The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Lions 2017

+43
Seagultaf
Knackeredknees
gleesonisgod
majesticimperialman
Nematode
JDizzle
profitius
Barney McGrew did it
Sgt_Pooly
Biltong
jimmyinthewell68
SecretFly
Submachine
asoreleftshoulder
George Carlin
LeinsterFan4life
Poorfour
Sin é
ChequeredJersey
The Saint
GavinDragon
TJ
brennomac
bluestonevedder
No 7&1/2
Cyril
lostinwales
dgttaylor
Rugby Fan
Hound of Harrow
sirtidychris
BamBam
funnyExiledScot
beshocked
bedfordwelsh
Geordie
wrfc1980
LordDowlais
toml
IanBru
demosthenes
OMc
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
47 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Possible Lions 2017 - Page 2 Empty Possible Lions 2017

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

On current form, with choice of coaches and who will be captain? lets speculate...........

Back to top Go down

Possible Lions 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible Lions 2017

Post by lostinwales Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 am

LordDowlais wrote:
BamBam wrote:Less Welsh than Jamie Roberts, certainly.

Again, what has nationality got to do with it ?

Seemingly, and probably unconciously, a great deal. In that you tend to score Welsh players a couple of marks higher than we would, in the same way that as an English supporter I rate some of our players higher than you do.

We all tend to have selective memories too. I think of Tulagi running rampant over NZ on that day a couple of years ago. You probably think of an occasionally subdued player who seems to take contact all the time and doesnt pass.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:24 am

lostinwales wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Seemingly, and probably unconciously, a great deal. In that you tend to score Welsh players a couple of marks higher than we would, in the same way that as an English supporter I rate some of our players higher than you do.

We all tend to have selective memories too. I think of Tulagi running rampant over NZ on that day a couple of years ago. You probably think of an occasionally subdued player who seems to take contact all the time and doesnt pass.

If that was the case then I would have removed ALL the English players and not put any Irish one's and picked all Welsh ones, as a matter of fact, I would not have any English or Scottish Fullbacks, I would go with Rob Kearney Leigh Halfppenny and Liam Williams, oh good gosh not an English player out of the three, does this make my judgement clouded ? picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:34 am

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
beshocked wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
wrfc1980 wrote:

Farrell has helped England beat Australia and NZ - something you cannot say that Biggar has done for Wales.

Neither did Barry John, Phil Bennett or Jiffy but wouldn't say Farrell was better than any of them.

do some research pal Laugh

I did not that I needed to last time Wales beat the All Blacks was 1953 and none of the above mentioned played then which means none of them beat the All Blacks in a Welsh shirt which as the other post stated Farrell helped England tha'ts why I went just for Wales not the Lions - pal
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:35 am

LordDowlais wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

If that was the case then I would have removed ALL the English players and not put any Irish one's and picked all Welsh ones, as a matter of fact, I would not have any English or Scottish Fullbacks, I would go with Rob Kearney Leigh Halfppenny and Liam Williams, oh good gosh not an English player out of the three, does this make my judgement clouded ?  picard

Yes because last season Brown outperformed all of them. Right now hes crocked and I dont think he was on such good form beforehand either. I'd add that the chances of Brown being full back for the 2017 Lions is very very slim.

Rob Kearney isnt getting any younger and three years is a long time

As for Leigh Halfpenny a lot depends on how injury prone he is, and how good the other kicking options will be. He certainly wont be too old.

I'll reserve judgement on Liam Williams. I dont know enough to say how good he is, but if you want a free running player with agression issues there is competition in the form of Hogg.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:46 am

LordDowlais

I notice you didn't have any complaints about out of form Welsh players being in the original line up (led by Lydiate, who has done sweet F all since being unreasonably picked in the Lions squad ahead of Wood/Robshaw/Brown)

And as lostinwales said, to not have Mike Brown as an option for 15 given his form in the last year shows your inherent bias. As you said yourself, having a 3rd choice ahead of a 1st choice player is just ludicrous

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:25 am

BamBam wrote:LordDowlais

I notice you didn't have any complaints about out of form Welsh players being in the original line up (led by Lydiate, who has done sweet F all since being unreasonably picked in the Lions squad ahead of Wood/Robshaw/Brown)

And as lostinwales said, to not have Mike Brown as an option for 15 given his form in the last year shows your inherent bias. As you said yourself, having a 3rd choice ahead of a 1st choice player is just ludicrous

FFS, you English are a precious lot, out of all my picks, who is third choice ? I said 3rd choice over a club and international captain anyway.

