The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
TopoftheChops
lorus59
hend085
Davie
dynamark
I'm never wrong
gaelgowfer
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
JAS
MontysMerkin
raycastleunited
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
westisbest
golfermartin
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
skyeman
incontinentia
GunsGerms
beninho
Diggers
Duty281
31 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Instead of a protest vote, then its better to spoil your ballot.

Ukip are dangerous because some people actually believe what they say, and they target the middle classes in areas of law multi culturalism - ( if thats a word). And as gets shown every now and then, the Councillors they put up have been shown as a bit racist. But its easy for them to make grand statements, because realistically they will not get voted in and have to back up the statements they have made.  

Have no fear, the nutters are getting kicked out at regular intervals.

And some people may believe what they say for, a lot of the time, it's common sense.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 1:59 pm

Who and what? I am Not up on the gossip pages Ben.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 2:16 pm

Diggers wrote:Gael, no need to have a pop at me just because you are dumb enough to vote for a bog eyed right wing lunatic like Farage.
One word..sucker.

Oh dear, I've certainly rattled your cage. thumbsup 

So much for debate. Whistle

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 29 May 2014, 2:18 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Sr is the scarlet pimpernel of the forum.  But it's more than likely due to his work IP.
SR is the MacAdder of the forum. The most dangerous man ever to wear a skirt in Europe.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 2:21 pm

More importantly who is watching Froch v Groves? Real pick em fight, think Groves this time but to be honest any result wouldn't surprise me.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 2:25 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:3G - Third Generation.  A higher speed data connection supported over the mobile phone network.  However, it's not an "always on" connection like a traditional broadband connections is, so your "presence" is not always handled correctly.

Thanks for that (and to you oakey). OK

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 May 2014, 2:26 pm

Diggers wrote:More importantly who is watching Froch v Groves? Real pick em fight, think Groves this time but to be honest any result wouldn't surprise me.

Watching boxing might be the only thing more moronic than voting UKIP.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 2:39 pm

Diggers wrote:Strewth Navy, sense of humour crisis.
The real sucker is the bloke who can't be bothered to vote and blames everyone else. Sound familiar, you know that bloke ?
Your humour got lost in translation I'm afraid.
I know him. Think he's the sucker? I don't. I know what the implications are. Those that blindly follow the same thing, time after time after time, would appear to have more of a problem to me.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 2:47 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy you seem to be confused.

Why do you see UKIP as the only alternate vote to the three main parties?  If all you want to do is lower the votes they get then why not pick a party with more palatable policies, like the greens for example.

One aspect of a UKIP vote may be a protest/anti EU message to Dave and Ed, but you would have to be totally ignorant not to realise voting UKIP is also condoning many very dangerous right wing ideas.  UKIP are anti women, anti NHS, anti workers rights and much more.

So what point is really being made when someone votes UKIP?  As I said, why not make a better point and vote green, who by the way, are willing to offer a referendum on the form of our EU membership.

So diggers is perfectly correct in what he had to say, and I can't understand why you are condoning voting for UKIP.
Absolute bollox. You're right, people could vote for the greens but, get this, they're concerned about immigration and the effect that has on the U.K. Voting Green would be a big boon to that cause wouldn't it? You seem to be more confused than I it would seem.
You're typical of the luvvie media re. UKIP I'm afraid. Are you telling me that the Tories, Labour etc don't have anyone with extremist views? Don't make me laugh.
Again you say someone voting UKIP would have to be "totally ignorant". Are you quite so arrogant as you appear to be? Just because you don't either understand it or agree with it does not make those that vote UKIP ignorant. You want to make them more entrenched? You keep lambasting them with your supercilious, superior nonsense about how "ignorant" they are.

McLaren wrote:Watching boxing might be the only thing more moronic than voting UKIP.
Jeeeeezus! There's no end to your stupidity is there? picard

On the subject of Froch-Groves, I'm hoping Froch but could go either way. At least it's a genuine competition.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 2:51 pm

Can't stand the Green party.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 29 May 2014, 2:52 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:
Bob_the_Job wrote:3G - Third Generation.  A higher speed data connection supported over the mobile phone network.  However, it's not an "always on" connection like a traditional broadband connections is, so your "presence" is not always handled correctly.

Thanks for that (and to you oakey). OK

Interesting information but not strictly correct. 3G may not be an "always on" connection but that is nothing to do with whether people show as "online" here or not. Forums like these have a "logged in" timeout (something like 15 minutes. So if you logged in, made a post, then disconnected your broadband, you would still show as "online" for 15 minutes or whatever it is

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 May 2014, 2:53 pm

Navy

You mean the luvvie media that hyped UKIP to the point where every fool in the land was brainwashed into voting for Nige?

