The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage LXXX

+10
Marky
Fernando
Holymiky
sodhat
Hero
Fluxy
The Special Juan
Azzy
nadeem2099
Good Golly I'm Olly
14 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage LXXX - Page 3 Empty Euro Division Homepage LXXX

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Nadal Semi League

Schedule
League Table
TP Bids
Lawyers
Transfer Confirmation Page
Injuries
Players in the League
Rumor Mill
Rules Page
Prediction

Teams
Genk
US Palermo
PAOK
HSC MONTPELLIER
Getafe CF
Hellas Verona
Granada C(ricket)F(an)
FC Giroud In BoredHoes
FC I thought she was Twente
SV Werder Bremen
FC Basel 1893

Transfers are now open.
Next Tactics due Monday 3rd November, to be sent to Afro. Afro to vote by Friday the 7th November.

Week 8:

TRANSFERMARKT ADVANCED SEARCH:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage LXXX - Page 3 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage LXXX

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am

Viva - whilst I agree with you on the criticism of young players being unjust, and also on the potential in Luke Shaw, the rest of your post does just back up your opening statement!

Hero - he's the Costa Rican guy isn't he. Haven't seen very much of him at all, but I remembered he had a really good world cup didn't he?

Last edited by Afro on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:34 am

I like Chambers. Think he has a lot to learn still, but he looks like he is going to be top drawer.

Him and John Stones as the England CB pairing in 5 years time?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:35 am

GSC wrote:
Hero wrote:Is that the same Chambers who won Arsenal's player of the month in his first month there?

If Chambers had moved to United and Shaw to Arsenal, Viva would be commenting on how Chambers was a steal, Wenger was ruining English football by overpaying for youth etc

Even Azzy Mahmood would have won Player Of The Month at Arsenal the way they've been playing so far, it's nothing to brag about if I'm honest. 

If Shaw moved to Arsenal and we signed Chambers I'd have put my hands up and say "Wenger you've signed a good player" Wenger thinks he is helping English Football but he isn't really when you're spending that much money on a player who doesn't have a concrete position.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 am

John Stones is decent so far because he is playing at Everton if he was to move to a bigger club he'd be in the same position. Stones will only become an England regular because of the lack of good players we have.

The only Engish young player that I think will go for is Chamberlain he is a talented boy.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 am

Koba wrote:
GSC wrote:
Hero wrote:Is that the same Chambers who won Arsenal's player of the month in his first month there?

If Chambers had moved to United and Shaw to Arsenal, Viva would be commenting on how Chambers was a steal, Wenger was ruining English football by overpaying for youth etc

Even Azzy Mahmood would have won Player Of The Month at Arsenal the way they've been playing so far, it's nothing to brag about if I'm honest. 

If Shaw moved to Arsenal and we signed Chambers I'd have put my hands up and say "Wenger you've signed a good player" Wenger thinks he is helping English Football but he isn't really when you're spending that much money on a player who doesn't have a concrete position.

I thought the exact same as GSC when I first read your post. You are coming across as completely United blinkered atm.

The reason Chambers has moved around is because of the injuries Arsenal have had. I think Chambers, Wenger, everyone at Arsenal, and most outsiders looking in see Chambers as a CB . That is why Arsenal signed Debuchy.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am

Koba wrote:One thing the fans in this country are good at doing is killing a young players career before it's over.  

If you want to have a go have a go at Chambers he is awful, awful and more awful. He is not a right back or a centre back he is nothing, every time I've watched him he looks out of his depth, struggling against the winger too slow to make a challenge, caught out of position. He is lucky that Shaw has taken the flak because of his price which has over shadowed Chambers move to Arsenal. Wenger should have kept Jenkinson who is a trillion times better. I hope for England's sake Chambers does not make the England first team.

#moreironythanaAlanisMorisettesong

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:45 am

John Stones will be the best English centre back since Bobby Moore
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:46 am

GSC wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/22/roy-keane-manchester-united-mafia?CMP=twt_gu

“People get swayed by Paddy Crerand. Paddy still thinks it’s nineteen-sixty-****ing-seven!

Laugh

Roy Keane thinks the world owes him an apology for his Frak ups. I'll always rate him as a world class player who always gave his best. I read his book and it was full of excuses and attacking others. Keane is suffering from depression but he doesn't realise it yet. Keane does not compare to the great Bryan Robson, just because you can't control your tounge does not give you the right to have a go at others. I wish Cantona thumps him one day. I'm losing respect for Keane more and more very day (He used to be my favourite player of all time and I even convinced my school that Keane was the greatest player of all time)
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:47 am

Afro wrote:Viva - whilst I agree with you on the criticism of young players being unjust, and also on the potential in Luke Shaw, the rest of your post does just back up your opening statement!

