The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season transfer rumours.....

+71
Notch
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sad_gimp
prop_lyd
MacKnocked-on
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
Jhamer25
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
Artful_Dodger
B91212
Seagultaf
alive555
Golden
XR
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Tiger/Chief
shuren34
justified sinner
LeinsterFan4life
Majestic83
DaveM
Heaf
BigTrevsbigmac
dragon999
thomh
bluestonevedder
BamBam
sirtidychris
Margin_Walker
ChequeredJersey
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
The Saint
LordDowlais
WELL-PAST-IT
BristolDave
nathan
RDW
profitius
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
propdavid_london
FecklessRogue
Driver
mckay1402
wales606
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
Sgt_Pooly
SirBurger
HongKongCherry
Cardiff Dave
king_carlos
dragon4life
formerly known as Sam
Hound of Harrow
Coleman
Welly
Bathite
whocares
PenfroPete
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
Fluxy
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
George Carlin
Geordie
75 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 15 Empty Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon 5 Jan - 12:59

First topic message reminder :

Well its that time of year...pushing for new contracts...the rumour mill starts to fly...

Any you hear...post them here.....

The first two I've heard...

Priestland to Bath
Carl Fearns - Bath to Falcons.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 15 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by king_carlos Tue 3 Mar - 1:22

Bathite wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Quins only really need a big horrible second row and a beast at 6. They should be able to recruit them. There's plenty of big aggressive players out there.

gorgodze apparently trying to get an early release from Toulon. He'd fit the bill for both of those requirements

He'd require a marquee signing however. Given Quins are being linked with Roberts that would be 2 marquee signings for a club which tends to promote from within.

Also isn't Evans still on Quins books for next year?

On a different note as Tigers fan, if Gorgodze is on the market and Salvi is off then I'd love to see him make his way to Welford Road. If Salvi is off we sorely need another leader in our pack and one who also fits the bill of being monster carrier from 6/8 would be perfect.

Not that I'm optimistic however given that if he's available I'd expect him to go to another French club.

With my eternal/irrational optimists hat on I still maintain very vague hopes of Mauger bringing Kaino with him. However if he turned down a NZRU contract he'd have bigger offers from Bath let alone the top 14. Plus it's looking like he might agree an NZRU contract with a 6 month sabbatical following the RWC, in which case I'd expect him to head to Japan to top up the pension pot (and I wouldn't blame him for it either).

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 15 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 3 Mar - 1:56

I've heard Gorgodze is going to sign for Bath, but all rumour at this stage.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 3 Mar - 9:32

Where was Roberts linked with a Quins move? That would be interesting. Roberts at 12 and Lowe back to 13.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 3 Mar - 10:14

Talk that Leicester are going to go big in the backs signings well that is the talk ATM.

Mauger being given full rein and also potentially the chequebook needed to get them and potentially to splash the cash on a marquee back.

Forwards look all set maybe another back rower and that will be without replacing Parling with a like for like player, He was one of our top earners.

So far Tait is def off

And heavy talk that Scully, Hamilton, Mele, are off and potentially more Exeter think that they might be after Thompstone.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 3 Mar - 11:14

Hamilton to retire surely?

Mele off is fine, only 3rd choice. Woudl rather lose Benjamin than Thompstone.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 3 Mar - 11:43

Agreed on that LT Thompstone has showed far more consistency.

We are rumoured to be signing another lock/6 from NZ. So I expect us to be going for a bigger back row next season. The futures of Salvi and Croft are still in the air.

I'm not sure throwing money around will help our backs issues. We have the players (full back aside) for next season but need them fit with a coherent attacking strategy.

Gorgodze to replace Fearns at Bath?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 3 Mar - 12:14

http://www.saracens.com/vunisa-signs/

Saracens have signed Italian backrower Samuela Vunisa from Zebre.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 3 Mar - 13:26

formerly known as Sam wrote:Agreed on that LT Thompstone has showed far more consistency.

We are rumoured to be signing another lock/6 from NZ. So I expect us to be going for a bigger back row next season. The futures of Salvi and Croft are still in the air.

I'm not sure throwing money around will help our backs issues. We have the players (full back aside) for next season but need them fit with a coherent attacking strategy.

Fearns is under contract until end of next season and the coaches say he is staying

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 3 Mar - 14:01

Sounds like a world cup cover signing. Guess they'll be a few of those about.

Fearns staying put is good news for Bath. They need the physicality in their back row if they are to keep challenging and managing the time Louw is away with SA.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 3 Mar - 14:34

formerly known as Sam wrote:Agreed on that LT Thompstone has showed far more consistency.

With Scully going I wouldn't say no to another winger.

And maybe a another 12.

Depends on what game plan Mauger wants as he has final say on selection and tactics next season.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 3 Mar - 16:37

formerly known as Sam wrote:Sounds like a world cup cover signing. Guess they'll be a few of those about.

Which signing/rumour are you referring to there? If Vunisa then maybe not seeing as he played for Italy at the weekend.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 3 Mar - 18:27

Isn't he only playing for Italy because Zanni and Barbieri are injured?

