The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+37
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
Blueschief
LordDowlais
TBJ9625
munkian
Don Blues
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Fanster
Chunky Norwich
PenfroPete
Welshmushroom
dragon4life
tatterd
XR
Jhamer25
formerly known as Sam
Welly
RDW
Notch
VinceWLB
Comfort
SecretFly
George Carlin
Liam
wayne
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
Steffan
rumpelstiltskindoh
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
The Saint
Hound of Harrow
wales606
41 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 17 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prop
Gethin Jenkins, Taufa'ao Filise, Craig Mitchell, Sam Hobbs, Scott Andrews, Thomas Davies, Dillon Lewis

Hooker
Matthew Rees, Kristian Dacey, Rhys Williams, Ethan Lewis

2nd Row
Jarrad Hoeata, James Down, Lou Reed, Chris Dicomidis, Miles Normandale

Flanker
Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, Jevon Groves, Ben Roach

Eight
Manoa Vosawai

Scrum half
Tavis Knoyle, Lloyd Williams, Lewis Jones, Tomos Williams

Fly half
Rhys Patchell, Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Jarrod Evans, Will Thomas

Centre
Cory Allen, Gavin Evans, Richard Smith, Tom Pascoe, Adam Thomas, Garyn Smith, Ray Lee-Lo

Wing
Alex Cuthbert, Harry Davies, Owen Jenkins, Chris Knight, Tom Williams, Tom James

Full back
Blaine Scully, Dan Fish, Geraint Walsh, Aled Summerhill

Last edited by wales606 on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 17 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 29 Nov 2015, 8:10 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I heard that too Dave. Hopefully Halfpenny is one of them? Have you heard any names be chucked about? I hope other Welsh teams follow through and do it, better yet do a Connacht; get a good coach and recruit high quality players in the right positions.

No, but I hope they are players whose priority is to give their all for Cardiff and their efforts benefit team Wales in some shape or form.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 17 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Sun 29 Nov 2015, 9:26 pm

Steve Moore was mentioned on the Cardiff Rugby Forum. I'd be happy with that. Time to get shot of Rees.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:14 am

Ambitious! I like it. He's surely going to France though...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 30 Nov 2015, 9:35 am

'Super' signings or more dross?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:01 am

Problem about rumours is that they are just that. As long as Wilson is picking the players and not Pies i'm happy. 

Also heard that the Scarlets want a pop at Halfpenny when he comes back.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:55 am

Cardiff Blues need to get rid of the problems they have at the club first before they throw good money after bad money. They need to get rid of the big time charlies down there. I have here'd some serious issues going on behind the closed doors with players trying to dictate training and the what not. The region is becoming a joke.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:43 pm

I'm more excited to hear who we're not resigning then who we are at the moment. Andrews, Rees, Reed, Normandale the list goes on. We are dropping loads at the end of the season. Just hope it's a thorough clean aye.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:55 pm

wales606 wrote:'Super' signings or more dross?

Well i'm feelin' groovy and i'm getting the vibe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:17 pm

Coleman wrote:Problem about rumours is that they are just that. As long as Wilson is picking the players and not Pies i'm happy. 

Also heard that the Scarlets want a pop at Halfpenny when he comes back.

Yep.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:56 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Cardiff Blues need to get rid of the problems they have at the club first before they throw good money after bad money. They need to get rid of the big time charlies down there. I have here'd some serious issues going on behind the closed doors with players trying to dictate training and the what not. The region is becoming a joke.

I get that impression too.
"moving in the right direction" at last.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/blues-chairman-peter-thomas-appeals-2106150

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 8:49 pm

The old ones are the best.....

"Cardiff Blues target top-quality players

"Chairman Peter Thomas says they are currently in negotiations to fill two positions as they look to build on the success of this term.

“We’ve got Sam Norton-Knight coming in at 10, Gareth Cooper at 9 and Gavin Evans in the centre and we are looking at two other positions to strengthen the squad further,” he said. “We are currently in negotiations to try and fill those positions by the start of next season.

“We are looking for top quality.

“If there is a particular position that we want to fill, we want the very best available in that position.

“And, if for whatever reason, someone leaves, then the person who comes in has to be at least the same level – if not better.
“Next year we will have a reduced squad, but a quality one, of around 34-36 players, plus 12 Academy players.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-target-top-quality-players-2112460

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:39 pm

Don't take this this wrong way, but I've felt for a while that if Cardiff Blues can't succeed with their WRU money (which we all get), plus a billionaire backer, plus being based in our capital with its bright lights and nice stuff, then we're all (in Wales) pretty screwed. Blues should be able to afford to attract the best players and coaches to Wales, and afford as good an academy structure as anyone. If they can't then the Dragons have no chance!

