The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are living in different times !!

+7
catchweight
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Strongback
hazharrison
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We are living in different times !! - Page 2 Empty We are living in different times !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

I love the old days..They were great...They weren't great when I was a kid..But they are now..Because we forget the Bad S**t...

We also forget that these guys in the old days fought to eat in hard times...To cloth and bring up their families...

I cannot believe in an age of multiple titles and manipulation of the rankings that these old fighters In a money orientated World and Sport wouldn't chase the easy buck..

Times have changed and not for the better...But and a big but Is that any top fighter would take advantage of the situation..

We are living in different times guys.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

We are living in different times !! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are living in different times !!

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

Here it is:

https://www.606v2.com/t51558-frozen-out-fury-plotting-assault-on-heavyweight-division

And unless you're Stephen Lynch all of a sudden, Truss is indeed once again talking right out his big ignorant American backside.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

We are living in different times !! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are living in different times !!

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm

No worse or more fawning than Truss' "Bradley is an ATG" article, tbh.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm

Is that the article I was referring to ??

wasn't the one I was thinking of Sunny

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:18 pm

Well what the flying f*ck are you talking about then??

Or are you just being a deliberate tw@t??

Also, if you're going to try and be patronising, make sure you get your spelling right otherwise you just look like a bell end.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

Toppy calm down..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:25 pm

Am calm, just laughing at you now. You've become a parody of yourself, it's just funny now.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:29 pm

Just relax....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:32 pm

Will do, whilst I wait for your latest made up post.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:35 pm

Toppykins..This thread was "Yawn boring"...17 of your comments ago !!

Glad to see you've warmed to it !!

Like all good articles It gets better ...like a good wine..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:40 pm

I'm always warm to mocking you Trussy, just wish you made it more of a challenge at times....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:35 pm

No idea what half of yo are talking about in this thread, but to address the OP.

Times have changed, I think we all accept that money dominates the sport, we understand that low risk, high reward is what most (not all) will look for. If the same option was available in football, would Man Utd have chosen Bayern Munich as their next champs league opponents?

However that doesnt mean as fans we shouldnt question fighters decisions, I guess this refers to Floyd - so as an example he wants to make as much money out of boxing as possible - thats fine but at the same time he cant go around proclaiming to be the best ever without meeting his biggest challenges

Thats whats gets me and I think most fans, we are missing the opportunity to see something truly special rather than something thats a bit special but could be more

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidestep Mon 24 Mar 2014, 11:27 pm

This is a great article

Sidestep

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Tue 25 Mar 2014, 6:43 am

Every fighter today cherry picks it's the custom of the sport we now have with different promotors etc and the need to make a fighter into a ppv fighter! There's no point having canelo for instance go from losing to Floyd to fight GGG losing then fighting Martinez and losing! That's called career suicide and although he will be paid well his star power will have collapsed!

Out of the options Floyd has maidana was as good as he's likely to get, could've maybe went for Lara but that's it! Floyd's kinda screwed no matter who he fights! Different fans will pick holes in every fighters record it's easy done

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:30 am

Good article truss, indeed we are living in different times, and it is a shame that money is a bigger factor than legacy these days when it comes to fighters picking fights. However as much as it is the fault of fighters, promoters and tv networks, us fans are just as much to blame for as them. Because no matter how much of a mismatch some fights be, rather than boycott them or not watch them, we still tune in, so the aforementioned people still make money.

If we boycotted mismatches am sure the promoters and the networks would sit down and think "we need to make tougher fights for our guys otherwise we wont make any money". Saying all that even in the days gone by, fighters picked their fights carefully, sugar ray leanord picking the right time to face Hagler was on of them in my opinion. Fighters like Rocky Marciano who like Calzaghe and mayweather has a perfect record faught the best guys on on his reseme towards the end of their careers and didnt fight his biggest rival in floyd patterson. So in that sense things are not as different as they once were its just that, the situation was is alot worse now. But as ive said we fans are just as much to blame for sitting down and taking it rather making stand and voicing our opinions.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:35 am

Truss, come on, I'm still waiting....

Thanks for exposing that nonsense claim by the way Toppy, I never even read that article. But I agree with everything in it...TYSON FURY IS A GOD!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2