The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

+17
AdamT
BoxingFan88
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
owen10ozzy
Seanusarrilius
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Coxy001
88Chris05
RanjitPatel
mobilemaster8
TopHat24/7
wheelchair1991
ONETWOFOREVER
kingraf
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation - Page 2 Empty Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by kingraf Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:07 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/1/20/7863983/canelo-vs-kirkland-fight-reportedly-in-advanced-talks-for-may-2

Seems even without Cotto, him and Mrs. Ozzy are hell bent on taking back Cinco de Mayo.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:35 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Great action fight. Canelo by KO inside 6

I don't get it, Sean. What has this comment got to do with Floyd Mayweather and how many pound for pounders he's beaten? I don't see the relevance.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Murray is a great fight for this guy.....apparently !!

Tell me any of GGG's opponents who were ranked higher than Broner-slapping Maidana ??

What a joke..

Would MM really have been ranked any higher than Geale??

Geale had just been beat by Barker .............Broner was unbeaten and highly regarded..

Wait, which MM are you talking about then? I assume the one that went in to fight Broner, not the one that beat him and fought Floyd.

The MM that was selected to fight Broner was just a general divisional Top10 fighter. No better than Geale.

I'm talking about when each fought Mayweather and GGG...

Are you possibly telling me a guy who's just lost to Barker..............Is as highly regarded as a guy who beat a three division champ regarded by some as the heir to Mayweather.......??

You probably are......You're that dumb !! Cool Cool Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:39 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If he can't get the fights at 168..

Then why not Stevenson..Even have a catchweight!!

If Fitz, Tiger and Robbo can do it why not this 33 year old who hasn't much time ??

Robbo was a welter...

Legacy smashing win in any language..

Has Stevenson suggested he'll fight him?

Really Truss...the same Stevenson that won't step into the ring with Kovalev
..he's going to suddenly grow a pair and fight GGG.

I agree to some level that Cotto and Mayweather don't need GGG so why.go out of there way to fight him (in the context of modern day boxing no one does so don't expect the trend to be bucked) however if your using that as an argument as to why they can't be levelled with accusations of ducking then you can't put blame on GGG for not fighting anyone above mediocre because he is a victim of circumstance rather than anything else.

What I will say that unless your a staunch fan of Cotto or Mayweather over boxing itself then you simply can't defend those two fighting each other again over GGG,more the former than the latter. It's a fight that holds no merit as a middleweight contest and even very little as a superfight due to it being a conclusive result last time out. And before the Cotto beat Martinez argument comes out...it was never at Middleweight...Martinez was an absolute shell of his former self (and that's being polite)and GGG deserved his wherefore Cotto in the first place.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:40 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

I don't get it, Sean. What has this comment got to do with Floyd Mayweather and how many pound for pounders he's beaten? I don't see the relevance.
Or how long he's been at the top?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:41 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Haha.

Where is my head at??

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

My new tactic on this forum is to read the title and respond to it without reading the endless layers of rubbish written below. My hope is that 1 in 10 comments on any given thread will have something to do with the original post. Ambitious, I know. This forum has slowly descended into a bunch of really bad Xmas cracker joke posters, but we can dream of 1 in 10, can't we?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:43 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:46 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

My new tactic on this forum is to read the title and respond to it without reading the endless layers of rubbish written below. My hope is that 1 in 10 comments on any given thread will have something to do with the original post. Ambitious, I know. This forum has slowly descended into a bunch of really bad Xmas cracker joke posters, but we can dream of 1 in 10, can't we?

It's attitudes like that which turns sports forums into a bloody joke mate

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Tell me any of GGG's opponents who were ranked higher than Broner-slapping Maidana ??

What a joke..

Geale had just been beat by Barker .............Broner was unbeaten and highly regarded..

Wait, which MM are you talking about then? I assume the one that went in to fight Broner, not the one that beat him and fought Floyd.

The MM that was selected to fight Broner was just a general divisional Top10 fighter. No better than Geale.

Are you possibly telling me a guy who's just lost to Barker..............Is as highly regarded as a guy who beat a three division champ regarded by some as the heir to Mayweather.......??

You probably are......You're that dumb !!  Cool  Cool  Wink

Not sure what the relevance is of pretty much anything you're saying...??! Maybe go back to sniffing your Floyd embossed w@nk rag.

Pre-Broner, MM was just a divisional player that'd lost to anyone decent he'd fought (Khan, Alexander, Kotelnik), scraped past an agent Morales and beat a useless hype-job in Ortiz. Nothing to suggest anything better than most of the better guys GGG has fought.

