The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Open Day 10

+15
Jahu
yloponom68
Danny_1982
bogbrush
DirectView2
kingraf
Silver
laverfan
Josiah Maiestas
HM Murdock
Born Slippy
The Special Juan
banbrotam
CaledonianCraig
invisiblecoolers
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

US Open Day 10 - Page 4 Empty US Open Day 10

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Djokovic vs Murray the highlight match, I indeed thought of opening a separate thread for this match but then given the fans interest of late all as one thread would do.

Before starting the line up, I have a question thou, the crowd turnout is too little for today's match between Federer and Batista, Federer generally enjoys massive support and is a big crowd puller , he playing a 4th round night match after the long weekend day yet half the stadium was void. I also noted this behavior for several other matches, is that coz no Rafa in this tournament? censored
Jokes apart, this should be a big concern for USO authorities, have the hiked the prices so much? to what ever I saw the tickets were still cheaper than Toronto masters for the same round.

The trend is more or less similar in our forums too, we have had so many exciting matches yet the fans turnout and arguments has been way too little.

Back to Matches now.

1]Azarenka vs Makarova
[Azarenka's golden run might come to an end tomorrow, Makarova in awesome form and the way she dismissed Genie was superb]

2]Stan vs Kei
[Stan should start favourite given the late night long match of Kei with Raonic, but neither did Stan had it easy vs Robredo]

3]Serena vs Panetta
[One thing for sure it won't be a cake walk, Penetta could trouble Serena if the champ don't bring her A-game]

4]Nole vs Murray
[The Highlight Match, Nole starts the heavy fav but I have a feeling Murray will trump this]

We also have some good doubles action.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: US Open Day 10

Post by Silver Thu 04 Sep 2014, 10:59 pm

Maybe it's mental, BS? (or should be mental BS Wink )

If you're mentally exhausted then the body often follows. Perhaps Murray hasn't quite got the mental sharpness/toughness needed to play against the very top level opponents just yet; in each of his 2014 slam exits he's been turfed aside fairly easily, this one aside. Not much experience at playing the best over five sets since surgery.

That's not to take anything away from him - for all we know, he could turn out to be the man that stopped Djokovic sweeping to the title without dropping a set. We'll see if anyone else can do better!

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:22 pm

Possibly Silver. I think we do need to remember that Murray seems to be naturally lacking in stamina. He has had to work phenomenally hard to get to a level where he can stay with freaks like Nadal and Djoker. Given that, the fact he has said that he has only been able to start training properly relatively recently would probably be a more likely reason for a lack of stamina than anything else.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:03 am

kingraf wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Jahu wrote:Yeah not much real chance there, though in a good day Berdy can blow out anyone.

bb, 37.5% probability is a disaster!!

Lets hope Cilic gives a good fight with Berdy as both hit flat and hard.
Well that's what happens if you compound 75% with 50%. Given he'd have maybe 80% of beating Nish and 20% of Djokovic, and Djokovic is 90% over Nishikori, his chances in a final are (0.9 * 0.2) + (0.1 * 0.8) = 0.26, which when multiplied by the 0.375 gives him a 0.975 probability of winning - about 1 in 10. I am writing off Cilic in that, which is wrong, but it's only approximate.

The only way to increase it is to change the separate probabilities.

Can't tell if this is a Serious post or...
You can't tell that compounding probabilities works exactly as I described?

It does.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4