So, if i am understanding you correctly, you think it is ok to vote for a party that has a long list of horrendous policies that might really damage peoples lives, as long as they have one policy that might be vaguely to your liking? The sad thing is, that UKIP voters are the very people UKIP would cruch if given any power.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 2:54 pm

Mac, I think UKIP have about 10% of the vote.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 May 2014, 2:56 pm

Super

I tried to make that point much earlier in the thread. The media love the UKIP hype, is there anything more to UKIPs current status?

The real story should have been that Ed won another election and that a small proportion of people are bigots.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 3:04 pm

Ed is as much of a knobhead as Farage

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 3:05 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
The real sucker is the bloke who can't be bothered to vote and blames everyone else. Sound familiar, you know that bloke ?
I know him. Think he's the sucker? I don't. I know what the implications are. Those that blindly follow the same thing, time after time after time, would appear to have more of a problem to me.

Blindly following the blind? Well as I seem to be the one who actually reads the political press and listens to what all of the parties say through the political media, them make an informed choice, then Id say Im somewhat less blind than say you.
However you spin it not voting is just a kop out. Especially when bizarrely you still have such strong opinions. How ironic.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 3:18 pm

Here is the UKIP irony, Cameron promises a 2017 in out EU referendum..just what UKIP allegedly wants.
Yet who is the biggest threat to a Tory win in the next GE, yep only UKIP.
Protest vote...hilarious.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 3:23 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

You mean the luvvie media that hyped UKIP to the point where every fool in the land was brainwashed into voting for Nige?

So, if i am understanding you correctly, you think it is ok to vote for a party that has a long list of horrendous policies that might really damage peoples lives, as long as they have one policy that might be vaguely to your liking? The sad thing is, that UKIP voters are the very people UKIP would cruch if given any power.
Oh whatever Mac. The luvvie media didn't hype UKIP at all, certainly not in the way you're implying. Your evidence for the horrendous outcomes of any UKIP policies? It's your opinion only. Simply going "Oh! The Bogie Man!! Run away!" isn't going to convince anyone not to vote UKIP.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 3:25 pm

Don't you get it Navy, if your opinions aren't precisely the same as Mac, you're a racist, immoral, sexist, homophobic, Daily Mail reading, Tory voting bigot.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 3:28 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

I tried to make that point much earlier in the thread.  The media love the UKIP hype, is  there anything more to UKIPs current status?

The real story should have been that Ed won another election and that a small proportion of people are bigots.
Yet again you're being a willfully ignorant arse. Who cares if it was 10%? What % increase in Council seats did they get this time? What % increase in MEPs? That's the important issue but, as most people confronted with an inconvenient fact do, you big up something to play down the bit you don't like.
As for the bigot remark, apart from the fact it, yet again, simply plays up the fact of your conceited arrogance, you should look up your dictionary definition. There's no religion involved here.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 29 May 2014, 3:30 pm

Diggers wrote:More importantly who is watching Froch v Groves? Real pick em fight, think Groves this time but to be honest any result wouldn't surprise me.

I'm watching, although am not overly happy about having to fork out £17 to do it (i have, mind you). I'm not a big Froch fan - seemingly unlike the rest of the country - so would like to see Groves beat him. Just hope it doesn't go on too long as i have early golf on Sunday ha!
They should have arranged it so the England game and the boxing were on the same day. Would have made the relationship with the other half less strained.......
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 3:32 pm

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Blindly following the blind? Well as I seem to be the one who actually reads the political press and listens to what all of the parties say through the political media, them make an informed choice, then Id say Im somewhat less blind than say you.
However you spin it not voting is just a kop out. Especially when bizarrely you still have such strong opinions. How ironic.
Good for you. You know how crap they are and still you vote for them. Actually, I wasn't referring directly to you last time but you seem to take it that I was. Odd.

Done with this discussion I think. A lot of sound and fury meaning very little at the end of the day.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 May 2014, 3:34 pm

super_realist wrote:Don't you get it Navy, if your opinions aren't precisely the same as Mac, you're a racist, immoral, sexist, homophobic, Daily Mail reading, Tory voting bigot.
Ahhhhhh! Sorry. Duh! Of course. I forgot that bit.... picard
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 3:37 pm

Diggers, it's much more likely it'll be lib-dem and labour who will scupper any hope of a referendum.  Once again the british people will be denied a referendum on Europe.      

