The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES NATWEST T20 BLAST

4 posters

Go down

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 28 May 2015, 4:57 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A FOURTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE NATWEST T20 BLAST GAME AGAINST THE KENT SPITFIRES AT BECKENHAM ON FRIDAY.
Moises Henriques is included for the first time having joined up with the squad on Thursday having finished playing for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League. Azhar Mahmood is also named in the squad having also finished playing in the IPL for the Kolkata Knight Riders.
there is no place in the squad for Vikram Solanki Rolling Eyes
The Surrey squad to play the Kent Spitfires in the NatWest T20 Blast at The County Ground, Beckenham on Friday 29th May:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Moises Henriques
Aneesh Kapil
Azhar Mahmood
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
burns,foakes and ? to miss out
over to you guys Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Thu 28 May 2015, 5:37 pm

Hi JimBob - calling the team here has an extra factor making it even trickier than usual. Top local cricket journalist Richard Spiller mentioned recently that Azhar was now classed as an overseas player. If that was right and is still the case, it means only 2 of him, Sanga and Henriques can play.

Hmmm. Perhaps Spills was mistaken (possible although unusual) or it's been sorted.

Anyway, I have to back my man Spills and so I'll say Azhar, Burns and Kapil to miss out with Foakes at last making a competitive first team debut.

According to posters on the wallpaper site, Wilson is off to the Emerald Isle in the next few days so Foakes should get a call up for the Lancs CC match.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT SPITFIRES NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 28 May 2015, 9:59 pm

Mahmood no longer overseas Guildford so he can play Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 May 2015, 12:19 am

Cheers, JimBob. I see that Spills has acknowledged his ''error'' on twitter tonight. I hope I haven't caused problems for him - he's a first rate reporter and even better bloke.

On this understanding, I think Curran will miss out along with Burns and Kapil.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 29 May 2015, 8:50 am

Possible, tho unlikely, that we will play a team containing five wicket keepers. Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 29 May 2015, 5:19 pm

Kent win toss and bat
Burns,Foakes and Kapil miss out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 May 2015, 6:00 pm

2 out of 3, eh JimBob - not bad but no cigar for me or Foakes!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 29 May 2015, 6:14 pm

Quick start by Kent - Mahmood two overs for 33. Perhaps time he retired or remembered he doesn't play for them anymore!

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 29 May 2015, 6:30 pm

104-3 off 9.1 - Batty 2 overs for 29. Stop bowling yourself all the time. mad

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 May 2015, 7:19 pm

193/8 off their 20.

Given Kent were 130/3 off 11, we pulled it back well there.

Good start pretty much essential now ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 29 May 2015, 7:33 pm

Whoops

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 29 May 2015, 8:42 pm

Henriques excellent debut shame about the result

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 May 2015, 9:24 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Henriques excellent debut shame about the result

Yeah, 8/2 at the end of the first over with Roy and Davies back in the hutch made a tough task so much tougher. Sanga looked as if he might get us back in it but once he went, we were always looking at second place. Disappointing and not the best of nights for #ansariforengland.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down