got a more competitive fight because the ref was a disgrace.

Doesn't make it right.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Yeh terrible how he warned lomachenko for holding them let him do it all fight. Wink

You seem upset by this one toppy. Have you had to chuck away your first class ticket on the lomachenko hype train or something.

He picked on the low hanging fruit, to break a record. The low hanging fruit in this case was hard and dirty. He knew this. He had a right to expect him to come in on weight, and to expect more protection from the ref, but hey this stuff happens in pro boxing. Great learning fight for him. He can come again.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Yet he never even warned Salido for low blows.....?

And when Salido was holding, and I mean properly holding, as in 'for dear life' when in massive trouble, he didn't say a word.

Can't say I'm upset, I actually put my money on Salido at 5/1 and am very happy as a result.

I just don't like dirty fighters, especially ones that get away with it, and think aspects of the sport (e.g. punishments for missing weight) are disgraceful when we're talking about an activity that potentially involves killing your adversary.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Lomachenko did hold from round 2 - 10 every 5 seconds to be fair. But Salido caught him in the grapes more than a few times.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Fair enough toppy, they're reasonable points. I've commented on the low blows earlier.

As fairness goes lomachenko didn't deserve the shot and picked on the easy option. So you could say he got what he deserved for taking too much too soon. You could say the guy who's life was in danger was Salido's had he tried to make the weight. But ultimately that's his responsibility, and personally I thought it was good on lomachenko for taking the fight.

There should be greater penalties, there should be rehydration limits.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:08 pm

Yeah you have to respect Lomachenko, however perhaps he didn't respect Boxing enough?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Not pro boxing in any case.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:46 pm

when an opponent keeps holding, a dig in the gooseberrys is an excellent counter, too much too soon, and probably a good thing, if he won and went on to challenge one of the other champions he may have been badly beaten. he can come back from this and dont think a SD loss against an overweight opponent will affect his confidence at all.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:52 pm

An immensley talented sfw fought a wiley welterweight on the night. Lomenchenko is not someone who cuts weight. Unlike pro's he'll always be in, or around, the sfw limit, come fight night. This is down to his international amateur pedigree (weighing in at sfw, or lw, on the day of the fight). Salido had a huge advantage going into the fight, he didn't kill his body making the infamous 'last 2lb' and rehydrated to immense proportions in comparison to lomenchenko, who was fighting at a more natural weight compared to most pro's.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm

Lomachenko came in at 136lbs which is within the LWW limit, Salido came in at 147lbs which is at the WW limit. There was only one weight division of difference between the two.

Though throwing that argument around is nearly wumming Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:28 pm

It's blatant wumming alex. I must not bite, I must not bite, I must not bite, I must not....

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 am

3fingers wrote:It's blatant wumming alex. I must not bite, I must not bite, I must not bite, I must not....

Haha, yeah Wink

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2