Hero - he's the Costa Rican guy isn't he. Haven't seen very much of him at all, but I remembered he had a really good world cup didn't he?

He did quite!
Tbh Id given up on him as I thought he'd have moved to the Premier League, but appears he went to Serie A and had a great debut match so happy days.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:48 am

Koba wrote:
GSC wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/22/roy-keane-manchester-united-mafia?CMP=twt_gu

“People get swayed by Paddy Crerand. Paddy still thinks it’s nineteen-sixty-****ing-seven!

Laugh

Roy Keane thinks the world owes him an apology for his Frak ups. I'll always rate him as a world class player who always gave his best. I read his book and it was full of excuses and attacking others. Keane is suffering from depression but he doesn't realise it yet. Keane does not compare to the great Bryan Robson, just because you can't control your tounge does not give you the right to have a go at others. I wish Cantona thumps him one day. I'm losing respect for Keane more and more very day (He used to be my favourite player of all time and I even convinced my school that Keane was the greatest player of all time)

Not hard when most of the class dribbled in cups.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:55 am

I just wrote a 3 paragraph post and I couldn't post it because the page has been locked. Well done GSC, I told you on page 20 we need a new page. 

Hero I don't believe you're a real person anymore, I think you are a robot/mole that has been perfectly placed on this forum to post propaganda against United but pretending to be a United fan. 

Anyone listen to George Ezra?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:57 am

Hero wrote:
Koba wrote:

Laugh

Wow that's a terrible comment Hero. I think I'll stay away from the topic until you boys calm down.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:00 am

Koba wrote:
Hero wrote:
Koba wrote:

Laugh

Wow that's a terrible comment Hero. I think I'll stay away from the topic until you boys calm down.

Laugh

I think the ironymeter just exploded.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:01 am

Hero wrote:
Afro wrote:Viva - whilst I agree with you on the criticism of young players being unjust, and also on the potential in Luke Shaw, the rest of your post does just back up your opening statement!

He did quite!
Tbh Id given up on him as I thought he'd have moved to the Premier League, but appears he went to Serie A and had a great debut match so happy days.

Hah, reminds me of when PVA randomly moved to Sunderland
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:02 am

I just had to leave work to go and take a dump because it smelt so bad that I didn't want to leave that lingering here.

Vindaloo + Guinness = crippling stomach cramps.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:03 am

Afro wrote:
Koba wrote:
Hero wrote:
Koba wrote:

Laugh

Laugh

Please explain Uncle Afro.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:04 am

Euro Division Homepage LXXX - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIXUGFOb-tFMPVzz3YmyPDhMGoMH0m6ry9kocYuEEag00ZWIDXpHjVuas
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:04 am

Koba wrote:I just wrote a 3 paragraph post and I couldn't post it because the page has been locked. Well done GSC, I told you on page 20 we need a new page. 
After working about 27 hours the last 2 days on about 9 hours sleep, I can assure you no ****s are given.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 am

Koba wrote:
Afro wrote:
Koba wrote:
Hero wrote:
Koba wrote:

Laugh

Laugh

Please explain Uncle Afro.

In less than hour you've had a rant about Chambers and Keane, and had another 3 paragraph post that you couldn't post.

If I had to give a badge to someone for being the most wound up this morning, I would have picked you above anyone
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:09 am

I don't understand the irony Presidente Afro. 

GSC there are kids starving and you're moaning about not getting enough sleep. You didn't work 27 hours, you dossed for 20 off them anyway.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:09 am

Just remembered an interview with Brendan Rodgers* I heard on Talksport driving home yesterday.

He called Balotelli a soloist, and i was wondering if he had been interviewed through the profanity filter on here Laugh

* think it was Rodgers, could have been someone else

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:11 am

I gave an honest verdict, I didn't abuse them or call them nasty words. I had a rant (if that's what you want to call it) but it was fair and no malice involved.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:15 am

League Table up.

Playing Hero and Soddy back to back after my vote this week looms large
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 am

Koba wrote:I gave an honest verdict, I didn't abuse them or call them nasty words. I had a rant (if that's what you want to call it) but it was fair and no malice involved.

You are entitled to your opinion and verdict as much as anyone else. I am not picking on what you said.

You are allowed a rant - I have no problems with that either.