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:48 pm

Griff wrote:Don't take this this wrong way, but I've felt for a while that if Cardiff Blues can't succeed with their WRU money (which we all get), plus a billionaire backer, plus being based in our capital with its bright lights and nice stuff, then we're all (in Wales) pretty screwed. Blues should be able to afford to attract the best players and coaches to Wales, and afford as good an academy structure as anyone. If they can't then the Dragons have no chance!

Billionaire Griff are you sure (£1,000,000,000)

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:53 pm

wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:Don't take this this wrong way, but I've felt for a while that if Cardiff Blues can't succeed with their WRU money (which we all get), plus a billionaire backer, plus being based in our capital with its bright lights and nice stuff, then we're all (in Wales) pretty screwed. Blues should be able to afford to attract the best players and coaches to Wales, and afford as good an academy structure as anyone. If they can't then the Dragons have no chance!

Alright mr pedantic! Rich as f*ck and willing to burn a lot of it in the name of Cardiff Blues.

Multi-millionaire then. Which, I think I'm right in saying, none of the other regions have in the same capacity anymore (Brown at the Dragons not sticking money in; Ospreys money man left (I think); Scarlets do not have a sugar daddy to my knowledge).

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:56 pm

Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:

Alright mr pedantic! Rich as f*ck and willing to burn a lot of it in the name of Cardiff Blues.

Multi-millionaire then. Which, I think I'm right in saying, none of the other regions have in the same capacity anymore (Brown at the Dragons not sticking money in; Ospreys money man left (I think); Scarlets do not have a sugar daddy to my knowledge).
Wow, that was called for wasn't it, and no, Ospreys money man has not left.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:59 pm

wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:

Cuddy used to be the money man I was on about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:08 pm

Feckin' ell!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:10 pm

Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:

This is the problem on here, people make statements when they know SFA, Mike Cuddy has never been, isn't and never will be the money man at the Ospreys, the owners are a company called Llandarcy Holdings of which Cuddy has no connection whatsoever the main shareholder is a man named Robert Davies, this company also owns Bridgend RFC, and Davies himself is a Director of Swansea City FC.
Now that is something you can believe.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:13 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Feckin' ell!

Which bit don't you agree with? Or to put it another way, Which regions should be doing better than the Blues and why?! What do they have that the Blues do not???

It's a backhanded compliment to be honest. I'd love the Dragons to be in the Blues' position (not league position though of course Wink ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:30 pm

wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:

This is the problem on here, people make statements when they know SFA, Mike Cuddy has never been, isn't and never will be the money man at the Ospreys, the owners are a company called Llandarcy Holdings of which Cuddy has no connection whatsoever the main shareholder is a man named Robert Davies, this company also owns Bridgend RFC, and Davies himself is a Director of Swansea City FC.

Unreal.

Cuddy in Walesonline: “While I am standing down as Joint MD, I will continue to be heavily involved as a director and significant shareholder in both the Ospreys and in Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) Ltd, the holding company, as well as continuing to sponsor the club"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ospreys-chief-mike-cuddy-insists-2020024

Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) Ltd is the name of the company. Cuddy is still listed as a director. Looks like Davies left in 2011 (as a director anyway). Couldn't find any company called Llandarcy Holdings.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05856104/LLANDARCY-PARK-OSPREYS-LIMITED/directors-secretaries

A recent(ish) article naming Landarcy Park (Ospreys) Limited as the holding company (Feb 2015).

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Ospreys-directors-announce-decision-stand/story-26047558-detail/story.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 8:51 am

Wayne?

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm

Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:
wayne wrote:

Unreal.

Cuddy in Walesonline: “While I am standing down as Joint MD, I will continue to be heavily involved as a director and significant shareholder in both the Ospreys and in Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) Ltd, the holding company, as well as continuing to sponsor the club"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ospreys-chief-mike-cuddy-insists-2020024

Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) Ltd is the name of the company. Cuddy is still listed as a director. Looks like Davies left in 2011 (as a director anyway). Couldn't find any company called Llandarcy Holdings.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05856104/LLANDARCY-PARK-OSPREYS-LIMITED/directors-secretaries

A recent(ish) article naming Landarcy Park (Ospreys) Limited as the holding company (Feb 2015).