I'll tell you what just put the England 1st 15 in there, oh and subs, after all they have beaten New Zealand don't you know.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:29 am

LordDowlais wrote:
BamBam wrote:LordDowlais

FFS, you English are a precious lot, out of all my picks, who is third choice ? I said 3rd choice over a club and international captain anyway.

I'll tell you what just put the England 1st 15 in there, oh and subs, after all they have beaten New Zealand don't you know.

This is all getting petty and way off subject. Having said that I'd add that not only have a lot of the England team beaten NZ, they have also beaten Australia recently Whistle

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:29 am

Liam Williams (might be 2nd choice, but the point still stands)

Wasn't sure who you meant by 3rd choice over a club/international captain either, unless you are referring to either or Lawes/Launchbury over AWJ, in which case I would take the English lads every day of the week and twice on Sundays

I don't think the English posters are being that precious, personally I was just amused at what were a nonsensical set of picks in all honesty

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:39 am

BamBam wrote:Liam Williams (might be 2nd choice, but the point still stands)

Wasn't sure who you meant by 3rd choice over a club/international captain either, unless you are referring to either or Lawes/Launchbury over AWJ, in which case I would take the English lads every day of the week and twice on Sundays
I don't think the English posters are being that precious, personally I was just amused at what were a nonsensical set of picks in all honesty

And you accuse me of bias. picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:43 am

For 2017? Yep, certainly so

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:50 am

BamBam wrote:For 2017? Yep, certainly so

You do realise Alyn Wyn Jones is only 28yrs old dont you ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:59 am

LordDowlais wrote:

I do, and given how good Lawes/Launchbury are now, by then they will be some combo if they stay healthy. Not just those 2, Jonny Gray and Henderson as FES said in the original post will likely be right up there too. AWJ wouldn't be a starter for me if the Lions played tomorrow, let alone in 3 years

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:01 am

BamBam wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I do, and given how good Lawes/Launchbury are now, by then they will be some combo if they stay healthy. Not just those 2, Jonny Gray and Henderson as FES said in the original post will likely be right up there too. AWJ wouldn't be a starter for me if the Lions played tomorrow, let alone in 3 years

Yeh right.O.k, I'm off this debate, people are just here for the wind up.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:04 am

Its all opinions old chap thumbsup

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 am

Feel free to set up a poll to ask about the Lions starting locks if playing this week though Wink

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:32 am

Hilarious, the whole Lions charade is three years away and the English and Welsh are already at each other's throats. Must remind myself to put a block on any Lions threads on 606 for the next three years

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:37 am

brennomac wrote:Hilarious, the whole Lions charade is three years away and the English and Welsh are already at each other's throats. Must remind myself to put a block on any Lions threads on 606 for the next three years
Yep. Let's hope the Irish will have calmed down from the last tour before 2017 too!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 am

LordDowlais wrote:
wrfc1980 wrote:Biggar doesn't offer any more than farrell, and Farrell is younger, more expereinced and proven at the top level whcih Biggar isn't. Both similar players, however one is an established international the other is still to nail down his place.

You have not seen Biggar play then obviously, this is the same guy who controlled the game when England last came to Cardiff, I have seen Farrell totally lose his concentration when things do not go his way, something Biggar never does, ask anybody who watches the Pro12 each week what they think of him, I would go as far to say that Biggar is the best British or Irish no.10 in Europe at the moment.

