The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015: A good year for boxing

5 posters

Go down

2015: A good year for boxing Empty 2015: A good year for boxing

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 17 Feb 2015, 3:58 pm

1664 was a good year for lager. Our friends at Kronenbourg tell us this. In other news New Amsterdam became New York but Mayweather and Pacquiao did not fight each other.

2014 was a good year for boxing. Our friend Eddie Hearn told us this. Two domestic super middleweights sold out Wembley stadium (albeit arguably to settle the no.2 spot in the division). But we missed out on a host of big fights, they main one being our aforementioned welterweight princes.

So, what does 2015 hold for us? I have to confess to being slightly worried about the amount of big fights we will see this year. We still have Mayweather and Pacquiao making eyes at each other without committing to a fight, nothing new there, however I feel the most damaging thing is the domino affect this mexican stand off is having.

Currently we have Floyd, Pacquaio, Khan, Cotto, Alvarez (to my knowledge, unless there has been progress with Kirkland that I'm unaware of), Bradley etc without a fight. All of these are waiting for the dust to settle on the Floyd Pac man no show before they can scramble to make something out of the ashes.

Apologies if this veers down a 'he's ducking him' direction but what fights do we think will actually be made this year?

Floyd Pac (do me a favour)
Cotto GGG
Khan Anyone
Quigg Frampton.

Could 2015 be a damp squib for matchmaking. It's only February but the signs don't look good.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

2015: A good year for boxing Empty Re: 2015: A good year for boxing

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Feb 2015, 4:22 pm

Mayweather v Pacman will be made this year............

Wlad v Fury.............Wlad vs a bigger guy.............Wow !!

Khan v Brook.............

Don't think Quigg - Frampo......will be made.

LSC v Frampton...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 17 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

I like the optimism Truss.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 17 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm

No way does LSC face anyone with a pulse. Golden Boy started negotiating with Rigo and LSC's people bought out his contract!

Frampton vs Quigg will definitely happen. Frampton's next fight after he deals with Avalos.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 17 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm

The Mijares fight has really stalled LSC, he won comfortably enough but for large parts he was made to look ponderous and despite being a tough little sod you'd have expected him to be hurt at some point but he wasn't. Mijares was a small super flyweight let alone junior featherweight so put LSC in with someone good and matching him size wise and that bubble is going to burst and GBP know it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 19 Feb 2015, 7:13 pm

I think they might be waiting for tonight's 'Who killed Lucy' episode of Eastenders to announce Mayweather Pacquaio.

Missed the Super Bowl boat and all.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:07 pm

GGG killed Lucy Beale after Manny and May ducked her.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down