The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
JuliusHMarx
Adam D
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Rowley
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Oct 2014, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane wrote:Decades, lol.

Oh Christ.

Not this again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We have this toy thingy at home that the little'un sits in to stop her cracking her head open when they are learning to sit.

It's like a big soft, canvass circle with a flat middle part that they sit in and then soft outer sides that have various bells and bits of fabric for them to chew and play with.

When she's grown out of it would you be interested in selling it to me? I could do with something like that once I have had a few.

I'll do a swap for a log store.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:59 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We have this toy thingy at home that the little'un sits in to stop her cracking her head open when they are learning to sit.

It's like a big soft, canvass circle with a flat middle part that they sit in and then soft outer sides that have various bells and bits of fabric for them to chew and play with.

When she's grown out of it would you be interested in selling it to me? I could do with something like that once I have had a few.

We had one of those for our kids when they were young. Ours was made of canvas though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:00 am

Jeff wrote:No radio either. I decide what music gets played in my car

To to go with one of the news/sports channels in the morning Jeff, otherwise I end up with an ear worm in my head all day.

Last edited by rick_dagless on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meant to add great use of nugatory in the boxing thread as well, so I will put it here...)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:01 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

We had one of those for our kids when they were young. Ours was made of canvas though.

You kept your kids outside in a log store?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:06 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Yes. They are now men of the north - even my daughter.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:06 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:09 am

Had my first fire last night. Neighbours a couple of doors down brought me some apple tree branches that had been sat in their allotment for a year or so. burnt beautifully although he did say they would smell nice. Smelt like smoke to me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:18 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Laugh

Go ahead and laugh Tino. I'll always have 'canvass'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:23 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Laugh

Go ahead and laugh Tino. I'll always have 'canvass'.

Like that's the only spelling mistake of mine you can cling on to.

It doesn't bother me, Jules. We both used 'charlatan'. That's made up for a lifetime of hurt.

Just don't start using 'ennui' and 'oeuvre'. I don't think I could cope with that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:27 am

Don't worry Tino. 'Ennui' is not in my oeuvre.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:31 am

I won't apologise for having a good vocabulary. Should not be forced to dumb things down just to avoid upsetting the less loquacious amongst us.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:36 am

Rowley wrote:I won't apologise for having a good vocabulary. Should not be forced to dumb things down just to avoid upsetting the less loquacious amongst us.

Will you apologise for an incorrect use of the word 'loquacious'?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:37 am

Rowley wrote:I won't apologise for having a good vocabulary. Should not be forced to dumb things down just to avoid upsetting the less loquacious amongst us.

And so you shouldn't, Jeffrey.

There are a multitude of things you should apologise for, Price Philip jibes being one of them, but don't ever apologise for your wordiness.

Just like I won't apologise for having a good jumper collection.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:42 am

It is not misused Julius. Its most common use is for someone who is verbose in their talking style, but it can also be used, albeit less commonly, for a wordy person or someone with a volumous vocabulary.

Tina, the Prince Philip jibe was more than cancelled out by you calling me pretensious as you well know. I have moved on, you need to do likewise.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:48 am

Rowley wrote:....someone with a volumous vocabulary.

In my vocabulary that's 'bollox'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:52 am

Tend to agree Jules, but how often do you get the chance to use the word volumous. Far too infrequently to let the opportunity pass in my opinion.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Indeed, I would never consider Jeffrey is the garrulous type.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:56 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Indeed, I would never consider Jeffrey is the garrulous type.

Don't bother Sean, it just looks forced. Let's leave the old fellas to battle it out with words.

Shall we talk about WWII or minges? Your shout.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:56 am

Such magniloquent grandiloquence, yet some of the spelling is heinously erroneous.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:59 am

You are all sesquipidelian, stop it.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:02 am

Shall we talk about WWII or minges?  Your shout.

Careful Tina, if people think it is open house they will try and talk golf. Tread carefully.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:03 am

Rowley wrote:

Careful Tina, if people think it is open house they will try and talk golf. Tread carefully.

...and avoid those bunkers to the left.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:03 am

We are probably safe, Jeff.

Tiger Kingraf isn't around and Union is too sh*t to talk about it too much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:04 am

Had an email from a mate who went to see Fury last night. Said it was amazing and must be seen at the cinema so I may take a trip later in the week.

Isn't Jolie producing a film about the Pacific arena? Bombers I think?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:05 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Rowley wrote:

...and avoid those bunkers to the left.

Strike while the three iron is hot.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Had an email from a mate who went to see Fury last night. Said it was amazing and must be seen at the cinema so I may take a trip later in the week.

I really want to see Fury but the missus won't come. I will have to go on my own.

I haven't heard about the Jolie thing. I really liked the series Pacific, but not as much as Band of Brothers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Unbroken it's called.
They did some filming here last year I think. Jolie spent a few months scouting for locations. It's about some bomber pilot who survived on a raft for 47 days... then 2 and a half years in a Japanese P.O.W. camp.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:12 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Unbroken it's called.
They did some filming here last year I think. Jolie spent a few months scouting for locations. It's about some bomber pilot who survived on a raft for 47 days... then 2 and a half years in a Japanese P.O.W. camp.

That's it. Seems a bit boring. Prefer full scale battles - would prefer a remake of the Battle of Midway. Could be awesome.