Incidentally, difficult not to notice that both you and Mac have failed to address Tony B. Liar's treacherous betrayal in denying the british people a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. Why is that?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 3:43 pm

Quite simple Gael, the Lisbon Treaty was changed after Blairs promise so any referendum wouldn't have been based on the same treaty as the one promised, besides politicians always break promises.

I can't believe I'm defending that religitard Blair, but there you go.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 3:46 pm

Gael, it's not my job to defend Blair, how do you even know I vote Labour? I'm a Liberal at heart.
Also I hardly think campaigning to win a GE with a full set of policies is scuppering a referendum. There is no protest vote element in voting Labour or Liberal.
Just so you know Id be for a referendum, it would kill UKIP, and the longer we wait and the more people I'll advisedly vote for UKIP, the worse it gets.
But I still wouldn't ever vote Tory as all the rest of their policies I don't agree with.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 29 May 2014, 3:53 pm

Predictions for the summer.

England semi final, Rooney to score 3 goals in the tourny. France to win it.. Giroud golden boot..... Yes you heard me right!!!!

England 1 - 2 NZ in the Rugby

Wales to lose all games v the boks.

England to lose all tests v SL Sad  but root will shine

Westy to win a major( I won't give up on him)

USA to win the Ryder cup. The young uns are coming through..

Murray for Wimbledon.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 May 2014, 3:53 pm

Navy

If UKIP voters were shown evidence that immigration was a benefit to the UK they would still want to close the borders.  How can you fail to see that?

Hence it is very easy to claim they are bigoted and ignorant.

gael

I would currently trust europe to run our country compared to the cruel numpties in charge at the moment.  

Here is the man that Navy thinks is full of good ideas.

Nigel Farage v James O'Brien: Live On LBC:
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 3:56 pm

Diggers wrote:Gael, it's not my job to defend Blair, how do you even know I vote Labour? I'm a Liberal at heart.
Also I hardly think campaigning to win a GE with a full set of policies is scuppering a referendum. There is no protest vote element in voting Labour or Liberal.
Just so you know Id be for a referendum, it would kill UKIP, and the longer we wait and the more people I'll advisedly vote for UKIP, the worse it gets.
But I still wouldn't ever vote Tory as all the rest of their policies I don't agree with.

Er, yes, I had sussed that you were liberal.  The point is  Rolling Eyes  that both liberals and labourites are die-hard pro-European and it is to this aspect I would have thought it fair to expect a response form either of you.  Care to comment now?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 29 May 2014, 4:09 pm

The fact is that all elections in my lifetime seem to have been about finding and voting for the least objectionable bunch. I can't remember ever voting enthusiastically and feeling that the people or party I was voting for would make a great and positive impact on my life or even the life of the majority.

Lately it's also increasingly obvious that most elections are an example of style over substance and an appeal to the lowest common denominator. I can no longer name an active politician I have respect for.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 4:11 pm

If UKIP voters were shown evidence that immigration was a benefit to the UK they would still want to close the borders.  How can you fail to see that?

Hence it is very easy to claim they are bigoted and ignorant.

gael

I would currently trust europe to run our country compared to the cruel numpties in charge at the moment.  

Here is the man that Navy thinks is full of good ideas.

Nigel Farage v James O'Brien:

Mac ... the problem is that European migrants to the UK are currently outnumbering emigrants from the UK.  Our welfare system is buckling under the strain.  The simple truth is that the European Union is not working for Britain.  Federalization will only make things worse not better!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 29 May 2014, 4:13 pm

Joey Barton and Piers Morgan on Question Time tonight? Great illustration of what has become of the once-mighty BBC

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 4:15 pm

Gael, how many Brits are putting pressure on the welfare state?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 4:19 pm

Davie wrote:Joey Barton and Piers Morgan on Question Time tonight? Great illustration of what has become of the once-mighty BBC

To be fair, completely unrepresentative of the panel in the rest of the series.
I don't like Morgan but I can see why he's on there, he is an incredibly smart guy, you do t achieve what he has in his profession without being smart.
I have nothing to defend Barton with other than that people are saying how do we engage the younger generation in politics? Well presumably this is the thinking behind why he is on there.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 May 2014, 4:20 pm

Apparently our welfare system was doing pretty well. In fact so well that Osbourne felt the need to slash funding for it.

Seriously. Where is the evidence for what you say about immigration?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 May 2014, 4:23 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:
Diggers wrote:Gael, it's not my job to defend Blair, how do you even know I vote Labour? I'm a Liberal at heart.

