The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
TopoftheChops
lorus59
hend085
Davie
dynamark
I'm never wrong
gaelgowfer
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
JAS
MontysMerkin
raycastleunited
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
westisbest
golfermartin
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
skyeman
incontinentia
GunsGerms
beninho
Diggers
Duty281
31 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Instead of a protest vote, then its better to spoil your ballot.

Ukip are dangerous because some people actually believe what they say, and they target the middle classes in areas of law multi culturalism - ( if thats a word). And as gets shown every now and then, the Councillors they put up have been shown as a bit racist. But its easy for them to make grand statements, because realistically they will not get voted in and have to back up the statements they have made.  

Have no fear, the nutters are getting kicked out at regular intervals.

And some people may believe what they say for, a lot of the time, it's common sense.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 May 2014, 10:27 pm

Diggers wrote:Navy, I'm sorry but they they constantly point it out. Milliband was doing just that on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday. All three parties talk about UKIPs lack of policy all the time.
The fact is that those who support UKIP don't care, it's those two policies they want to see.
No, they don't. Not really and not in any way successfully. The sort of people they need to aim at don't watch Andrew Marr!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 May 2014, 10:30 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

Please show me the data that proves immigration in its current form poses any problem to the UK.  If this does not exist - which it doesn't - then how can a vote for UKIP be based on anything other than an ideology of hate.
Jeeeezus! It's not me that has to supply the data! The perception is immigration is a -ve. YOU (or those of your position) need to provide the argument/evidence. The status quo means you are going to lose the 'argument'.
If there's no problem from immigration (which I don't accept de facto as the argument is very wide-ranging), then it should be easy to convince a doubter. Prove it....

Last edited by navyblueshorts on Wed 28 May 2014, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 28 May 2014, 10:31 pm

Guys, it's the same all over Europe: Anti-EU and anti-immigration parties had good elections all over Europe.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 May 2014, 10:32 pm

Diggers wrote:Mac, I believe it's been proved to be very dangerous when Romanians move in next door.
No, it hasn't. But that kind of superior, flippant disregard of the issue is what's wrong. Make the case. I'm not even a UKIP voter btw but it's so obvious that not enough is being done to provide a coherent, evidence-based argument to dispute UKIPs points.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 28 May 2014, 10:35 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:Navy, I'm sorry but they they constantly point it out. Milliband was doing just that on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday. All three parties talk about UKIPs lack of policy all the time.
The fact is that those who support UKIP don't care, it's those two policies they want to see.
No, they don't. Not really and not in any way successfully. The sort of people they need to aim at don't watch Andrew Marr!

Yes they do. Let's face it you've more or less said you can't be arsed to take an interest so I'm not really sure how you can come out with statements like that which quite frankly is a load of tosh.
Perhaps you think Cameron should pop round and explain it to you  personally? Alternatively you could read any political column or watch any political program and you would quickly see you are utterly wrong.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 May 2014, 10:44 pm

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes they do. Let's face it you've more or less said you can't be arsed to take an interest so I'm not really sure how you can come out with statements like that which quite frankly is a load of tosh.
Perhaps you think Cameron should pop round and explain it to you  personally? Alternatively you could read any political column or watch any political program and you would quickly see you are utterly wrong.
Don't be ridiculous. You're not convincing me one iota. There's a problem. You can stick your head in the sand all you want but it's not going away anytime soon. No skin off my nose really.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 28 May 2014, 10:51 pm

The problem is that intelligent, educated people like you who could so easily be better informed can't be bothered. And then you blame the parties.
Where else are politicians meant to put their views forward on UKIP other than in the political media? If people aren't interested then they just aren't interested.
Also they have to be careful re UKIP, simply slate them and then people say its just negative politics.
Sorry but blaming the parties for me is just a cop out.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 28 May 2014, 10:55 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

Please show me the data that proves immigration in its current form poses any problem to the UK.  If this does not exist - which it doesn't - then how can a vote for UKIP be based on anything other than an ideology of hate.

