The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

+25
rodders
Coxy001
RanjitPatel
ShahenshahG
Strongback
Rowley
Silver
Nico the gman
Conor_Mack
3fingers
Scottrf
TopHat24/7
kingraf
Mr Bounce
catchweight
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
Lance
AdamT
Valero's Conscience
Hammersmith harrier
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
milkyboy
hampo17
29 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? - Page 3 Empty Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 May 2015, 11:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? By Connor Mack

http://goo.gl/oB1At0

Look forward to seeing what Trussman has to say after reading this article Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

Post by Rowley Wed 13 May 2015, 9:51 pm

My post was perhaps a little harsh I was typing it on my phone and so was a little briefer than I should have been and perhaps a little harsh on Miguel, but this far I have seen nothing in his interviews from either him or his promoters have even the slightest intention of fighting GGG. If he gets Geale out of the way and then makes the fight I will be only too happy to stand corrected.

Does wind me up something furious though when fans are saying a guy should move up to gain opportunities he is denied in his own division. The only thing I can really say is should he f**k. Promoters, governing bodies fans and anyone with the ability to influence these things should ensure he gets these opportunities at his own weight.

HH's comment that GGG is the WBC mandatory is encouraging but they are hardly an organisation who instil you with huge amounts of faith when it comes to them doing the right thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 May 2015, 10:08 pm

He gets extremely well paid for fighting stiffs..............He isn't like Quigg third up on a card...............

He's not from a rich part of the world.........His stiff purses are a king's ransom..

Manny-May has showed where there is a will there is a way.........

Seems too convenient that all the good fighters seem to be avoiding him..

Yet chaff like Monroe jr, Macklin, Geale etc seem to fancy their chances..

If he was English or American most on here would be giving him a hard time.........Alas he's a cuddly little Rusky who smiles a lot and says all the right things...

If he was a chick I'd be happy to let him marry Rob...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 13 May 2015, 10:16 pm

So are you saying your happy with Cotto fighting at catchweights then Truss? and are you saying that if he ends up sidestepping GGG (who is his mandatory) you'll hold your hands up and say he's being avoided?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 13 May 2015, 11:20 pm

Where is the evidence hes avoided?

Cotto avoiding him after one fight.

Martinez avoiding him whilst injured.

Sturm avoiding him when Golovkin is never available to negotiate.

Sturm offered him a fight and Golovkin said no. Bet he avoided him too.

People believe what suits their agenda.

Golovkins teams knows his fans lap this crap up

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 13 May 2015, 11:20 pm

Quilin avoiding him when Golovkin is never available to negotiate.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 13 May 2015, 11:21 pm

Quilin avoiding him when Golovkin is never available to negotiate.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 13 May 2015, 11:28 pm

Lance, I know you wanted to get your point across but did you need to post it three times? Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 14 May 2015, 12:14 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let's see this knob fight on the back foot..

Just because he's a smiling Russian who's probably a c**t behind closed doors........Try not to believe everything him and his camp tell you...

Wow. You really do have something against him.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 14 May 2015, 12:48 am

Golovkin avoided Sturm. Maybe the best one yet.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 14 May 2015, 1:58 am

Wasn't he chasing sturm a little while back and sturm was coming out with the usual guff. Prove himself blah blah blah doesn't make financial sense then he fought some low key low paying fights. That's the second time you've done that in recent days Lance. Something about him ducking quillin who vacated his belt rather than face korobov despite expectations that he would raise a fair but of money for that fight and has gone on record to say Golovkin is a high risk low reward fight. Weird the spite some people have for golovkin.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 May 2015, 7:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:Ok. You don't like him then because he hasn't done enough. What do you want him to do that doesn't involve anybody from a different weight???

Truss is already on record saying GGG should give away his entire purse to pay ducking North American's to get in the ring with him.

If it's on record you'll be able to dig up the post then...........

You didn't have the balls or ability to reply, but this was the thread:

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Not the point Truss and you know your putting an extreme example there.

GGG's been getting million dollar paydays (I think) so why should he drop way below that???

Am I asking GGG to drop his demands ??

Yes, you are.

The available pot of money is essentially fixed, therefore if GGG were to do what you say and just make stupid high offers (though note Quillin still ducked Korobov in spite of a career high payday) then his proportion of the pot would have to reduce.

