The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+24
dynamark
1GrumpyGolfer
Hibbz
barragan
Bob_the_Job
Shotrock
SmithersJones
beninho
I'm never wrong
kwinigolfer
GunsGerms
Roller_Coaster
Davie
raycastleunited
incontinentia
gaelgowfer
JAS
lorus59
BlueCoverman
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
navyblueshorts
pedro
McLaren
28 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not had that much fun watching football for a while.

Robben taken the p*1ss out the spanish keeper and central defenders was literally hilarious.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

I rate Mata in the right position and side. Kagawa I don't really rate, has he played two decent back to back premiership games ever?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:10 pm

Mata is a better player than Kagawa

Kagawa i actually think is probably a very decent player who hasn't quite been able to produce it in the limited chances given to him at Old Trafford. Someone will soon take him and he will do well for them
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:12 pm

Diggers wrote:I rate Mata in the right position and side. Kagawa I don't really rate, has he played two decent back to back premiership games ever?

I would be surprised if he has had the chance to play back to back games in the correct position?

He is so much better at linking up play than Mata. Mata is all too often in the wrong position to help build an attack.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm

He'll be back off to Germany MPB where they remember that he could play once.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:15 pm

Probably Digs
Dortmund could certianly do worse than taking him back.
I definitely wouldn't mind him at Villa. I'm quite surprised someone like Spurs or Everton haven't had a go for him
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:16 pm

He'll be back off to Germany MPB where they remember that he could play once.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:16 pm

Different players.
Don't remember Kagawa ever actually playing two "back to back premiership games"; didn't he score a very, very good hat-trick a couple of years ago (against Norwich??) and get dropped by Ferguson for the next game?

Mac,
I think you're delusional about that team, but hope you're right. Am sure Pochettino would take Shaw off your hands, not for 27M tho'.

And another thing! Shocking how one-footed some of these "stars" are, Liverpool's Moreno last night for instance, Janujaz for another. One great foot each!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

Only having one foot didn't do Maradona much harm Kwini!
Know what you mean though.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:23 pm

One foot and one hand.
Actually missed his career, in the US pre-internet, Fox Soccer Channel, twilight-zone.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

Kwini

delusional is a bit of an unfair accusation as it seems pretty clear that the perceived midfield deficiencies are no worse than media favorites Liverpool. I was not convinced by Moyes and certainly not by LVG, those two probably have more to do with the current playing issues than the squad.

I am sure Shaw will turn out to be a fine player, and given the current transfer fees being paid 27m could look like a bargain if he is anywhere near as good as Evra in his prime.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:29 pm

Giroud possible broken ankle. That could be Arsenals title challenge over.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:40 pm

A few weeks ago it was being rumoured that Arsenal were bringing in Kedira and i thought they were shaping up to have a really good shot at winning it this year.
Looking at it right now, their best forward being Sanogo (?!), maybe not!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:46 pm

Walcott as a central option when he gets back maybe? I prefer him on the right now though, goals and assists from there.
Hope he can have a good injury free run. Arsenal looking like the top team for Brits which is amazing.
Gibbs
Chambers
Ox
Walcott
Wilshire
Ramsey
All potential starters.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm

How about doing a swap shop or EBay on here. I've got a Vespa 125 that looks pretty but literally never, ever starts. Think I've ridden it about 20 times in 3 years.
One of those "great" idea purchases that in reality ends up being something that takes up half the garage which is basically full of pushchairs and prams and other baby paraphernalia which I'll never get round to flogging even though it all cost a small fortune and half of it had never been used. Drives me mad.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 26 Aug 2014, 6:39 pm

Diggers wrote:How about doing a swap shop or EBay on here. I've got a Vespa 125 that looks pretty but literally never, ever starts. Think I've ridden it about 20 times in 3 years.
One of those "great" idea purchases that in reality ends up being something that takes up half the garage which is basically full of pushchairs and prams and other baby paraphernalia which I'll never get round to flogging even though it all cost a small fortune and half of it had never been used. Drives me mad.
Sounds like Nicklas Bendtner

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 Aug 2014, 6:53 pm

Sounds like someone's wife.
(Not mine, of course.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:04 pm

So someone's wife that looks like Nicholas Bendtner.....Angie Watson?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:29 pm

Diggers wrote:Giroud possible broken ankle. That could be Arsenals title challenge over.

Bit daft to say that after only two games. If his ankle really is broken (and I understand there is a second scan to determine the extent of the injury) then it's only a minor break - out for 6-8 weeks perhaps? Arsenal have a couple more new names coming in this week I reckon - and hopefully another striker. Let's face it they have strengthened the attacking midfield already this year and Alexi can still make an impact up front though he didn't look great against Everton .. one more half decent striker and they could be the real deal this year. Chelski many peoples' favourite but still look a bit Emperors new clothes to me.

I'd say ..

Citeh
Chelski/Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton
ManUre
Tottenham

And for a shock team to try to disrupt the top 7-8 don't discount Swansea

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:45 pm

Spoken like a true Gooner Davie, keep the faith. I read 3 months if its confirmed. I hope it's not, really rate Giroud, more so than most Arsenal fans I know as it goes.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm

I rate him too - really came in under the radar a bit. So at worst should be back mid-end November. Hardly title-hope-shattering. Certainly would like someone else as a target man though. Sanogo isn't as bad as people make out but he's definitely not a #1 striker. Campbell perhaps?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:22 pm

Campbell will be interesting for sure, looks like he has the talent but might take a while to bed in. No problems beating most sides last year, you just need to find a way to get points off the top clubs and you'll be right up there. Any news on when Theo's fit?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:31 pm

I've heard 5-6 more weeks for Theo - but you never really believe anything that comes from Wenger. If he says 5-6 weeks it could be next week or could be 3 more months