He then slapped another hype-job (who'd been gifted a belt versus a limited fighter) and got beat twice on the bounce (admittely by the self-proclaimed TBE).

Still don't see how he can be regarded higher than a Geale or a Rubio etc.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:47 pm

As for the Canelo fight, it's a fight which can be hyped easily and sold off the back of a highlight reel package showing Kirklands power. Very easy sell which the Mexican fans will lap up.

On the face of it it's decent enough but delve a bit deeper and its one that could be a bit of a breeze for Canelo. We have seen nothing to suggest he can't take a shot from Kirkland...he is a much better boxer and he definitely possesses enough of a dig to take Kirkland out.

I'm of the thinking Kirkland has some early success but eventually takes on a beating before being pulled out around the 8th round

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

Not sure what the relevance is of pretty much anything you're saying...??! Maybe go back to sniffing your Floyd embossed w@nk rag.

Pre-Broner, MM was just a divisional player that'd lost to anyone decent he'd fought (Khan, Alexander, Kotelnik), scraped past an agent Morales and beat a useless hype-job in Ortiz.  Nothing to suggest anything better than most of the better guys GGG has fought.

He then slapped another hype-job (who'd been gifted a belt versus a limited fighter) and got beat twice on the bounce (admittely by the self-proclaimed TBE).  

Enough time spent on you...........Go play with ONETWO..

Dear oh dear.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

Pre-Broner, MM was just a divisional player that'd lost to anyone decent he'd fought (Khan, Alexander, Kotelnik), scraped past an agent Morales and beat a useless hype-job in Ortiz.  Nothing to suggest anything better than most of the better guys GGG has fought.

He thought he was

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

He thought he was

He probably did.............He gets everything else wrong !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:56 pm

Maybe he just can't tell the difference what with you holding such similar and often fanciful opinions

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Maybe he just can't tell the difference what with you holding such similar and often fanciful opinions

Yep it is hard to tell us apart.....We are so much alike.

I've just been practising my spinning back fist..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Maybe he just can't tell the difference what with you holding such similar and often fanciful opinions

When is your wife likely to recover consciousness then?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

When is your wife likely to recover consciousness then?

She's been in a coma for the last 20 years...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:01 pm

Both took absences over Xmas. ONETWO's fawing 'return' article stank of the sort of 'retirement' guff we used to get from Trussman.

Toss eachother's salads over any matter than be remotely linked back to Floyd.

Both tend to ignore logic, common sense or intelligent rationale when doing so.

So hardly a hard 'mistake' to make.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

What a joke..

BUT WHAT ABOUT POUND FOR POUND????!!!!!!!!!!!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:13 pm

Broner was Top 12/15 in most lists !! Laugh Cool

Keep an eye on Haz guys.............If GGG becomes p4p number 1..

It'll be the best thing since sliced bread !! Wink thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Broner was Top 12/15 in most lists !! Laugh Cool

Confusing 'my' with 'most' again, Trussy??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Broner was Top 12/15 in most lists !! Laugh Cool

P4P is a load of old guff. I just want to see him in big fights - we don't all share your warped take on things.

1. Truss likes a fighter = said fighter is immune from all criticism

2. Any criticism of said fighter by other parties will be a declaration they do NOT LIKE them

3. If this is the case, who are they liking instead?

4. Can this alternative liked fighter be torn down a strip to make Truss's liked fighter more appealing?

Give me a break, you big teenage hump.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:33 pm

Got to like this fight given the Cotto fight is off the table

Canelo has already fought the best light middleweight not him in Lara and whether you thought he won or not it was close and hard to complain against. That fight wasn't much of a spectacle in terms of excitement whereas this fight is

Kirkland has vulnerabilities and has been prone to early knockdowns, but after 3 rounds he becomes a machine. He applies so much pressure and throws power shot after power shot, will be interesting to see how Canelo reacts to his power and aggression. Kirkland can wipe you out with a single punch

Cinco de mayo is now booked and mayweather-cotto will happen in june, then when cotto loses he knows he's got another shot to take the canelo fight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Got to like this fight given the Cotto fight is off the table

Canelo has already fought the best light middleweight not him in Lara and whether you thought he won or not it was close and hard to complain against. That fight wasn't much of a spectacle in terms of excitement whereas this fight is

Kirkland has vulnerabilities and has been prone to early knockdowns, but after 3 rounds he becomes a machine. He applies so much pressure and throws power shot after power shot, will be interesting to see how Canelo reacts to his power and aggression. Kirkland can wipe you out with a single punch
Cinco de mayo is now booked and mayweather-cotto will happen in june, then when cotto loses he knows he's got another shot to take the canelo fight
Are you on his f*cking payroll?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Both took absences over Xmas. ONETWO's fawing 'return' article stank of the sort of 'retirement' guff we used to get from Trussman.

