The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+8
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
trottb
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

An arthropod is an invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and jointed appendages. Arthropods form the phylum Arthropoda, and include the insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:24 am

Tino wrote:He generally had no shirt on. Fair enough, he was in great shape, but no shirt in The View. What's all that about? In reality, we should have been wearing bio-hazzard suits in there, but definitely not being shirtless.

Who was he trying to impress...  If your tattoos are spelt right and you can afford a WKD you are guaranteed to get laid in there...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:30 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:He generally had no shirt on. Fair enough, he was in great shape, but no shirt in The View. What's all that about? In reality, we should have been wearing bio-hazzard suits in there, but definitely not being shirtless.

Who was he trying to impress...  If your tattoos are spelt right and you can afford a WKD you are guaranteed to get laid in there...

That's where you went wrong, Ricko. The classier girls in the view wanted Hooch, not WKD.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:31 am

Rowley wrote:LD do you have any tenuous celebrity hangouts? The pub Guy Pearce allegedly drinks in. The school one of the Minogue's went to? Am not going to spend that kind of money without something of this nature on the table.

Plenty Jeff.

I can take you to the hotels where Tony Hancock and Michael Hutchence overdosed, the spot where Dr Bogle and Mrs Chandler were found murdered on New Years Day 1963. There's lots of interesting places with history attached. For example - did you know that a few Royals/Governors escaped assassination attempts and/or freakish accidents with horse-drawn vehicles? Some survived. Some were not so lucky.

You can easily bump into or see local celebrities here and there in the trendiest of locations. The temptation for certain famous people to hang out in bars and public places without showing too much concern for security, paparazzi, mixing with the average Joe, etc - is obviously too great.

Most people here just want to get out and be part of "the scene" and many actors feel exactly the same way and want to be seen enjoying both indoors/outdoors events... mixing amongst the people. (the egalitarian, classless society sort of thing... neither of which is true, ironically!)

I tend to avoid them most of the time though. I'm simply not the celebrity watching type. But you do notice their awkward movements at certain events out of the corner of your eye sometimes.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:If anyone visits me 

Optimistic.  

Pr1ck.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:41 am

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:If anyone visits me 

Optimistic.  

Pr1ck.  

I think I had some ancestors who lived around Linlithgow, superfly. Wasn't someone holed up there for a while about 500 years ago?

No, just checked. It was the assassination of James Stewart in 1570. One of the first by a firearm I think.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:47 am

Birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots, LD. One of her ancestors built the palace and it's still standing and in pretty decent condition. Nice pub called the 4 Mary's just across the road from the palace.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:51 am

superflyweight wrote:Birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots, LD.  One of her ancestors built the palace and it's still standing and in pretty decent condition.  Nice pub called the 4 Mary's just across the road from the palace.  

Of course. Some story I heard when she was on the run and staying at some Lord's house (somewhere on the West Coast or even that island just off?.. Moray?) The house was being raided by clansmen who had recently turned Royalist. A bit of an unexpected ambush.

She jumped on a horse and yelled back at the host: "Don't worry Mr So and so ... I'll buy you a new home when this is all over!"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:52 am

Tino wrote:That's where you went wrong, Ricko. The classier girls in the view wanted Hooch, not WKD.

If you were in 'The View' with a view to pulling, class should not have been on your tick list Tino...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:12 pm

Diamond White and Castaway in a pint glass was de rigeur when I was frequenting such establishments, 'Blastaway' I think it was known as. If downed fast enough it could induce temporary blindness.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:14 pm

There was a nightclub built into the old Rotherham ground, the Tivoli. 15 quid to get in and all you booze free. That used to be fun.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:19 pm

Union Cane wrote:Never understood Rugby League either, seems even sillier than the other one to me.

Jump on, get off, jump on, get off, jump on, get off, jump on, get off, kick, repeat.
Sounds like the relationship Stan Collymore had with Ulrika

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:21 pm

Bet you are a Tokyo's regular now all the rock clubs are shut in Bradford DAVE.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:33 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:That's where you went wrong, Ricko. The classier girls in the view wanted Hooch, not WKD.

If you were in 'The View' with a view to pulling, class should not have been on your tick list Tino...

It's never acceptable to lower ones standards, Rick.

I still can't shake the awful feeling that you and I had a go on the same girls.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:35 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

I still can't shake the awful feeling that you and I had a go on the same girls.

Plural - who are you trying to kid?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:39 pm

Tino wrote:It's never acceptable to lower ones standards, Rick.

More than likely especially if you pre loaded in Frodsham...

Not sure I let the air out properly each time as well...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Does conjoined twins count as one or two?

Grey area.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Grey area.

