The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

+19
RanjitPatel
AdamT
kingraf
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
Rowley
catchweight
John Bloody Wayne
Scottrf
Strongback
Hammersmith harrier
All Time Great
Pound-for-Pound
Dipper Brown
Atila
Derbymanc
milkyboy
owen10ozzy
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED - Page 2 Empty Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

So I haven't seen anything mentioned about this; but at 8pm GMT Floyd and Manny will go head to head in the only press conference featuring the pair between now and fight week. Both have foregone the usually contracted promotional tour which runs alongside PPV event's.

Do we think anyone will gain an edge at said press conference....will Floyd try to get under the skin of his foe as he has done in the past?

How will the trainers, Roach & Mayweather Sr approach it?

Is it right that the fighters aren't doing a city promotional tour, given the huge nature of the fight and the fact they are supposedly doing it for the fans?

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:43 am

owen10ozzy wrote:So you genuinely think that 35,000 for tickets is a sensible pricing strategy in order to not marginalise the sport and cut out the fans of it?
I didn't say that. I think the promoter's responsibilities are to his boxers though, not to provide cheap ticketing to the public.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd vs Pacman; The One & ONLY Press Conference before Fight Week LINK INCLUDED

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:44 am

You are being very naive here Owen, it's supply and demand, nothing more than, they can sell the tickets at a high price so they will.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:54 am

I accuse Strongy of doing this...but it is apt to reference him given the circumstances...

Hearn gets absolutely slammed for putting fights on PPV, not just Clev vs Bellew....because he was also berated by a fair few on here when Groves vs Froch I was announced as PPV...

Yet because it's Mayweather vs Pacman it's ok to con the general paying public. No it's not. If Hearn deserves to be slated for putting fights on PPV then all those involved in this fight deserve just as much stick for the ridiculous prices associated with tickets, PPV and closed circuit tv.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:55 am

The rule of thumb applies. Name your price; and if they pay, you were right.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:55 am

If you found that uncomfortable, just imagine if team mayweather had let floyd senior speak. Maybe the only thing they got right about the presser

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:58 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You are being very naive here Owen, it's supply and demand, nothing more than, they can sell the tickets at a high price so they will.

And if there was such a demand for tickets, at these prices, then they would be selling like hot cakes across various secondary ticket selling platforms. All signs point to that not being the case!

They can sell the tickets but only to celebs who want to be seen at 'the event of the century for boxing'. I don't think you will see more than a handful of 'ordinary' every day fight fans within the MGM grand come fight night...and for the legacy of the sport and the image of it, it's both frightening and deplorable.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Con? Please explain.

I think a lot of the criticism towards Hearn was because of how vocally he was anti-PPV when he first started out. Then he puts a very average fight on PPV.

You're welcome to criticize them for being overpriced, but this fight wouldn't happen without being too expensive to a lot of people.

As for your comment about them not being on reselling sites, which means there isn't demand. How about we revisit that when they announce the live gate figures?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Who will show this fight? Box nation?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:10 pm

There may be a demand to see the fight from the general public, but they aren't satisfying that demand because the vast majority can't afford it. Have you seen the prices? You only need to look on twitter etc to see people have turned there nose up at it.

Just because HBO and all parties come out and tell me 'oh the gate was the biggest in history at $40 million etc' doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. It will approach that figure because there selling tickets to Denzel Washington and the likes for $35,000 and more a pop. Sell tickets to 500 celebs at that price and of course your going to start shattering records. Doesn't make it right.

And regards Hearn and his being vocally against PPV; again no different to Arum, Mayweather, Pacman, Showtime etc all saying 'this is a fight the fans demanded...the one they wanted, a once in a lifetime experience...one to thrust boxing into the mainstream' and then doing everything to marginalise it and make it almost inaccessible for said fans.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:14 pm

I want a Ferrari for £20k, if I start moaning on Twitter, do you think Ferrari should reduce the price?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:15 pm

You are completely missing the point and you are making no sense with the comments you're making, like I said you're taking such a naive view on things I have to question your common sense.

Denzel Washington is willing to pay $35,000 for a ticket but we won't sell him a ticket at that price because not everyone can, we'll cut the prices and therefore our prices to appease those who aren't our target audience.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm

All that would happen if they sold them at an 'accessible' price anyway is that those people you're trying to please sell them on and make the profit themselves. There is a limit to the amount of people that can go, it's natural to raise the price.

