The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

+19
RanjitPatel
AdamT
kingraf
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
Rowley
catchweight
John Bloody Wayne
Scottrf
Strongback
Hammersmith harrier
All Time Great
Pound-for-Pound
Dipper Brown
Atila
Derbymanc
milkyboy
owen10ozzy
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED - Page 4 Empty Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

So I haven't seen anything mentioned about this; but at 8pm GMT Floyd and Manny will go head to head in the only press conference featuring the pair between now and fight week. Both have foregone the usually contracted promotional tour which runs alongside PPV event's.

Do we think anyone will gain an edge at said press conference....will Floyd try to get under the skin of his foe as he has done in the past?

How will the trainers, Roach & Mayweather Sr approach it?

Is it right that the fighters aren't doing a city promotional tour, given the huge nature of the fight and the fact they are supposedly doing it for the fans?

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED - Page 4 Empty Re: Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

Post by horizontalhero Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:09 am

The price of the tickets is yet another example of the contempt shown by all parties involved to 'normal fans'. It will be worth £20 to watch on TV though.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED - Page 4 Empty Re: Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

Post by AdamT Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:14 am

Just hope there is an announcemt soon to see what station is broadcasting it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:19 am

horizontalhero wrote:The price of the tickets is yet another example of the contempt shown by all parties involved to 'normal fans'. It will be worth £20 to watch on TV though.

To be honest though HH, and I've made this point before, do you think that Floyd or Manny care about the normal fan? Of course they don't. There are other parties involved who are more to blame, those that are spending a shed load on hosting/promotion and so forth that want a ROI.

It's simple supply and demand. There will still be huge demand for even the lowest priced seats. The arena will still be sold out even with inflated ticket prices etc.

I don't feel sorry for football fans though. They could simply boycott over ticket pricing, yet they're desperate to go and chant racist/homophobic songs and generally act like degenerates of society. It's not like the grounds are always full either.

This is a one off mega event that will attract demand way above supply for tickets. The parties involved aren't charities - they're in business to make money. As such I don't have much sympathy.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:22 am

Generalising much there about football fans coxy?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:34 am

Rowley wrote:Generalising much there about football fans coxy?

It's sweeping-statement-Friday Rowley.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:37 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2992039/Sky-Sports-Frank-Warren-s-BoxNation-tight-battle-rights-broadcast-Floyd-Mayweather-vs-Manny-Pacquiao-UK.html

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2992039/Sky-Sports-Frank-Warren-s-BoxNation-tight-battle-rights-broadcast-Floyd-Mayweather-vs-Manny-Pacquiao-UK.html

As much as I hate Halling & Watt their coverage in general is far above the amateurs at boxNation. Don't see how FishEyedFwank has the money in the bank to bid for the rights either.

And by "innovative" does the DM really mean a money thieving, corrupt based scheme run by a most despised of despisable men?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
horizontalhero wrote:The price of the tickets is yet another example of the contempt shown by all parties involved to 'normal fans'. It will be worth £20 to watch on TV though.

To be honest though HH, and I've made this point before, do you think that Floyd or Manny care about the normal fan? Of course they don't. There are other parties involved who are more to blame, those that are spending a shed load on hosting/promotion and so forth that want a ROI.

It's simple supply and demand. There will still be huge demand for even the lowest priced seats. The arena will still be sold out even with inflated ticket prices etc.

I don't feel sorry for football fans though. They could simply boycott over ticket pricing, yet they're desperate to go and chant racist/homophobic songs and generally act like degenerates of society. It's not like the grounds are always full either.

This is a one off mega event that will attract demand way above supply for tickets. The parties involved aren't charities - they're in business to make money. As such I don't have much sympathy.

I agree with what you are say Coxy, and yes in purely economic terms it is about supply and demand, but it's also about sheer greed- they could practically give away the tickets and still end up with this being the most lucrative fight ever.
With regards to football- it wasn't the fans that sold the rights to sky- nor was it their fault that football is the biggest reason for people buy sky, so it's not their fault that sky keep having to buy the rights for more ansd more money, and then this money goes pretty much straight to the players, whose wages become so inflated that ticket prices have to be increased to meet the short fall. Before the advent of sky an average player in the first div earned about the same as a headmaster of a large comprehensive, or a doctor, and tickets to games where affordable. Murdoch needed a vehicle to flog satellite dishes and the rest is history. And we don't all sing racist and honphobic chants.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:46 pm

The fans didn't sell the rights to Sky, but they provide the capital. As long as people pay £100+ for Sky packages, it's not going to change.

I actually think that it probably keeps ticket prices down. There is pressure to fill stadiums to make the package more attractive to TV audiences.