Depends how many flanges there are. Veering into michaels territory here.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Grey area.

Don't care how old they are, it counts as one.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:45 pm

Anyone want a quick general knowledge quiz I am testing for a local boozer?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:48 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Anyone want a quick general knowledge quiz I am testing for a local boozer?

Line them up, I'll knock them down...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:48 pm

I would expect nothing less Union...

Ill pop up the first 5 10 in a mo

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm

1 What types of games are canasta, cribbage and bezique
2 In 1909 who was credited as saying "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black"
3 Sushi is what type of food stuff?
4 The Spanish Dollar first minted in 1497 or Peso de Ocho literally translates into English as what
5 who provides the voice for Princess Fiona in the Shrek Movies?
6 A life size replica of which Pop star is being used by a Norfolk couple to make the wife feel more secure at night when driving? A) Cliff Richard B) Barry White C) Mick Jagger
7 Steve Rogers is the Alter Ego of Which Super Hero?
8 What is the most Northernly of the Channel Islands?
9 What ceremony takes place every night at The Tower of London at exactly 9.53 pm
10 What is the Capital City of Austria

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

1 What types of games are canasta, cribbage and bezique
2 In 1909 who was credited as saying "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black"
4 The Spanish Dollar first minted in 1497 or Peso de Ocho literally translates into English as what
6 A life size replica of which Pop star is being used by a Norfolk couple to make the wife feel more secure at night when driving? A) Cliff Richard  B) Barry White  C) Mick Jagger
8 What is the most Northernly of the Channel Islands?
9 What ceremony takes place every night at The Tower of London at exactly 9.53 pm
10 What is the Capital City of Austria

2 is Ford.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

First name Tino, you are better than that

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

1. Card
2. Henry Ford
3. Fish
4. Piece of Eight
5. Dunno
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:51 pm

6. Dunno
7. Dunno
8. Alderney
9. Dunno
10. Vienna
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:51 pm

1 What types of games are canasta, cribbage and bezique - Card -Union
2 In 1909 who was credited as saying "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black" Henry Ford - Union
4 The Spanish Dollar first minted in 1497 or Peso de Ocho literally translates into English as what Piece of 8- Union
6 A life size replica of which Pop star is being used by a Norfolk couple to make the wife feel more secure at night when driving? A) Cliff Richard B) Barry White C) Mick Jagger
8 What is the most Northernly of the Channel Islands? Alderney -Union
10 What is the Capital City of Austria - Vienna - Union

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:53 pm

Left the easy ones for Tino...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm

Union Cane wrote:Left the easy ones for Tino...

I knew 1, 2, 4 and 10.

You were too quick on most of them, Rick is being an arse over Ford.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:56 pm

Tino wrote:Rick is being an arse over Ford.

Just keeping standards around here Tino...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:56 pm

3. Japanese
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:58 pm

2 In 1909 who was credited as saying "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black" Henry Ford - Union
3 Sushi is what type of food stuff? Rice - Tino
4 The Spanish Dollar first minted in 1497 or Peso de Ocho literally translates into English as what Piece of 8- Union
7 Steve Rogers is the Alter Ego of Which Super Hero? Captain America - Tino

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:58 pm

Not Japanese and not fish.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Not Japanese and not fish.

Condoleeza?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm

3. Tasty
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm

Tino wrote:Condoleeza?

yup

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Condoleeza?

yup

7 -Captain America? Thor? Bionic Man? Andy Farrell?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

7 - cap

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:05 pm

9 - Galted has a ceremonial w*nk?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:07 pm

Got my blood results back just now. Apparently my EPO levels are five percent above the normal. Tour de France here I come
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:08 pm

5 is Cameron Diaz.

Is 9 something to do with the Ravens?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:09 pm

3 Sushi is what type of food stuff? Rice - Tino
5 who provides the voice for Princess Fiona in the Shrek Movies? Cameron Diaz - super
7 Steve Rogers is the Alter Ego of Which Super Hero? Captain America - Tino

Ravens are around but nothing to dow with it super

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:09 pm

Baps

Last edited by superflyweight on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fuck knows how that happened.)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm

Not Baps

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : super is quicker at editing than I thought,)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm

Does one of the Beefeaters get a go on the Queen?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:12 pm

super wrote:Does one of the Beefeaters get a go on the Queen?

Probably what Galted is whacking one out over... But not in this case.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:14 pm

superflyweight wrote:Does one of the Beefeaters get a go on the Queen?  

Hence the name, I suppose.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:15 pm

Union Cane wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Does one of the Beefeaters get a go on the Queen?  

Hence the name, I suppose.

Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm

Do they do something with the Crown Jewels?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:20 pm

Ooh I say.

Is it Cliff Richard?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next