Nope - Sexton is. Biggar is one of the chasing group and probably better than Farrrell - but no way is he the best. ~Sexton is

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:22 am

Ha Biggar even if its the Wales head coach he would nt pick Biggar! Come on theres favouring our own and then theres taking it to extremes (if you re meaning 1st choice)!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:23 am

TJ wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
wrfc1980 wrote:Biggar doesn't offer any more than farrell, and Farrell is younger, more expereinced and proven at the top level whcih Biggar isn't. Both similar players, however one is an established international the other is still to nail down his place.

You have not seen Biggar play then obviously, this is the same guy who controlled the game when England last came to Cardiff, I have seen Farrell totally lose his concentration when things do not go his way, something Biggar never does, ask anybody who watches the Pro12 each week what they think of him, I would go as far to say that Biggar is the best British or Irish no.10 in Europe at the moment.

Nope - Sexton is.  Biggar is one of the chasing group and probably better than Farrrell - but no way is he the best.  ~Sexton is

Farrell is crocked and needs fixing before we can work that one out properly. It is worth noting (just because obviously nobody ever talked about it and its sooo long ago) that in a very Welsh heavy Lions selection last time out there was one big omission from the wales team that played through the 6N. Farrell did go, and when they needed another FH they went for Hogg

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 pm

so far this season i have watched mainly english and welsh games so please excuse the lack os scots and irish but on form from the domestic games i have seen

Corbisiero (if he can stay fit!)
Hartley
Wilson
Jones
Launchberry
Johnson
Haskell
Faletau

Davies
Ford
North
Eastmond
Joseph
Cuthbert
Williams

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Scots in contention? - both Grays - and Jonny might just be the best around by then. Matt Scott, Hogg, Seymour, Bennett, Eadie, Swinson and the ginger tackle monster. Some of these guys are still young and developing but in 3 years time? Some will be in contention for sure. Jonny Gray, Tim Swinson, Mark Bennett, James Eadie perhaps the best chance of a place

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:20 am

beshocked wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Wasn't Biggar part of the Welsh side humiliated by Japan? Also he's been 10 when Wales drew with Fiji and lost to Samoa.

Farrell has helped England beat Australia and NZ - something you cannot say that Biggar has done for Wales.

Plus Farrell avenged the Cardiff defeat with a good performance vs Wales this year.

Farrell has his issues but he's proven his worth above Biggar.

Wasn't Farrell part of the Saracens team humiliated by Leinster?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:29 am

TJ wrote:Scots in contention?

They're having Lions quota's in 2017 are they? laughing

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:09 am

Can't you even wait until we are closer to the next tour than the previous one? Till after the World Cup?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:06 am

BamBam wrote:Liam Williams (might be 2nd choice, but the point still stands)

Liam WIlliams will be left at home for his own protection. He is a scut.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:50 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Can't you even wait until we are closer to the next tour than the previous one? Till after the World Cup?

Let's be realistic here. Gatland has probably already written down his starting XV, regardless of future form or fitness.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:03 am

Poorfour wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Can't you even wait until we are closer to the next tour than the previous one? Till after the World Cup?

Let's be realistic here. Gatland has probably already written down his starting XV, regardless of future form or fitness.
I'd rather let the Lions get scraped altogether (in favour of a Euro comp) then let Gatland be the coach again. To think we nearly lost to that Aussie team!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:16 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Poorfour wrote:

I'd rather let the Lions get scraped altogether (in favour of a Euro comp) then let Gatland be the coach again. To think we nearly lost to that Aussie team!

The hate still rolling in for the guy who put BODs career to bed laughing. Can't wait to see Gatland instrument another successful tour with Schmidt by his side and Lancaster as water boy.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:19 am

The Saint wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Poorfour wrote:

The hate still rolling in for the guy who put BODs career to bed laughing. Can't wait to see Gatland instrument another successful tour with Schmidt by his side and Lancaster as water boy.

Yea, Gatland would have no problem dumping his good mate Howley.

This is going to be the trip from hell anyway - only a lunatic will want to go on this (though this young man could well be in contention).

OptaJonny
‏@OptaJonny
98% - @Munsterrugby's Duncan Casey has the highest success rate of any hooker to throw into more than 30 lineouts (40/41). Accurate.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:21 am

Howley will be dumped by the WRU before then anyway.

