The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season transfer rumours.....

+71
Notch
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sad_gimp
prop_lyd
MacKnocked-on
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
Jhamer25
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
Artful_Dodger
B91212
Seagultaf
alive555
Golden
XR
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Tiger/Chief
shuren34
justified sinner
LeinsterFan4life
Majestic83
DaveM
Heaf
BigTrevsbigmac
dragon999
thomh
bluestonevedder
BamBam
sirtidychris
Margin_Walker
ChequeredJersey
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
The Saint
LordDowlais
WELL-PAST-IT
BristolDave
nathan
RDW
profitius
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
propdavid_london
FecklessRogue
Driver
mckay1402
wales606
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
Sgt_Pooly
SirBurger
HongKongCherry
Cardiff Dave
king_carlos
dragon4life
formerly known as Sam
Hound of Harrow
Coleman
Welly
Bathite
whocares
PenfroPete
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
Fluxy
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
George Carlin
Geordie
75 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 19 Empty Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well its that time of year...pushing for new contracts...the rumour mill starts to fly...

Any you hear...post them here.....

The first two I've heard...

Priestland to Bath
Carl Fearns - Bath to Falcons.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 19 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by BamBam Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

Big name centre .. Jamie Roberts?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 19 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 30 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm

Doesn't fit in with the rumours he wants to be close to London/Oxford, though I suppose he could feasibly commute to study there from Leicester.

There's part of me that would like to see Roberts and Manu in tandem. The other part of me thinks he'd be too expensive and to often injured. A younger option with a more play making style and who wouldn't be off to represent Wales for a third of the season may provide better value for money.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 5:42 pm

Roberts & Manu in midfield......the wings would never see the ball!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 5:43 pm

Not Roberts he did say that.

Been like trying to get blood out of a rock.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 31 Mar 2015, 9:56 am

Piautau joins Ulster
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:03 am

Driver wrote:Piautau joins Ulster
That's massive - he's quality. Can't have been cheap either.

I imagine Ravenhill crepes will be more expensive next year.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:04 am

Rugbydump saying he's earning $2M over his 2 year deal - Mr Mcilroy maybe bankrolling this one!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:08 am

Crazy signing for them. Great player but money could be better spent no?

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:10 am

Huge signing for Ulster. Piautau is a cracking player. Big strong and very quick. Could well be the all blacks first choice right wing this year. Apparently agreed to return to New Zealand after the two years.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:11 am

And in direct comparison to Ulster's Good Signing, Glasgow has apparently signed Mike Blair for the Falcons!
A 2 year deal for a 34 year old! Oh my god. picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:21 am

George Carlin wrote:And in direct comparison to Ulster's Good Signing, Glasgow has apparently signed Mike Blair for the Falcons!

If he's going as a player-coach then I think thats a brilliant signing!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

Blair has been excellent for us this season. I thought he was retiring tbh, I'll be disappointed to lose him.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:33 am

Connacht have signed this player from New Zealand, he played 7's for them though and cannot get IQ:-

Connacht Rugby and the IRFU have announced the recruitment of back rower Nepia Fox-Matamua who will join the province in the summer.

Nepia Fox-Matamua, who has played for ITM Cup side Auckland, has signed a two-year deal with Connacht.

Debuting for Auckland in 2012, the New Zealand-born flanker returned to the provincial squad in 2014 after a year-long spell with North Harbour, where he also played Sevens rugby. The 23-year-old will arrive at Connacht for the beginning of the pre-season period in June.

Connacht head coach Pat Lam commented: "We're delighted to be in a position to announce Nepia (as a new signing). With Willie (Faloon) returning to Ulster, another quality openside flanker was needed for next season's squad.

"I have worked with Nepia at Auckland. He is a great team man and having captained different sides in his young career, he also possesses excellent leadership qualities.

"Technically he is an out-and-out number 7 with natural ball skills that have seen him excel in Sevens rugby as well. I know that he is the type of player and person that will fit in very well to the Connacht community."

Connacht Rugby CEO Willie Ruane added: "In addition to the high number of current players committing their futures to Connacht, it's great to be adding to the quality and depth of the squad with a player like Nepia. We are confident he will bring a lot to our environment as we bid for honours in both the PRO12 and European Competitions."

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:36 am

The whole dynamic of this is just odd.

Glasgow have Hart and Pyrgos - 2 international quality players but neither of which is Scotland's first or second choice. They also have a great academy prospect in Ali Price and let go of Cusiter last year.

If he is moving in a coaching capacity in real terms, then why not Edinburgh who need a backs coach desperately? He played in that city for most of his life. A First World Problem, I admit, but I'm rather urined off with the whole jamboree as it's DTH and Maitland who really need replaced with guys of at least comparable quality.

Getting nervous we are being left behind in the transfer market.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:39 am

George Carlin wrote:The whole dynamic of this is just odd.

Glasgow have Hart and Pyrgos - 2 international quality players but neither of which is Scotland's first or second choice. They also have a great academy prospect in Ali Price and let go of Cusiter last year.

