The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

+25
rodders
Coxy001
RanjitPatel
ShahenshahG
Strongback
Rowley
Silver
Nico the gman
Conor_Mack
3fingers
Scottrf
TopHat24/7
kingraf
Mr Bounce
catchweight
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
Lance
AdamT
Valero's Conscience
Hammersmith harrier
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
milkyboy
hampo17
29 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? - Page 4 Empty Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 May 2015 - 21:18

First topic message reminder :

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? By Connor Mack

http://goo.gl/oB1At0

Look forward to seeing what Trussman has to say after reading this article Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015 - 20:52

You weren't the piece of Trash you pleb, Ayala is/was.

So for our resident GGG haters, who would you have him face next IF Cotto doesn't get made

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 20:55

Derbymanc wrote:You weren't the piece of Trash you pleb, Ayala is/was.

So for our resident GGG haters, who would you have him face next IF Cotto doesn't get made

Who is a resident hater ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015 - 20:56

The regulars on the board that don't really rate him

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 20:56

He wants to fight Mayweather at 154.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 20:56

I don't hate him, just think he is very overrated

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 May 2015 - 20:58

Alvarez is the fight for me Derby, a fight against Cotto as an actual fight is pretty awful, it would be a one sided obliteration whereas Canelo could cause him problems. That isn't to say Cotto shouldn't fight him but who would be looking forward to seeing that fight?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 20:58

Derbymanc wrote:The regulars on the board that don't really rate him

I rate him............He's a modern day JCC ......

I don't think you've been reading anything that's been written...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:03

Not how it comes across Truss.

I don't think Cotto would face him but Alvarez would definitely be a good match up. Who in the middleweight ranks would he need to face to show a real step up?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:04

Derbymanc wrote:Not how it comes across Truss.

I don't think Cotto would face him but Alvarez would definitely be a good match up. Who in the middleweight ranks would he need to face to show a real step up?

Read more carefully..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:05

Yeah still don't see you rating him.

Who would you see as a real step up for him at middleweight then Truss?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:06

There is no step up at middleweight over than Cotto and Alveraz. The divison is s..t.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:10

Derbymanc wrote:Not how it comes across Truss.

Lee, Lemiuex and Quillin are all decent match ups but do any of them take him to the next level i'm not so sure, that is the issue of single weight boxers they do usually end up fighting almost exclusively at the same level. Not everyone has Duran, Benitez and Hearns to fight against or even Elorde, Brown, Laguna and Ramos for Ortiz; Pedroza as Truss keeps saying is more indicative of what happens to long standing champions.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:11

AdamT wrote:There is no step up at middleweight over than Cotto and Alveraz. The divison is s..t.

why don't we just give him the middle division....He can have it !!...............Let him fight ward at 168 or maybe stevo or Kovo at 175..

He is 33 years old and whilst he probably gets trained by the same guys who trained Ivan Drago he is still getting on...........

May 130 -154.............24
Manny 112- 147..........35
Duran 135 - 160.........25
Oscar 130 - 160..........30

What's 8/15 pounds between friends.............

It's a perverse world where weight jumpers are called cowards and a wally who stays in a crummy division is a "real fighter"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:14

I can see what your saying Hammer but think that has to be assessed at the end of his career. I'd like to see him top of the tree at Middle and then move up or down. As someone else pointed out, there's a very real danger that he could move and have the same issues, if he's moving as THE man at his optimum weight then there may be more of a clamouring for others to get in the ring with him.

Who called weight jumpers cowards Truss?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:16

Yeah and Leonard and Hearns jumped up weights to meet challenges. Even Calzaghe did as well.

Froch has a much better resume than GGG. He has a couple of losses but his competition is far better.

GGG is the man at middle, no doubt. Time to move up to the more talented SMW divison

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:18

Derbymanc wrote:I can see what your saying Hammer but think that has to be assessed at the end of his career. I'd like to see him top of the tree at Middle and then move up or down. As someone else pointed out, there's a very real danger that he could move and have the same issues, if he's moving as THE man at his optimum weight then there may be more of a clamouring for others to get in the ring with him.

