The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season transfer rumours.....

+71
Notch
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sad_gimp
prop_lyd
MacKnocked-on
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
Jhamer25
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
Artful_Dodger
B91212
Seagultaf
alive555
Golden
XR
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Tiger/Chief
shuren34
justified sinner
LeinsterFan4life
Majestic83
DaveM
Heaf
BigTrevsbigmac
dragon999
thomh
bluestonevedder
BamBam
sirtidychris
Margin_Walker
ChequeredJersey
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
The Saint
LordDowlais
WELL-PAST-IT
BristolDave
nathan
RDW
profitius
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
propdavid_london
FecklessRogue
Driver
mckay1402
wales606
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
Sgt_Pooly
SirBurger
HongKongCherry
Cardiff Dave
king_carlos
dragon4life
formerly known as Sam
Hound of Harrow
Coleman
Welly
Bathite
whocares
PenfroPete
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
Fluxy
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
George Carlin
Geordie
75 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 18 Empty Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well its that time of year...pushing for new contracts...the rumour mill starts to fly...

Any you hear...post them here.....

The first two I've heard...

Priestland to Bath
Carl Fearns - Bath to Falcons.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 18 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:48 am

George Carlin wrote:
lostinwales wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32045431

Symons yes
That is a fairly epic signing. LI tearing it up this year in the transfer market.

He has the potential to be huge for us. Not flashy, hits rucks all day, tackles, carries and runs the lineout. Exactly what we've been crying out for at Irish.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 18 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:03 am

He's a very handy lock and great to hear that moving to one of the lower teams won't hinder him (will it in reality?).

Be very interesting to see how he develops and where he'd fit in if called up. I think there's a spot in the engine room with Kruis not quite good enough imo and Attwood faltering a bit.

He's certainly in with a shot of 4/5th choice if he starts well.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:06 am

I hope all these signings don't have a negative effect on young English / Academy lads coming through.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:12 am

Symons is English GF

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:13 am

Yeah he is but there just seems to be a hell of a lot of non English coming in.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:14 am

I don't think they will GF. We've not bought an overseas player in any position where they would be in direct competition with young English talent I don't think, and we've also added Trayfoot, Sisi , Goode and Waldouck to boost the EQ contigent. Of the academy lads, only really Eliis (hooker) and Fowlie (outside centre) are ready for regular first team action, and the likes of Tom Smallbone (prop) who is just short of that level, will benefit from having somebody like Ben Franks around to learn from.

The next batch of youngsters coming through, Ollie Curry, Conor Murphy, Ross Neal, Curtis Langdon, Theo Brophy-Clews and Johnny Williams are all still only 17/18 years old, so at least 2 or 3 years away from being ready, and having quality to learn from can only help their development.

Pooly, I suspect if he starts well for us, he'll get had a look at in the Saxons this time next year.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:16 am

We certainly miss a real lump bar maybe Slater in the engine room.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:17 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Yeah he is but there just seems to be a hell of a lot of non English coming in.

Franks (NZ)
McKibbin (Scotland/Australia)
Maitland (Scotland)

Symons (England)
Trayfoot (England)
Sisi (England)
Goode (England)
Waldouck (England)

More English than non coming in for us GF, just that the non English are more high profile.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:18 am

George Carlin wrote:
prop_lyd wrote:Looks like the chiefs signing is Ollie Atkins from Edinburgh
Yes, confirmed. He's a good, young player.

Good signing for the Cheifs - he's a very decent lock and probably won't have broken the bank either.

Great athlete with a massive engine on him.

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:22 am

Maybe that's the case...some of the new signings are very high profile.

And I absolutely agree having the likes of Ben Franks around is only going to benefit the kids.

I just don't want to see us going the way of the French.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:25 am

We've been doing ok on the EQ, we could do better though.

EQ: Young, Harris, Watson

Non EQ: Vea, Welsh, Delany

I suppose 10 and prop are tough positions to find good EQ in.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:27 am

That's definitely not the aim at Irish.  The board have ploughed a massive amount of money into the academy this year and see it as the lifeblood of the club going forward.  The problem we have is a generation of top quality  academy graduates have left due to the club having been in a poor state for the past 3 or 4 years, so we now have a time gap whilst we wait to reap the rewards of the investment.  We have to be competitive in that period, otherwise we'll just lose the best kids that we produce again, so for the next couple of years there will have to be some foreign players coming in.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:31 am

We're in the same boat Ozz. To get to that next level we need better players but attracting good EQ and retaining your best youth requires us to be higher up the table (on the most part), it's tough.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:35 am

You both make a lot of sense Very Happy thumbsup

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:46 am

What's Falcons starting XV looking like for next season then?  Ours is a little bit up in the air with a few unknowns, like which side of the scrum Franks will play, but at a push I would go with something like…

