The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heino (or replacement) place(s) up for grabs in Rabo run-in

+5
RDW
Jenifer McLadyboy
HammerofThunor
PenfroPete
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
9 posters

Go down

Heino (or replacement) place(s) up for grabs in Rabo run-in Empty Heino (or replacement) place(s) up for grabs in Rabo run-in

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:29 pm

Current table:
Position Club Points
6 Scarlets 41
7 Connacht 34
8 NG Dragons 30
9 Edinburgh 30
10 Cardiff Blues 28

Remaining fixtures/Predictions:

Scarlets:
v Zebre W
v NG Dragons W
@ Cardiff L
v Cardiff W

Connacht:
@ Ulster L
v Munster L
v Cardiff Blues W
@ Ospreys L

NG Dragons:
v Edinbokke W
@ Treviso L
v Ospreys L
@ Scarlets L
v Treviso W

Edinbokke:
@ NG Dragons L
v Cardiff W
@ Zebre W
@ Glasgow L
v Munster L
@ Leinster L

Cardiff Blues:
@ Embra L
@ Connacht L
v Scarlets W
@ Scarlets L

Predicted table w/out bonus points:
Position Club Points
6 Scarlets 53
7= Connacht 38
7= NG Dragons 38
7= Edinburgh 38
10 Cardiff Blues 32

Thoughts?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Heino (or replacement) place(s) up for grabs in Rabo run-in Empty Re: Heino (or replacement) place(s) up for grabs in Rabo run-in

Post by PenfroPete Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:34 pm

SCARLETS all day long
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Heino (or replacement) place(s) up for grabs in Rabo run-in Empty Re: Heino (or replacement) place(s) up for grabs in Rabo run-in

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:37 pm

Theirs to lose, Penfro OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:44 pm

Absolutely ASBO

George mentioned on the other thread that the Scarlets weren't quite out of it for a play-off place but realistically it's beyond them. However, I think they could well get 4 bonus point wins, particularly if the weather stays fair OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:54 pm

Just a quick point when making your predictions -
BLUES v SCARLETS and DRAGONS v TOSSPREYS on Easter Sunday are both at the Millennium Stadium Ale
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 04 Apr 2014, 8:42 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Current table:
Position Club Points
6 Scarlets 41
7 Connacht 34
8 NG Dragons 30
9 Edinburgh 30
10 Cardiff Blues 28

Scarlets:
v Zebre W
v NG Dragons W
@ Cardiff L
v Cardiff W

Connacht:
@ Ulster L
v Munster L
v Cardiff Blues W
@ Ospreys L

NG Dragons:
v Edinbokke W
@ Treviso L
v Ospreys L
@ Scarlets L
v Treviso W

Edinbokke:
@ NG Dragons L
v Cardiff W
@ Zebre W
@ Glasgow L
v Munster L
@ Leinster L

Cardiff Blues:
@ Embra L
@ Connacht L
v Scarlets W
@ Scarlets L

Position Club Points
6 Scarlets 53
7= Connacht 38
7= NG Dragons 38
7= Edinburgh 38
10 Cardiff Blues 32

Thoughts?

Well, that's annoying, the first of my predictions gone south!

Revised current table:
Position Club Points
6 Scarlets 41
7 Edinburgh 34
8 Connacht 34
9 NG Dragons 31
10 Cardiff Blues 28

Scarlets:
v Zebre W
v NG Dragons W
@ Cardiff L
v Cardiff W

Edinbokke:
v Cardiff W
@ Zebre W
@ Glasgow L
v Munster L
@ Leinster L

Connacht:
@ Ulster L
v Munster L
v Cardiff Blues W
@ Ospreys L

NG Dragons:
@ Treviso L
v Ospreys L
@ Scarlets L
v Treviso W

Cardiff Blues:
@ Embra L
@ Connacht L
v Scarlets W
@ Scarlets L

Position Club Points
6 Scarlets 53
7 Edinburgh 42
8 Connacht 38
9 NG Dragons 35
10 Cardiff Blues 32

Still Scarlets to lose

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 04 Apr 2014, 11:38 am

Is it just me who would find it amusing if only the Ospreys got in from Wales but Edinburgh and Glasgow both qualified for Scotland? Especially after their 'victory'.

Unless of course one of our posters is right and the Welsh get two spots minimum.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 04 Apr 2014, 11:45 am

HammerofThunor wrote:Is it just me who would find it amusing if only the Ospreys got in from Wales but Edinburgh and Glasgow both qualified for Scotland? Especially after their 'victory'.

Unless of course one of our posters is right and the Welsh get two spots minimum.
Hmm, depends on your strict definition of 'amusing', Thunor! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 04 Apr 2014, 11:50 am

Enough to make you chuckle a little at the more 'extreme' posters.

It will mean, hopefully, the second tier would be pretty fierce.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 04 Apr 2014, 11:50 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Is it just me who would find it amusing if only the Ospreys got in from Wales but Edinburgh and Glasgow both qualified for Scotland? Especially after their 'victory'.

Hmm, depends on your strict definition of 'amusing', Thunor!  Wink
It would be funny just to prove to yerman that he isn't right. (Which he's not)

Never going to happen though bar Scarlets getting 10 points deducted for acting the bollix or something.

You me and Asbo could play for the Scarlets and they would still win their remaining matches.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm

The Scarlets getting at least 6th spot is pretty much as sure a bet as is possible.

