The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+24
dynamark
1GrumpyGolfer
Hibbz
barragan
Bob_the_Job
Shotrock
SmithersJones
beninho
I'm never wrong
kwinigolfer
GunsGerms
Roller_Coaster
Davie
raycastleunited
incontinentia
gaelgowfer
JAS
lorus59
BlueCoverman
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
navyblueshorts
pedro
McLaren
28 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not had that much fun watching football for a while.

Robben taken the p*1ss out the spanish keeper and central defenders was literally hilarious.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:36 pm

No traffic and police sirens, those are ghastly sounds to wake up to.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:37 pm

Americans think of our State to be the most "liberal" (not really, just not right-wing conservative) in the States, but there's little gun control and half as many again gun deaths per year than traffic fatalities.

In GPB-ville last year a young mother sounded her horn when a driver almost hit her going thru a stop sign - the driver stopped, the young mother got out of her car, and was summarily shot on sight. Another life ended, in sleepy small-town Vermont.

Where's the outrage?
Plenty abroad, but not here. The NRA has most State Governments in their pocket.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:45 pm

Any theory's why you can go over the border to Canada and find more guns but less shootings Kwini?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:51 pm

Very high gun ownership per capita in Switzerland and Finland, but virtually no problems.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:51 pm

Diggers

Micheal Moore has tried to answer that in one of his documentaries.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm

Don't like gulls that much but they have the one positive of reminding me of fantastic holidays in Devon and Cornwall as a kid. My wife hates them as she's been sh@t on several times by the blighters.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm

One shat in my eye when I was in my first week at secondary school. Hated them ever since.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:19 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Americans think of our State to be the most "liberal" (not really, just not right-wing conservative) in the States, but there's little gun control and half as many again gun deaths per year than traffic fatalities.

In GPB-ville last year a young mother sounded her horn when a driver almost hit her going thru a stop sign - the driver stopped, the young mother got out of her car, and was summarily shot on sight. Another life ended, in sleepy small-town Vermont.

Where's the outrage?
Plenty abroad, but not here. The NRA has most State Governments in their pocket.
That's pretty shocking Kwini. Politicians over there seem to be spineless over the issue. The U.S. Constitution was not, I'm sure, written with that dumb section on the right to bear arms while thinking clearly about the type of weaponry that might be available 300 years in the future or the global political situation. You might think someone with enough wealth would take it on, in public. Then again, who am I kidding? What you really need is for there to be a mass shooting of as many politicians and their families as possible. Include a load of celebs as well while we're at it. Something might get done then.
It's incredible that the U.S. is populated with so many crackpots and such a significant proportion of the populace think they have to have all that ordnance just in case the 'State' gets a bit too uppity.
On the bright side, at least we don't have to deal with the same stupidity here.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:21 pm

I can see why in a big country with a lot of countryside a rifle or shotgun might be useful if you live on a farm, or live somewhat off the land by shooting some meat.
I can't see handguns and sub machine guns being necessary.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

super_realist wrote:One shat in my eye when I was in my first week at secondary school. Hated them ever since.

Count yourself lucky, it was the fifth formers who did that at my school.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:One shat in my eye when I was in my first week at secondary school. Hated them ever since.

Count yourself lucky, it was the fifth formers who did that at my school.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 27 Aug 2014, 5:44 pm

The gun issue here in the states is absurd - but so ingrained in the culture that I don't expect it to change in my lifetime.

And I always suggest to the pro-NRA types why stop with guns? After all, if we're supposed to arm ourselves (the constitution didn't specify guns only) against the guv'mint, bring on the higher grade stuff.

My brother carries a gun for his job. Never brings it home although he is allowed to. No guns, no gun accidents at home is his thinking.

Super is exactly right.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 5:56 pm

I find it funny that you can walk in to Walmart in America and buy hollow point bullets for handguns and rifles, but they don't stock magazines like FHM, because they aren't considered moral publications.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:38 pm

The sad thing is that most, not all but a high percentage, of those American Golf Pros (or any white US sportsmen) whose play we enjoy espouse exactly the same political views that enable sensible gun control to be a pipedream.
Incredible.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:42 pm

That's why its crazy to idolise sportsmen Kwini. They are just blokes with a basically pointless talent, no reason for them to be clever or more liberal than your average bloke.
It's far more worrying that doctors and lawyers would hold those values, and I'm sure many do.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:45 pm

"doctors and lawyers"!
Exactly why there won't be any kind of universal health care here in my lifetime!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:47 pm

On a completely different tack, this Rotherham sexual exploitation thing is looking pretty bad and worse by the hour. Incredible really.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm

But the point is why when doctors and lawyers in other countries would champion that same healthcare? Why not in the USA?
I wouldn't expect a bloke who hits a ball with a stick for a living to be preaching liberal values. I wouldn't have much interest in them anyway as their life experience is going to be pretty limited in many cases. It's like Bono spouting off, nobody cares.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:02 pm

Lawyers (at least in the US, and in the majority) would be at the bottom of my list for any sort of moral compass Diggs!