If he is moving in a coaching capacity in real terms, then why not Edinburgh who need a backs coach desperately? He played in that city for most of his life. A First World Problem, I admit, but I'm rather urined off with the whole jamboree as it's DTH and Maitland who really need replaced with guys of at least comparable quality.

George, what is going on up there in Scotland, you only have two pro sides yet Edinburgh keep signing NSQ players, here is you latest one:-

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/67484900/highlanders-cocaptain-nasi-manu-leaving-for-scotland

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

Ulster would be better off spending that kind of money on a new number 8 than a back three player...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:14 am

I would think that spells the end for Ludik. Maybe Logan is trying to ease tensions after Payne being moved to 13?

Belfast Telegraph reporting that Piutau is a marquee signing? £1M over 2 years. Ulster don't really need a Fullback! Why go through all this again? I won't complain so much if they also bring in a world class Back Row player though.

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:49 am

LordDowlais wrote:

George, what is going on up there in Scotland, you only have two pro sides yet Edinburgh keep signing NSQ players, here is you latest one:-

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/67484900/highlanders-cocaptain-nasi-manu-leaving-for-scotland

In fairness, Manu is a quality player, I have no idea who plays 8 for Edinburgh currently, but he'll add a lot IMO

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:12 pm

Denton is our current number 8. Du Preez's preferred position is number 8 as well I believe, both of whom are very good players, plus we have a couple of young lads coming through.

It's not really a position of weakness for us.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Not sure LD, although I care less about NSQ signings when the players are as good as Manu.

It's when they are like Beard, Strauss and Coman - i.e. absolutely no better and frequently worse than their young Scottish counterparts - that I get the @rsehole. Our U20s had their best 6N for about a decade and there is a collective worry that they will get lost or not developed as quickly as they could be.

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:16 pm

Kevin Sinfield from Leeds Rhinos to Yorkshire Carnegie!!!

Now if he'd made the move a few years back he could have been a star in union.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:19 pm

When it comes to NSQ players I don't mind how good our strength in depth is in that position if they are top quality - he's got over 50 caps for the Highlanders and is their joint captain, so to me that means he's quality.

He looks to be a step up in class from Coman and Leonardi, so what's not to like? Yes it isn't ideal that it will mean that Ritchie and Bradbury are likely to get less gametime, but Ritchie is only 18 and Bradury 19 - they are still kids and their time will come.

Denton didn't really break through at Edinburgh until he was 21 or so, and we were even playing Roddy Grant at 8 instead of him!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:20 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Connacht have signed this player from New Zealand, he played 7's for them though and cannot get IQ:-

Connacht Rugby and the IRFU have announced the recruitment of back rower Nepia Fox-Matamua who will join the province in the summer.

Nepia Fox-Matamua, who has played for ITM Cup side Auckland, has signed a two-year deal with Connacht.

Debuting for Auckland in 2012, the New Zealand-born flanker returned to the provincial squad in 2014 after a year-long spell with North Harbour, where he also played Sevens rugby. The 23-year-old will arrive at Connacht for the beginning of the pre-season period in June.

Connacht head coach Pat Lam commented: "We're delighted to be in a position to announce Nepia (as a new signing). With Willie (Faloon) returning to Ulster, another quality openside flanker was needed for next season's squad.

"I have worked with Nepia at Auckland. He is a great team man and having captained different sides in his young career, he also possesses excellent leadership qualities.

"Technically he is an out-and-out number 7 with natural ball skills that have seen him excel in Sevens rugby as well. I know that he is the type of player and person that will fit in very well to the Connacht community."

Connacht Rugby CEO Willie Ruane added: "In addition to the high number of current players committing their futures to Connacht, it's great to be adding to the quality and depth of the squad with a player like Nepia. We are confident he will bring a lot to our environment as we bid for honours in both the PRO12 and European Competitions."

A direct replacement for Faloon you would think. They needed that extra bit of depth there as Masterson is more of a 6/8 and heenan does struggle with injury.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm

George Carlin wrote:And in direct comparison to Ulster's Good Signing, Glasgow has apparently signed Mike Blair for the Falcons!

That explains why we have signed two scrum halves for next season.

He has been top class for us. As Sgt says disappointing to see him go....and I have no doubts he will be involved in coaching which can only be good for your side.

Don't forget Carlin...superstar signings are good but often its the shrewd signings that are the gems...and this is that type.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:16 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Kevin Sinfield from Leeds Rhinos to Yorkshire Carnegie!!!

Now if he'd made the move a few years back he could have been a star in union.

He'll probs still make a decent Union player to be fair.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:17 pm

He'll most certainly be decent Driver, especially at Championship level. I wonder where they intend to play him.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:20 pm

Its an odd signing though for both Players and club.

How old is he?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:21 pm

34 GF. As I say, if he'd have come over a few years back he'd have been quality.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:30 pm

Think he'll play a good role at 12. Got a good all round skill set, and would boss the defence.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:30 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Its an odd signing though for both Players and club.

How old is he?

Is it?