Note for Diggers:  the following is what is known as a link - something which you failed to include to support two points you made last evening which led me to conclude you (and Mac for that matter) were on the wind-up.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/27/net-migration-uk-jumps-30-percent

A shock rise of more than 30% over the past year in net migration to Britain to 212,000 has dashed Conservative hopes of meeting their target of bringing the figure below 100,000 before the general election.

Is that sufficient evidence for you Mac?

I repeat again for the hard of understanding; mainstream parties are continuing to ignore british citizens concerns regarding the future wellbeing of this once great nation.  That is the only reason I voted for UKIP.  I repeat, it was a protest vote and nothing more than that.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 May 2014, 11:01 pm

:shrug: I take some of your reasoning but the point is, there's a problem. The parties are to blame. I could make more of the running I guess but I have far more that's important to my life right now - something I suspect millions of others would say.
They want my vote - make a better case. Or better still, make any sort of case at all. Have some principles. Stand for something. Tell the truth. Etc, etc, etc.
Re. UKIP, there's demonstrably an issue. It's not enough to say "Hey! Lazy! Get out there and find out more!".
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 28 May 2014, 11:01 pm

Gael, this is a forum for debate, not data analysis. I don't even know what point you are referring to as I haven't even spoken in any detail about immigration on here.
So my opinion is that a protest vote only shows support for a dangerous party like UKIP, it's not a smart move in my opinion to give then any form of platform.
That said a poll has shown that over half UKIP voters will stand by them. I dont have a link, I heard that on the radio and am assuming Radio Sussex were telling the truth.

Last edited by Diggers on Wed 28 May 2014, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 28 May 2014, 11:04 pm

Navy, shrug, fair enough. All adds up to apathy as far as I can see though.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 May 2014, 11:11 pm

Diggers wrote:Navy, shrug, fair enough. All adds up to apathy as far as I can see though.
Maybe and it's not to say I don't feel some guilt about the way I feel. The fact is though, there's obviously an issue. I suspect that most politicians don't actually care though as long as they get their next term as an MP. Too many career politicians now. They don't care what % of the population vote as long as they're in.
Personally, I blame Bliar. Seems reasonable to me!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 28 May 2014, 11:15 pm

Navy, as moderator, can we have a dedicated politics and religion thread, as these are very popular topics on here.

Then we can call this thread "Drive4show anything but golf, religion and politics thread"  Very Happy

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 28 May 2014, 11:16 pm

Well Tony turned out to a big disappointment, this is true. But I blame Thatcher myself.
A career politician seems a dodgy route to me, relatively poor pay for the calibre of people who go into it and clearly precarious. Plus you get slagged by everyone for being an MP even if you are doing it for completely good reasons and work your butt off.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 May 2014, 11:22 pm

raycastleunited wrote:Navy, as moderator, can we have a dedicated politics and religion thread, as these are very popular topics on here.

Then we can call this thread "Drive4show anything but golf, religion and politics thread"  Very Happy
Well, a while back, politics etc were allowed on the 'Off Topic' area of the Forum but a few people repeatedly had some heated arguments so basically, it wasn't allowed again. Not sure on the current status though.
Religion does get a bit too frequent airing around here, that's for sure!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 May 2014, 11:38 pm

Gael

That link shows that on average about 200,000 migrants come to the UK every year. At no point is it mentioned whether that is negative or positive thing for the UK. Unless of course you have a basic objection to people moving to this country regardless of the benefit or cost associated with that?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 12:06 am

Diggers wrote:...But I blame Thatcher myself...
Well, she's definitely worth blaming, that's for sure!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 6:58 am

I don't think anyone can be against immigration providing that people are bringing skills which are in short supply, there is sufficient infrastructure to support the additional people and that they aren't here for the benefits.
If all those requirements are met, I've no objection to 500,000 people coming in.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 7:46 am

raycastleunited wrote:Navy, as moderator, can we have a dedicated politics and religion thread, as these are very popular topics on here.

Amen to that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 12:05 pm

super_realist wrote:I don't think anyone can be against immigration providing that people are bringing skills which are in short supply, there is sufficient infrastructure to support the additional people and that they aren't here for the benefits.
If all those requirements are met, I've no objection to 500,000 people coming in.