Why is the responsibility of the promoters to the people that can't afford the prices, not to provide more money for the people who are employing them?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:19 pm

7 bottles of water have been sold for over $1000 online before; clearly a demand for it...so it's fine for all companies to charge $1000 for a bottle of water from now on is it?

Sell your tickets to Denzel for $35,000....but make some of the tickets accessible to the everyday joe. I'm not saying slash tickets to $20...but the cheapest half decent seat (and thats being polite) is north of $9,000!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:21 pm

And again...talk of them doing what's best for the people who employ them; in essence make as much money for them as possible by any means....is all well and good but lets see if that's the line you or others trott out when Coyle vs Campbell is made on PPV (because there will be a demand for that fight...so it's fine to do so)...

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:21 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:7 bottles of water have been sold for over $1000 online before; clearly a demand for it...so it's fine for all companies to charge $1000 for a bottle of water from now on is it?

Sell your tickets to Denzel for $35,000....but make some of the tickets accessible to the everyday joe. I'm not saying slash tickets to $20...but the cheapest half decent seat (and thats being polite) is north of $9,000!
Sure. The market will decide if it's a good idea. Nobody is forced to pay it.

You realise tickets aren't even on sale yet? Might be why you are struggling to find them, not lack of demand as you call it. So the prices you are quoting are from resellers, which actually suggests the prices are expected to be too low.

Tickets are actually priced $1,500 to $7,000.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:29 pm

If you can link me to a site selling them at that be my guest....

http://www.goeventtickets.com/boxing-tickets/mayweather-v-pacquiao-tickets/5771/mayweather-v-pacquiao-tickets.gtix?gclid=CjwKEAjw8oSoBRCss4qDrP3Y7yUSJACKumZ9CjEY2yDcU8EPnCVi9IjDxlQkBcGjZqYpZWUgSOE00RoCngnw_wcB

http://www.ticketnetwork.com/tix/floyd-mayweather-jr-vs-manny-pacquiao-05-02-2015-tickets-2466390.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjw8oSoBRCss4qDrP3Y7yUSJACKumZ9pvJ_L7kuILbo19pKK6D9aRg0m3Cb-bHK802wUUUVdRoCXM3w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.touchlinetickets.com/boxing-tickets/floyd-mayweather-tickets/13792/floyd-mayweather-jr-vs-manny-pacquiao-tickets/floyd-mayweather-jr-vs-manny-pacquiao-mgm-grand-garden-arena-las-vegas-saturday-may-02-2015-tickets.htm

Cheapest on any of those is the last one at $2444.76...and you have to buy two! Oh and they are for Upper End Corner seats...i.e. as far back as you can go right in the corner with an appalling view of the ring!

A decent view; something you would surely want given it's fight of the century...your looking at Zone C..couple of areas within Zone D...for that your talking £10,500!

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:30 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:If you can link me to a site selling them at that be my guest....
Did you read the post?

They are not on sale yet. All the links you are posting are from resellers, who don't have tickets.

I posted the official price range. So you're complaining about the wrong thing.

Last edited by Scottrf on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:30 pm

There is no comparison between Cleverly Bellew and Mayweather Pacquaio so please stop using it.

Mayweather v Pacquaio is a ppv fight and probably is the definition of a fight that should be on ppv. Cleverly Bellew should never have been anywhere near a ppv.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Resellers....those who are given a set amount of tickets to sell in advance by the MGM grand itself! You are aware that's how it works? Having been through the process of buying tickets to see a fight in Vegas I am..!

Official price range my ar*e...if you think you will find a ticket..any ticket, for $1,500 your more naive than I apparently am!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:37 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Resellers....those who are given a set amount of tickets to sell in advance by the MGM grand itself! You are aware that's how it works? Having been through the process of buying tickets to see a fight in Vegas I am..!

Official price range my ar*e...if you think you will find a ticket..any ticket, for $1,500 your more naive than I apparently am!
Well, they are likely bought by bots as they go on sale, but that's really a separate issue. If you want a legal debate about ticket selling you should.

Otherwise you're not really complaining about the pricing structure, but about free market supply and demand. It makes no sense.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Isn't $1500 Still a hell of a lot of money for the average boxing fan though?

Also noones answered the question of
If Hearn is against the fans by putting Clev/Bellew on PPV for 17 quid (I think) why is it okay fro Arum and Co to put on a fight that (the regular fan deserves) and charge a minimum of 1500 that the regular fan most probably can't afford?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 pm

So what your saying is...when ticket prices officially go on sale at MGM grand...you think you will be able to purchase one for $1,500....

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Isn't $1500 Still a hell of a lot of money for the average boxing fan though?