A fullback has to be the priority for next season. We've got;

12. Allen, Bai, Roberts, Hempetema, Pohe
13. Manu, Loamano, Smith, Catchpole

We aren't short of centres even when the inevitable departures of Pohe and Hempetema are announced. We'll still have Bryant and Thacker jnr coming through. Unless we are getting a 12 that'll bring a whole new dimension to the backs I don't see the point.

Now I agree we need a wing to replace Scully in addition to a fullback. Hamilton is surely retiring as well so a wing that can cover fullback ala Morris would be ideal. Really disappointed to be losing Scully.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 3 Mar - 18:55

Where are scully heptema and pohe going?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 3 Mar - 19:12

Scully is linked to Cardiff (all done basically now)
Hepetema is playing hard ball on the contract ATM he wants more game time.
Pohe has been unimpressive ATM.

Suppose you're right Sam but I'm not sure on Allen ATM considering 12 is a big position he has missed a lot of games in the last 2 seasons. Same could be said of Manu I guess but manu is a game changer.

And Bai will be 37 next season.

I think Smith might move on aswell or be given a contract reduction.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 3 Mar - 20:03

Smith covers a lot of positions and practically bleeds green, white and red. Don't think he'll leave and doesn't he have another year on his contract?

Pohe is good ball in hand but his work rate in defence is supposedly a bit of a liability. He's on loan at Notts at the minute and will probably stay there. Hempetema has been injured for the majority of his two years and unimpressive for the majority of the games he did play. When he did get a notable chance he tackled someone's knee with his face and he ended up of sitting put his big chance with concussion.

I agree with your points on Allen and Bai but we could use next season to advance the younger players. I still think Bryant will take off under Mauger and convert to 12. His handling skills at 12 would be a welcome change going forward.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 3 Mar - 21:42

On a different note as Tigers fan, if Gorgodze is on the market and Salvi is off then I'd love to see him make his way to Welford Road. If Salvi is off we sorely need another leader in our pack and one who also fits the bill of being monster carrier from 6/8 would be perfect.

King Carlos,
Gorgodze is one hell of a beast...but don't forget you have signed Opti Fonua. That guy is a sheer monster. He just looks unfit. Tigers will get him fit and with a good pre season I think you'll have quite a signing there.
He's one I would love Falcons to have signed.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 6 Mar - 19:02

Peter Betham on his way to Tigers with Scully and Hamilton likely to leave in the summer.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 6 Mar - 20:13

formerly known as Sam wrote:Peter Betham on his way to Tigers with Scully and Hamilton likely to leave in the summer.

You mean this bloke?

https://youtu.be/MicgmNL8olw

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 6 Mar - 20:15

Yeah that bloke.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 6 Mar - 20:18

Seems good at finishing, must watch more super rugby

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 6 Mar - 20:49

According to Wiki he's a six foot four and over fifteen stone. He can shift as well. If he's got the skills under the high ball we can teach him the tactical stuff. Could be an excellent signing.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 9 Mar - 12:34

David Sisi on a season long loan (2015-16) back to LI from Bath

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 9 Mar - 14:43

lostinwales wrote:David Sisi on a season long loan (2015-16) back to LI from Bath

Wow. didn't see that coming! Says to me that Burgess is definitely back row next year, as we don't have that many options at 6/8 as it is

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 9 Mar - 19:59

Or that the rumours are true and Bath have snared a southern hemisphere back row player of calibre.

Not sure why LI are keen with Guest and Narraway on the books though.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 9 Mar - 21:33

formerly known as Sam wrote:Or that the rumours are true and Bath have snared a southern hemisphere back row player of calibre.

Faletau the latest name bandied about. He was rumoured last year, but was still under contract, which i think runs out end of this season?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 9 Mar - 23:07

Bathite wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Or that the rumours are true and Bath have snared a southern hemisphere back row player of calibre.

Faletau the latest name bandied about. He was rumoured last year, but was still under contract, which i think runs out end of this season?

He apparently had good offers from Toulouse and Bath last year, but turned them down. I think he's too loyal to be leaving just yet, and he's possibly one of the next dual contracted players in Wales. If he leaves he puts his international career at risk now that Baker, Navidi, etc are challenging for his position. Bath are really after Jerome Kaino I reckon...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 10 Mar - 6:30

Bathite wrote:
lostinwales wrote:David Sisi on a season long loan (2015-16) back to LI from Bath

Wow. didn't see that coming! Says to me that Burgess is definitely back row next year, as we don't have that many options at 6/8 as it is

All I know about this deal is that is was brokered as part of the agreement which allowed Tom Homer to go to Bath early.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 10 Mar - 6:33

Much as I have always been a fan of Luke Narraway, from way back when he was in England set up, he's been pretty average for us this season. Guest is now starting to show that he's a good player. I think it's certain that Kieran Low is off and at the start of the season we will be without Sinclair, Treviranus and Cowan from the back row, due to their world cup commitments. That leaves us with Guest, Narraway, Trayfoot and Gilsenan available, so we'd be one injury away from not having a back row forward on the bench, so on that basis signing Sisi makes a great deal of sense.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 10 Mar - 8:58

Not got the normal plethora of young talent coming through to cover Oz?