In fairness to ONETWO...............He's never thought Billy Conn was a Top 20 Heavy.. or that "Poor Man's Chuvalo" was an endearing term !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Got to like this fight given the Cotto fight is off the table

Are you on his f*cking payroll?

Is anything I said incorrect?

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:04 pm

Can't really argue with this fight. Ok Kirkland got minced by the pillow punching Ishida in 1 but he came back with a few exciting fights. Plus wasn't the Ishida fight his first after doing time in the can. He brings excitement and so does Canelo. If it wasn't for the Mayweather/Pac nonsense we would all be happy with this fight. If Floyd doesn't fight Pac Id take Canelo vs Kirkland over any other fight has with an opponent other than Pac.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Both took absences over Xmas. ONETWO's fawing 'return' article stank of the sort of 'retirement' guff we used to get from Trussman.

In fairness to ONETWO...............He's never thought Billy Conn was a Top 20 Heavy.. or that "Poor Man's Chuvalo" was an endearing term !!

I'd say "he's nailed on Top 3 p4p because he beat Prov among others" is pretty darn endearing, personally.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I'd say "he's nailed on Top 3 p4p because he beat Prov among others" is pretty darn endearing, personally.......

Said beating any other champ like Hatton beat Maussa will count on a ledger...Is what I wrote !!...............Conn Top 20 heavy !! Rolling Eyes

Poor Man's Chuvalo...........Geez I was really praising him !! Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Haha

This is the outcome of ridiculousness, not the cause.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Haha

This is the outcome of ridiculousness, not the cause.

"Eubank Jr is the future of the middleweight division" ...There has been some cracker joke posters, You're right !.......... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Said beating any other champ like Hatton beat Maussa will count on a ledger...Is what I wrote !!...............Conn Top 20 heavy !! Rolling Eyes

That wasn't what you said though, was it? Want me to quote you, again??

You started chucking the Chuvalo shtick out when trying to defend your BS down the line. In your Tim Bradley #3p4p homage you list Prov as a reason to justify the position and made ZERO reference to him actually being "just a poor man's chuvalo".

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

That wasn't what you said though, was it? Want me to quote you, again??

You started chucking the Chuvalo shtick out when trying to defend your BS down the line.  In your Tim Bradley #3p4p homage you list Prov as a reason to justify the position and made ZERO reference to him actually being "just a poor man's chuvalo".

Yes it was...............I'll debate you on the OFF topic section....No offence but you're more limited than a trialhorse on here !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm

I better get that quote function out again then...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I better get that quote function out again then...

Do it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t51968-tim-bradley-is-an-alltime-great-you-agree

Here you use Provo to help justify ATG (??!?!!) status.

Chuvalo doesn't come up once in the thread.

https://www.606v2.com/t49377-history-america-1-2-3-in-the-ring-p4p-rankings

Here you use Provo to justify current p4p#3. FOr example:

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:JMM, Alexander, Manny and now the new WBO champ Provo and future champ petersen.........More than suffices....

me thinks..

Leonard wasn't number 1 after Hagler old boy.

Again, Chuvalo doesn't come up in the thread once.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t51968-tim-bradley-is-an-alltime-great-you-agree

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:JMM, Alexander, Manny and now the new WBO champ Provo and future champ petersen.........More than suffices....

me thinks..

I have said  the Chuvalo line often enough on others as you well know !!..

Like I said Maussa counts as a plus for Hatton ....Berbick is a plus for Holmes because he's an ex champ............I don't rate them either..As champions they have value ...Like it or not !!...

Proved nothing my friend..... Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 5:26 pm

As champions they have value ...Like it or not !!

Tend to disagree Truss. Maussa from memory beat the horribly average Vivian Harris (worse still knocked him out?)??). That sort of caliber of opponent (regarding it being a plus for Hatton) does in no way shape of form give them any sort of value.

Back in the days when they weren't giving out international/emeritus/silver/gold/pink/turdskin belts then yes, there was value in being the champ.

Lets not apply the 1980s train of thought (something you're always keen to do) to today's day and age when I'm just flat out astonished I've not held one of the 9090123902390 versions of a belt for winning a fight on my iPhone game.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:01 pm

Reading between the lines, this probably means that the mega fight isn't happening.