Massive signing for the club in terms of getting the attention of the locals.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:00 pm

Sinfield will be good PR and probably a good physical presence in the Leeds midfield. He's a leader as well which will be a benefit with years of experience to help the youngsters at Leeds.

He's 34 and I think I'm right in saying unlikely to get another deal from Leeds Rhinos. Not wanting to play for another British league side probably limited his choices if he wanted to continue in his career.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

He can't be any worse than Burgess and at least has a good boot on him.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 31 Mar 2015, 9:28 pm

I just don't see this as much of a signing.

Im not saying he hasn't been a great league player...but coming over at 34, a game he's never played so he'll need to get used to that. Leadership yes but not in union.

Leeds are constantly producing great young players...its a PR signing...but not one I would choose. But that's just my opinion of course.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 01 Apr 2015, 9:09 am

It was rumoured months ago, but Price now signed with the Scarlets. Hear he's got a welsh daddy or something...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 01 Apr 2015, 9:15 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:I just don't see this as much of a signing.

Im not saying he hasn't been a great league player...but coming over at 34, a game he's never played so he'll need to get used to that. Leadership yes but not in union.

Leeds are constantly producing great young players...its a PR signing...but not one I would choose. But that's just my opinion of course.  

The attendances at Headingley are dreadful. They give out loads of free tickets to the Rhinos season ticket holders and to the YCCC members, most never used. The presence of sinfield may pull some punters through the door.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Wed 01 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm

Muliaina to Zebre? Surely an April fools?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 01 Apr 2015, 8:58 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Driver wrote:Piautau joins Ulster
That's massive - he's quality. Can't have been cheap either.

I imagine Ravenhill crepes will be more expensive next year.

Hansen not a happy chappy over that one...
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/67586994/all-blacks-coach-steve-hansen-unhappy-as-charles-piutau-heads-off-for-ireland

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:27 pm

Yes, it seems that NZRU dropped the ball with Piutau - the sports press seem to be genuinely indignant he's going. As he's young and a core squad member, Hansen obviously didn't see him as a flight threat.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 02 Apr 2015, 4:20 am

George Carlin wrote:Yes, it seems that NZRU dropped the ball with Piutau - the sports press seem to be genuinely indignant he's going. As he's young and a core squad member, Hansen obviously didn't see him as a flight threat.

It's not that we dropped the ball. Everyone's treated as a potential deserter. We just can't keep them on the salaries they're offered.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 02 Apr 2015, 4:29 am

How do you work out player signs contract till 2017,but his manager doesn`t honour it.
Presumeably he`s on a percentage so he`s ok probably cost[Piutau} him a RWC cap,long memories
may be persona non grata now.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Thu 02 Apr 2015, 1:01 pm

Owen Evans to quins

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 02 Apr 2015, 1:20 pm

Will Genia to Stade confirmed today

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 02 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm

emack2 wrote:How do you work out player signs contract till 2017,but his manager doesn`t honour it.
Presumeably he`s on a percentage so he`s ok probably cost[Piutau} him a RWC cap,long memories
may be persona non grata now.

Yeah Piutau will need to be first choice to make the squad as Hansen will be unlikely to take a second if he's not in the picture for next year. He'd rather a staying member get crucial experience of being in that sort of environment. Right wing is really his only chance with Ben Smith and Dagg at fullback, Smith and Fekitoa at centre, Savea obviously right wing.

That also gets complicated by the goal kicking dilemma if Slade becomes a must.

So he's probably just ended his AB career unless somehow he plays a better game than anyone from the non winning Blues side.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 02 Apr 2015, 8:11 pm

Golden wrote:Muliaina to Zebre? Surely an April fools?

He hasn't been good at Connacht as he struggles with a variety of injuries and is at that last payday stage- my only surprise is that he's not off to Japan.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri 03 Apr 2015, 4:29 pm

Does anyone have any idea who the NWQ no.8 the Scarlet's are in negotiation with is, they actually seem to be getting better at keeping things secret down here!

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 04 Apr 2015, 1:31 pm

There seem to be rumours going round that Andy Saull has signed for Yorkshire....

That would explain the rumours that we are after that Tongan No.7 Latu. Even though he's 34!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 04 Apr 2015, 1:41 pm

Notch wrote:
Golden wrote:Muliaina to Zebre? Surely an April fools?

He hasn't been good at Connacht as he struggles with a variety of injuries and is at that last payday stage- my only surprise is that he's not off to Japan.

He may not be off anywhere for a little while!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 04 Apr 2015, 9:47 pm

It's being reported that Roberts is set to snub Quins and return home on a DC. It's not been revealed to which team yet. This is from Wales online mind, not sure if they're reliable. Anyone heard anything?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:46 am

To be honest I think Roberts agent is just doing his very best to get as much money and benefits out of who ever signs him now, running from party to party with 'they said this' and 'they promised that so what can you do?'.

The charades been going on long enough, not fussed if Quins sign him or not now. Oh and we've just signed Tim Swiel so watch out Europe!! Very Happy

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:35 pm

Tom Cruse to Irish apparently.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next