The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+17
compelling and rich
kingraf
dancingweeman
Galted
Hibbz
Dolphin Ziggler
1GrumpyGolfer
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
ShahenshahG
Adam D
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
seanmichaels
Rowley
superflyweight
21 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Thu 07 May 2015, 9:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Labour are in where I live. Should probably be the same again but who knows with the amount of numpties in Scotland who have fallen for the line that the SNP is a left-wing progressive party.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:37 am

Jeff wrote:Take it you and Dave will be meeting up here for lunch today Rick:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4Gsc4D9mqpR41MVRl3jtjCZ/bradford

Think for such an occasion our usual policy re members meeting can be waived. Rock school at 13.15 sounds right up Dave's street.

As tempting as this is, I do not want to set a dangerous precedent on the cup so will have to give it a miss, on the basis that DAVE would have bagsied this one, as I know he loves nothing more than school choirs singing around a puddle, so I will bow to his wishes on this one...

Morning Jeff

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Galted Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:41 am

Just read about Jerry Collins dying. What's the betting everyone on the rugby board's trying to outdo everyone else with their RIP'ing as though they knew him?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Jeff wrote:Take it you and Dave will be meeting up here for lunch today Rick:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4Gsc4D9mqpR41MVRl3jtjCZ/bradford

Think for such an occasion our usual policy re members meeting can be waived. Rock school at 13.15 sounds right up Dave's street.

As tempting as this is, I do not want to set a dangerous precedent on the cup so will have to give it a miss, on the basis that DAVE would have bagsied this one, as I know he loves nothing more than school choirs singing around a puddle, so I will bow to his wishes on this one...

Morning Jeff
Not convinced the moshpit will be up to much. F*cking doors for SLAYER open at 6pm with a 10pm curfew...er, 'scuse me, it's not a f*cking school night and I'm a grown up...mind you, to be fair, 10pm is actually round my bedtime these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:46 pm

Would have been thread split in the old days...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:51 pm

You mean back when this place wasn't a haven for the criminally insane, terminally senile, sexually inadequate, chronically obese, dangerously subversive, scatalogically obsessed and the rest of you?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 05 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm

DAVE wrote:You mean back when this place wasn't a haven for the criminally insane, terminally senile, sexually inadequate, chronically obese, dangerously subversive, scatalogically obsessed and the rest of you?

No, unfortunately this was always the baseline of the thread, we now have people debating and chatting!!! In a chatroom...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 Jun 2015, 2:56 pm

I just dropped my teenage daughter off in town - Simple Minds came on the car radio, Don't You Forget About Me. She aid "Oh, that's from The Breakfast Club". I am a proud father today!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 08 Jun 2015, 7:40 am

Fist.

Good morning dear dear friends

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 08 Jun 2015, 7:45 am

Morning all

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 08 Jun 2015, 7:50 am

Morning gents, all well with you both?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:10 am

Not bad actually, sun is out gentle breeze, What about you?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:11 am

Quite lovely here too mate, though aching like crazy after my first game of 11-a-side football for ages...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:15 am

morning

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:49 am

Can't michaels it this early, morning sean, much time at the crease over the weekend?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:57 am

2nd ball duck. Didn't feel right all day. Picked up a couple of wickets though. My knee is buggered, thought a weeks rest would sort it but came up like a baloon on saturday night.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:02 am

seanmichaels wrote:2nd ball duck. Didn't feel right all day. Picked up a couple of wickets though. My knee is buggered, thought a weeks rest would sort it but came on a baboon on saturday night.

You never cease to amaze me.

Morning all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:03 am

Adam D wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:2nd ball duck. Didn't feel right all day. Picked up a couple of wickets though. My knee is buggered, thought a weeks rest would sort it but came on  a baboon on saturday night.

You never cease to amaze me.

Morning all

Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:05 am

baboon's are shaved aren't they?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:15 am

Bad weekend for 606's resident cricket types. Even the athlete only managed a less than inspiring 0 not out from seven balls.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:20 am

I’m playing cricket next Sunday. It’s a charity thing at work.

I’ll probably just field though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:21 am

seanmichaels wrote:baboon's are shaved aren't they?

Only Brazilian ones

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:23 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I’m playing cricket next Sunday.  It’s a charity thing at work.

Never really thought about this before but your post has made me think. Has there ever been a scouse cricketer at county or national level?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:33 am

Adam D wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:baboon's are shaved aren't they?

