The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
Eyetoldyouso
Nay
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
pedro
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
hend085
barragan
mystiroakey
SmithersJones
Bob_the_Job
lorus59
Mad for Chelsea
MontysMerkin
JAS
puligny
kwinigolfer
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
super_realist
raycastleunited
beninho
Davie
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
31 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Super

I saw the first two sets and a bit, then went out to get dinner. Wish I had stuck around to watch it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 11 Apr 2015, 6:25 pm

And: About the North-East: Not surprising Diggers is keeping his head down with these recent Sunderland catastrophes.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 13 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

There was something on the BBC (TV, so not sure if you can get at it - I think MOTD2 Extra) over the weekend on Newcastle NBS. The experts/pundits/whatever you want to call them were saying something about the structure for the "manager" would be that he'd (or she Mac!) :

Would have little or no input on player recruitment;
Would have little interaction up the chain with the executive; and,
Would even be restricted on the topics allowed to be discussed with the media.

They surmised that with such a defined/restricted role there would be very few named/big "managers" wanting to be there, effectively being little more than just (?!?) a first team coach.

If (and I don't know if that's true or not!) that is the case, I'd guess it might be attractive to some up and coming coaches that might go there short term as a stepping post, which might not help the club longer term. Sounds like a recipe for mid table obscurity to me, which might be what Ashley is happy with (and the resulting £$€ of course if they keep buying cheap and making money on players too).

Last edited by Roller_Coaster on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meant to reply to NBS)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 13 Apr 2015, 9:52 am

navyblueshorts wrote:A rhetorical question about Newcastle United: what's so bad up there that Alan Pardew, who'd done OK there, voluntarily leaves (presumably w/o a payoff from being sacked) to go to Crystal Palace (who're in deep scheiss) and promptly makes Palace look like superstars? Wonder how they feel up there on the Tyne? Laugh

Feeling good are we Mysti  Bubbly ? Good to see you around again btw...

Cheers Navy Wink

The guys a palace legend and back home(he lives opposite my Mother). The rumours were that he was always going to manage palace at some point. However we didn't realise it would be that soon and just in time to save us. The owners have done a great job both years in picking a manager up before the jan transfer deadline . They have had the hindsight and nouse to do so just in time to save us twice.

Palace have some very passionate ,motivated and relatively skillful players- but when you have managers like holoway or warnock there is only so much they can do(those managers are way below PL standard)

I can see Pardew staying here for a very long time as he seems settled in life and career, which would be ideal for us.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 13 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:A rhetorical question about Newcastle United: what's so bad up there that Alan Pardew, who'd done OK there, voluntarily leaves (presumably w/o a payoff from being sacked) to go to Crystal Palace (who're in deep scheiss) and promptly makes Palace look like superstars? Wonder how they feel up there on the Tyne? Laugh

Feeling good are we Mysti  Bubbly ? Good to see you around again btw...

Mike Ashley??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 14 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm

Wasn't Gareth Bale great as Cornelius in 'Planet of the Apes'?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 15 Apr 2015, 8:22 am

pedro wrote:Wasn't Gareth Bale great as Cornelius in 'Planet of the Apes'?
I shouldn't but.... Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 15 Apr 2015, 9:32 am

Can football be any better then when your team score a 102nd minute penalty to win, and keep you in the top 3, with 3 games to go! Need Kwinis Pompey boys to play up next week and beat Bury

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 15 Apr 2015, 1:20 pm

Pompey can't beat a drum right now. But hopefully we'll do the business at the weekend for you.
Are you from HW ben? Used to go there, the town, a lot when a young lad living close by, not the Wanderers though, think they were in the Isthmian League at the time.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 15 Apr 2015, 2:28 pm

I'm not from Wycombe, but I am from Uxbridge area, which is junction one on the M40. When i was about 13 i wanted a club to go and watch, and we realised Wycombe was pretty close, could make it on trains, and only 20 minutes in the car when able to get a lift! And they had Martin O'Neill at the time, and looked to be going places. Unfortunately they have been pretty consistently rubbish since then, but one FA cup semi and One League Cup semi, is better then a lot of clubs.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 15 Apr 2015, 2:52 pm

!! Used to play cricket at Uxbridge when I played for Ickenham CC, just down the road.
But in an even earlier life lived just through the fields, about five miles as the crow flies and pedals sped, from HW - in normal circumstances (if hadn't moved again!) would have gone to the RGS, just like Lukey!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 15 Apr 2015, 6:01 pm

You played for ickenham. That's where I grew up. I said uxbridge as it's a bit better known! Went to school in ickenham primary and secondary. Played some kid cricket at ickenham aswell but not for long. I then moved to uxbridge now in eastcote. Small world.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 15 Apr 2015, 6:56 pm

ben,
I only lived there for a year, but loved the cricket club and played there from about '66 to '71. Nice place, nice people.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 15 Apr 2015, 10:22 pm

I used to play cricket against Ickenham and Eastcote. I remember in U17s we were batting and cruising to victory so we did a ouija board in the Eastcote pavilion. It's haunted now. ghost ghost

(I've been wanting to use that emoticon for 3 years)

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 17 Apr 2015, 2:11 pm

As it's "Anything Goes" this time it's me, going that is.