Who called weight jumpers cowards Truss?

Mayweather gets called one all the time.........

The fact Oscar didn't stay in a crap division and clear it out is one of the reasons he gets slapped down by some on here including one of the mods........Some people use the same card against Jones Jr....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:21

Don't agree with that at all. If boxers are moving to meet challenges then they should be applauded (in my eyes) and sometimes boxers grow out of a division too, i'd rather they moved than keep making catchweights.

I'd like to see boxers clearing out their optimum divisions but sometimes it isn't possible. If Cotto refused to face GGG next and then he decided to move then I don't see how you could hold the fact he hadn't 'officially' cleared out the division against him. Think he deserves the chance to try it though.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:26

I don't want boxers wasting time with fights like Hatton vs Maussa......

Warren only got Maussa over here in a unification because he was crap....

I'd pick GGG to beat Cotto.........So let's give him the win instead of p**sing about beating Monroe jr waiting for something that might never happen.........

Give Degale a call after he beats Dirrell..............Give Ward a call............

He beats degale at 168.............He belongs in any top 5..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:30

Yep he can move up fight Degale,Groves,Ward,Abraham,Froch etc. Lots of big fights for him. If he was 25 he could perhaps hang about and wait for Cotto and Canelo.

It is obvious these guys don't fancy it, so take that as a moral victory and step up and test yourself.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:33

Degale vs GGG would be a 50/50 in my book....

Love to see that.....

Probably say Degale turned down a good offer.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:34

I'd make GGG favourite but be a tough fight. Would love to see how he would do against Froch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:38

AdamT wrote:I'd make GGG favourite but be a tough fight. Would love to see how he would do against Froch.

I think he's probably a different fighter at 168......Degale is bigger and taller...Southpaw.....

Certainly know plenty after a fight like that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:39

Be a tough fight for sure.

Do you think Froch could put him on the backfoot,bully him?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 14 May 2015 - 21:49

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I'd make GGG favourite but be a tough fight. Would love to see how he would do against Froch.

I think he's probably a different fighter at 168......Degale is bigger and taller...Southpaw.....

Forgot to put 'average' in there Trussie

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 14 May 2015 - 22:00

I'd be more inclined to think that Froch would try and do another Abraham kind of job on Golovkin, Adam. At least that's how I think he'd initially set his stall out with a view to maybe mixing it up a bit more later in the fight once he's got a gauge on how Golovkin's power and strength has transferred to 168, or depending on whether or not his initial plan has banked any rounds etc. I'm not sure there's any real speed disparity between them so I think Froch might fancy his chances of being able to beat Golovkin to the punch on the outside and bank rounds by using his jab and combinations.

Wouldn't expect Golovkin to be anything like as unimaginative and rigid with his forward raids as Abraham was, or him to lose heart at any point as Abraham seemed to do, so it'd be a tough assignment but I think that'd be Froch's best chance and preferred option. Froch isn't really an inside fighter and tends to do his best work when he's got a bit more room to punch. And while warrior spirit is all well and good, I'm sure Froch and McCracken would be well aware that it'd be madness to rush straight in there and try to bully Golovkin from the off.

Never happening, mind you, but we can dream.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015 - 22:53

Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

He's a good fighter...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:18

AdamT wrote:middleweight divison is dire just like Heavyweight.

Ok, MiniTruss.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:19

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Ok, MiniTruss.....

Am I wrong though?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:22

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
I'd pick GGG to beat Cotto.........So let's give him the win  instead of p**sing about beating Monroe jr waiting for something that might never happen.........

Give Degale a call after he beats Dirrell..............Give Ward a call............

He beats degale at 168.............He belongs in any top 5..

And how do you propose any of those fights get made??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:26

AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Ok, MiniTruss.....

Am I wrong though?