You said you would come back when we had calmed down and I was just saying that I thought you appeared more wound up than anyone this morning. - also no problem if you are or aren't wound up. I have days where I am more worked up than other days.

But from my perspective the irony was the person who appears the most wound up saying he would come back when everyone else had calmed down.

Which was amusing, nothing else
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 am

GSC wrote:League Table up.

Playing Hero and Soddy back to back after my vote this week looms large

PAOK are climbing Euro Division Homepage LXXX - Page 3 3559488474 Now above Bremen, Basel and Getafe

Unbeaten in 3 and targeting another win this week before we vote and then we go into a tough run in
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:28 am

Haha I'm only having  a bit of fun but I still maintain that Hero is a robot seeded onto this forum by a a United hater to feed the masses anti United stories. 

GSC I suspect is also another Android here to make up stories but I'm not 100% sure just yet but he proves me right everyday with the United attacks.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am

Anti United stories like: This isn't a great United squad in SAF's last year

Oh wait...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:32 am

Question of the Day

Why do United fans have such an obsession/complex with what other fans think of United?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 am

Its not just United fans to be fair, theres one Liverpool fan who gets massively defensive, the Arsenal fans outside of Nando can't take any criticism of their side.

Sometimes I feel as though fans of big teams could do with a spell of supporting a club that isn't expected to win the majority of its games.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:36 am

I couldn't give a rats bottom but I'm not going to stand here while you slag our players off unfairly and unjustly. Oh Azzy is another one probably the biggest he is a secret Arsenal fan.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:36 am

I like how Operation Scapegoat Balo is in full swing.

Nevermind Liverpool were battered by Real while they started saving legs for the derby, to a man they were all fairly awful, no its Balotelli swapping shirts at half time to blame.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 am

What United players have I slagged off this morning? Thats precisely the point about being over defensive Viva.

Last edited by GSC on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 am

That's a fair point.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 am

Afro wrote:Question of the Day

Why do fans of big clubs have such an obsession/complex with what other fans think of their team?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am

GSC wrote:What United players have I slagged off this morning? Thats precisely the point about being over defensive Viva.

Love how you say "this morning" the morning is only 1 hour and 39 minutes old, you've got plenty of time if you don't say nothing today you'll say something tomorrow. I've got no problem anyone constructively criticising Manchester United, that's part of Football.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am

There you go, I've changed the question.

I'll defend Everton players if I think a criticism is wrong, but I wouldn't call someone an Everton hater because of it
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 am

The shirt swapping has blown way out of proportion, if Liverpool got a result nobody would have mentioned it. I can where some people are coming for Balotelli has hardly started off well and the lists he can do is out some effort into his game, I'm not a fan of swapping shirts especially if you're in the same league/level as each other. It's a bit like Santos swapping with Van Persie, you're a bloody footballer not a fan.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 am

Afro wrote:There you go, I've changed the question.

I'll defend Everton players if I think a criticism is wrong, but I wouldn't call someone an Everton hater because of it
Honestly, I couldn't care. Better and less futile things to spend energy on than trying to convince someone on the internet.

Simply calling someone a hater, anti-united etc is just a lazy excuse for a lack of an actual retort.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:45 am

Koba wrote:if Liverpool got a result nobody would have mentioned it.
Yes, I'm not seeing a great outcry from Madrid that Pepe swapped shirts
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:46 am

I don't get why anyone would want to swap at half time.

Full time fair enough, gives you mementos of your career for when you retire.

But half time just makes it look like you're not planning on coming back out for the second half
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:51 am

When a big team premier league teams plays a league 2 side like Crawley or non league and the lesser players swaps shirts with them what do the premier league players do with the shirt?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:58 am

Loo roll
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:13 am

Koba wrote: a league 2 side like Crawley

I await the comeback on that one....
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 am

Eh?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:19 am

Why would Balo want Pepe's shirt for? They both crazy fools. Sterling played good though but if that Coutinho shot that hit the post just before half time went in, it could have been a different score line in the second half.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:19 am

You might want to check the League 1 table, about half way down
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 am

I didn't know Crawley were in League 1  Whistle

Next you'll be telling me United are no longer a powerhouse without Champions League football.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:34 am

Koba wrote:I didn't know Crawley were in League 1  Whistle

Next you'll be telling me United are no longer a powerhouse without Champions League football.

No, they are still a powerhouse wthout Champions League football
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:38 am

Who's the best utility player in the world? Someone who can play in any position you tell him to and play well.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

James Milner!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next