I think some of you should show more respect to OBE Warren Gatland, he did win you guys a Lions tour after all.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:26 am

Cyril wrote:
brennomac wrote:Hilarious, the whole Lions charade is three years away and the English and Welsh are already at each other's throats. Must remind myself to put a block on any Lions threads on 606 for the next three years
Yep. Let's hope the Irish will have calmed down from the last tour before 2017 too!

Unlikely. This is how we are http://gfycat.com/WastefulSoreHornedviper
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:14 am

With the tour to NZ and England as world champions, it may well be similar to the last horror show in NZ, true Sin e Wink
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:52 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:With the tour to NZ and England as world champions, it may well be similar to the last horror show in NZ, true Sin e Wink
I would laugh but it isnt funny to even suggest that England will win the world cup because they are pretty crap! and have no notable run of form to suggest they are a shoein

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Good to see a fully active sense of irony, humour and perspective...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:38 pm

[quote="The Saint"]Howley will be dumped by the WRU before then anyway.

Oh I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope so, can they do it before the AIs or if not at least by the 6 Nations.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Oh feck it, let's try a test team.

The age that each player will be in summer 2017 is in brackets after their name. If I've got it wrong by a few months, then, well, I couldn't really give a crap.

01 Healy (30)
02 Best (34)
03 Wilson (32)
04 J. Gray (23)
05 Launchbury (26)
06 Wood (30)
07 O'Brien (30)
08 B. Vunipola (24)

09 Care (30)
10 Sexton (32)
11 Yarde (25)
12 Williams (27)/Marshall (26)
13 Tuilagi (26)
14 Trimble (31)
15 Halfpenny (28)

16 Corbisiero (29)
17 Cronin (30)
18 Cole (30)
19 Lawes (28)
20 Robshaw (31)
21 Murray (28)
22 Farrell (26)
23 Brown (31)
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:32 am

beshocked wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
beshocked wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
wrfc1980 wrote:

Neither did Barry John, Phil Bennett or Jiffy but wouldn't say Farrell was better than any of them.

Sorry when did I say Farrell is better than any of them? In time he might well be but I guess it depends what you want from a 10.

Farrell is 23 - you would expect he will have a long career so we don't know what he will achieve in that time.

I know anything's possible but that's stretching the imagination a bit far. In 60 years of watching rugby I've seen all the best British fly-halves playing live - Cliff Morgan, Richard Sharp, David Watkins, Barry John, Phil Bennett, John Rutherford, Jonathan Davies, Ollie Campbell, Rob Andrew, Jonny Wilkinson, Ronan O'Gara, Johnny Sexton (sorry to miss anyone out) - and I don't reckon Owen Farrell or Dan Biggar will ever make the list. They're both good, at times very good, but for me the magic spark isn't there.

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:55 am

George Carlin wrote:Oh feck it, let's try a test team.

The age that each player will be in summer 2017 is in brackets after their name. If I've got it wrong by a few months, then, well, I couldn't really give a crap.

01 Healy (30)
02 Best (34)
03 Wilson (32)
04 J. Gray (23)
05 Launchbury (26)
06 Wood (30)
07 O'Brien (30)
08 B. Vunipola (24)

09 Care (30)
10 Sexton (32)
11 Yarde (25)
13 Tuilagi (26)
14 Trimble (31)
15 Halfpenny (28)

16 Corbisiero (29)
17 Cronin (30)
18 Cole (30)
19 Lawes (28)
20 Robshaw (31)
21 Murray (28)
22 Farrell (26)
23 Brown (31)

Haven't joined this debate as it's so ridiculously early but one area of interest for me is which up and coming players might make it.From an Irish perspective I think Henderson will definitely be good enough,Olding and McCloskey at centre for Ulster and Henshaw for Connacht are players with huge potential while Furlong at TH for Leinster looks like a player with a big future.