MW has an exciting champ (undisputed in all but name) and in Cotto, Quillin & Lee and then Geale, Lemiuex, Murray & BJS a better & more talented 2nd and 3rd tier below.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:26

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Hobson, not Warren, was Ricky's first fight post Warren. Not particularly relevant or important but true none the less.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:30

TopHat24/7 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Ok, MiniTruss.....

Am I wrong though?

MW has an exciting champ (undisputed in all but name) and in Cotto, Quillin & Lee and then Geale, Lemiuex, Murray & BJS a better & more talented 2nd and 3rd tier below.

I agree with GGG being exciting. Cotto is not a middleweight and I am not convinced that Lee,etc make a division good. Heavyweight is probably looking healthier and that is saying something.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:50

Lee and Quillin can make the division exciting by fighting the other names mentioned except for Golovkin. Golovkin is too good for them.
Lee, Geale, Quillin, Lemiuex, Murray and even bjs/ eubank jr could make for some cracking fights. All easy wins for Golovkin though.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:01

AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Ok, MiniTruss.....

Am I wrong though?

I agree with GGG being exciting. Cotto is not a middleweight and I am not convinced that Lee,etc make a division good. Heavyweight is probably looking healthier and that is saying something.

I agree he's full of crap.....

Ward, Froch. Degale, Groves would all make better fights than Quillin types....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:02

Like I have said before.

Floyd and Mannys worst opponents are as good as GGG best.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:07

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Ok, MiniTruss.....

Am I wrong though?

What division are they in again??

MiniTruss & I are comparing MW and HW. Try to keep up you f*cking muppet.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:08

Top Heavy

Heavyweight has Joshua and Wilder. They are hardly the second coming of Ali but much better than anything happening over in middleweight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:10

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Ok, MiniTruss.....

Am I wrong though?

What division are they in again??

MiniTruss & I are comparing MW and HW. Try to keep up you f*cking muppet.

I'm comparing supermidd and midd.............and I was aiming my comments at Adam..

He's seen some fights before 2010..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:11

Rowley wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Hobson, not Warren, was Ricky's first fight post Warren. Not particularly relevant or important but true none the less.

You're right it isn't particularly relevant..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:11

Knock it off Truss it's boring.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:12

Derbymanc wrote:Knock it off Truss it's boring.

Shouldn't you be writing about some British superstar with a 20-6 record..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:15

Nah, i'm putting together an article on why so called 'superfans' are actually bad for the sport.

The British articles will start later.

If you think you can do better then your welcome to try, i'm sure for someone with your depth of knowledge it won't be too difficult Rolling Eyes

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:16

There is more action in this forum today, than there has been in Audley Harrisons entire career!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:17

Laugh Laugh clap Very good Ad

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:18

Derbymanc wrote:Nah, i'm putting together an article on why so called 'superfans' are actually bad for the sport.

The British articles will start later.

If you think you can do better then your welcome to try, i'm sure for someone with your depth of knowledge it won't be too difficult Rolling Eyes

Used to write articles for 606...............

Ask him to show you some..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:19

I've seen them Truss, I've been going through all the older articles picking stuff out to add when it's a slow news day.

And ask who???

Last edited by Derbymanc on Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:21; edited 2 times in total

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:20

That's my joke of the day. Now back to being a horrible wee cu.t!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:21

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

He's a good fighter...

And you think GGG is average at best picard

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:22

Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

He's a good fighter...

i'm not in the mood for your stupid comments....Go and pretend you play golf.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 15 May 2015 - 0:37

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

He's a good fighter...

i'm not in the mood for your stupid comments....Go and pretend you play golf.

It's raining and you can't seem to handle people pointing out contradictions in your ratings of certain fighters.

GGG would smash Degale to bits. Geale/Murray/Macklin are a fair way above what JD has fought so far. Not saying GGG is a modern great in the making, more that on record and him obliterating most put infront of him that DeGimpy would probably end up going the same way.

I sent you a PM some time ago Truss regarding golf, you should perhaps read it.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next