The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

+17
AdamT
BoxingFan88
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
owen10ozzy
Seanusarrilius
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Coxy001
88Chris05
RanjitPatel
mobilemaster8
TopHat24/7
wheelchair1991
ONETWOFOREVER
kingraf
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation Empty Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by kingraf Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:07 am

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/1/20/7863983/canelo-vs-kirkland-fight-reportedly-in-advanced-talks-for-may-2

Seems even without Cotto, him and Mrs. Ozzy are hell bent on taking back Cinco de Mayo.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation Empty Re: Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:34 am

FOTY

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation Empty Re: Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:48 am

Good fight looking forward to this one

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:56 am

Should be a good scrap but I give the edge to Canelo because he is a more refind fighter. Saying that this is Kirklands big chance is'nt it. He wont get a bigger shot at the big time then this so I guess him and Ann Wolf will be well up for this.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 9:25 am

Kirkland?

The guy flattened multiple times by pillow-punching Ishida?

Can't see it being FOTY. Poor from Canelo if he cannot finish him in a few rounds.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 9:33 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Kirkland?

The guy flattened multiple times by pillow-punching Ishida?

Can't see it being FOTY.  Poor from Canelo if he cannot finish him in a few rounds.

He had ''issues'' outside the ring at the time but he has improved. He and Woolf have worked on things to get the best out of him. kirkland is a hard nights work for any middleweight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 9:40 am

How did 'issues' mean he could be dropped so easily 3 or 4 times in a round??

Have always put Kirkland in the Grant/Lacey/Berto camp really.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 9:45 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:How did 'issues' mean he could be dropped so easily 3 or 4 times in a round??Have always put Kirkland in the Grant/Lacey/Berto camp really.

Bad day at the office.

If he fights Ishida now he ko's him.

Kirkland wont outbox Canelo but if Canelo comes to fight its 50/50

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:05 am

Kirkland is very crude and went life and death with Angulo....who was hammered into submission with consummate ease by canelo.

Not to mention Ishida blowing him away in an upset.

Canelo should walk this fight ....and it won't even be comparative.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:08 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:How did 'issues' mean he could be dropped so easily 3 or 4 times in a round??Have always put Kirkland in the Grant/Lacey/Berto camp really.

Bad day at the office.

Bad day at the office? Christ almighty that's getting desperate as an excuse.

He was an over-hyped bully that got ahead of himself. Any decent MW should beat him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:24 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Bad day at the office.

Bad day at the office? Christ almighty that's getting desperate as an excuse.

He was an over-hyped bully that got ahead of himself.  Any decent MW should beat him.
You realize that if Kirkland wins, Mayweather will be fighting him next as he's the most dangerous opponent out there?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:56 am

Yep.

And Truss is already backing Kirkland to win that.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 21 Jan 2015, 11:33 am

Camelo should win but this is by no means an easy fight for him. Kirkland is a handful for anyone at the weight. Ishida was years ago and there is some truth to him having an off night. He doesn't have the best of chins but he's taking a shot a lot better now.

Seeing what he did to Tapia, I think this will be very competitive.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 11:40 am

Tapia - how is he ever a yardstick?

I'm struggling to remember the Molina fight, but wasn't he down on the cards on that before the DQ, or was it the other way round?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 21 Jan 2015, 11:46 am

He was pretty hyped before he fought Kirkland. I'm pretty sure he was the bookies favourite.

I think Kirkland might have been up but I'm not sure. He should have been.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:03 pm

I'm in the middle of the two extremes on this one, really. Kirkland's an enjoyable enough fighter, very raw but exciting and hits hard enough to make anyone in the division respect him. He's not a completely soft option for Canelo, but at the same time he's not (or at least shouldn't be considered) a particularly great challenge for him either, for me. They've gone for him in light of the Cotto fight going up in smoke because he's beatable, but crucially he's the kind of fighter who can still make it a decent spectacle even when he's defeated, which he's likely to be whenever he faces a really top guy. A decent short-term fit for a guy like Alvarez who is one of the few big PPV names in the sport; ok-ish name, decent excitement factor, relatively sure fire bet to win.

In an ideal world, I'd have liked Alvarez to get his hands on Cotto's WBC and Ring titles in the next few months as he'd be the only Middleweight titlist who I feel would actually take the Golovkin fight, which is what the division is crying out for. Hey, if / when he beats Kirkland he could always challenge Golovkin for his WBA title purely as a challenger in any case, but I suspect Canelo's people would want him to hold all the bargaining chips and make the fight as big as it possibly can be.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:18 pm

he's the kind of fighter who can still make it a decent spectacle even when he's defeated

Unless he gets knocked out in round 1 like he did against Ishida of course..

Kirkland isn't in his league and can see it being a beatdown in the FMJ vs Gatti sort of mould - not in terms of styles, just the general one-sided whooping Kirkland is going to take.

Heard Bradley's name in the mix. A 'step up in weight tester' fighter against Kirkland would be good fun if Bradley vs Prov was anything to go by, Kirkland has similar brawling/wild tendencies like the latter. Would be a fun fight to watch in my eyes anyway.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:40 pm

It's a pretty fun punch-up but Canelo will win at a canter - pretty similar to the way he beat up Angulo. I'm assuming this is another PPV date? At least the fans will get a bang for their buck (if not a competitive fight).

Golovkin must be starting to sweat a bit. No way does Cotto, Chavez, Alvarez or Floyd (or even the likes of Froch) offer him a fight. At this rate he'll wind up fighting Andre Ward for peanuts.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:49 pm

hazharrison wrote:It's a pretty fun punch-up but Canelo will win at a canter - pretty similar to the way he beat up Angulo. I'm assuming this is another PPV date? At least the fans will get a bang for their buck (if not a competitive fight).