To Vegas.

Been a couple of times (10 years ago last time) before but, anyone with any must do's or good to do's that I may not have thought about. Done (and doing) that big ravine thing in the vicinity and otherwise have seen the Hoover Dam from the air. Other than that just done plenty of ambling around and taken in sights and sounds. Not golfing (missus based trip) unless she packs me off of course.

Totally coincidentally a couple of lads I know get there the day after so will be catching up with them (incidentally last time I went with my then missus, my previous ex-missus was there - made for an odd night out!).

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 17 Apr 2015, 2:26 pm

Not a big fan of Vegas, Roller, but if you have not enough hits and too many missus, go north to Tahoe which is beautiful.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 17 Apr 2015, 2:32 pm

Take a drive out into death valley - I loved it!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 17 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:Take a drive out into death valley - I loved it!
With all thoses ex'es I think he has done that....

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 17 Apr 2015, 3:01 pm

I would visit this place if in Vegas

http://www.nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri 17 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm

Leave and drive to the Grand Canyon!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 17 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm

Here's a lucky/good golfer. Six holes in one on 5 courses in a year. CLICK LINK

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 17 Apr 2015, 7:31 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:Here's a lucky/good golfer. Six holes in one on 5 courses in a year.  CLICK LINK
Hasn't been done since Kim Jong-Il.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 8:27 pm

Vegas is on my places to go list.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 17 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

You should go to Albuquerque and try some of that blue meth everyone's talking about. Supposed to be the bomb.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm

I've never been to Vegas - but if that sort of thing is what you want then I'd suggest New Orleans - I believe it is USA's second largest city for gambling (no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but it has some terrific music there too if you like Jazz in the daytime and Southern Rock at night

Don't stray too far from the French Quarter but that is one hell of a party town

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:53 pm

I've been to Vegas and absolutely loved it.
Make sure you check out the old Downtown area - I say old, it's been proper revamped now but is where the Golden Nugget, Binions etc is. The Fremont Street Experience is excellent. Check it out online.

The Beatles Love show at the Mirage (where we stayed) is Cirque de Soleil and is also a must see in my view.

Where you staying Roller?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:59 pm

davie

As a massive treme fan I would love to go to New Orleans. I am sure there are tourist traps but I dream of finding some authentic food and music there.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 18 Apr 2015, 5:29 am

What's a treme fan?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sat 18 Apr 2015, 5:46 am

Treme = TV show about New Orleans post hurricane Katrina.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 18 Apr 2015, 6:25 am

Ah thank you. I'd never heard of it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Sat 18 Apr 2015, 6:50 am

Presumably based in the Treme area of New Orleans?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Sun 19 Apr 2015, 4:59 pm

Go on the Villa!
Tim Sherwood, arrogant as they come, but what a turnaround at Villa Park
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 9:37 pm

Doing a great job.

Benteke, the man is on fire.

Who would have thought at the start of the season we would have the form striker in the league now.

Great display today.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:50 am

Cheers all. As it's all booked already, New Orleans won't be for this visit but

MPB - Stopping at the Wynn Encore. Cirque is a maybe (want to do some kind of show, just not picked one yet - have ruled out Britney Spears though!). Canyon is a yes. Downtown is a yes. Pinball museum is a yes (don't ask). Mob museum is a maybe.

Mac - I'd actually be quite interested in the atomic museum but the missus would go nuclear drumroll

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:52 am

West - well done Villains, hope you go on and win it.

Going?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:27 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:West - well done Villains, hope you go on and win it.

Going?

Probably wont be able to get a ticket.
Only went to the Bournemouth game. For the semi, had to have been to at least 2 cup games.

Will still give it a try, if not, will be out in town for it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:36 pm

This is rather serious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32436422

At least golf's sex scandals are legal.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 23 Apr 2015, 5:07 pm

McLaren wrote:This is rather serious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32436422

At least golf's sex scandals are legal.
If there's grass you can play?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 23 Apr 2015, 8:29 pm

BBC website wrote:"May I remind all concerned that the defendant has a right to a fair trial," he said.

