The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season transfer rumours.....

+71
Notch
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sad_gimp
prop_lyd
MacKnocked-on
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
Jhamer25
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
Artful_Dodger
B91212
Seagultaf
alive555
Golden
XR
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Tiger/Chief
shuren34
justified sinner
LeinsterFan4life
Majestic83
DaveM
Heaf
BigTrevsbigmac
dragon999
thomh
bluestonevedder
BamBam
sirtidychris
Margin_Walker
ChequeredJersey
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
The Saint
LordDowlais
WELL-PAST-IT
BristolDave
nathan
RDW
profitius
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
propdavid_london
FecklessRogue
Driver
mckay1402
wales606
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
Sgt_Pooly
SirBurger
HongKongCherry
Cardiff Dave
king_carlos
dragon4life
formerly known as Sam
Hound of Harrow
Coleman
Welly
Bathite
whocares
PenfroPete
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
Fluxy
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
George Carlin
Geordie
75 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 17 Empty Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well its that time of year...pushing for new contracts...the rumour mill starts to fly...

Any you hear...post them here.....

The first two I've heard...

Priestland to Bath
Carl Fearns - Bath to Falcons.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:57 am

Surely another foreigner is not what Edinburgh need?

Gorgodze would be a cracking signing for Quins.

Falcons are apparently after Italian winger Venditti...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by George Carlin Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:58 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Nasi Manu to Edinburgh from the Highlanders. Cool

Are you just making that up? That's great news if true.....
Nope. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

What kind of carrot did they dangle to get him to come to a freezing mostly empty Murrayfield?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:16 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

He looks a good player, and will be replacing Leonardi I would assume.

Du Preez, Ritchie, Manu, Coman, Denton, Grant, Watson, Blake and Bradbury.

Not the worst collection of back row options we've ever had! Du Preez becomes SQ next year I think, as does Coman (don't laugh), so it'll only be Manu NSQ.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:30 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Not the worst collection of back row options we've ever had! Du Preez becomes SQ next year I think, as does Coman (don't laugh), so it'll only be Manu NSQ.

Remember Blake isn't actually signed for next season yet!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:56 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Remember Blake isn't actually signed for next season yet!

Looks as though Blake's future may lie at Glasgow, as he's in the Scotland squad and obviously highly thought of I wouldn't expect he'll be jettisoned at the end of this season. Of course in addition to Fusaro and Holmes they'll have Favaro so lots of strength in depth at 7.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:00 pm

Not sure if he will go to Glasgow on a permanent basis, already got 3 first choice 7 and then boredill and Spinks coming through.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:05 pm

Kieran Low to Glasgow.

Our survey says:
Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 17 Employ11
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:26 pm

Dean Mumm heading back to Tahs at the end of this season.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 23 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm

That's a big blow for the Chiefs

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 23 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm

George Carlin wrote:Did Quins ever actually confirm Visser? Or did we just do all of that ourselves?

Ha

No not yet but a lot of people on the Quins message board seem to think its a done deal.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Mar 2015, 5:34 pm

yappysnap wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Did Quins ever actually confirm Visser? Or did we just do all of that ourselves?

Ha

No not yet but a lot of people on the Quins message board seem to think its a done deal.

I suppose Monye announcing his retirement today probably puts it into context as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 23 Mar 2015, 5:58 pm

Falcons to announce a new signing at 7am.

Current international aswell.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm

Driver wrote:Falcons to announce a new signing at 7am.

Current international aswell.

Rumours that it may be Jon Welsh, TH prop from Glasgow. Decent player if you can get him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm

Thought it was the tonga captain? Not sure of name

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:26 am

John Welsh to Falcons, happy with this one. I rate the guy highly but not seen much of him this season, any Scottish posters care to pipe in?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:45 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:John Welsh to Falcons, happy with this one. I rate the guy highly but not seen much of him this season, any Scottish posters care to pipe in?
He's terrific and I'm fairly gutted that he's gone.

He spent a while swapping sides of the scrum and so if you're a Glasgow fan with a long memory (like me), you might still be querying whether he's a tight or loosehead. It's surely settled now - he's a tighthead. On that basis, I think that there is little to choose between him and Euan Murray in terms of being Scotland's first choice and Welsh is an awful lot younger than Murray. He suffered a little with injury this season (nothing to be concerned about though) so hasn't quite hit the heights from last season but he's still truly international class.

If you want a recommendation, Jim Telfer spotted him about 8 years ago and described him as one of the naturally strongest men he'd ever seen.

Still not sure that it's a smart move to let him go from a Glasgow perspective. We have a couple of very good potential tightheads in Zander Fagerson and D'Arcy Rae (although Rae usually appears at 1) which I presume is the reason why. Welsh will also want to test himself against the best in the Jeff as Edinburgh's Saffer project player Willem Nel will shortly become SQ and put him under a lot of pressure for his position.

I've banged on for a bit, but basically it's a great signing for the Toon.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:51 am

Just what I was after, cheers George. I've always rated him, I think he could be an upgrade on Brookes tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:57 am

Has Falcons LH problem been solved for next season?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:11 am

We've signed Ben Harris from Leeds LT, he comes with a big reputation. There's a video of him knocking about stripping a FB for pace, can he scrummage though? I'm not sure.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:34 am

George Carlin wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:John Welsh to Falcons, happy with this one. I rate the guy highly but not seen much of him this season, any Scottish posters care to pipe in?