Kaino has already said he wants to be around to face the next Lions tour so I'd expect that he'd head to Japan before hopping back to NZ to try and win back his place.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 10 Mar - 9:02

Aled Thomas returning to the Scarlets from Glaws.

Also Gareth Delve is apparently after a return to Wales/Uk
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Tue 10 Mar - 12:39

Michael Rhodes the big back row/lock going to Saracens from the stormers. Great signing for them, big imposing player who I have been impressed with when seeing him play in super rugby.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Tue 10 Mar - 12:54

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Aled Thomas returning to the Scarlets from Glaws.

Highlights the buying powers of the Welsh Regions, hardly a like for like replacement for Priestland, who has been very effective for the Scarlets this season.

Gareth Delve is 32 and has been playing in Japan where I suspect the standard is not great. Maybe a squad player for one of the English clubs?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 10 Mar - 13:01

Didn't relise Cooper-Vuna had joined Worcester.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Tue 10 Mar - 13:04

Yep last week Cooper Vuna joined. If he brings his form from super rugby he will be a good acquisition!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 10 Mar - 14:15

Seagultaf wrote:

Highlights the buying powers of the Welsh Regions, hardly a like for like replacement for Priestland, who has been very effective for the Scarlets this season.

Gareth Delve is 32 and has been playing in Japan where I suspect the standard is not great. Maybe a squad player for one of the English clubs?

I'd be happy to have Delve hear. WQ, was in the form of his life a season ago (before japan) and has heaps of experience and captain quality.

Shingler will be our number one next season most probably (and he deserves the chance). So Aled Thomas will be replacing Shingler as second choice I assume which im not too bothered about.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 10 Mar - 15:15

formerly known as Sam wrote:Not got the normal plethora of young talent coming through to cover Oz?

Kaino has already said he wants to be around to face the next Lions tour so I'd expect that he'd head to Japan before hopping back to NZ to try and win back his place.

Last rumour I heard was that both Kaino and the NZRU are keen to agree a 6 month sabbatical to allow him a bit of a break from Super Rugby/Test intensity and a topping up of the pension pot.

A shame as he's a player I'd love to see in the Jeff just so I could watch him play more regularly. Other than Savea I'd probably put him on par with Read and Vermuelen as the player I most want in my side from a pick of any around the world.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 10 Mar - 17:42

I'd take Sonny Bill-Williams at Quins any day, and Vermuelen.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 11 Mar - 7:03

Falcons sign Leeds LH Ben Harris

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 11 Mar - 13:21

Is the prem in danger of signing too many foreigners again? Does this hinder young English progress?

Or is it only a few elite SH players coming up to the prem?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 11 Mar - 13:30

GeordieFalcon wrote:Is the prem in danger of signing too many foreigners again? Does this hinder young English progress?

Or is it only a few elite SH players coming up to the prem?

I was thinking it does seem to be a lot this time around. Maybe its just because its now when the movements of foreign players are being announced, and that the academy to main squad deals are not highlighted so much/ more spread out/ tend to occur at other times of the year.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 11 Mar - 14:20

Possibly LIW.

Just seems that every signing is a foreigner. Maybe its not as bad as it seems.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 11 Mar - 17:37

Most of the English talent has been signed to long term deals or snapped up already. Also due to the rules of the marquee signings the club's cannot use it to sign a player from another AP club so the big signings are generally internal or overseas.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 12 Mar - 12:47

I think the influx of foreign players is mainly down to the World Cup, shouldn't really hurt the English player's prospects. Reckon we'll still 60%-70% of the players being English qualified.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Thu 12 Mar - 20:29

Jhamer25 wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:

I'd be happy to have Delve hear. WQ, was in the form of his life a season ago (before japan) and has heaps of experience and captain quality.

Shingler will be our number one next season most probably (and he deserves the chance). So Aled Thomas will be replacing Shingler as second choice I assume which im not too bothered about.

I thought there was talk of Pivac finding a NZ no 10 for the Scarlets, if that's the case then Aled Thomas as 3rd choice or injury cover is probably about his level but I would have preferred to see a young academy player getting the odd game.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 Mar - 20:31

I think rugby is in the media eye more at the minute as well. With the AP so close the six nations in full swing and a home RWC quickly approaching there's more coverage of everything rugby than you normally see.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 Mar - 8:47

I see Tom Lindsay is off to Gloucester from Wasps.

Never made the progress in hoped he would at a time we were lacking at hooker.

Tom Youngs made much better progress.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 13 Mar - 9:12

Tom Lindsay is still going to be second fiddle to Hibbard at Gloucester though. Not going to be gaurunteed more game time there!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 13 Mar - 18:47

Problem for Lindsey is his throwing is just diabolical, not bad but truly terrible. It's like he doesn't practice!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 Mar - 19:32

You wonder how he would have done staying at centre.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 14 Mar - 8:34

To late for a conversion to loose head? At 27ish probably. Is Dawiduk staying at Glaws? If so then Lindsay is just third choice again.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next