Can't imagine there's more than a couple of million in that pot, you're suggesting pretty much the entire thing is spent to coax N American duckers out from their holes.

https://www.606v2.com/t58836-ggg-double-standards-are-alive-and-well

It was clear you were saying GGG needs to pay whatever it takes to get guys in the ring who are ducking him. But as a GGG purse is only a few mill, and chief duck Quillin has already turned down career high paydays of that order to avoid an EE fighter, it would mean GGG having to give up pretty much his entire share of a fight purse.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Conor_Mack Thu 14 May 2015, 9:11 am

Silver wrote:

Just because he's a smiling Russian who's probably a c**t behind closed doors........Try not to believe everything him and his camp tell you...

Agreed, and hes not even Russian. Seems like there is a lot of spite for him for some reason. I can't understand it myself, hes an exciting up and comer who's likable, great for boxing and giving the fans what they want to see. Plus hes got sound boxing skills as well which is great for fans who like to see the technical side of things.

Conor_Mack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 May 2015, 9:16 am

Truss is an 80s Yank, what do you expect??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 May 2015, 9:24 am

I don't see why everyone has to rate him, I for one don't and think he's currently the most over-rated boxer in the world whom has achieved the square root of F all. Being forced how brilliant he is and how exciting he is non-stop doesn't endear people to him, it does the opposite and makes them even more apathetic towards him.

What put me off him even more was when HBO started pushing the 'about to equal Monzon's middleweight defences' line when he is nowhere near doing such a thing and is frankly quite insulting to a genuinely great Middleweight champion. Now I also don't find it exciting to watch a boxer knock out average boxer after average boxer, they've been put in front of him to be stopped that's it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 9:27 am

Conor_Mack wrote:
Silver wrote:

Agreed, and hes not even Russian. Seems like there is a lot of spite for him for some reason. I can't understand it myself, hes an exciting up and comer who's likable, great for boxing and giving the fans what they want to see. Plus hes got sound boxing skills as well which is great for fans who like to see the technical side of things.

I don't dislike the Russian............

Have more disdain for muppets who claim he's the one non-cherrypicker in Boxing..........When guys like Cotto, Manny and Floyd have fought the best....

and he's beaten diddly's best friend.....

Then again when some idiot reckons (10-1) Murray is a top win but Manny doesn't mean anything because he's (3-1) you know you're wasting your time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 9:35 am

That's one person Truss, there's a lot of other people that like him and will readily admit his opposition needs to step up. Problem is as has been pointed out a few times a lot of them would rather fight at catchweights against the likes of Geale (who GGG also beat,) and so on. Think it was pointed out yesterday that Sturm also said he wouldn't face him, Frochs said the same and son on.

I agree with the point that he can't be classed near the top of the tree due to the nature of his opposition who I would say are good wins rather than great.

But the proof will be in the pudding if Cotto manages to get past Geale and we may see GGG in with a top name.

P.S abusing the people who don't agree with you makes you look like a baby rather than someone who wants to talk about the topic (same goes for anyone that does it)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 9:38 am

Derbymanc wrote:That's one person Truss, there's a lot of other people that like him and will readily admit his opposition needs to step up. Problem is as has been pointed out a few times a lot of them would rather fight at catchweights against the likes of Geale (who GGG also beat,) and so on. Think it was pointed out yesterday that Sturm also said he wouldn't face him, Frochs said the same and son on.

I agree with the point that he can't be classed near the top of the tree due to the nature of his opposition who I would say are good wins rather than great.

But the proof will be in the pudding if Cotto manages to get past Geale and we may see GGG in with a top name.

P.S abusing the people who don't agree with you makes you look like a baby rather than someone who wants to talk about the topic (same goes for anyone that does it)

One person ??....Loads of people have this guy P4P number 1..........Only have to look around on the net..

They make D4 look like Einstein..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Conor_Mack Thu 14 May 2015, 9:40 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I don't see why everyone has to rate him, I for one don't and think he's currently the most over-rated boxer in the world whom has achieved the square root of F all. Being forced how brilliant he is and how exciting he is non-stop doesn't endear people to him, it does the opposite and makes them even more apathetic towards him.

What put me off him even more was when HBO started pushing the 'about to equal Monzon's middleweight defences' line when he is nowhere near doing such a thing and is frankly quite insulting to a genuinely great Middleweight champion. Now I also don't find it exciting to watch a boxer knock out average boxer after average boxer, they've been put in front of him to be stopped that's it.