Also noones answered the question of
If Hearn is against the fans by putting Clev/Bellew on PPV for 17 quid (I think) why is it okay fro Arum and Co to put on a fight that (the regular fan deserves) and charge a minimum of 1500 that the regular fan most probably can't afford?
You're assuming that the same people take opposite stances on those two issues. It's probably different people.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:So what your saying is...when ticket prices officially go on sale at MGM grand...you think you will be able to purchase one for $1,500....
I don't know if you think making statements for other people makes your opinions sound better, but it doesn't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:So what your saying is...when ticket prices officially go on sale at MGM grand...you think you will be able to purchase one for $1,500....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/02/24/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-ticket-pricing-goes-berserk/

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:48 pm

I think a lot of boxing fans would pay $1500 to see a fight of this magnitude. It's a once in a lifetime deal.

Lots of promoters of music event and boxing tell lies about how quickly their events sell out. It seems that when people believe they can't get ticket they want one even more.

I'm sure some tickets will be available nearer to the fight that will be close to face value.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Nope it most definitely is the same people in a lot of cases; in fact...be good to keep this topic near the top of the thread (or any that is created regards ticket prices when they go on sale)...and see who is full of irony the next time Hearn or Warren or whoever else does something deemed to be 's*it*i*g on the fans'!

And Scott it what was a question directed to you...since your the one talking about the disparity between official prices and those on reselling sites. The way you have worded things....it seems your saying that you believe the only reason prices are that high is because they are secondary sourced prices...so by that logic, when they go on sale through the MGM you believe they will be available at $1,500 ...the price quoted by Ellerbe yesterday?

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Strongback wrote:I think a lot of boxing fans would pay $1500 to see a fight of this magnitude.  It's a once in a lifetime deal.

Lots of promoters of music event and boxing tell lies about how quickly their events sell out.  It seems that when people believe they can't get  ticket they want one even more.

I'm sure some tickets will be available nearer to the fight that will be close to face value.

I'd agree with this Strongy (shock horror I know) if there was enough time for the average fan to save up for this event. IF you can get a ticket, you've then got to find the money for accomodation, travel etc.

So I think it's pretty unreasonable to spout off how this fight is for the fans and then charge that amount of money. (This is aimed at the promoters, not any poster on here)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:57 pm

It's for the fans to watch. It's not anyone's divine right to attend.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:58 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:And Scott it what was a question directed to you...since your the one talking about the disparity between official prices and those on reselling sites. The way you have worded things....it seems your saying that you believe the only reason prices are that high is because they are secondary sourced prices...so by that logic, when they go on sale through the MGM you believe they will be available at $1,500 ...the price quoted by Ellerbe yesterday?
Yes. I couldn't get Froch-Groves tickets. It didn't mean that they didn't go on sale.

You seem to be annoyed at availability, not pricing?

Last edited by Scottrf on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Mayweather fighting Pacquiao will make massive money regardless of the 'fans', it's a loose term anyway and is an assumption that the target audience is you or I which it is not. Celebrities are still 'fans' and it is they who are the target audience and when that TA has an inflated bank balance you will end up with higher ticket prices, it's common sense.

Hearn and Warren for example are highly unlikely to be putting on a fight of that significance and the success of their cards relies on the every day fans buying tickets, paying for PPV etc. Froch/Groves with a crowd of 80,000 and 1 million PPV buys had an income of approximately £25mil so straight away you can see we're talking about two fights on a completely different level.

You cannot compare an international extravaganza to what was a glorified domestic dust up, the rules are very different and there will be no irony because there is no comparison Owen.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Scottrf wrote:It's for the fans to watch. It's not anyone's divine right to attend.

So it's fine for them to charge what they want, for Hearn or any promoter to stick what they want on PPV, when they want and basically stick 2 fingers up to the fans that keep them on the air.

Cracking attitude that Scott, hope your never in charge of anything I enjoy.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

It's not just promoters either; I should state my dismay isn't just with those. The event as a whole is just everyone pocketing as much as they can. Hotel prices on the strip are already approaching almost 200% more than any other normal weekend. 200%!!

Factor in flights, spending money as well. Your looking at $15,000 probably more for couple nights and a ticket.

Now obviously people are going to say, well that's just everyone making a profit, making as much money for themselves. But me coming on and stating my opinion on it and saying it isn't right is no different to anyone slating gas and electric companies, oil companies, bankers etc etc for doing the exact same..and lets face it I guarantee everyone on here has at some point done that.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Scottrf wrote:It's for the fans to watch. It's not anyone's divine right to attend.