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Ospreys-directors-announce-decision-stand/story-26047558-detail/story.html
Let me just start with, I sent Griff a PM earlier this evening, and he had the good grace to answer in a tone I didn't deserve, unlike another poster who hasn't done the same. This is not the first time this other poster has taken this stance
I got the holding company of the Ospreys WRONG, as he has shown Cuddy is still a Director, just not Joint Managing Director which is an on the job day to day. He also has shown with one of the above links that Robert Davies is not now on the present day board of the Ospreys Parent Company.
I apologised to Griff in the PM and although he told me I didn't need to, I believe he deserves one online.
Let me end with, many people make mistakes on here, yet very few admit to them and do the honourable thing, I'm not of that ilk.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm

No worries Wayne. Good of you to respond and apologise, although as I said I just googled a few things so can't claim to have known them as fact beforehand.

Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:14 pm

Griff wrote:No worries Wayne. Good of you to respond and apologise, although as I said I just googled a few things so can't claim to have known them as fact beforehand.

Hug

But at least you don't know SFA anymore. A good learning experience all round. Lovely stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:01 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Feckin' ell!

Which bit don't you agree with? Or to put it another way, Which regions should be doing better than the Blues and why?! What do they have that the Blues do not???

It's a backhanded compliment to be honest. I'd love the Dragons to be in the Blues' position (not league position though of course Wink ).

The WRU money is payment for doing stuff and I agree that the capital bunch should be doing better on the field, but consider what's been going on for years and years. Dodger, CCS and the identity crisis ie arse/elbow which still rumbles on it seems. I'm knackered out I think.

Cardiff Blues are in a "privileged position" - meh!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:02 pm

Also what's the news on CAP? Anyone know?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:08 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Also what's the news on CAP? Anyone know?

Well according to my father, they are the biggest club in the world. Is that news enough for you ? Laugh

On a serious note, when I was down there watching the Quins game talk an the terrace was that Leigh Halfpenny was going to be offered 400k a year to come home, WRU will give him 60% and Peter Thomas will pay the rest. So in our money the WRU will pay £240,000 a year and Peter Thomas will pay £160,000 a year.

Welcome home Leigh. 400,000 big ones to spend most of your time on the treatment table, cant be bad can it ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Well according to my father, they are the biggest club in the world. Is that news enough for you ? Laugh

On a serious note, when I was down there watching the Quins game talk an the terrace was that Leigh Halfpenny was going to be offered 400k a year to come home, WRU will give him 60% and Peter Thomas will pay the rest. So in our money the WRU will pay £240,000 a year and Peter Thomas will pay £160,000 a year.

Welcome home Leigh. 400,000 big ones to spend most of your time on the treatment table, cant be bad can it ?

Your Dad should be a mischief maker then and remind them coz I think they forgot.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:43 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Wonder if Wilson would have a say on 1/2p?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 7:44 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Feckin' ell!

The WRU money is payment for doing stuff and I agree that the capital bunch should be doing better on the field, but consider what's been going on for years and years. Dodger, CCS and the identity crisis ie arse/elbow which still rumbles on it seems. I'm knackered out I think.

We all get the same WRU payment. AND you've got a rich backer still willing to top up the coffers and splash the cash when he feels like it. The money men at the other regions (as far as I know) seem to have gone a bit 'miserly'. AND Cardiff is much more attractive place to live than, say, Newport. So yes, you have an advantage (not saying it's unfair, 'tis just life) in the current cutthroat world of pro rugby compared to the Dragons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 04 Dec 2015, 5:12 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Feckin' ell!

We all get the same WRU payment. AND you've got a rich backer still willing to top up the coffers and splash the cash when he feels like it. The money men at the other regions (as far as I know) seem to have gone a bit 'miserly'.  AND Cardiff is much more attractive place to live than, say, Newport. So yes, you have an advantage (not saying it's unfair, 'tis just life) in the current cutthroat world of pro rugby compared to the Dragons.

Can't really comment as i've only lived in Cardiff for less than 3 years in total and i'm sure there are nice areas in Newport as there are in the capital.
Also as you must know, the bloos had eventually developed quite a decent team way back in 2008/2009. Hoped it was going to be the foundation of something even better. Then everything began going pear shaped for one reason or another.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 04 Dec 2015, 5:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

What I meant was news about CAP, the ground itself ie are the bloos buying it to build a new fancy stadium?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:00 am

What is Turnbull still doing in the first team? I wonder if he was some of the dead weight to be cut next season? Awful player.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:05 am

"A big thank you to the children of Pontypridd Schools Underelevens team who attended tonight's Blues match. Your behaviour was excellent and you even gave the Blues some much needed luck."