Filmed in Werris Creek NSW thumbsup

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:12 am

I could not get on with Pacific. Just seemed a pale imitation of Band of Brothers. Am going the cinema this weekend. May go and see Fury if Gone Girl is not still on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:13 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Unbroken it's called.

Has it got Adam Sandler in the lead?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:15 am

Rowley wrote:I could not get on with Pacific. Just seemed a pale imitation of Band of Brothers. Am going the cinema this weekend. May go and see Fury if Gone Girl is not still on.

It wasn't as good, there is no doubting that. Still worth watching though.

My mother-in-law went to see Gone Girl the other night. She enjoyed it.

There's a review for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:20 am

Adam D wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Unbroken it's called.

ha ha. I think Ben Stiller plays the camp commandant.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:21 am

Rowley wrote:I could not get on with Pacific. Just seemed a pale imitation of Band of Brothers. Am going the cinema this weekend. May go and see Fury if Gone Girl is not still on.

I liked the Pacific. A bit less full on war than BOB but some good intertwined story lines. I loved that Greek girl. Haven't scene it for a while. May start again tonight if I can find my DVD player.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:25 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Adam D wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Unbroken it's called.

ha ha. I think Ben Stiller plays the camp commandant.

Will Ferrell plays the raft.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:27 am

I don't get the dislike of Will Ferrell. He's bloody funny.

When I got to my mates on Saturday he was watching a film with Seth Rogan about Neighbours or something. I was nearly crying in the fight scene. So funny.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:32 am

That's twice you've cried in the last week, mate.

Good to clear the cobwebs and point the ship in a new direction. No harm in that at all.

In fact I feel a little blocked up myself but have been riding it out.

I must be in a drought? Anyone know where I can get a bottle of platypus tears?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

TLD wrote:I can get a bottle of platypus tears?

Go kick a platypus in the nuts...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:35 am

I once considered crying, I think it was when my first kid was born.

I quickly remembered I am a Man of the North so didn't bother.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:37 am

Those poor 2 horses at the Melbourne Cup today. Can't believe the favourite is dead. Also another stayer got put down a couple of hours ago.

I'm no huge horse racing fan but here it's hard to avoid. It was very graphic vision. The Japanese horse must have had a massive heart attack. The other one got scared by a kid waving a flag and kicked a fence post... broke it's leg. It also got put down.

I feel so guilty. I had 2 trifectas and got 1st, 3rd & 4th in one of them. The winner was the fastest time ever over the 3200m as well.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:38 am

Tino wrote:I quickly remembered I am a Man of the North so didn't bother.

Crying is only allowed when a loyal dog dies in a film.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:40 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:I quickly remembered I am a Man of the North so didn't bother.

Crying is only allowed when a loyal dog dies in a film.

Only then if the room is particularly dusty.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:40 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Those poor 2 horses at the Melbourne Cup today. Can't believe the favourite is dead.

Mate was there. He was backing the Irish horse, wasn't that the favourite?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:42 am

Do you remember what pubs used to be like? We were talking about this the other day. When we'd go out Friday and Saturday night there'd be a group of 10-15 of us in the corner of this pub and I'd say at least 10 of us would have smoked. Used to spend the whole night crying in those days.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:44 am

There were a couple of Irish ones but I think I know the one you're talking about. Mutual Regard?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:53 am

No sean, Admire Rakti was the clear favourite since it won the Caufield Cup last week.

The Japanese owners were about to withdraw it after the VRC added a 0.5kg penalty last week taking it to a 58.5kg handicap. Still below the most ever at 59 or 59.5kgs.

My theory is that is was too much for an old horse and it was probably flogged too hard over the long distance. It finished last out the 22 runners so something was seriously out of order. It's really quite a sad story.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:00 am

Not sure of the name. He's probably too pi55ed now to remember anyway!

What do curators / lawn specialists get paid out there? Seen as a good living?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:11 am

seanmichaels wrote:Not sure of the name. He's probably too pi55ed now to remember anyway!

Depends on the venue. There are some very nice patches of lawn out here as you know. The more prestigious the location the better the remuneration I'd guess.

Remember that English or Scottish bloke that got to spend a year at some island resort on the Barrier Reef on top money? Thousands applied for the job.

However, I only heard last week that the position was extinguished (due to Gvt cost cutting which has upset the environmentalists) and the gig is up for the now unlucky guy.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:18 am

Anyone been to the Cressing Road Stadium in Braintree?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:24 am

Union Cane wrote:Anyone been to the Cressing Road Stadium in Braintree?

No, but I have been to the International Centre in Brentwood.

Brentwood and Braintree are only 23.6 miles apart according to AA routefinder.

Any help?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:24 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Not sure of the name. He's probably too pi55ed now to remember anyway!

Depends on the venue. There are some very nice patches of lawn out here as you know. The more prestigious the location the better the remuneration I'd guess.

Remember that English or Scottish bloke that got to spend a year at some island resort on the Barrier Reef on top money? Thousands applied for the job.

However, I only heard last week that the position was extinguished (due to Gvt cost cutting which has upset the environmentalists) and the gig is up for the now unlucky guy.

Mate's club in Brisbane need a groundsman/curator. Can't leave yet though. I'd probably get fried up there as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next