500000 is a lot of people to go to live in the Independent Republic of Scotland SR.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 12:09 pm

Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:I don't think anyone can be against immigration providing that people are bringing skills which are in short supply, there is sufficient infrastructure to support the additional people and that they aren't here for the benefits.

500000 is a lot of people to go to live in the Independent Republic of Scotland SR.

Steady Diggers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 12:24 pm

Diggers wrote:Gael, this is a forum for debate, not data analysis. I don't even know what point you are referring to as I haven't even spoken in any detail about immigration on here.

That said a poll has shown that over half UKIP voters will stand by them. I dont have a link, I heard that on the radio and am assuming Radio Sussex were telling the truth.

Diggers, this is what you said ...

In fact a poll today said for the first time more people were pro Euro membership than against.

You made no attempt to back up such an assertion with any hard evidence as to the source of this poll.  Still, given its source ... Radio Sussex Rolling Eyes  ... I can well understand why you were reluctant to name it!

So my opinion is that a protest vote only shows support for a dangerous party like UKIP, it's not a smart move in my opinion to give then any form of platform.

Complete and utter overreaction.  There's a vast difference between voting in a European election and a General election not least of which, in this case, was the vastly reduced number of voters voting in the former.  UKIP has done its job of applying some much-needed rattling of cages to shake mainstream parties out of their collective inertia.  You might be happy to be part of a non people elected federalised Europe but I'm not.  In any event, if Tony B. Liar had not denied the british people a promised referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, then it would, in all likelihood never have been necessary for me to vote for UKIP in the first place!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 12:26 pm

Of course, you'd never over-react on a subject would you Gael?

Trump?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 12:29 pm

super_realist ... never seem to see your name on the list of browsers using this forum.  Why is that?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 12:34 pm

What do you mean?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 12:38 pm

Whether you agree or not your vote has helped give UKIP a platform. People who didn't vote see the UKIP success and think hang on maybe they are mainstream...Ill get on that bandwagon.
This election asked a lot more questions than previous a Euro elections, it had a lot of importance IMO.
Hey Gael, it's your vote use it as you like, I just think you made a mistake.
I won't be providing links, if you are that bothered you'll find them and if you choose not to believe me it's hardly the end of my world is it.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 12:39 pm

It's a simple enough question sr.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 12:45 pm

What are you referring to? What list of "browsers"?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 May 2014, 12:55 pm

Super,

When you are browsing the forum, any posts you have made should have an "online" tag next to your name.

Underneath the list of threads there is also a list of members currently online.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 1:03 pm

Diggers wrote:Whether you agree or not your vote has helped give UKIP a platform. People who didn't vote see the UKIP success and think hang on maybe they are mainstream...Ill get on that bandwagon.

Is that the best you can do?

This election asked a lot more questions than previous a Euro elections, it had a lot of importance IMO.
Hey Gael, it's your vote use it as you like, I just think you made a mistake.

Ok, so voting for a teary-eyed big Jessie (would you really want Clegg to go head to head with Putin?) isn't a mistake?

I won't be providing links, if you are that bothered you'll find them and if you choose not to believe me it's hardly the end of my world is it.

Well, given the source of your information, it was entirely appropriate for me to question your assertion.  

If you're going to put up comments like this ...

In fact a poll today said for the first time more people were pro Euro membership than against.

... then I don't think it unreasonable to ask where such information was sourced.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 29 May 2014, 1:04 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:super_realist ... never seem to see your name on the list of browsers using this forum.  Why is that?

It could be he's on a mobile device connected over 3G.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 1:06 pm

Sr is the scarlet pimpernel of the forum.  But it's more than likely due to his work IP.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 1:07 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:
gaelgowfer wrote:super_realist ... never seem to see your name on the list of browsers using this forum.  Why is that?

It could be he's on a mobile device connected over 3G.

Bob, you're talking to an old chook here.  What the 'ell is a 3G? Headscratch

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 1:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Sr is the scarlet pimpernel of the forum.  But it's more than likely due to his work IP.

