The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Somerset Royal London Cup

+2
freemo
jimbobgooner
6 posters

Go down

Surrey vs Somerset Royal London Cup  Empty Surrey vs Somerset Royal London Cup

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 19 Aug 2014, 5:59 pm

Surrey have named a twelve man squad for the Royal London One-Day Cup game against Somerset at the Kia Oval on Wednesday.
Jade Dernbach, Matthew Dunn, Zafar Ansari and Jason Roy all return to the squad and Robin Peterson is included in a 50 over squad for the first time this summer. Azhar Mahmood,Gareth Batty,Stuart Meaker and Chris Tremlett are all rested.
The Surrey squad to play Somerset in the Royal London One-Day Cup at the Kia Oval on Wednesday 20th August :
Gary Wilson (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Rory Burns
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Matthew Dunn
George Edwards
Aneesh Kapil
Tim Linley
Robin Peterson
Jason Roy
Vikram Solanki

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Somerset Royal London Cup  Empty Re: Surrey vs Somerset Royal London Cup

Post by freemo Tue 19 Aug 2014, 6:59 pm

Linley in one day cricket... really?

freemo

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Somerset Royal London Cup  Empty Re: Surrey vs Somerset Royal London Cup

Post by guildfordbat Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:35 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

This squad seems far more geared to t20 finals day than tomorrow's 50 over game. Resting some and giving others match practice.

Fear we'll struggle once more. The lack of all rounders particularly limits the bowling options.

Maybe the Viscount to miss out which should please freemo.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:43 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh 

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 20 Aug 2014, 1:49 pm

Somerset win the toss and will field
Dunn misses out  Shocked 

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:46 pm

JimBob - yes, odd to leave Dunn out. He should be in contention for a t20 finals day place on Saturday so it seemed sensible to give him a run out now.

122/3 off 22. Decent enough rate but I fear we could run out of steam and wickets before being able to post an intimidating total. There again, the Cider men seem to have a long tail so a lot may rest on their top order. We've got almost no back up bowling today (Roy? Kapil still unfit to bowl?) so I would guess that Tresco will be looking to hit one or both of the Viscount and Chick Edwards out of the attack early doors ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 Aug 2014, 5:34 pm

284/9 off our 50. A lot better than I expected. The top 8 all made double figures, Kapil top scoring with 59.

Somerset have a long tail - Craig Overton (who didn't bowl) is shown at 6 on the cricinfo scorecard. Keep our heads and we should at last get a win in this tournament.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:01 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

... almost no back up bowling today (Roy? Kapil still unfit to bowl?) so I would guess that Tresco will be looking to hit one or both of the Viscount and Chick Edwards out of the attack early doors ....

Blast - did Tresco read this? Overs 9 and 10 from the Viscount and Chick Edwards go for 17 and 19 respectively with Tresco helping himself to 3 sixes and 3 fours!!!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:06 pm

I'm told Somerset need to win in 42.1 overs or less to qualify.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:20 pm

Voice of the Beehive wrote:I'm told Somerset need to win in 42.1 overs or less to qualify.

My understanding is that if Somerset win in 42.1 overs, then they qualify. If they win after that then they need Notts to beat Warks I think.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:45 pm

What a win Kapil runs out leach  Very Happy 

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm

The decision to leave out Dunn nearly cost us

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:16 pm

At least we got one victory in the competition...  I assume we benefitted somewhat from Somerset trying to win with overs to spare. Our bowling attack was very thin but I would put that down to our concentrating on T20.  Good to see Kapil get some runs; he's scored some for the seconds as well.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down