What English,Welsh or Scottish players who fans from other nations might not be familiar with could be on the flight?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:11 am

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

01 Healy (30)
02 Best (34)
03 Wilson (32)
04 J. Gray (23)
05 Launchbury (26)
06 Wood (30)
07 O'Brien (30)
08 B. Vunipola (24)

09 Care (30)
10 Sexton (32)
11 Yarde (25)
13 Tuilagi (26)
14 Trimble (31)
15 Halfpenny (28)

16 Corbisiero (29)
17 Cronin (30)
18 Cole (30)
19 Lawes (28)
20 Robshaw (31)
21 Murray (28)
22 Farrell (26)
23 Brown (31)

Haven't joined this debate as it's so ridiculously early but one area of interest for me is which up and coming players might make it.From an Irish perspective I think Henderson will definitely be good enough,Olding and McCloskey at centre for Ulster and Henshaw for Connacht are players with huge potential while Furlong at TH for Leinster looks like a player with a big future.

What English,Welsh or Scottish players who fans from other nations might not be familiar with could be on the flight?
In terms of Scottish Lions (who aren't in the medical staff):

- Matt Scott - Warren Gatland has candidly said in interviews that the toughest judgement call in selecting the 2013 Lions squad was whether to choose Billy Twelvetrees or Matt Scott. In Rugby World, Gats said that he 'basically tossed a coin' in the end. There's a reason for that. Prince of centres and the most talented of Scotland's midfield brat pack.

- Jonny Gray - only Joe Launchbury springs to mind as having achieved so much so young in an analogous position. 6'7" and 19 stones, he captained Scotland U20s when he'd barely had his 18th birthday. Has never looked out of place in any company, he is holding down a starting berth in a Glasgow team with talent at lock to spare. Really loves the grunt work (unlike his brother).

- Mark Bennett - he isn't referred to (only half mockingly) as the 'Messiah' for nothing. Outstanding step, wonderful passing, great vision. Grabbed by the Clermont youth set up, Glasgow poached him back and he is set to be one of the most important Scottish players of his time.

I could bang on but I won't. Other excellent young Scottish players who could well tour are Alex Dunbar (centre), Stuart Hogg (full back) and Grant Gilchrist (lock).

And that's before we even get into guys like Josh Strauss who will already have played for Scotland (probably) by the time of the next Lions tour.

The number of quality centres that we've got is really very, very encouraging - Eastmond, Hill, Joseph, Manu, Trinder, Scott, Bennett, Fife, Cory Allen, Scott Williams, Cave, Olding, Henshaw, Marshall, Reid and that's just off the top of my heed.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:41 am

George Carlin wrote:
In terms of Scottish Lions (who aren't in the medical staff):

- Matt Scott - Warren Gatland has candidly said in interviews that the toughest judgement call in selecting the 2013 Lions squad was whether to choose Billy Twelvetrees or Matt Scott. In Rugby World, Gats said that he 'basically tossed a coin' in the end. There's a reason for that. Prince of centres and the most talented of Scotland's midfield brat pack.

- Jonny Gray - only Joe Launchbury springs to mind as having achieved so much so young in an analogous position. 6'7" and 19 stones, he captained Scotland U20s when he'd barely had his 18th birthday. Has never looked out of place in any company, he is holding down a starting berth in a Glasgow team with talent at lock to spare. Really loves the grunt work (unlike his brother).

- Mark Bennett - he isn't referred to (only half mockingly) as the 'Messiah' for nothing. Outstanding step, wonderful passing, great vision. Grabbed by the Clermont youth set up, Glasgow poached him back and he is set to be one of the most important Scottish players of his time.

I could bang on but I won't. Other excellent young Scottish players who could well tour are Alex Dunbar (centre), Stuart Hogg (full back) and Grant Gilchrist (lock).

And that's before we even get into guys like Josh Strauss who will already have played for Scotland (probably) by the time of the next Lions tour.