Oakey, I just thought you had to be registered in order to post.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 29 May 2014, 1:13 pm

3G - Third Generation. A higher speed data connection supported over the mobile phone network. However, it's not an "always on" connection like a traditional broadband connections is, so your "presence" is not always handled correctly.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 1:13 pm

You do. But certain internet firewalls, internet providers, protocols work differently within the constraints of the coding of the forum,It's a mine field out there

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 1:14 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:3G - Third Generation.  A higher speed data connection supported over the mobile phone network.  However, it's not an "always on" connection like a traditional broadband connections is, so your "presence" is not always handled correctly.

Cough cough. I have 4g on the move... And most will have H or 3.5g old fella  Whistle

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 1:15 pm

Gael, no need to have a pop at me just because you are dumb enough to vote for a bog eyed right wing lunatic like Farage.
One word..sucker.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 1:27 pm

Diggers wrote:Gael, no need to have a pop at me just because you are dumb enough to vote for a bog eyed right wing lunatic like Farage.
One word..sucker.
Mmm. Really constructive! Insulting. Anything else? May as well talk to a brick wall. You (and others holding the same opinions re. why UKIP polled votes) are just compounding any problems with weaning people off UKIP. Who's the real sucker? Those that take their vote elsewhere (i.e. UKIP) for a change/to make a point or those that blindly follow the same old failures spouting their same old PR-washed crap? I'm tending towards the latter as the real suckers....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 29 May 2014, 1:32 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Bob_the_Job wrote:3G - Third Generation.  A higher speed data connection supported over the mobile phone network.  However, it's not an "always on" connection like a traditional broadband connections is, so your "presence" is not always handled correctly.

Cough cough. I have 4g on the move... And most will have H or 3.5g old fella  Whistle

Good for you, so have I, but I was speculating a possible answer to Gael's questions so I'm not sure what your point is.  As it happens, "3.5G" or HSDPA is not a persisted network connection either so presence and location information can also drop out.

Last edited by Bob_the_Job on Thu 29 May 2014, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 1:33 pm

Strewth Navy, sense of humour crisis.
The real sucker is the bloke who can't be bothered to vote and blames everyone else. Sound familiar, you know that bloke ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 May 2014, 1:35 pm

Navy you seem to be confused.

Why do you see UKIP as the only alternate vote to the three main parties?  If all you want to do is lower the votes they get then why not pick a party with more palatable policies, like the greens for example.

One aspect of a UKIP vote may be a protest/anti EU message to Dave and Ed, but you would have to be totally ignorant not to realise voting UKIP is also condoning many very dangerous right wing ideas.  UKIP are anti women, anti NHS, anti workers rights and much more.

So what point is really being made when someone votes UKIP?  As I said, why not make a better point and vote green, who by the way, are willing to offer a referendum on the form of our EU membership.

So diggers is perfectly correct in what he had to say, and I can't understand why you are condoning voting for UKIP.

Last edited by McLaren on Thu 29 May 2014, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 1:38 pm

Starting to think mac isn't a wum anymore. It's confusing and distressing me..

Have you got laid recently Mac?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 1:38 pm

McLaren wrote:Super,

When you are browsing the forum, any posts you have made should have an "online" tag next to your name.

Underneath the list of threads there is also a list of members currently online.

Not quite sure why Gael is scouring the "browser list" to see who is online or not.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 1:41 pm

super_realist wrote:

Not quite sure why Gael is scouring the "browser list" to see who is online or not.

She likes you. Yes a woman likes you SR ..  Hug

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 29 May 2014, 1:44 pm

super_realist wrote:

It's also a profile choice in preferences where you can choose to hide your online status or not. Those that don't have the "online" tag next to their posts when they are connected. Not sure what the default setting is; maybe SR didn't change it.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 1:45 pm

I probably did just that Grumpy. This forum has been going a long time.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 1:48 pm

Moving on from sniping at Gael, what about that women being stoned in Pakistan and by her own family.
In what sort of retarded logic does the "dishonouring" of ones family come before the love for your children?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 1:51 pm

Yes stoning is bad. We all agree on that one.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 29 May 2014, 1:55 pm

The guy from one direction, is a big fan of it....

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next