In all fairness though Scott a sport hardly flourishes and grows if attending in person becomes beyond the reach of anyone but the pretty wealthy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Derbymanc wrote:

So it's fine for them to charge what they want, for Hearn or any promoter to stick what they want on PPV, when they want and basically stick 2 fingers up to the fans that keep them on the air.

Cracking attitude that Scott, hope your never in charge of anything I enjoy.
Instead of making $25m, $30m in gate receipts, you want them to make $2m so 'normal' fans can afford them? Would you? The fight wouldn't happen. The same number of people can attend anyway, people will miss out.

You realise that already a lot of the tickets will be resold at a profit. You want these resellers to make the profit rather than the boxers, arena owners, promoters etc?

You're not living in the real world. The tickets would be sold for huge amounts whatever they priced them at.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Rowley wrote:

In all fairness though Scott a sport hardly flourishes and grows if attending in person becomes beyond the reach of anyone but the pretty wealthy.
No, but this is a one off mega fight. Nobody is arguing that we should charge thousands to watch up and coming prospects.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 pm

I wonder who here has sold a car, house etc for less than it's worth so that people who are less well off can afford it.

Somehow it's OK to spend other people's money though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 pm

There's a number of different ways to combat this Scott, your not living in the real world if you don't realise it.

-Hold it at a bigger venue (stadiums all over the show)
- Sell a limited number of tickets at a reduced rate, (Police the bigger second hand sites etc,)
- The gate would only be peanuts if EVERY ticket was sold at a reduced rate,

Etc Etc,

There's never going to be a perfect way to do it and someone is always gonna be unhappy. but don't spout off about this being for the fans when your pricing them out of it (even 100 dollars for the PPV is a hell of a lot for an average family)

This is a sport you plum, Man United could sell their tickets at 100 quid+ a game and still sell them all, they don't because they want the normal fans to be able to attend, thereby building the fan base for the future)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:10 pm

I've already addressed the venue one.
Selling tickets at a reduced rate - $1,500 is a reduced rate for this fight. They would fetch a lot more on the open market.
I don't think they have a moral responsibility to sell anything at a reduced rate. It's a business.

If you're so concerned about the words a promoter uses you probably shouldn't listen to them.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:13 pm

No you haven't, you've come up with a flimsy excuse as to why they can't hold it elsewhere. BUT using your logic they could make a LOT more money having a stadium fight and beaming it back to certain venues who can then charge a fortune for people to attend as well.

Remember to never say a bad word about a promoter again then, as 'you just can't trust them'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:14 pm

It's not a flimsy excuse. It's a rock solid one which the professionals agree with.

If they want to make less money, I'm sure they'll consult you.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:15 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Mayweather fighting Pacquiao will make massive money regardless of the 'fans', it's a loose term anyway and is an assumption that the target audience is you or I which it is not. Celebrities are still 'fans' and it is they who are the target audience and when that TA has an inflated bank balance you will end up with higher ticket prices, it's common sense.

Hearn and Warren for example are highly unlikely to be putting on a fight of that significance and the success of their cards relies on the every day fans buying tickets, paying for PPV etc. Froch/Groves with a crowd of 80,000 and 1 million PPV buys had an income of approximately £25mil so straight away you can see we're talking about two fights on a completely different level.

You cannot compare an international extravaganza to what was a glorified domestic dust up, the rules are very different and there will be no irony because there is no comparison Owen.

This attitude I don't get....

If anything a fight of this magnitude owes more to the sport than a domestic dust up. If either have a duty to showcase the sport in it's best possible light it's the so called biggest fight of the generation. Yet because it is just that people seem to be off the impression the rule book can be torn up...they can charge what they like...present it how they like because it will sell regardless. That's such a poor attitude to take in my book...and one that in the long term doesn't help the sport at all.

Frazier vs Ali is still spoken about today, not because of the size of the fights but because the way they were presented, the mass audience it received...the way in which it was promoted and the way in which even those who weren't wealthy were able to enjoy the build up and attend the fight.

Away from the talk of legacy of the boxers involved in this match up I don't think it will be spoken about or seen as the spectacle that it should be..and that for me is a sorry state of affairs and explains why boxing has gone to the dogs.

An Scott your talking guff regards ticket prices; it's done at all sporting events worlwide..you sell the premium seats at premium prices...that's where you offset the costs of reduced rates elsewhere. And don't for one second suggest reduced rates is $5000 because it's simply not.

Easy way to put it...500 ringside/close proximity seats sell for 35,000 each...= $17.5 mil already made...