Only Brazilian ones

Laugh twice in one morning

This weed is f*cking good

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:36 am

A. I have traced three England Test cricketers who were born in Liverpool. The first to play for England was A G Steel (1858-1914), who, in his prime, was rated second to W G Grace. He played 13 Tests, and led England to a clean sweep in the three-match series v Australia in 1886.

The others are M C Bird (1888-1933), who played 10 Tests two tours of South Africa between 1909 and 1914, and Ken Cranston (born 1917), who played eight times for England, captaining the side in the First Test v West Indies on the 1947-48 tour.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:12 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I’m playing cricket next Sunday.  It’s a charity thing at work.

Never really thought about this before but your post has made me think. Has there ever been a scouse cricketer at county or national level?

I'm not technically a scouser. I was born in Ellesmere Port. Real scousers would get upset I claimed to be one.

Seeing as I can neither bat or bowl to any level, Sean, what do you think I should claim I am when the chap running it asks me? An opening pace bowler of genuine hostility or a destructive middle order batsman? I'll be exposed as a fraud either way so I may as well lie.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:23 am

Say you're a spinner Tina, you don't have to do a big run up and get all knackered doing that, as long as you bowl with a funny action you'll be fine. If they dispatch your bowling to all corners you can just blame the pitch for not being conducive to your style of bowling.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:32 am

Rowley wrote:Say you're a spinner Tina, you don't have to do a big run up and get all knackered doing that, as long as you bowl with a funny action you'll be fine. If they dispatch your bowling to all corners you can just blame the pitch for not being conducive to your style of bowling.

Great advice, Jeff.  I hadn't thought of that.  Leg spinner it is.  My 'mystery' ball will be the one that doesn't turn.  Along with all the other balls that don't turn.

I'm definitely going to claim I am a slip fielder.  Limited running involved in that and I reckon I would catch at least 2 out of ten that come my way.  I just fancy giving some sledging to the batsman.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

The other benefit of this is if they believe you are a spinner you manage their exepectations batting wise. They will assume you will be terrible so any runs you are fortunate enough to get will be considered a bonus.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:41 am

Tell them you're a fielder after the fashion of Harry Lime and let them work it out themselves.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

I guess you have a white shirt and cream jersey combo from next?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:04 am

seanmichaels wrote:I guess you have a white shirt and cream jersey combo from next?

Alas, no.  But I wish I did.

All the clobber is being provided, along with some food and drink.  We have to 'pay to play' with the money going to this chaps charitable trust.  I just fancy strolling around in the sunshine and smashing a quick 70 off 30 balls.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:15 am

Will there be saffas present? We have one playing for us this year although he is in the British army and this has obviously had the effect of making him less abrasive.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:19 am

seanmichaels wrote:Will there be saffas present? We have one playing for us this year although he is in the British army and this has obviously had the effect of making him less abrasive.

I'm not sure. Not from our 'team' but maybe in the oppo's team.

If there is, I hope it's Raf. I am going to bowl a beamer right in his cake hole.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:21 am

Have you got your sledging lines prepared?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:23 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Will there be saffas present? We have one playing for us this year although he is in the British army and this has obviously had the effect of making him less abrasive.

I'm not sure.  Not from our 'team' but maybe in the oppo's team.

If there is, I hope it's Raf.  I am going to bowl a beamer right in his cake hole.

Rafcox would rock back before hooking it majestically for six.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:28 am

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

I'm not sure.  Not from our 'team' but maybe in the oppo's team.

If there is, I hope it's Raf.  I am going to bowl a beamer right in his cake hole.

Rafcox would rock back before hooking it majestically for six.

Then I'll wait for him in the changing room and wrap my Gray-Nicolls round his head.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm

Tina, if you tell them you've channeled the spirit of Pat Pocock, you'll be fine.

Not a massive cricket fan (my dad was and being from Jamaica I think he assumed that I would be a fan by virtue of my DNA) but I do recall Pocock being one of the worst players I've ever seen for England. I remember during one particularly poor spelling of bowling, the TV picking up someone in the crowd shout "Give it some air, ya puff!" Think he managed to score a single run and the roar that greeted it made you think he was Ian Botham re-incarnated

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 09 Jun 2015, 6:49 am

Morning bastards, what's occurring?

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:29 am

Morning Rick

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:37 am

Morning Jeff

You fancying the split post today? It would be a nice day for it, cracking the flags here...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:56 am

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20