Golovkin must be starting to sweat a bit. No way does Cotto, Chavez, Alvarez or Floyd (or even the likes of Froch) offer him a fight. At this rate he'll wind up fighting Andre Ward for peanuts.

Froch offered the fight before GGG said he was not ready.

Has it ever crossed you're mind that it's GGG who is running?

He has not called out anyone since his water broke against Stevens.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
hazharrison wrote:It's a pretty fun punch-up but Canelo will win at a canter - pretty similar to the way he beat up Angulo. I'm assuming this is another PPV date? At least the fans will get a bang for their buck (if not a competitive fight).

1. That didn't happen.
2. No, that's ridiculous.
3. That isn't correct.

Nice talking to you.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm

hazharrison wrote:Golovkin must be starting to sweat a bit. No way does Cotto, Chavez, Alvarez or Floyd (or even the likes of Froch) offer him a fight. At this rate he'll wind up fighting Andre Ward for peanuts.

And likely lose, at 168.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Quote immediately following his last bout, taken in the ring:

"Look at me. I have three belts. I want fight everybody"

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Golovkin must be starting to sweat a bit. No way does Cotto, Chavez, Alvarez or Floyd (or even the likes of Froch) offer him a fight. At this rate he'll wind up fighting Andre Ward for peanuts.

And likely lose, at 168.

I'm not so sure about that. Let's see what Ward looks like when he fights next.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm

Mayweather, Martinez, Cotto, Chavez and Froch all cowards.

Being the only real fighter in Boxing must really grate on GGG..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:01 pm

hazharrison wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

1. That didn't happen.
3. That isn't correct.

Nice talking to you.

Let's talk some more!

Hearn offered the fight but GGG trainer declined and said he was not ready to face someone on Froch level.

GGG has not fought ANYONE of any note apart from Stevens

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mayweather, Martinez, Cotto, Chavez and Froch all cowards.

Sarcasim duely noted and fair.

I just don't understand the logic of so called boxing fans on here TRUSS.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:06 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mayweather, Martinez, Cotto, Chavez and Froch all cowards.

Sarcasim duely noted and fair.

I just don't understand the logic of so called boxing fans on here TRUSS.

... but you do have the excuse of a poor education.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

If he can't get the fights at 168..

Then why not Stevenson..Even have a catchweight!!

If Fitz, Tiger and Robbo can do it why not this 33 year old who hasn't much time ??

Robbo was a welter...

Legacy smashing win in any language..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If he can't get the fights at 168..

If Fitz, Tiger and Robbo can do it why not this 33 year old who hasn't much time ??

Robbo was a welter...

clap clap clap clap

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:13 pm

But not for Mayweather who doesn't have to risk fighting GGG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:13 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

1. That didn't happen.
3. That isn't correct.

Nice talking to you.

Let's talk some more!

Hearn offered the fight but GGG trainer declined and said he was not ready to face someone on Froch level.

The guy he destroyed and yet you incessantly whinge on about how much he struggled with him? The guy that's no better than Rubio or Geale?

He also smashed the poopie out of Ishida, who took your other boy to school, Kirkland.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Robbo was a welter...

clap clap clap clap

ONETruss strikes again..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:16 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

1. That didn't happen.
3. That isn't correct.

Nice talking to you.

Let's talk some more!

I'd be interested to see that Hearn quote (which is absolute nonsense).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:18 pm

Robbo was a welter...

Has Stevenson suggested he'll fight him?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:18 pm

Like it or not May, Cotto and Manny have beaten top fighters in good quantities..

GGG hasn't beaten any.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like it or not May, Cotto and Manny have beaten top fighters in good quantities..

Which no-one disputes. If only he could land a fight with one eh?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like it or not May, Cotto and Manny have beaten top fighters in good quantities..

Correct

He has been carefully managed. Rubio was a disgrace he could have fought better names in Quillen, Cotto, Martinez even Groves or Degale

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Correct

He has been carefully managed. Rubio was a disgrace he could have fought better names in Quillen, Cotto, Martinez even Groves or Degale

Oh dear. I fear the board will vanish into a rabbit hole at any moment....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:30 pm

Murray is a great fight for this guy.....apparently !!

Tell me any of GGG's opponents who were ranked higher than Broner-slapping Maidana ??

What a joke..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Murray is a great fight for this guy.....apparently !!

Tell me any of GGG's opponents who were ranked higher than Broner-slapping Maidana ??

What a joke..

At middleweight? All of them.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:37 pm

I love the way a middle of the road light welterweight who went life and death with Victor Ortiz and made his name smacking around a fat super featherweight has suddenly morphed into this awesome fighter. Was he POUND FOR POUND?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:03 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Correct

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Kid ChocolateDuck??????????? Whatever makes you think that fight would have happened?!!?!!? Laugh

And then two fringe world SMWs?? What a joke post.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:04 pm

What a joke..

Would MM really have been ranked any higher than Geale??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

Geale had just been beat by Barker .............Broner was unbeaten and highly regarded..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

Geale had just been beat by Barker .............Broner was unbeaten and highly regarded..

......by Trussman.....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:16 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

......by Trussman.....

Yep he wasn't highly regarded.............. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

......by Trussman.....

Yep he wasn't highly regarded.............. Rolling Eyes

By who? He was a highly regarded super featherweight but had looked distinctly average at welterweight against Malignaggi.

He looked even more average after Maidana smacked him around the ring.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm

TRUSS is confusing highly regarded with being massively over hyped (BTW TRUSS is "highly regarded" on these boards!!!!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

Wait, which MM are you talking about then? I assume the one that went in to fight Broner, not the one that beat him and fought Floyd.

The MM that was selected to fight Broner was just a general divisional Top10 fighter. No better than Geale.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:32 pm

Great action fight. Canelo by KO inside 6

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next