Big fan of Mayweather, but this is a duck and does nothing to shelve the myths that he was the one at fault back in 2010.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm

Take it I'm the only one on here who thinks Canelo is a bit overrated. Good fighter but don't think he's THAT good.

Not even being sarcastic, look how easy old man Mayweather beat him. Also Lara should of been a bit more ambitious and he would of got the result.

Think Cotto would of beat him in my opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 21 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm

I'm not too hot on him either Adam. Has his limitations but I can't fault his ambition in going after the fights he does. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to make a fight with Pacquaio happen, which I would like to see! Agreed Cotto would have beaten Canelo.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:03 pm

I've tended to rate him a bit lower than most others, too. I like him, don't get me wrong. But always felt that those waiting for him to become the new De la Hoya or a modern great would be left pretty disappointed. Was very surprised that so many were giving him a chance against Floyd.

I'd concede that he's better than I thought he was going to be, though. The Trout and Lara decisions were a bit iffy in varying degrees without being robberies or particularly controversial, but three years or so back I would have doubted he could even make it close against good, smart boxers such as those guys (for what it's worth, I thought both fights were extremely close and could have gone either way by a slither, and equally both could have been a draw). Right up until the Mosley fight, Alvarez always looked very, very hittable which is something he's worked hard on, and when he opens up he's got quick hands and an attractive array of shots. You have to give him kudos for clearly being ambitious in terms of who he's willing to face, too.

He needs to piddle or get off the pot with regards to weight, mind you. Is he still a Light-Middle? Is he moving up to fully-fledged Middle now? Or is he planning on maintaining this new 155 lb division he's invented recently? As I said earlier, he's the only big-name guy at 154 or 160 who I genuinely believe would take the Golovkin fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:05 pm

Agreed he definitely has ba.ls

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:07 pm

He was being touted as the next superstar. He is willing but doesn't have the talent to be a top p4p fighter.

Good fighter that I do enjoy to watch but doubt he will be a great.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 9:25 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t51968-tim-bradley-is-an-alltime-great-you-agree

me thinks..

I have said  the Chuvalo line often enough on others as you well know !!..

Like I said Maussa counts as a plus for Hatton ....Berbick is a plus for Holmes because he's an ex champ............I don't rate them  either..As champions they have value ...Like it or not !!...

Proved nothing my friend..... Cool

On the threads where you sang Bradley's praises and used Provo as a win to justify ATG/p4p#3 status, you never qualified it with 'Chuvalo' comments once.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:31 am

AdamT wrote:He was being touted as the next superstar. He is willing but doesn't have the talent to be a top p4p fighter.

Good fighter that I do enjoy to watch but doubt he will be a great.

Alvarez is a decent enough fighter - he showed he';s around the same level as Trout and Lara, whatever that makes him.

It's a shame we won't see him in against Cotto. That could have been a good matchup.

Big moneyspinner, like Chavez Jr. He isn't a great fighter, though.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:41 am

Boxing is beginning to urine me off more than ever. I'm fed up with all the politics.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 2:37 pm

AdamT wrote:Boxing is beginning to urine me off more than ever. I'm fed up with all the politics.

I can understand you being fed up, Mate........

Problem is these days....and this is where guys like Mayweather are both lucky and unlucky....Is that there are no stars around........

Tyson-Spinks was scheduled for 87..........But Spinks pulled out of the Unification and for the next two years it was "You're ducking..No you're ducking etc" but it wasn't a problem because we had............

Leonard, Hearns, Holy, Nunn, Curry, Honeyghan, Mugabi, Breland, Starling, Camacho, Rosario, Chavez, Pazienza, Duran, Nelson, Mccallum, Jackson, Benn, Esparragoza, Taylor, Whittaker......

So there was plenty to look forward too.............

These days Mayweather and a couple of others are stars and they know they can pull big money at medium risk because there isn't this other compensation around !!.It's devoid of names and talent and it inflates your pay !!

On the downside defending against decent but not stellar opposition is highlighted more because unlike Holmes types who fought crud in his last few years...............There isn't the big names to drown out that fact !!...........Holmes had the big four as well as many of the above....

Have to hope more talent comes through..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 2:48 pm

Can't argue with that Truss.

Boxing is full of good fighters, hopefully some upcoming fighters can make it to superstardom.

Still have a feeling Manny and Floyd will fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:10 pm

AdamT wrote:Can't argue with that Truss.

Boxing is full of good fighters, hopefully some upcoming fighters can make it to superstardom.

Still have a feeling Manny and Floyd will fight.

It has good fighters but it hasn't got any stars.............

Boxing needs Americans thriving...........Sounds a little flag waving.....But it's true !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next