Edinburgh lost it by losing to Connacht and Treviso recently. If they had won those it would have been a very interesting run in!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:04 pm

Sorry Hammer/Jenny, but I've missed something. Could you elaborate on 'their victory' ?? Cheers  OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:11 pm

Presume he means Scotland getting thrashed in the 6N

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:24 pm

PenfroPete wrote:

Sorry Hammer/Jenny, but I've missed something. Could you elaborate on 'their victory' ?? Cheers  OK

The 'They' in 'Their' are the more extreme 'fans', not really many (any?) on here. And unfortunately I would would see humour in a situation that saw them pulled down a little, even though it would be bad for many other good fans. I am a very disturbed individual who does derive pleasure from some peoples misfortune.

PS I used to think some of the Welsh fans on here were a bit extreme but compared to some out there...boy, our's are angels.

PPS I'm sure there are plenty of complete knobs from all countries out there, it's just a seen a few of the Welsh ones during all this Europe, WRU deal, etc, palarver

EDIT: Jen, no, I referring to the amazing deal the Regions had managed to negotiate themselves by speaking to the PRL before anyone else. The 2 spot minimum is one thing, the claim they were getting more money than anyone else. I don't even know if these things are true as they're just based on a random internet nutters.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:44 pm

Thunor, I know what you mean - and I'm sure that Pete would accept that there are even posters on here who do down the Rabo at every opportunity as part of the internecine conflict between the union and the regions in Wales, and who gloat over what they (wrongly imo) perceive as a victory in the European cup battle and a loss for their Celtalian brethren

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 04 Apr 2014, 1:17 pm

Cheers guys, thanks for the clarification. Not seen that claim about the 'minimum 2 spots' , just glad that we've not gone down the Top 7 only route. For me, it's vital that every country has at least one team OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 04 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Cheers guys, thanks for the clarification. Not seen that claim about the 'minimum 2 spots' , just glad that we've not gone down the Top 7 only route. For me, it's vital that every country has at least one team OK

As far as I'm aware there is only one guy making that claim on here, from some sort of insider information (LordDowlais). I believe it was for the Welsh only and the Irish, Scots and Italians would only get one (minimum). Currently most of us are skeptical of this but you never know.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 04 Apr 2014, 1:48 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:Cheers guys, thanks for the clarification. Not seen that claim about the 'minimum 2 spots' , just glad that we've not gone down the Top 7 only route. For me, it's vital that every country has at least one team OK

As far as I'm aware there is only one guy making that claim on here, from some sort of insider information (LordDowlais).  I believe it was for the Welsh only and the Irish, Scots and Italians would only get one (minimum).  Currently most of us are skeptical of this but you never know.

Well, I certainly hope it's NOT true
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Fri 04 Apr 2014, 1:54 pm

The is no way on Gods earth the Irish would agree to the Welsh getting 2 spots guaranteed and the Irish only getting 1 - no chances, nadir, no

Utter cowpat

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 04 Apr 2014, 2:21 pm

It's got to be said, I've been trawling for information on the format and qualifying from every media outlet, every forum, from all forms of social media and from every smug git who claims to have a hotline to people who matter and the only person I've seen say that Wales or Ireland are guaranteed two places is on here.

I think it's almost certainly untrue.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 04 Apr 2014, 9:55 pm

It looks like after Scarlets beat Connacht they will take 6th.

You would have to feel that Connacht and Edinburgh have to be kicking themselves from their bad starts.

Does anyone know if there is any play-off spots for the Rabo this year. Have to feel if there is that will be some race.

have to say it is good to see the tightness of the places at the top and middle and the Italians are only 2/3 wins away from making the bottom even tighter.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:15 am

Edinbokke have chucked even the slim chance that they had away with their loss to Blues - Scarlets all the way now

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:22 am

Realistically ASBO we had chucked it when we lost to Connacht and Treviso. It was still mathematically possible after than but given the Scarlet's run of games we had to be ahead of them going into the final fixtures.

Edinburgh's season looks to be going out like it started - in a whimper.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:34 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Realistically ASBO we had chucked it when we lost to Connacht and Treviso.  It was still mathematically possible after than but given the Scarlet's run of games we had to be ahead of them going into the final fixtures.

Edinburgh's season looks to be going out like it started - in a whimper.

True, that, RDW - bit of a disappointing end - might as well throw in the towel for the 1872 Cup and do your betters a favour? Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:38 am

Laugh 

I said last year that I would be quite happy to lose to Glasgow if it meant they qualified for the playoffs, but I really really, want to win that cup!

The ideal situation would be us to win the cup and Glasgow still to qualifiy, but given that Glasgow will probably face Munster or Leinster away in the semi finals they will probably lose anyway, so it doesn't really matter if Edinburgh win!  Wink 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:39 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Laugh 

I said last year that I would be quite happy to lose to Glasgow if it meant they qualified for the playoffs, but I really really, want to win that cup!

The ideal situation would be us to win the cup and Glasgow still to qualifiy, but given that Glasgow will probably face Munster or Leinster away in the semi finals they will probably lose anyway, so it doesn't really matter if Edinburgh win!  Wink 

Hmm, check the other thread!  Cool 

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:53 am

Do you want your threads merged, mate?

Let me know: this one in t'other... or t'other way 'round?

(hurry... because an NRL match starts in 7 minutes...)  Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:58 am

Linebreaker wrote:Do you want your threads merged, mate?

Hmm, no thanks, breaker - two different focuses (or foci - never know with that one!) OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Apr 2014, 10:02 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Do you want your threads merged, mate?

Hmm, no thanks, breaker - two different focuses (or foci - never know with that one!) OK

Got it... spotted the difference!  Makes complete sense. OK 

(I do need glasses...)

0-0 after 1:05  Smile 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down