Your telling me that you can't then ensure at least 2000 tickets go on sale at $1000-$1500 quid? Give over! And I will keep saying it till I am blue in the face...you are not going to find a ticket for $1500!! There isn't a chance that even on general sale they are going to go as low as that!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Derbymanc wrote:There's a number of different ways to combat this Scott, your not living in the real world if you don't realise it.

- Sell a limited number of tickets at a reduced rate, (Police the bigger second hand sites etc,)

Etc Etc,

There's never going to be a perfect way to do it and someone is always gonna be unhappy. but don't spout off about this being for the fans when your pricing them out of it (even 100 dollars for the PPV is a hell of a lot for an average family)

This is a sport you plum, Man United could sell their tickets at 100 quid+ a game and still sell them all, they don't because they want the normal fans to be able to attend, thereby building the fan base for the future)

Why can't you get your head around this being a once in a lifetime fight that doesn't follow the normal rules of how a fight should be priced?

None of your suggestions are realistic or feasible, they would be reducing their PROFITS by doing just one of them and why would any businessmen do such a thing, it's idiocy of the highest order.

If you think Manchester United care about the 'normal fans' then you're more naive than I thought, they sell the tickets for what they're worth and if they upped the price then the sales would go down. Again as a business they want to maximise the money they can earn and what on earth is a 'normal fan' anyway?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Scottrf wrote:It's not a flimsy excuse. It's a rock solid one which the professionals agree with.

If they want to make less money, I'm sure they'll consult you.

Not really, Neither fighter will get more than 20 quid off me and I'm hoping (against hope I admit,) that this is a big failure as it sets a bad precedent for future big fights, be it over here, over there or in outer Mongolia.

As we're both sticking to our guns Scotty boy, think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Yeah United is a strange choice as an example when they force season ticket holders to buy tickets to a cup replay, or else the ticket they have already paid for will be invalid.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:I accuse Strongy of doing this...but it is apt to reference him given the circumstances...

Hearn gets absolutely slammed for putting fights on PPV, not just Clev vs Bellew....because he was also berated by a fair few on here when Groves vs Froch I was announced as PPV...

Yet because it's Mayweather vs Pacman it's ok to con the general paying public. No it's not. If Hearn deserves to be slated for putting fights on PPV then all those involved in this fight deserve just as much stick for the ridiculous prices associated with tickets, PPV and closed circuit tv.

You're very naive..............If Hearn could have got a higher price for his PPV he would have..

Boxing is a business..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:There's a number of different ways to combat this Scott, your not living in the real world if you don't realise it.

Etc Etc,

Why can't you get your head around this being a once in a lifetime fight that doesn't follow the normal rules of how a fight should be priced?

None of your suggestions are realistic or feasible, they would be reducing their PROFITS by doing just one of them and why would any businessmen do such a thing, it's idiocy of the highest order.

If you think Manchester United care about the 'normal fans' then you're more naive than I thought, they sell the tickets for what they're worth and if they upped the price then the sales would go down. Again as a business they want to maximise the money they can earn and what on earth is a 'normal fan' anyway?

Explain why they're not realistic or feasible then?

Yes of course one of the biggest teams with the biggest fan clubs wouldn't be able to sell tickets Laugh

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Derbymanc wrote:No you haven't, you've come up with a flimsy excuse as to why they can't hold it elsewhere. BUT using your logic they could make a LOT more money having a stadium fight and beaming it back to certain venues who can then charge a fortune for people to attend as well.

Remember to never say a bad word about a promoter again then, as 'you just can't trust them'

A bigger arena means less exclusivity at which point those willing to spend $35,000 on a ticket are suddenly less willing to spend that money, less tickets means exponentially higher prices and you can't ignore the draw of the casinos.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Scottrf wrote:Yeah United is a strange choice as an example when they force season ticket holders to buy tickets to a cup replay, or else the ticket they have already paid for will be invalid.

Look further into it and you'll see that it's been something done for ages and realistically nothing happens (Coming from a family of season ticket holders (not me 'spit') that go to none of the cup games)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Etc Etc,

Explain why they're not realistic or feasible then?

Yes of course one of the biggest teams with the biggest fan clubs wouldn't be able to sell tickets Laugh

You can laugh all you want but your opinion on this is baffling, if Manchester United could sell their tickets for more then they would, do you honestly think they care about fans who don't give them any money?

Also over 95% of that fanbase is based overseas so do you need me to explain infeasibility of why they don't affect ticket prices?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next