The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 million cases of Domestic abuse reported last year !!

4 posters

Go down

12 million cases of Domestic abuse reported last year !! Empty 12 million cases of Domestic abuse reported last year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:55 am

91,000 prosecutions...67,000 convictions.....40% of persons making complaint were Men...(National office of statistics)

Experts are blaming a rise in alcohol consumption by Women and more Women in the work place for the last statistic...

Which kind of points to them blaming the work place stresses for much of it !!

God forbid anybody takes personal responsibility these days....Maybe the old school is dying out...Never hit my Wife although I've been tempted from time to time because it's a line you don't cross.....and also I didn't fancy being taken in the middle of the night and buried in a field in the outer reaches of Bognor Regis....

12 million is a depressing figure...You only live once....Sorry to see so many lives being wasted with people living in fear...If only many of them had the confidence to walk away..

Moral fibre is maybe becoming a thing of the past.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

12 million cases of Domestic abuse reported last year !! Empty Re: 12 million cases of Domestic abuse reported last year !!

Post by Duty281 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 12:29 pm

N/CA topics are currently off-limits on this forum and there is zero tolerance. This is despite the fact, of course, that there is a political thread on another part of the forum, started by a moderator of this site, thusly making a mockery of that earlier rule:

https://www.606v2.com/t55268p50-606v2-rugby-fans-scottish-independence-thread

What folly, once again!

So with all that in mind, I think we can safely comment on this topic, and realise that the below thread is half-baked drivel:

https://www.606v2.com/t55232-news-and-current-affairs-topics

With regards to domestic abuse, I think there should be a greater focus on helping male victims of this terrible crime. Society seems to be set in thinking that the vast majority of victims of domestic abuse are female, but this is proven not to be the case.

Domestic abuse is also difficult to police as so much of the aforementioned abuse is psychological, not physical. This has the effect of grinding down the victim and reducing their sense of self-worth and independence, whilst simultaneously increasing their dependence on their tormentor. This was greatly highlighted in "Murdered by my Boyfriend" which was on the BBC a few weeks ago.

The Conservative party, thankfully, are looking to create a new crime of domestic abuse which, if implemented successfully, could greatly help victims to overcome their tormentor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28860213

I suppose time will tell.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

12 million cases of Domestic abuse reported last year !! Empty Re: 12 million cases of Domestic abuse reported last year !!

Post by Derbymanc Tue 26 Aug 2014, 1:59 pm

To be honest Duty that was originally in the Off Topic section so maybe it got moved (along with my posts.) I don't really get the no news and current affairs stance either, surely the more topics we can talk about the more visitors to the site? Moderation keeps getting brought up but a few have put their names in the hat with it then being ignored.

As for Domestic violence, the more done to stamp it out the better. It happens in all forms of relationships and the effect it can have on the kids is horrendous. Anyone that tries to control someone else through violence or mental means is just pure scum.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm

Not sure "STAMPING" is the answer.

Anyway, my wife was going on about how our baby boy doesn't have many "going out" outfits for our upcoming holiday. I pointed out that he's only four months old and that it wasn't going to matter too much so could she please stop fretting (annoying me) and go to sleep however new legislation intimates that this kind of coercion, browbeating, bullying is to be outlawed.

Always a delicate subject but if someone feels they're being bullied, perception becomes reality and partners get accused of abuse when the truth can occasionally be something different.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 5:51 pm

In some cases maybe....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Not sure "STAMPING" is the answer.

Anyway, my wife was going on about how our baby boy doesn't have many "going out" outfits for our upcoming holiday. I pointed out that he's only four months old and that it wasn't going to matter too much so could she please stop fretting (annoying me) and go to sleep however new legislation intimates that this kind of coercion, browbeating, bullying is to be outlawed.

Always a delicate subject but if someone feels they're being bullied, perception becomes reality and partners get accused of abuse when the truth can occasionally be something different.

POT KETTLE BLACK

How ironic DAVE is commenting about his fav past time BULLYING.

The amount of times DAVE has gone out of his way to TRY and bully me and others on this forum is too much to mention.

For what its worth I side completly with DAVE's missus

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:04 am

While there will be some people that abuse the new law Dave, this happens with every law and genuine people that are mentally abused by partners/supposed loved ones need protecting and need to know that there is a way out that doesn't necessarliy involve a midnight flit.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:14 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Not sure "STAMPING" is the answer.

POT KETTLE BLACK

How ironic DAVE is commenting about his fav past time BULLYING.

The amount of times DAVE has gone out of his way to TRY and bully me and others on this forum is too much to mention.

For what its worth I side completly with DAVE's missus
I abhor stalking so I'd advise you to stop drinking and PM-ing me with stupid song lyrics approaching midnight you sad obsessed stalkerish little w*nker

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:26 am

Still at least you've stopped calling him ONETRUSS now...

Which is something..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:31 am

A brief hiatus...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down