The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

+17
AdamT
BoxingFan88
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
owen10ozzy
Seanusarrilius
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Coxy001
88Chris05
RanjitPatel
mobilemaster8
TopHat24/7
wheelchair1991
ONETWOFOREVER
kingraf
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation - Page 3 Empty Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by kingraf Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:07 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/1/20/7863983/canelo-vs-kirkland-fight-reportedly-in-advanced-talks-for-may-2

Seems even without Cotto, him and Mrs. Ozzy are hell bent on taking back Cinco de Mayo.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation - Page 3 Empty Re: Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:Can't argue with that Truss.

Boxing is full of good fighters, hopefully some upcoming fighters can make it to superstardom.

Still have a feeling Manny and Floyd will fight.

It has good fighters but it hasn't got any stars.............

Boxing needs Americans thriving...........Sounds a little flag waving.....But it's true !!

Can't argue with that. America is very much behind UFC now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation - Page 3 Empty Re: Canelo vs Kirkland close to confirmation

Post by Coxy001 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:17 pm

AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Boxing is full of good fighters, hopefully some upcoming fighters can make it to superstardom.

Boxing needs Americans thriving...........Sounds a little flag waving.....But it's true !!

The only reason they're behind it is because most of the fighters are yanks. Give it 10 years and due to being a bunch of retards they'll lose interest when all the top guys aren't Americans!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:19 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

The only reason they're behind it is because most of the fighters are yanks. Give it 10 years and due to being a bunch of retards they'll lose interest when all the top guys aren't Americans!

Wow............Did you come to the conclusion all on your own ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Yes.

Once the divisional champs get flooded with foreigners.. you lot can't identify with a fighter because he's not American then interest will decline. Is just like the "world series" of baseball or the NFL, you lot turn up to sports/watch on TV where only Americans are involved. As soon as someone takes over (like Europe in the Ryder Cup) you lose interest.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Boxing's doing just fine without Americans thriving.

Give me the likes of Lomachenko, Golovkin, Kovalev, Froch, Walters, Pacquiao, Frampton, Santa Cruz, Rigondeuax, Gonzalez, Matthysse, Provodnikov, Cotto, Inoue etc. over the likes of Hopkins, Floyd, Bradley and Ward any day of the week.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:38 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Yes.

Once the divisional champs get flooded with foreigners.. you lot can't identify with a fighter because he's not American then interest will decline. Is just like the "world series" of baseball or the NFL, you lot turn up to sports/watch on TV where only Americans are involved. As soon as someone takes over (like Europe in the Ryder Cup) you lose interest.

Stereotyping hey !!............Everyone is fat in America too...........Didn't you know ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:41 pm

Actually America's grip of boxing looks to be slipping to me. A simple cursory check of Boxrec (not the best p4p list but it's quick!) shows tht hardly any of the top 15 are American.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

To be fair Truss you did say it yourself:

Boxing needs Americans thriving

Pretty much proved my point for me regarding attention spans and that once UFC gets flooded with foreign champs people will lose interest in that as well. And I'm not applying it to every single American you thundertwonk.

Everyone is fat in America too

Certainly not the two birds that I tapped over there.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

American
Soviet
Filipino
Mexican
Mexican
Soviet
Brit
Canadian
Soviet
American
Cuban
Puerto Rican
Brit
Argie
American

Don't agree with the list, but as a selection that's pretty daming of America's current contribution to boxing.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:57 pm

It's a shame they couldn't make Canelo vs Golovkin at middleweight on May 2 (if the aim is to compete with Mayweather-Cotto).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:58 pm

Would love to see Cotto v Canelo.

Who would you pick for that Haz?

I favour Cotto myself

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:04 pm

AdamT wrote:Would love to see Cotto v Canelo.

Who would you pick for that Haz?