Ticket prices aren't extortionate because of player wages. Players earn more than full premiership rugby teams, yet ticket prices are similar, probably higher in rugby.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:02 pm

The Premiership and TV killed off a part of football. Before that upper class clowns like Boris Johnson would not have been seen dead supporting a football team.  The way football was marketed and broadcast changed everything and the grass roots got priced out.

I remember going to sit in the Stretford End at Old Trafford thinking there might be a bit of argie bargie only to find everybody there was over 50 and looked like an accountant.  

The Emirites is like being in a morgue.  

Culture always gets sh1t on when the sh1tehawks start circling.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Strongback wrote:  

That's inspirational stuff. I might have that tattooed on my inner forearm.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

It's in Vegas, the seats could be a quid but most English people would still priced out the market.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Strongback wrote:The Premiership and TV killed off a part of football. Before that upper class clowns like Boris Johnson would not have been seen dead supporting a football team.  The way football was marketed and broadcast changed everything and the grass roots got priced out.

I remember going to sit in the Stretford End at Old Trafford thinking there might be a bit of argie bargie only to find everybody there was over 50 and looked like an accountant.  

If you don't like the lack of atmosphere at the Emirites I suggest you try the nearby stadium of the true North London side- a far superior outfit in every way (well, except for our results, league postion, and content of out trpohy cabinet...)

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:41 pm

horizontalhero wrote:
Strongback wrote:The Premiership and TV killed off a part of football. Before that upper class clowns like Boris Johnson would not have been seen dead supporting a football team.  The way football was marketed and broadcast changed everything and the grass roots got priced out.

If you don't like the lack of atmosphere at the Emirites I suggest you try the nearby stadium of the true North London side- a far superior outfit in every way (well, except for our results, league postion, and content of out trpohy cabinet...)

Saracens? Proper sport played by proper men watched by proper people of society? Where you don't get ripped off for a day out watching them play at home or away? A sport where you can mingle with opposition fans inside and outside the ground in a wonderful atmosphere without a policeman in sight and there being no fear of some oikball fan starting a fight because you have the team you supports colours on?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Saracens, wonderful atmosphere? Have to give away tickets so it's not empty and play music over the loadspeakers so it's not silent. Complete plastic fans.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Couldn't have picked a worse club to pick really Coxy, they along with Quins have the worst fans in Rugby, new age clubs built on money just like the Football teams.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Was football the only sport you weren't any good at coxy?

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:29 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:Was football the only sport you weren't any good at coxy?

It's all relative, when he says not very good he still had offers of contracts by lower level premier league clubs.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
horizontalhero wrote:

Saracens? Proper sport played by proper men watched by proper people of society? Where you don't get ripped off for a day out watching them play at home or away? A sport where you can mingle with opposition fans inside and outside the ground in a wonderful atmosphere without a policeman in sight and there being no fear of some oikball fan starting a fight because you have the team you supports colours on?

You'd want to have been in Lansdowne Rd a few week ago for the last international. Smashing atmosphere.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:27 pm

The Aviva was built specifically with the acoustics in mind as are most Rugby stadiums in fairness, a lot of the big football grounds are the wrong shape and a bit square so the noise dulls. Is more noise in general at a Rugby international though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 am

Sarries was used as an atmosphere example, not for noise levels but more the feeling of safety you don't get at football matches.. That both sets of supporters will mingle and have fun. Been to both football and rugby internationals and can hand on heart say the pre game atmosphere, build up, anthems and atmospheres during the game were superior in every way at rugby.

And no, I was pretty average at football and not exactly pushing for the pro ranks at rugby.

Wonder where the guy is who threatened to break my legs if I tackled him again, such a lovely chap. And the oikballer who took a crap in the refs kit bag after being sent off. Could go on, such lovely people.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:34 am

What did you get sent off for?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:51 am

Scottrf wrote:What did you get sent off for?

Only ever been sent off at rugby old boy. And that was for punching someone, then bought each other a beer afterwards.

Looking forwards to the lunatic that is Jim Hamilton getting sent off later on and us winning by 20 Smile

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:01 am

Doesn't matter, you'll bottle it to us at the playoff stages again anyway.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:11 am

Was talking about England Scott...

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:36 am

Good point.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:39 am

I'm going for a 30 point margin, the sky outside could be Scotlands only saving grace but they're going to get mashed at the scrum, breakdown and with Lawes back the line out will work like clockwork again.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:43 am

Hope so, Hartley is turning into Youngs with his completion rate. Should be better with the club partnership, Lawes is a huge player for us. Wouldn't like to be Russell today.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:51 am

Need Tuilagi back, just don't have a direct running option to suck players in. Twelvetrees is only there as a backup kicker, not sure I've ever seen him break the gain line.

Not sure about 30, handicap at 16s is good value.

On a boxing note, as Rowley will be in full frothing mode, am looking forwards to Kov vs Pascal. Potential for this to be a right old tear up.

Good weekend of sport with F1, boxing and 6N

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4