"It is very important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.

Good luck with that one! The telling point to me is not the charges of having sex, but the "grooming" charge. That, to me, implies some sort of premeditation rather than finding a bit of jailbait in a nightclub and believing she was legal - but who am I to comment online and jeopardize his fair hearing Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 1347041234

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 24 Apr 2015, 8:44 am

Davie wrote:
BBC website wrote:"May I remind all concerned that the defendant has a right to a fair trial," he said.

"It is very important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.

Good luck with that one! The telling point to me is not the charges of having sex, but the "grooming" charge. That, to me, implies some sort of premeditation rather than finding a bit of jailbait in a nightclub and believing she was legal - but who am I to comment online and jeopardize his fair hearing Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 1347041234
That sounds more like a suggestion than an order from the Judge
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 24 Apr 2015, 12:17 pm

Just wondering whether the mods here have read this? http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/web/trollbusters-this-algorithm-can-predict-if-you-re-going-to-get-banned-1291402
Maybe Mac and super should have a read too...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 25 Apr 2015, 6:34 am

If you post on the golf forum you get away with it- which is a good thing .. But if Mac posted elsewhere in regularity he would be on many bans already.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 25 Apr 2015, 10:24 am

mystiroakey wrote:If you post on the golf forum you get away with it- which is a good thing .. But if Mac posted elsewhere in regularity he would be on many bans already.

From the article-
The team hopes that the work can be used to develop moderation tools that automatically highlight users that may go on to be disruptive, saving moderators time. But they also warned that their findings showed overly harsh moderation tended to exacerbate antisocial behaviour, and that a light touch was more effective than throwing out the banhammer.

During my time as a mod on here my intention was to operate on a policy of mediation first, then moderation - I think Navy is probably in a similar position. I believe this works well on the golf board where contributors are generally bright enough to see sense and accept where they've crossed a line. I don't get the impression other areas of the forum could cope with such management.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 25 Apr 2015, 12:42 pm

You done good barra . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 25 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm

Barra doing better than Ben Affleck, that's for sure...

After his tantrums on the Bill Maher show some time ago now he wants some genealogy show ('Finding your Roots') to censor information that his ancestors were slave owners...

Ben, thanks for the entertainment. You pretty much confirmed what a d!ck you are.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 25 Apr 2015, 11:20 pm

Pedro

I think the show went out last year, so has already been censored. It is just that the sony hacked emails have now revealed that the slave owning ancestors bit was removed.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:21 am

pedro wrote:Barra doing better than Ben Affleck, that's for sure...

After his tantrums on the Bill Maher show some time ago now he wants some genealogy show ('Finding your Roots') to censor information that his ancestors were slave owners...

Ben, thanks for the entertainment. You pretty much confirmed what a d!ck you are.

Why would anyone seek to censor something which doesn't affect them in the slightest and which is something they couldn't possibly have done anything against.

Pretty sure every family in the world has some sort of dodgy history if you go back far enough. I've got Irish ancestry for goodness sake, you don't get more embarrassing than that. Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:06 pm

It's just Affleck, S_R. A luvvie and a pretty daft one at that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm

For a moment I thought this map shows where most PGA Tour events are played....

Spoiler:

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:28 am

pedro wrote:For a moment I thought this map shows where most PGA Tour events are played....

Spoiler:
Does that take into account the population in those locales? I.e. is it per head of population?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:44 pm

Navy, here's the explanation:

Racist people in the U.S. appear to be clustered along the Appalachian Mountains from Georgia, through New York and all the way up to Vermont, at least according to a Washington Post report Tuesday that cited a recent study published in the scientific journal PLOS One.

And how does one measure something as abstract as racism? This is where technology — in this incidence, Google search — comes in handy. The study used data on how often people searched a racial epithet on the Internet to determine where racists lived.

“Area racism was the proportion of Google searches containing the ‘N-word’ in 196 designated market areas,” according to PLOS One, whose name is derived from that of the organization Public Library of Science.

This method, according to the Post, is more effective than it sounds because people are not constrained by typical social taboos when they conduct searches online and because attempts were made to control for uses of the epithet likely not intended as pejorative.

Aside from mapping racism in America, what is compelling about the study is that it established a correlation between racist searches and black mortality rates. “DMAs characterized by a one standard deviation greater level of area racism were associated with an 8.2% increase in the all-cause Black mortality rate, equivalent to over 30,000 deaths annually,” said the journal.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next