The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley?

+21
Hammersmith harrier
JabMachineMK2
theanimal316
Derbymanc
CallMeBenji
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
lambertm100
TopHat24/7
Rowley
jimdig
DuransHorse
milkyboy
Seanusarrilius
88Chris05
hogey
ONETWOFOREVER
catchweight
Dipper Brown
Strongback
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can Brook v Khan Sell Out 80,000 at Wembley Stadium

Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 6 ]
Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 6 ]
Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 27

Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Empty Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley?

Post by Strongback Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Khan has said: " Having the fight in the UK would be amazing. I'd like it somewhere such as Wembley Stadium which I think would be a quick sell out."

Hearn has said the fight will be massive and what the British public want.

Can Matchroom repeat the Wembley trick?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley?

Post by DuransHorse Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Most of the racist people I know are old, a generation that wouldn't have a significant impact on sporting events, hence Truss examples. Most the younger generation seem to use racists terms in the same way they swear, without actually harbouring any significant emotion, comprehension, or reason behind it.

Yes the odd moron will always exists, showing intense and unqualified anger towards a race, culture, or person they've never met, but how many of them do you really know? Me personally, none. I also don't know anyone that would be more interested in a fight due to skin colour either... Heck, maybe its cos I'm unpopular and don't know enough people.

I agree that racism exists but I don't buy that it would massively impact the attendance of a boxing match. I agree that it's not so much a colour but a culture we can relate to that sells a fighter to the masses. We liked Hatton cos we liked pies. Khan not so much cos he does a silly month long diet every year. How can real men relate to that?

Where's Az these days when a good topic he'd love pops up?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Brook v Khan Sell Out Wembley?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 am

DuransHorse wrote:Most of the racist people I know are old, a generation that wouldn't have a significant impact on sporting events, hence Truss examples.  Most the younger generation seem to use racists terms in the same way they swear, without actually harbouring any significant emotion, comprehension, or reason behind it.

Yes the odd moron will always exists, showing intense and unqualified anger towards a race, culture, or person they've never met, but how many of them do you really know?  Me personally, none. I also don't know anyone that would be more interested in a fight due to skin colour either... Heck, maybe its cos I'm unpopular and don't know enough people.

I agree that racism exists but I don't buy that it would massively impact the attendance of a boxing match. I agree that it's not so much a colour but a culture we can relate to that sells a fighter to the masses.  We liked Hatton cos we liked pies. Khan not so much cos he does a silly month long diet every year.  How can real men relate to that?

You need to widen your social circle, mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:23 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't bother Frazier and Ali either..

Did bother Cooney and other white hopes....

Trumping the out-dated examples, again.

C'mon Truss, freshen it up a bit lad.

I joked earlier about Jeffries, but you're genuinely regressing to that level of stupidity.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:24 am

DAVE667 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:Most of the racist people I know are old, a generation that wouldn't have a significant impact on sporting events, hence Truss examples.  Most the younger generation seem to use racists terms in the same way they swear, without actually harbouring any significant emotion, comprehension, or reason behind it.

Yes the odd moron will always exists, showing intense and unqualified anger towards a race, culture, or person they've never met, but how many of them do you really know?  Me personally, none. I also don't know anyone that would be more interested in a fight due to skin colour either... Heck, maybe its cos I'm unpopular and don't know enough people.

I agree that racism exists but I don't buy that it would massively impact the attendance of a boxing match. I agree that it's not so much a colour but a culture we can relate to that sells a fighter to the masses.  We liked Hatton cos we liked pies. Khan not so much cos he does a silly month long diet every year.  How can real men relate to that?

To include MORE racists?

Not sure that's the best advice!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:24 am

Abuse, abuse and more abuse....

It's all you got..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 am

You boys shouldn't play so rough...somebody is gonna end up crying  warning

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:30 am

Steffan wrote:You boys shouldn't play so rough...somebody is gonna end up crying  warning

Like you when Brook won on saturday ?? Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:36 am

DAVE667 wrote:

And give up ballroom dancing class, my dominos title I need to defend down the British Legion every Tuesday, and the allotment? Never!

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:40 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Steffan wrote:You boys shouldn't play so rough...somebody is gonna end up crying  warning

Brook fought well and deserves the praise. Lets hope he keeps this level of opponent up

And my tears are only reserved for Carl Froch victories

No work today Truss?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Abuse, abuse and more abuse....

It's all you got..

And all you've got is no answer......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:49 am

Steffan wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Brook fought well and deserves the praise. Lets hope he keeps this level of opponent up

And my tears are only reserved for Carl Froch victories

No work today Truss?

Not much Steffy.....Not much........What I don't do at work I finish at home generally.........Good thing about recessions Is Companies can't afford to have studies on their workplace productivity...........Which is strange considering that when you are losing money seems to be the time to do it !!

But there you go......Maybe I'll dig up some fossils with you If things get real bad..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Hearn will want a half decent fighter for 6th December, but a fight that Kell is still likely to win. Maybe Brandon Rios/ Victor Ortiz who would also mean US TV.

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:28 pm

DuransHorse wrote:Yes the odd moron will always exists, showing intense and unqualified anger towards a race, culture, or person they've never met, but how many of them do you really know?  
Khan not so much cos he does a silly month long diet every year.  How can real men relate to that?
Hmm.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Ha!Well spotted Scott. Bloody hell, DH, were you trying to be ironic??!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Ha!Well spotted Scott. Bloody hell, DH, were you trying to be ironic??!!

Yes.  Very Happy  A tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm an atheist and religion isn't something I can relate to but each to their own.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 pm

I know a few asian people that watch boxing purely because of Khan, I can't imagine that hold sas an awful lot of people though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:05 am

This is a big issue with the asian community and involvement in sports though. A big push/initiative re football at the moment as there are almost no asian lads coming through the ranks to play at more senior levels. This is the case with other sports too like rugby & tennis. It's only really cricket where their representation reflects their proportion of the general population.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, I dunno.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3