I know but no ones saying that hes better than Monzon, or Hagler or any of the other great middleweight fighters. It would be ridiculous to say he was due to him not having faced elite opposition yet. But in terms of numbers, he is nearly equal to Monzons number of title defences (quality of opposition not taken into account), and that's a fact. Nothing wrong with bringing up that statistic. Lets just hope he can get the fights to show is true potential.

Conor_Mack

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 9:42 am

Wasn't on about GGG, was on about Murray being a world class win.

He's a good boxer, exciting too watch and looks good in all departments. Whether it's his fault or not if the big boys in this division won't go near him then he will have a big decision to mate as I agree with Hammer in that eventually it becomes boring watching a clearly better fighter beat stiff after stiff.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 May 2015, 9:42 am

I would suggest you look up those statistics properly because Golovkin sits on zero compared to Monzon's 14 suggesting it is a fact when it couldn't be further from one is indicative of the crap we hear about him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 9:47 am

Have a bit of sympathy for GGG.....He's run out of Sergio's sloppy seconds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 9:50 am

Rolling Eyes  good to see you can still hold a debate.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though, can you show me anything where GGG or his team etc have actively ducked a fighter

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 9:54 am

Derbymanc wrote:Rolling Eyes  good to see you can still hold a debate.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though, can you show me anything where GGG or his team etc have actively ducked a fighter

Like Toppy all your knowledge is restricted to the present...

It's not easy to explain certain things and where they fit in with certain precedents..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 9:57 am

We're talking about the present Truss, all you can do is copy D4 and go round and round in circles until it gets to a point you may know something about.

Precedence means nothing, your stating GGG is actively ducking some fighters, so show us something that shows that.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:00 am

I bet If I look at the ayala jr thread it will be the same posters who always post on threads like that...........You won't be on there becuase you've never heard of him....

So If we discuss GGG being great it's hard to debate you....Because like Toppy you've got no idea who's done what and when!!

No offence............That's how it is..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 10:03 am

Sorry Truss, but I don't waste my time on pieces of Trash.

And your not half as knowledgable as you like to think you are, you hijack any thread and try to get it around to what you know and then proceed to p!ss everyone off by staying off topic and refusing to debate a point.

Your only rebuttal (which funnily enough is the same as D4) is to state that those that don't agree don't have the knowledge you do, unfortunately your pretty much wrong on that one. Most of us don't need to shout it from the rooftops to prove it.

And i'm asking you to show a simple point you made, the fact you can't shows that as usual your just full of hot air

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 14 May 2015, 10:05 am

GGG is clearly a very talented fighter but has had some bad luck in that there aren't any other world class middles around at the moment. Hopefully one or two come out of the woodwork.

On the issue of him moving up, he doesn't look big enough to me and, as others have said, moving down looks like a more feasible option. Saying that though it's the moving up that'll make him a great fighter not moving down or staying still.

As others have said, he could just stay at middle and take the longevity route to greatness but that may mean him not really challenging himself due to him being better than everyone else at his weight.

He's in his comfort zone now and maybe if the Cotto or Alvarez fights don't come off in the next 6 months it'll be time to move. He probably wouldn't get the credit beating two former welterweights anyway.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:09 am

Derbymanc wrote:Sorry Truss, but I don't waste my time on pieces of Trash.

And your not half as knowledgable as you like to think you are, you hijack any thread and try to get it around to what you know and then proceed to p!ss everyone off by staying off topic and refusing to debate a point.

Your only rebuttal (which funnily enough is the same as D4) is to state that those that don't agree don't have the knowledge you do, unfortunately your pretty much wrong on that one. Most of us don't need to shout it from the rooftops to prove it.

And i'm asking you to show a simple point you made, the fact you can't shows that as usual your just full of hot air

The truth hurts doesn't it Son..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 10:11 am

What truth are you peddling, that you cannot back up a single thing that is said about boxing today?

How about that you have a hissy fit when someone doesn't agree with you?

That's the problem with having everything handed to you, when people don't follow your flow you throw your toys out of the pram Smile

That's alright though Son, you can continue talking to youself and hiding behind everyones shadow.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:15 am

I think I've backed up enough about GGG............

He hasn't fought anybody top draw in five years..........FACT

He's the Pedrosa of his age.......FACT

That Manny-May manages to get made and nobody seems able to get a name for this guy!!...FACT

That all these apparently cowardly top fighters don't want him and yet chaff like Monroe jr, Geale and Macklin all fancy the job.....