The number of quality centres that we've got is really very, very encouraging - Eastmond, Hill, Joseph, Manu, Trinder, Scott, Bennett, Fife, Cory Allen, Scott Williams, Cave, Olding, Henshaw, Marshall, Reid and that's just off the top of my heed.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for Bennett and Scott,I know the others you've mentioned and there is some great talent there,I really like Jonny Gray but lock is gonna be one hell of a hard fought position between the Gray,current English pair,AWJ,Henderson and I'm sure there will be others.It could really come down to who's lucky enough to stay injury free in a lot of cases.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:39 pm

The Saint wrote:Howley will be dumped by the WRU before then anyway.

I think some of you should show more respect to OBE Warren Gatland, he did win you guys a Lions tour after all.

Maybe Howley will be the Lions head coach. He is the last coach to win a championship for Wales after all.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Submachine wrote:

Maybe Howley will be the Lions head coach. He is the last coach to win a championship for Wales after all.

That's a bit like saying Declan Kidney should have been Lions coach in 2013. What a disaster that would have been though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:49 am

01 Healy (30)
02 Best (34)
03 Wilson (32)
04 J. Gray (23)
05 Launchbury (26)
06 Wood (30)
07 O'Brien (30)
08 B. Vunipola (24)

09 Care (30)
10 Sexton (32)
11 Yarde (25)
13 Tuilagi (26)
14 Trimble (31)
15 Halfpenny (28)

16 Corbisiero (29)
17 Cronin (30)
18 Cole (30)
19 Lawes (28)
20 Robshaw (31)
21 Murray (28)
22 Farrell (26)
23 Brown (31)

Why would you pair Sexton with Care and Farrell with Murray. Surely you would be looking to keep as many existing partnerships together?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:51 am

The Saint wrote:
Submachine wrote:

That's a bit like saying Declan Kidney should have been Lions coach in 2013. What a disaster that would have been though.

Why? Its not as if the Australians were competitive. Gatland made hard work of the win.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:45 am

Not sure Kidney would have been a "disaster" either.

Could be a pretty decent coaching panel for the next tour to NZ just thinking about it. Assuming no sackings between now and then, the head coaches are: Vern Cotter, Joe Schmidt, Stuart Lancaster and Warren Gatland. Pretty muppet free grouping there.

Schmidt - Head Coach and Backs
Cotter - Forwards
Rowntree - Scrum
Farrell - Defence
Robson - Doctor
Gatland - Director of Communications

Sorted. Lancaster can have his go once his contract expires in 2082.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:45 am

Sin é wrote:

01 Healy (30)
02 Best (34)
03 Wilson (32)
04 J. Gray (23)
05 Launchbury (26)
06 Wood (30)
07 O'Brien (30)
08 B. Vunipola (24)

09 Care (30)
10 Sexton (32)
11 Yarde (25)
13 Tuilagi (26)
14 Trimble (31)
15 Halfpenny (28)

16 Corbisiero (29)
17 Cronin (30)
18 Cole (30)
19 Lawes (28)
20 Robshaw (31)
21 Murray (28)
22 Farrell (26)
23 Brown (31)

Why would you pair Sexton with Care and Farrell with Murray. Surely you would be looking to keep as many existing partnerships together?
What can I tell you, Sin? I'm a puzzle. Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:53 am

Gatland should be demoted to press officer - the only people he gets along with.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:50 am

I really hope gatland not the next lions coach . It really effected Wales . Saying that Winning the last one makes him one of the favorites . Hope its Lancaster . He has won against the all blacks

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:45 am

I don't care who it is as long as it isn't the Irish coach.

The Lions is like a school fraternity.  All the kids who go to the same school pretend they like each other and get on and have the craic..... but when the last day comes....................................

....that was then, this is now, the guy who sat beside me was a bollix, I avoid him in the street whenever I see him before he sees me, I hated shcool (obviously - with that spelling! Wink ), would never go back, got me new friends, got me girlfriend, got me job - I don't want no reunion invites!!!!.

The Lions though is a group of uneasily grown up kids who never went to fend for themselves in the big world.  They still sit at their desks, still do the pranks at the back of class.  But the teacher ain't there no more, the school is derelict, there is a skeleton in a pile under the blackboard where the teacher used to be, and those rascals still giggling at the back of the room..................... they're a very odd bunch indeed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next