Obama's made some great strides in providing coverage and and the take-up rate (enrollment in the Affordable Care Act) has surpassed most expectations. Sure, claims are high (most cases higher than anticipated), but there was a lot of pent up demand for coverage there.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:09 pm

And what was Obama's original profession Shotrock?
Plenty of lawyers do good work and not always for a lot of money, that's the thing, much like politicians they all get tarred with the same brush.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:25 pm

Sr,
Lots of great healthcare achievements under Obama, but I reckon all gains made so far will hit the buffers come November.
The right-wing "base" won't recognize their benefits, just see them picking up more of the cost and it'll all end up fizzling unless Hillary wins in 2016 - which it's difficult to see happening.

Lawyers are like bookies - I never met a poor one, though I trust bookies a good deal more . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:25 pm

Diggers wrote:That's why its crazy to idolise sportsmen Kwini. They are just blokes with a basically pointless talent, no reason for them to be clever or more liberal than your average bloke.
It's far more worrying that doctors and lawyers would hold those values, and I'm sure many do.

Very well made point. You can lump actors and comedians in there too. The likes of Russell Brand, Sean Penn, Bonio and Bob Geldof are vomit inducing when using their notoriety to promote their views.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:39 pm

I've never met a bookie who's worked pro bono or one who has fought for human rights legislation.
Then again to be fair I've only ever met one bookie and he was nice enough but very dull.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:41 pm

I agree Diggs ... not ALL Lawyers.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:08 pm

furious

super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:That's why its crazy to idolise sportsmen Kwini. They are just blokes with a basically pointless talent, no reason for them to be clever or more liberal than your average bloke.

Very well made point. You can lump actors and comedians in there too. The likes of Russell Brand, Sean Penn, Bonio and Bob Geldof are vomit inducing when using their notoriety to promote their views.

They said if it was my responsibility to appoint a world leader Id probably go Joanna Lumley. Compassionate, tough, smart, loyal and caring...plus back on the day fit as.
Id definitely go for a woman anyway but probably let her have a week off once a month. Clearly this wouldn't need to apply to Joanna anymore...

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:05 pm

If the Palace board had set out to make the most uninspiring appointment in the world could they have done better than Warnock?
And I quite like him, I know most people can't stand the guy. But surely there must be some young blood out there, like say Matinez was, who would be worth a punt.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:45 pm

Look at Jason Puncheons Twitter feed to see what he thinks of his new manager.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 28 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm

Actually got a golf ball today at my local course which had a public range, first time on a year. Managed to get told off within 15 mins for hitting a ball from the chipping area onto the range...surprised I wasn't gunned down with an Uzi by the way the bloke was blustering away.
Its safe to say my swing hasn't suffered for having a year off, actually having a round tomorrow, anyone in the Yarm area should wear a helmet in anticipation.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 28 Aug 2014, 7:28 pm

Is it just me, or does Maria Sharapova look like Rick Wakeman's daughter?!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:35 pm

Is it just me, or does CoCo Vandeweghe look like KiKi Vandeweghe's niece? (Don't mention KiKi's name in Dallas . . . . )

Why are British teams so anxious to get in to the Europa Cup and then treat it like an early round League Cup "effort"? Perhaps Steve Bruce can answer that one, if he hasn't burst a blood vessel first.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 30 Aug 2014, 3:24 pm

Important point for Burnley against bottom rivals.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 30 Aug 2014, 3:33 pm

Van Gaal is a genius, three wingers in the starting line-up and Anderson on as a sub. And paying $4.8M to have nanny play in Europe.

'Course, he blames the composition of the squad he inherited.

Someone's to blame for this fiasco, and it's certainly not David Moyes.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sat 30 Aug 2014, 10:15 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Why are British teams so anxious to get in to the Europa Cup and then treat it like an early round League Cup "effort"? Perhaps Steve Bruce can answer that one, if he hasn't burst a blood vessel first.
I don't think they are. They just want to finish as high as they can in the league to get the most money, or win a trophy. If the result = Champions League then great. Europa League = burden for not much reward.

Last edited by I'm never wrong on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 01 Sep 2014, 1:17 pm

So, big stories so far on transfer deadline day?

Falcao to Man U. Surely they need a central imposing defender and holding midfield player more than another striker? Replacement for Rio now he's gone to QPR.

Man U need someone like Diarra, who was outstanding holding together the Real Madrid galacticos a few years ago. He has gone to QPR, so either its a bargain or (more likely) he's now past it.

Will Arsenal sign a striker? Latest rumour is that Wenger is in to hijack Defoe's move to QPR.

And with Harry at the helm, surely every sentence involving transfer deadline day will involve QPR (see above).

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:27 pm

If Hernandez and Wellbeck go then Falcao on loan is a big improvement in quality.
Agree they need more though.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:28 pm

Rumours of Welbeck going to Arsenal. I hope that was just a totteringham fan winding me up though

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

Never rated Welbeck. Can't see what he brings to the table.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:05 pm

The Welbeck deal still on according to Jim White on SSNHQ (has there EVER been anyone who has believed his own overblown publicity that Jim White?

Still I guess Welbeck will be a good benchwarmer for Sanogo - They should bring back Bendtner! :P

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:23 pm

Spoiler:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:42 pm

I can see why Id not be happy at the Wellbeck deal if I was a Gooner but I'm interested to see what Wenger can do to improve him. There is potential there for sure.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm

Right now I would rather we still had Wellbeck and little pea and that Falcao had never arrived. Not too impressed by the signing of Di Maria either.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=55491
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20