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:37 pm

No League Cup distractions for Man Utd and Van Gaal . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:06 pm

Has there ever been a league or FA cup shock as comprehensive as that one?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:19 pm

I think Swindon and QPR beating Arsenal and WBA in the respective LC Finals was much more of a surprise - after all, Arsenal & WBA actually played their best teams and tried to win the thing.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:35 pm

Louis when Gone?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:41 pm

There have been equally big shocks but Davie.'s got a point as it was a breeze for MK. There were enough first team squad players on the pitch to make it a horror show result for United.
Mac can point out Kagawa went off after 20 mins when it was goalless, clearly if he'd stayed on it would have all been different. Mind you it was the supposed wonder kid Januzaj who replaced him...Shocker of a result.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:55 pm

Di Maria won't be the saviour. In fact I think he'll be a huge disappointment. Not that he's bad, but he's merely a wing and not top of the food chain.

Additionally he's probably the most overpriced signing by a PL side since Torres went to Chelsea for £50m - but desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 26 Aug 2014, 11:40 pm

lol...bring back Moyes :-p

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:47 am

...meanwhile...how much lower can Scottish football go?? I had to laugh at the delusional self righteousness of all the anti Rangers zealots a couple of years ago when they said after condemning one of the only 2 cash cows to the lowest division. "The game will now flourish and be more competitive" yeah?? How's that one turned out then guys??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:59 am

I get to make this week's 'only in America', picard post. Yay me, as they say, mainly in America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

My first thought was serves the tw@t right for letting a kid of that age anywhere near a gun of any sort, never mind a frickin' Uzi. Prime candidate for this years Darwin award, surely?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:09 am

Absolutely astonishing SJ....wtf warped thinking exists over there that makes parents think it's "normal" to teach a 9 year old how to use an Uzi!!!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:36 am

Not to sound too harsh but maybe worthy of a Darwin award?

Here are the moments leading up to the incident. (stops before he is shot in head)

PS Why does he have to touch the inside of her leg like that?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 27 Aug 2014, 12:55 pm

"An unbelievable accident..."

Err, no it's not. "Accident" implies that the outcome could not be foreseen or at least was such a low probability as to be negligible. A 9 year old with the notoriously hard to handle Uzi doesn't fit that criteria.

See also "unbelievable"
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:06 pm

GOt to laugh at that.
Tragic but predictable

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:21 pm

"Why does he have to touch the inside of her leg like that?"

Mac,
That's why she shot him.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

You reap what you sow. Of course the "logical" response to this will be to train all children to use automatic weapons from the age of 4 so they can handle them "safely".

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:48 pm

kwini wrote:Mac,
That's why she shot him.

laughing
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:59 pm

Do Americans train 9 year olds to use Bandsaws, handle poisonous snakes, tigers, swim with sharks etc?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:06 pm

If it was in the constitution that they had the right to, they would. Shame the right to jump off a cliff wasn't included in the constitution.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:23 pm

SmithersJones wrote:If it was in the constitution that they had the right to, they would. Shame the right to jump off a cliff wasn't included in the constitution.
Laugh Yep. That about sums up the utter cretinous stupidity of U.S. gun laws. Anyone seen the adverts for the gun range where this took place? "Burgers and Guns" or something equally stupid. Advertised as a family day out - come and eat while your kids get to shoot machine guns. Morons.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

Only plus is that there is now one less moron.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:30 pm

A guy I work with went on a biz trip to Montana visiting a potential client. The 3-day trip included a "montana day" which he initially thought might be hiking in the mountains. That day about a dozen of them piled into a jeep and drove to an Indian reservation (apparently the only place they could get permission to do this) and they all tried their hand at firing semi-automatic weapons (live ammo) at stuffed effigies of Bin Laden. In charge of this exercise, according to my somewhat traumatized colleague, were two scary ex-marine guys with two equally scary dogs. Afterwards they were invited to try their hand at simple bomb assembly. My colleague (born and bred in NY) was the only person there who had never handled a gun before !

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:36 pm

Plunky. what a worrying story.

I have only ever handled shot guns and air rifles, both very anxious and disconcerting experiences. I would worry about anyone who wished to peruse owning and using guns after an initial shot.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:37 pm

I have no idea why people get a boner from guns. I know you can go to Russia on Stags and do it, or in Vegas. Beyond me what the interest is, lady thing I wanted to do in Vegas was go and shoot a gun at a target. I lost interest in that kind of thing about the same time I stopped playing with my action man.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:58 pm

Plunky wrote:A guy I work with went on a biz trip to Montana visiting a potential client.  The 3-day trip included a "montana day" which he initially thought might be hiking in the mountains.  That day about a dozen of them piled into a jeep and drove to an Indian reservation (apparently the only place they could get permission to do this) and they all tried their hand at firing semi-automatic weapons (live ammo) at stuffed effigies of Bin Laden. In charge of this exercise, according to my somewhat traumatized colleague, were two scary ex-marine guys with two equally scary dogs.  Afterwards they were invited to try their hand at simple bomb assembly.  My colleague (born and bred in NY) was the only person there who had never handled a gun before !  

Send this to Billy Crystal.. he'll make it into City Slickers IIVX
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:10 pm

Ridding the world of seagulls with a rifle would be a noble deed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:13 pm

Ironically, the business involved is insurance/reinsurance where you normally expect to find a bunch of relatively risk-averse people. My colleague was concerned that he wouldn't get through airport security to get home on account of particles of explosives on his clothing/luggage. But he has some fabulous pictures and a great story to tell !

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:13 pm

One of my favourite things is waking up to the sound of seagulls Super.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:18 pm

Ghastly sound. Horrible creatures, well the big black backed and herring gull ones.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next