The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

+33
banbrotam
FedsFan
kneel_before_nadal
Haddie-nuff
lags72
Jahu
JuliusHMarx
Born Slippy
sirfredperry
dummy_half
lydian
summerblues
mthierry
gboycottnut1
super_realist
Gerry SA
Josiah Maiestas
whocares
invisiblecoolers
Henman Bill
yloponom68
antonico
Danny_1982
CaledonianCraig
ChequeredJersey
Silver
naxroy
laverfan
kingraf
HM Murdock
skyeman
R!skysports
hawkeye
37 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Is Nadal now Wimbledon favorite?

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 9 Vote_lcap31%Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 11 ]
Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 9 Vote_lcap69%Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 35

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 9 Empty Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

Post by hawkeye Mon 9 Jun 2014 - 17:05

First topic message reminder :

Last year Nadal felt unable to compete at Wimbledon but this year he's feeling a little better

"I want to try to play well again in Wimbledon," he said. "I'm healthy. That's the most important thing."

"I hope my knee will have the positive feeling on grass, because I feel my knee is better than last year on the rest of the surfaces,"

"Grass always was a little bit harder for me after the injury. Last year I tried, but I was not ready to compete at Wimbledon.

"Let's see how my feelings are there this year, but it's a very important tournament."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/27757048

Is Nadal now the favorite to add to his Wimbledon trophy collection? Nadal always has to win Wimbledon the tricky way as part of a channel slam but despite this I reckon he is now the favorite  king

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

Post by FedsFan Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 9:14

legendkillarV2 wrote:Still he/she need not worry. Nadal is in his HC prime according to him/her Laugh

Yes, and KBN expects Nadal to win another USO this year and set an all time record! He may do it, he may not but best to go easy on the predictions!

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 0:14

Nadal is still the fav for Wimbledon but don't ask me why and how, KBN will be better person to answer that.  Very Happy 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 0:33

still not over it (me)

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:39

naxroy wrote:still not over it (me)

ok scrub that.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 11:31

Does anyone know where Hawkeye is?  Wink 

I never knew Raonic could return better than Rafa.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 11:35

In fairness though Kyrgios's first and second serve speeds were down against Raonic compared with Nadal Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 11:38

Of course, Korgis hands hurt from Milo's shots, but not from Nadals 88mph serves.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 11:49

Is it too late to vote?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 12:12

Hug  don't worry nax, Rafa has plenty of time to prepare for a strong HC season coming up. I'm sure he'll bounce back and do well, he's just that type of guy. Who are you rooting for in the semis?

Major kudos due for LF, incidentally - the only person to give the kid a chance against Nadal:

laverfan wrote:You guys are being a tad hasty, IMO. He beat Gasquet and Vesely. He is quite capable.

clap 

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 13:09

reckoner wrote:Is it too late to vote?

That made me smile !  Very Happy 

There are unconfirmed reports of a worrying injury affecting a certain 606 member within the Wimbledon complex on Tuesday evening. Seems that poster k_b_n was so anxious to pay homage to Rafa by kneeling as low as possible before the car assigned to take him to the airport that Rafa's driver did not notice as he pulled away more quickly than usual from the clubhouse............

Meanwhile, in all seriousness, and as others have said, I believe that Rafa will put this bad loss behind him fairly quickly, and come back strongly during the HC season ahead of the USO.

.......and I should add ........Rafa, you cost me £5 because I had bet on you to take the trophy......!

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 15:23

Thats how Djokovic fans felt after FO 2014, 2013 and 2012.

Thats how Fed fans felt after FO 2006, 2007,2011 , Wimb 2008, AO 2009.

In life it all goes in circle. Take it easy  Hug 

You should rather feel for the kid Krygious for taking down a legend but 2 days of 4 sets took his toll and lets not forget 2x 5 setters in the first week as well.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 15:28

I really think kyrgios can be a top player, but all the hype these days will be very hard to handle if he is not well adviced

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9