Er, yes, I had sussed that you were liberal.  The point is  Rolling Eyes  that both liberals and labourites are die-hard pro-European and it is to this aspect I would have thought it fair to expect a response form either of you.  Care to comment now?

Why would a Liberal need to defend Blair?
I think the way Europe is ran will change, Cameron has already made so e progress and I believe Strasbourg is increasingly open to each member state having more freedom.
Id rather be in Europe than out but I can see the argument against. Feeding the mobster that is UKIP is not the answer though.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 29 May 2014, 4:36 pm

McLaren wrote: Apparently our welfare system was doing pretty well.  In fact so well that Osbourne felt the need to slash funding for it.

Seriously. Where is the evidence for what you say about immigration?

I've already covered that.  On the other hand ... the Lisbon Treaty ... anything to say on that?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 May 2014, 4:37 pm

I did Gael, maybe you missed it, the Lisbon Treaty was changed, the promised referendum wouldn't have been on the same terms as originally planned.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 30 May 2014, 9:05 am

Hence it is very easy to claim they are bigoted and ignorant....
:yawn: Carry on making things up as you go along. May as well eh?

Bob_the_Job wrote:Lately it's also increasingly obvious that most elections are an example of style over substance and an appeal to the lowest common denominator. I can no longer name an active politician I have respect for.
Quite.

On the subject of dangerous politicians and politics, what we really should be up in arms about is stuff like this:

Stinking, greasy 'deal' reached to protect Blair and Bush
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 30 May 2014, 9:46 am

Interesting wording in that BBC report NBS - first time I think I've seen the mainstream press use a phrase like "The 2003 invasion of Iraq by British and US forces, on the pretext that it had weapons of mass destruction" - in the past it was always been words like "The 2003 invasion of Iraq by British and US forces, in the belief.." or "..because it was thought that..." .  Preparing the ground I'd say.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 30 May 2014, 9:53 am

I don't think this is as clear cut as people think. There is an important precedent here as was pointed out last night on QT. At what stage do we decide there is no condfidentiality between the PM and the US president. Clearly national security interests have to come into play at some point.
And I say that as someone who marched against the war back in 2003 and still believes it, and Afghanistan, were huge mistakes.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 30 May 2014, 10:51 am

Diggers

The point we should be thinking about breaching confidentiality between a PM and a POTUS is when it contains evidence that would interest the international war crimes tribunal.

That the precedent becomes one of deterrent against future illegal wars.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 30 May 2014, 11:12 am

Indeed Mac, but what if an independent reviewer has looked at the document, seen that is not the case, and made a decision that it is not in the public interest to disclose the rest of the conversation?
Hey, I'm not saying the whole thing isn't fishy, I'm just saying its not as clear cut as the front page of a crappy newspaper will make it look.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 30 May 2014, 2:01 pm

I think someone with the inquiry has seen the unexpurgated transcripts etc. The trouble is (and maybe I'm too cynical) is that I don't believe the lack of full disclosure (genuine security/secrets etc aside) has to do with anything except preventing the world seeing just how flimsy (and maybe crooked) were the reasons for which we went to war in Iraq.
There may be some valid reason not to publish it all, but I can't see it. I doubt the hundreds(?) of thousands of dead as a result of Iraq do either.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 May 2014, 2:09 pm

I resent that the public thinks it has the right to know everything. There are reasons for not disclosing things.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri 30 May 2014, 2:45 pm

The world may have to wait for the deaths of Blair and Bush before history decides to speak.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 May 2014, 2:53 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:The world may have to wait for the deaths of Blair and Bush before history decides to speak.

why so melodramatic these days Gael, you've always been cantankerous but you've got a somewhat bitter streak in you these days

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 30 May 2014, 2:54 pm

Full disclosure would also be in the interests of the United States. No-one seems to have taken notice of the Cheney and Rumsfeld interviews/documentaries.
Perhaps they'd sit up and pay attention if the charades of Presidents Bush and Blair were fully exposed for what they were?
Any of interests of national security surely trumped by proper prosecution of war criminals??

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 30 May 2014, 3:09 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
Any of interests of national security surely trumped by proper prosecution of war criminals??

Exactly my point, why would we need to protect a system that covers up war crimes evidence. How much more of a security breach could you commit?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 30 May 2014, 3:39 pm

Btw, where's the 10,000-drone-man-Obama in all this? If it all was in the US interest to uncover it I'm sure this second Messias of yours would take care of it?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 30 May 2014, 3:58 pm

Diggers wrote:And I say that as someone who marched against the war back in 2003 and still believes it, and Afghanistan, were huge mistakes.
Afghanistan at least had some link to 9/11, training camps etc.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next