He spent a while swapping sides of the scrum and so if you're a Glasgow fan with a long memory (like me), you might still be querying whether he's a tight or loosehead. It's surely settled now - he's a tighthead. On that basis, I think that there is little to choose between him and Euan Murray in terms of being Scotland's first choice and Welsh is an awful lot younger than Murray. He suffered a little with injury this season (nothing to be concerned about though) so hasn't quite hit the heights from last season but he's still truly international class.

If you want a recommendation, Jim Telfer spotted him about 8 years ago and described him as one of the naturally strongest men he'd ever seen.

Still not sure that it's a smart move to let him go from a Glasgow perspective. We have a couple of very good potential tightheads in Zander Fagerson and D'Arcy Rae (although Rae usually appears at 1) which I presume is the reason why. Welsh will also want to test himself against the best in the Jeff as Edinburgh's Saffer project player Willem Nel will shortly become SQ and put him under a lot of pressure for his position.

He's definitely a good signing for the Falcons, but I wouldn't shower quite as much praise on him as you have GC!

He is certainly a big strong man but the jury is still out on his scrummaging. Let's not forget he was completely dominated by the 1872 cup winners!

Quetionmarks on his fitness too - he could do with losing a bit of his extra 'bulk' he's had to add on to become a tighthead.  He's obviously been following the Alan Jacobson diet!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:41 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

He's definitely a good signing for the Falcons, but I wouldn't shower quite as much praise on him as you have GC!

He is certainly a big strong man but the jury is still out on his scrummaging. Let's not forget he was completely dominated by the 1872 cup winners!

Quetionmarks on his fitness too - he could do with losing a bit of his extra 'bulk' he's had to add on to become a tighthead.  He's obviously been following the Alan Jacobson diet!
An Edinburgh fan not appreciating a Glasgow player. Well, I never. Someone write that down. Wink
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:44 am

Laugh

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 17 Attachment

I very much appreciate him and would be perfectly happy having him at Edinburgh, I just think think you're going a bit too far when you say he's Scotland's joint number 1 tighthead....and his continued non-selection backs that up!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:00 am

I think JW would have had a lot more caps if it was not for his injuries, he has not been lucky on that front. Hopefully he will be back soon for Glasgow before the end of the season and will show us what we will be missing.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:03 am

BigGee wrote:I think JW would have had a lot more caps if it was not for his injuries, he has not been lucky on that front. Hopefully he will be back soon for Glasgow before the end of the season and will show us what we will be missing.
I agree. I didn't say he was better than Murray - just at least as good as any of the second choices.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:12 am

Our local press are reporting him as a loosehead signing.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:16 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Our local press are reporting him as a loosehead signing.

He can play both and was originally a LH but converted. Seen more as a TH now but has that useful versatility.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

He'll be on a good fitness programme down here...we've managed to get Alex Tuilagi back in shape.

At least we are trying to fix our main problem area.

We have signed Welsh, Taione Vea from London Welsh also and hopefully Orlandi will have a good preseason. Add in young Scott Wilson and we are in good shape at TH's.

LH is still a problem.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 24 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm

Can't Orlandi and Welsh both play either side? Could be options at loose head.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 24 Mar 2015, 6:36 pm

Orlandi hasnt been signed as far as I'm aware

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:35 pm

Irish announcing a signing tomorrow I believe.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:10 pm

Neil Fissler ‏@neilfissler 
EXCLUSIVE: Hearing from my top scoop scout Jamie Roberts has agreed to join Harlequins. Still trying to confirm to be 100% sure #rugbyunited
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:21 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Irish announcing a signing tomorrow I believe.

Symons maybe?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:30 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32045431

Symons yes

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:48 am

Yahoo

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:04 am

Jamie Roberts would be epic

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:19 am

Roberts and Visser would be quite the double coup.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:44 pm

Jones confirmed to quins
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

What an odd signing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

Not really. They've been relying heavily on Sinckler this season. A mentor for him and an experienced high quality tight head will help sure up their scrum and defensive rolling maul.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm

I wonder where this leaves Will Collier? Will he be happy going back to being 3rd choice, having been next in line after Sinckler this year.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:02 pm

Collier is young for a prop. There's plenty he can learn I'm the next year or two. The competition will push him on and he needs to improve if he wants to be more than a squad player from what I've seen.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:09 pm

Any idea on the signing exeter are announcing in the morning?

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:47 pm

Probably Julian Salvi. Tigers were unable or unwilling to fit him under the cap having signed O'Connor as Salvi dragged out negotiations with bids from France that are rumoured to no longer be on the table.

Hence I'll be avoiding the Tigers iffy for about a week as they'll be trying to form a lynch mob as it's the end of the world etc etc.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm

Faletau to Bath?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-3011715/Taulupe-Faletau-set-join-Welsh-exodus-Bath-line-Lions-No-8-season.html

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:02 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Not really. They've been relying heavily on Sinckler this season. A mentor for him and an experienced high quality tight head will help sure up their scrum and defensive rolling maul.

Jones isn't high quality anymore though, I'm unsure what he brings tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 26 Mar 2015, 6:08 am

lostinwales wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32045431

Symons yes
That is a fairly epic signing. LI tearing it up this year in the transfer market.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Mar 2015, 6:44 am

Decent signing for Irish, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:20 am

Looks like the chiefs signing is Ollie Atkins from Edinburgh
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:42 am

prop_lyd wrote:Looks like the chiefs signing is Ollie Atkins from Edinburgh
Yes, confirmed. He's a good, young player.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next