15. Maitland
14. Ojo
13. Fowlie
12. Waldouck/Geraghty
11. Lewington
10. Goode
9. McKibbin

1. Franks/Court
2. Paice/Ellis
3. Aulika/Cross
4. Symons
5. Skivington
6. Treviranus
7. Cowan
8. Guest

So that's 6 of the new signings taking starting berths, meaning 6 of the regualr starters this season will now effectively be bench/rotation players.  We'll definitely be stronger next year, but then so will others with new players signed.  I reckon it could be an epic Premiership season.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:57 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:That's definitely not the aim at Irish.  The board have ploughed a massive amount of money into the academy this year

For which Bath are truly grateful.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:57 am

Well so far our signings are as follows:

Marcus Watson (wing/fb) signed.
Sonatane Tukulua (SH), signed
Mickey Young (SH) signed
Taione Vea (TH Prop) Signed
Ben Harris (LH Prop) Signed
Jon Welsh (TH Prop ) Signed

Of Those the props are the main ones who will push for starting spots, and Dean will probably rotate the Scrum Halfs. That Tukulua looks an absolute beast at Scrum Half.

Then we have to see how Marcus Watson does switching 7's for the real game. He seems to have the attributes of his brother. Can he bring it to this level.

All in all I don't envisage huge changes. Just the front row...and as myself Driver and Sgt have said that could be the difference to between some close defeats we've had this season and a few wins.

We do have a good few choices in each position now and many of the kids were blooded in the Euros this season also...so they could get some games next season.

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:58 am

Pack is looking good Ozz and Goode will be a great addition imo. Centres look your weakest area at this stage, are you happy with them?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:00 am

We'll probably be:

1. Welsh
2. Lawson
3. Vea
4. Green
5. Barrow/Furno
6. Wilson
7. Welch
8. Hogg/Olo

9. Young
10. Catterick/Delany
11. Tuilagi
12. Socino
13. Tiesi/Powell
14. Sonoti
16. Tait/Hammersley

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:05 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:We'll probably be:

1. Welsh
2. Lawson
3. Vea
4. Green
5. Barrow/Furno
6. Wilson
7. Welch
8. Hogg/Olo

9. Young
10. Catterick/Delany
11. Tuilagi
12. Socino
13. Tiesi/Powell
14. Sonoti
16. Tait/Hammersley

Do you mean Uli Kolo'ufai? I really hope they get him injury free...but i'm not holding much hope. If they can't I really think we need a replacement. A monstrous rampaging back row.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:13 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:What's Falcons starting XV looking like for next season then?  Ours is a little bit up in the air with a few unknowns, like which side of the scrum Franks will play, but at a push I would go with something like…

15. Maitland
14. Ojo
13. Fowlie
12. Waldouck/Geraghty
11. Lewington
10. Goode
9. McKibbin

1. Franks/Court
2. Paice/Ellis
3. Aulika/Cross
4. Symons
5. Skivington
6. Treviranus
7. Cowan
8. Guest

So that's 6 of the new signings taking starting berths, meaning 6 of the regualr starters this season will now effectively be bench/rotation players.  We'll definitely be stronger next year, but then so will others with new players signed.  I reckon it could be an epic Premiership season.

Seen Franks has been playing tighthead for Canes for the Super Rugby campaign so far, but if one of the few players that can genuinely do a job on both sides. 
Surprised you think Waldlouck would start ahead of Geraghty, thought he has played well for you this season.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:20 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Pack is looking good Ozz and Goode will be a great addition imo. Centres look your weakest area at this stage, are you happy with them?

Fowlie will be top class.  He's looked at home at AP level every time he has played.  12 is the problem jersey.  Geraghty as we all know blows hot and cold.  Can he a superstar when in top form, but has some shockers as well.  Realistically I could stick any one of Geraghty, Waldouck, Sheridan or Griffin down in that jersey, as other than style of play there isn't much between them.  Next year will be about improving on this one, and if we want to improve again the following season then a top signing at 12 will be high on the list.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:That's definitely not the aim at Irish.  The board have ploughed a massive amount of money into the academy this year

For which Bath are truly grateful.

They new crop have no ties to Booth and Hatley, so I don't envisage a further mass exodus.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:21 am

Adam Jones to quins, reckon that's a pretty good signing for us.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

Yeah I think that's quite a shrewd signing.

He shouldn't be on huge money as he was....and whilst people say he's not the player of old...he will be great to help Sinkler through games and great experience from a coaching perspective. For Collier also.