I favour Cotto myself

I think Canelo would start favourite as the younger, less war-torn, naturally bigger man but I'd give Cotto every chance. Too tough to call.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:08 pm

Probably not a lot in it. Just think Cotto would be that bit better. Would be a good fight and I agree it is tough to call.

Perfect year for boxing.

Floyd v Manny
Khan v Brook
Frampton vs Quigg (then Santa Cruz after he beats Quigg)
Wilder vs Fury (winner takes on Wlad)

Also would like to see someone grow a set and fight GGG. Maybe Cotto or Canelo.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm

AdamT wrote:Probably not a lot in it. Just think Cotto would be that bit better. Would be a good fight and I agree it is tough to call.

Perfect year for boxing.

Floyd v Manny
Khan v Brook
Frampton vs Quigg (then Santa Cruz after he beats Quigg)
Wilder vs Fury (winner takes on Wlad)

Also would like to see someone grow a set and fight GGG. Maybe Cotto or Canelo.

Frampton vs Quigg will definitely happen.

Khan vs Brook might if Khan doesn't face Pacquiao.

Don't fancy Fury vs Wilder this year.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:16 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing Khan v Manny as well. Be a good fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:19 pm

AdamT wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing Khan v Manny as well. Be a good fight.

Not sure fights that last 90 seconds are good fights. But each to their own.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:21 pm

Coxy001 wrote:

Do you not think Khan could keep his distance for a few rounds and make it interesting?

Manny is still powerful but he is not what he once was

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:22 pm

Coxy001 wrote:

Bit of an exaggeration there, Coxy. Pacquiao would survive at least until the third.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:23 pm

Still would have Manny favourite but think a controlled Khan is an interesting test for sure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Bit of an exaggeration there, Coxy. Pacquiao would survive at least until the third.

Survive the temptation to knock him clean out you mean and give the those that have paid money for seats/PPV a bit of value for their money.

I mean Manny is such a charitable person, with everything he does being for his fans and that he's like a modern day Mother Theresa only far superior.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Survive the temptation to knock him clean out you mean and give the those that have paid money for seats/PPV a bit of value for their money.

I mean Manny is such a charitable person, with everything he does being for his fans and that he's like a modern day Mother Theresa only far superior.

This useless Khan you keep going on about..........

When is he fighting next ??...Love to see him fight !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 24 Jan 2015, 7:18 pm

Talk of this fight being on standard hbo. If the mayweather pacman fight does not go ahead this fight will be the free alternative to whatever ppv mayweather puts out on showtime.

Last edited by jimdig on Tue 27 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:04 pm

de la Hoya's stance with Canelo is putting a huge amount of pressure on Mayweather to sign the deal with Pacquiao. Its obvious he still doesnt fancy it with all the stalling going on and I reckon if it wasnt for de la Hoya insisting on keeping Canelo on the May date for any fight bar Mayweather v Pacquaio then Mayweather would have already killed the fight by now.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:02 pm

Don't see the point in Alvarez vs Kirkland. Yes Kirkland can bang, and if he can land on Saul's chin we'll truly see how good that chin is, but Kirkland hasn't fought in 17/18 months. The fight isn't PPV. So little to gain for Alvarez. If Saul doesn't get into a war he should win by UD or late stoppage.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:12 pm

But the fight isn't PPV is it, it's just on normal HBO

And we've yet to see Canelo under proper pressure, angulo was suppose to but he looked too worn in that fight and angulo couldn't capitalise on Canelo's poor workrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 27 Jan 2015, 9:50 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:But the fight isn't PPV is it, it's just on normal HBO

And we've yet to see Canelo under proper pressure, angulo was suppose to but he looked too worn in that fight and angulo couldn't capitalise on Canelo's poor workrate
Mr West Ham ready my post again. I did say it's non PPV.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 27 Jan 2015, 9:53 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:But the fight isn't PPV is it, it's just on normal HBO

Mr West Ham ready my post again. I did say it's non PPV.

Ahh woops misread that

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3