See...not all people involved with Ponty are the scum of the earth and the disgusting disease of Welsh rugby Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:27 am

It was nice to hear the crowd screaming "Blues!"

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:It was nice to hear the crowd screaming "Blues!"
Well that's good. Only a dinosaur would still chant "Cardiff" therefore failing to embrace the fact that the Blues are a region and just some rebranded version of Cardiff RFC

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 05 Dec 2015, 6:18 am

Steffan wrote:Not all people involved with Ponty are the scum of the earth and the disgusting disease of Welsh rugby Smile

No one thinks they are. Headscratch What an odd thing to say.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:25 pm

Steffan wrote:
Well that's good. Only a dinosaur would still chant "Cardiff" therefore failing to embrace the fact that the Blues are a region and just some rebranded version of Cardiff RFC

Says the resident Pontasaurus. Very Happy
Hey, why not change the name from Arms Park to Jurassic Park?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:55 pm

The "crowd" being the blues supporters club?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:49 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Not sure - but the Cardiff Rfc supporters club weren't there in numbers Dai.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:05 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

D'you mean CRSC coz that's the only other one I know of. Difficult to spot a CRSC member btw.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 07 Dec 2015, 4:39 pm

Anyway, this might be a bit of good news:-

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/featured-post/24567/leigh-halfpenny-discusses-move-back-to-wales/

Peter Jackson reckons Cardiff Blues are in talks with Leigh Halfpenny.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:20 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

D'you mean CRSC coz that's the only other one I know of. Difficult to spot a CRSC member btw.

I thought I heard that, it was like a du du du du du du Blues! Surprised the militant Cardiff RFC types that I encounter on Twitter didn't try and smite them for having the audacity to refer to their beloved team by their own appendage!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:23 pm

As I said in the beginning, 14 posts all about an article in the Fail, why do people take any notice what is printed in that rag? mystifies me, a decent paper the SWEP has an article that the Scarlets have matched our offer and Scott has a decision to make. I would think he will stay with them, and our search goes on.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:47 am

Halfpenny will command a hefty wage if we resign him but unlike Roberts he has always turned up when he has played for us and has always gave his best. I do worry about his fragility though.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:22 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I thought I heard that, it was like a du du du du du du Blues! Surprised the militant Cardiff RFC types that I encounter on Twitter didn't try and smite them for having the audacity to refer to their beloved team by their own appendage!

Sounds catchy. Probably needs an Ole or two though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 08 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm

Coleman wrote:Halfpenny will command a hefty wage if we resign him but unlike Roberts he has always turned up when he has played for us and has always gave his best. I do worry about his fragility though.

Because he's bulked up too much? Has he lost some running speed as well d'you reckon or is it my imagination? Sure Rhys Williams lost a few mph when he piled on the pounds.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 08 Dec 2015, 7:04 pm

Hardly see him running for Wales so it's hard to judge his pace, but aye he does seem to be massive now. I think that could be part of why he gets injured so much. Warbs too.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 08 Dec 2015, 7:14 pm

Coleman wrote:Hardly see him running for Wales so it's hard to judge his pace, but aye he does seem to be massive now. I think that could be part of why he gets injured so much. Warbs too.

Agreed.
You inadvertantly jogged my memory. I mentioned the famous winning Tal Selley try against Munster at CAP somewhere on here recently. I'm sure I remember that it was Jamie Roberts who "off loaded" the decisive final pass. Doesn't off load for Wales much though which is a shame. Or was it Alfie? Long time ago now.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 08 Dec 2015, 7:21 pm

Coleman wrote:Hardly see him running for Wales so it's hard to judge his pace, but aye he does seem to be massive now. I think that could be part of why he gets injured so much. Warbs too.

Remember him running a lot more for us when he was lighter and on the wing with Ben Blair at FB.

Cardiff Blues:
Blair; Halfpenny, Shanklin, J Roberts, James; N Robinson, Spice; Jenkins, G Williams, Filise, Davies, Tito, Molitika, M Williams, Rush.

Replacements: G Thomas for Halfpenny (67), Sweeney for N Robinson (67), Rees for Spice (2), T Thomas for G Williams (61), Yapp for Filise (70), D Jones for Davies (65), A Powell for Molitika (58).

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next