I also think Roberts is a cracking signing for you guys. Huge powerful 12. Top international huge experience....and if you can add Gorgodze in there...there'll be a bit of steel in the side I think you have been missing.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 26 Mar 2015, 2:28 pm

Agree with Ozzy that 12 is the problem shirt. I like Geraghty there but not sure he actually complements the way Goode likes to play the game. We will have to see.

Put it like this - I wouldn't be adverse to a big name coming in there before the season is over, but I won't expect one and won't be devastated if we don't. Like Ozzy says, it's more of a job for 2016/17.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 26 Mar 2015, 2:28 pm

And Newcastle are looking stronger - don't expect too much of Watson though.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 3:49 pm

SirBurger wrote:And Newcastle are looking stronger - don't expect too much of Watson though.

Little unsure how he'll go SB, work in progress maybe. We'll hopefully have Kibirige back with Tuilagi/Sonoti first choice.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm

Sinoti is one of the best wingers in the league and Tuilagi can still perform at a high level. Kirbrige is a real talent as well so think you are well stocked even if Watson doesn't work out. I have just always felt that he needs the extra space in 7s.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:21 pm

Yea possibly SB. I'm really happy with our back 3 options, Sinoti has to be in with a shot for AP player of the year (with maybe Hughes, Daly?)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm

George Carlin wrote:

Symons yes
That is a fairly epic signing. LI tearing it up this year in the transfer market.

Shame we missed out on Osborne as that would have been another one out of the top drawer I think ....

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:18 pm

Heaf wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Symons yes

Shame we missed out on Osborne as that would have been another one out of the top drawer I think ....

I agree. Would have taken the league by storm. Wonder if we have an alternative lined up and who it could be.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:20 pm

Interestingly, Wales Online says we are also in the hunt for Roberts - although I would be somewhat surprised by that.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 26 Mar 2015, 11:56 pm

Think he wants to be near London or Oxford for his medical career. Reading would fit too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:03 am

That's Visser's move to Harlequins confirmed.

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/15/03/29/visser-moving-after-six-years-capital

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:22 am

Hopefully he can learn to tackle.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:31 am

According to another forum, Irish looking at Casson, Cave or De Allende to join our midfield. I would immediately discount Cave from that list.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

Leicester are apparently in talks with a international Centre.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:16 am

Welly wrote: Leicester are apparently in talks with a international Centre.

Well, based on the international centres we recruited last summer, I shall not hold my breath waiting for a "wow" signing.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:16 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Welly wrote: Leicester are apparently in talks with a international Centre.

Well, based on the international centres we recruited last summer, I shall not hold my breath waiting for a "wow" signing.

Jamie Noon?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:43 am

Probably Tiesi Sad

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:44 am

Good luck with that, he was awful for us against Irish at the weekend.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:11 pm

I'd rather we were in talks with an international full back or open side.

Unless Salvi signs a new deal and with only Morris and Bell on the books we are short in those two departments. We have plenty of centres they just tend to be injured. Some talented youngsters at centre coming through so not to bothered if we have to promote them early.

Hopefully if we do sign one it'll be the Mauger factor. Crotty or Saili have been muttered previously though I'm not a Crotty fan and those weren't string rumours.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:21 pm

Saili to Munster apparently. I think it will be Crotty based on the Mauger link. Good player.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:27 pm

There was a lot of talk a few weeks ago that Munster were about to announce Saili's signing. Not yet happened though.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:34 pm

He isn't in the AP and I don't think he has a Mauger link (could be wrong just the way he spoke about it).

Been told he is a big player.

Haven't been told A name yet as only a brief chat with my source I was meant to meet him at the game but couldn't make it so was a quick gossip.

I don't know if he is a marquee player or what he could be a signing from Parling wage and Croft likly pay cut.

Crott likely to sign and I think O'Connor is viewed as a starting 7, we are in talks with a 7 but not a big name just depth coverage.

If case we will still have marquee money or Parling + Croft pay cut.

He said talks are still early though.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm

Anyone got any idea what Richie Gray will do if Castres get relegated?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:00 pm

Saili would be wasted at Munster. He's got an incredible offloading game and offers considerably more than a bosh option. Not sure how he'd fit into the Munster midfield.

Not surprised to hear we're in for a "big" signing at centre. Cockers  seems to have adopted the mantra of physicality is key these days. As for the open sides I think O'Connor will do well, he's an abrasive and physical bloke that gets stuck into the breakdown area. We certainly need someone so that he's not left only being supported by academy options.

Pennell was linked as the new 15 that's all fine quiet. He'd be ideal for us.

Dunno Radge he might stay with them as even second tier teams have serious cash to spend. Doubt many AP teams would want him as his skill set isn't suited to the tighter exponents of the game. Maybe Quins.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:04 pm

Big as in name not size.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:47 pm

Well that could cause problems. Those modern shirts don't fit many letters on.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next