No post on the Ayala jr thread I see............ Cool Cool Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 14 May 2015, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 10:19 am

Nope, you haven't backed anything up and i'll tell you the same things I tell the kids. Putting FACT after a statement doesn't make it so, you need the proof too.

Show me the proof that he's actively avoided someone, and using Manny/May is one of the most ridiculous arguments i've seen you try and make. The biggest purse in boxing was gonna get made at some point, if you knew anything then you would have realised that.

Monroe Jr, Geale and Macklin probably got bigger pay days, aren't you the one alwasy spouting off that it's a business?

As I said 'mate' I don't give props to a scumbag like that, you may be willing to forgive all because someone can throw a punch, I ain't.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:20 am

So he has fought top draw fighters in the last 5 years then...........

Never said he's avoided anyone....Where have I said that ???

You're getting desperate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That Manny-May manages to get made and nobody seems able to get a name for this guy!!...FACT

Yeah, not like it took more than half a decade or anything, despite it making more sense on every single level for those two than a Golovkin fight makes for either of Cotto or Alvarez. Not the best argument you've put forward on this particular issue, beefster.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:23 am

Mayweather has fought Alvarez, Delahoya, JMM and god knows who else..

You're getting desperate too..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:24 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:That's one person Truss, there's a lot of other people that like him and will readily admit his opposition needs to step up. Problem is as has been pointed out a few times a lot of them would rather fight at catchweights against the likes of Geale (who GGG also beat,) and so on. Think it was pointed out yesterday that Sturm also said he wouldn't face him, Frochs said the same and son on.

One person ??....Loads of people have this guy P4P number 1..........Only have to look around on the net..

They make D4 look like Einstein..

WHO...??????

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 10:25 am

You've stated it numerous times that he cherry picks and avoids the big fighters, thats why you've got a bee up your ass.

The fact that you accept ducking and cherry picking as part of the sport then i dont see why you have an issue.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mayweather has fought Alvarez, Delahoya, JMM  and god knows who else..

You're getting desperate too..

He certainly did, not disputing that. Just don't think the Mayweather-Pacquiao farce is much of an example with regards to Golovkin supposedly not fighting the elite guys in or around his weight class by choice, or of how easy it is to make those big fights. If anything, the Floyd-Manny joke suggests the total opposite.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:28 am

Use the others as examples as well by all means Mate !! Very Happy Very Happy Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 10:30 am

Except that we seem to be at a point in boxing where a lot of the big fights aren't getting made. anyone is willing to fight Floyd or Manny due to the big bucks on offer regardless of the outcome (hence why Pac fought on with an 'injury')

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015, 10:31 am

Calzaghes record is ten times better than GGG and that is without including Hopkins and Kessler.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 14 May 2015, 10:35 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Have a bit of sympathy for GGG.....He's run out of Sergio's sloppy seconds..

Good to know Cotto has not run out of GGG's sloppy seconds though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:37 am

Give him time......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015, 10:38 am

middleweight divison is dire just like Heavyweight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:45 am

Monroe jr has 6 kayos in 19 wins.....with a loss to someone with a 17-17 record..

Can't wait...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015, 10:46 am

Monroe jr is a future hall of famer, same as Murray and Geale!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 10:49 am

On that we're in agreement Truss, it's a completely nothing fight and if he really wants to push the issue he needs to keep the opposition strong until the only real excuse left for the big guns can only be that they're avoiding him.

Adam has he slapped you around at school or something???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:49 am

AdamT wrote:Monroe jr is a future hall of famer, same as Murray and Geale!

GGG is a "real fighter and we should all get behind him" ....... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 May 2015, 10:50 am

Derbymanc wrote:On that we're in agreement Truss, it's a completely nothing fight and if he really wants to push the issue he needs to keep the opposition strong until the only real excuse left for the big guns can only be that they're avoiding him.

I would be a step up in class if he did.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 14 May 2015, 10:52 am

I'd give Martin Murray a bell, you could make yourself some actual money then

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 May 2015, 10:52 am

Derbymanc wrote:On that we're in agreement Truss, it's a completely nothing fight and if he really wants to push the issue he needs to keep the opposition strong until the only real excuse left for the big guns can only be that they're avoiding him.

I thought you weren't debating with a "piece of trash"...... Gennady Golovkin, One Of The Best Ever? - Page 3 3845856932

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next